• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
So who's getting MvC3 for PS3? I'm still debating getting it today, but if I can play with a bunch of you online it would definitely influence my decision.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
well, a corgi would have a lot of difficulty with the stairs and the landlord would not be ok with a corgi. but depending on a number of things, I may try to make sure my next place is in a place where I can get a dog.
Wes why can't you have a corgi at your place now? It's pretty ****ing big.

otg

Smash Master
I thought that was in reference to your old apartment, as I can imagine that many people (including people in Georgia who are probably not around often) do not know that you moved to the ill new crib. Still thats really unfortunate.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Would anyone buy a copy of MvC3 from me (360 or PS3, whichever you want) for a reasonable price, say ~$45? I might be able to get a good deal on 2 if I buy them at the same time, but I'd need to know tonight.

Let me know by like 9pm if possible @ 203,-,400,-,8628

noodles

Smash Champion
yeah im pretty new to it too. execution doesnt seem to be hard though. there's advanced combos that can be tough but you can get close to the same amount of damage done with a standard combo. plus sentinel is pretty easy. lol

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Is it safe to assume at this point that the majority of the community will move to MvC3 or will it be like Brawl where it's pretty split?

noodles

Smash Champion
i think its too early to tell. justin is complaining about how easy everything is, but it might be since money wont be automatic lol

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i've been wondering something
they obv made it easier to attract more newbies

but are people complaining about ease because marvel 2 was so ridiculous?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Which was made considerably less difficult (which was a good thing in sc's case)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
but was it made easier for sales or jus to balance out the game for ppl who played it?
In SC's case, I'd argue that it was for the players/balance sake. The SC playerbase was pretty big, and they just needed a new title to jumpstart them, and then the ease of play would sustain them longer. Plus, PCGamers are a lot more invested in their games and being good at them than the average console gamer.

IMO, MvC's ease was definitely sales. It is too early to tell how well balanced that game is, but early looks show that it's pretty silly. Not saying they took the Brawl route and threw out any sense of balancing the game, but they just made being 'really technical' easier.

The amount of 'average gamers' playing games over XBL and PSN that look for a bit of competition will buy games like MvC3 so they can kick people's butt as Tobey McGuire or something, and the more catered to their 'lower' attention spans the better. #1 Tactic amongst fight game 'players' is "button mash", so making it effective makes it more fun for 'everyone'.

Anyways, thinking of playing some LoL tonight...

-DD

Octave

Smash Ace
So who's getting MvC3 for PS3? I'm still debating getting it today, but if I can play with a bunch of you online it would definitely influence my decision.
I've got it for PS3, Jam's got it for PS3, most of the SWF MvC3 thread has it for PS3 (at least, that's where the bigger list of tags is). I'm new to the game as well, though, and getting used to playing on a stick. Add me: Octavize

I have the cutest dog in all of the EC. Get at me.
Pix pls

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I like how there's a robot competing on Jeopardy and nobody's run on stage to kill it with an axe yet. Come on, people.
Probably because the computer is our friendly competitor at the moment...and attacking it may be the straw that caused the uprising of robot overlords and the enslavement of all of humanity.

Unless we ask them all about the 1920's.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I like how it just ***** the **** out of them for 2 rounds and then final Jeopardy was "What US City etc" and it goes TORONTO HERP DERP
LOL I KNOW.
So good.

Hide in 1920's Toronto. It'll be like the real-life Zion.
-DD

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
can i get a ride to ccsu tomorrow? i won't be to another one until march 25 :(
(midterms coming up then spring break)
i wanna smash with a bunch of CT peeps, make it happen folks! :)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
So I finally opened my copy of the graphic novel Watchmen that I've had for years and read the first few pages. Now it's two days later and it might very well be the greatest thing I have ever read. Mind was blown 100+ times. Now to FINALLY watch the movie and hope they didn't ruin everything

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I read it like a month before the movie was released and I was actually really happy with how they did the film. They changed one or two major plot points for various reasons, but overall it's about the most faithful shot-by-shot recreation of a graphic novel source material I've ever seen.

Top Bottom