• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

otg

Smash Master
The Fall of Troy is the ****, so bummed they broke up but I think I saw there last concert ever when they were at Toads in May.
Honestly all of their work after Doppelganger is pretty subpar, so I'm not too sad about them breaking up. Hopefully the members go onto to do great work now.

The Bed Intruder song was my most listened to song for the past week or so.
This.

S l o X

Smash Champion
i wrote a paragraph and . . . stuff. basically i had an awesome 7th grade teacher and he listened to vampire weekend and he was pro at gh3 and played mtg. he was pretty awesome and didnt afraid of anything. (no seriously, he was in the navy. they dont afraid of anything)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
POF - Isn't the samurai girl... Jin? I can't even remember the characters atm I'm so addled z___z
Yeah, I always forget her name. Shes pretty awesome. I can do one of her combos pretty consistently too. Big reason why I'm using her and Ragna. There combos are so simple. Probably a big reason as to why Ragna is top tier as well. lol. I can do a few of hakumens but they are hard to pull off because one of them is from a grab and his dash is horrible on the ground. I cant do Air dash with him because any fighting game will tell you that being in the air is horrible unless your name is ibuki in SSF4. <3. Add me again (I deleted you because i didnt see you online for a long while) Yourstillwithme (Yes, its spelled wrong...I've had that for years. It was my AIM SN in high school and i use it for lots of things.)

Everyone else: Read this and think about it carefully. I've given this a lot of thought lately and I've been trying to figure out a way to word why Smash simply is not a competitive game or should be looked at in such a way.

No offense to Melee but combo ability or punishing is a big reason as to why I can't look at it under the same light as I used to. Smash is all about being able to react to things over and over and over again consistently. That's cool and all and has its place but in most games you have a guaranteed punish such as a giant combo (blaz Blue, GG, melty blood,) a tag team combo (MVC series) or a ultra/super. (SF4, SSF4) Think about why people think MK II is a joke. Mileena has stupid bust offense and you can't do anything about it unless maybe your Jax. But then why is UMKIII competitive? Because there are punishers/combos and guaranteed ways to punish mistakes hard. Smash doesn't have "combos." Why? Because all smashes "combos" revolve around is reading techs. That's it. A combo is a series of attacks that can NOT be broken out of. When I hear people talk about or make combo videos I just hang my head and sigh. Even a chain grab done by Marth by spacies that leads to a dair or f smash is not a combo. It can be escaped from. Smash is just constantly reacting. It takes skill and its a difficult thing to do....but its not a fighter in my eyes. In the grand scheme of things what is the big difference between that and Brawl? You can do cooler things from tech chases? You can't hit them in the air consistently? Fighting games and basically any form of competitive ANYTHING will tell you for years that the defensive players win. period. V-13 in Blaz Blue, Sagat akuma ryu in SF4, E honda and Guile in SSF4, Jin in Tekken 4, Sentinel and Magneto in MVC2, Chess, (The people who set up their defense and react to their opposition...win more frequently) Checkers, Tic Tac Toe, Connect 4, Football (The New England patriots ****ing defense.) ****ing ANYTHING strategic.

and then we have smash

MK-Brawl Giant reason as to why people dont play it. He breaks the offensive barriers of this game and makes it dumb. Hes miles above the rest of the cast and everyone knows this to date.
Fox-Melee
Pikachu-Smash 64 How stupid are Pikachu's combo setups? How impossible is it to escape anyone of his attacks with stupid bust priority? The creators of Smash 64 even tell you that it was made to be a joke. If thats not a convincing factor...I don't know what is.

Smash is a FUN game that I can't possibly understand anymore why people would look at it under the competitive light.

Why was m2k good for so long? He did his stupid **** and no one could get out of it.

Why is MaNg0 the best? He does stupid off stage **** and no one can do anything about it.

Also think about the fact that M2K WAS the best but now since he is playing BRAWL he is not. Why? Maybe because its a SLOWER game and he can't REACT as fast anymore? (That and losing to mango at pound 3 destroyed all his mentality of ever dominating ever again....)

S l o X

Smash Champion
maybe one day you'll be able to show your students pictures of you . . . ON A BOAT.

and spend the entire class telling them stories of your navy days.

MAYBE.

loljk, mtg is cool too.

waiting for win7 to finish torrenting so i'm gonna read garretts post. hopefully i learn something from it.

(yo seriously tho street fighter is as boring as virtua fighter and tekken)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
(yo seriously tho street fighter is as boring as virtua fighter and tekken)
Virtua fighter is IMO one of the dumbest fighters ever. I never in my life even remotely cared about that game. Even as a kid, i thought it was garbage.

Certain aspects of it are stupid boring....definitely. But Ibuki is really a strong reason as to why I play Super. Shes incredibly fun and her potential is up the gazoo. Definitely one of the most technical as well along with Gen and Viper. I can't play Viper for the life of me but I dont think theres a point to me learning her....shes pretty bad. For the amount of work id have to put in...its not worth it. I think ibuki has the most potential in the entire game.

Here, watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sef3fy1LF5M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjzPxb2o0Ww&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fnA2I1yeKQ&feature=related

And my sig too.

The game really is down back fighter iv but even the top tiers have their bad match ups. It's arguably one of the most balanced Sf's ever made IMO.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Oh bro if you become a teacher and you host a tournament (free entry) I'm in there. I'll give lessons and since I'll be a fiyaman I'll be able to give life lessons / words of wisdom to your little boys and girls. (i'm sayin' anything)

Except I'll make you look old as #### because I'm like 10.

@POF
I definitely read the last sentence and saw Fox - Melee and was like "lolwat? when was the last time that character actually won a national in AMERICA JAPAN EUROPE LOLWAT?"

and then I realized . . . melee *****.
*reads it all the way*
*deletes long post because i want to keep the <3 but basically if you don't enjoy a game, don't play it. don't try to bring down a community. honestly, saying smash shouldn't be competitive is dumb. anything can be competitive, anything. eating doesn't have combos but homie . . . hide your kids, hide your wife because they have eating competitions. in the words of dj nintendo "LOOK AT THOSE LUGZ"

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Garrett, watch this set. It features the best Ragna in Japan:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Yc3fl44d3c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Yc3fl44d3c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I always forget her name. Shes pretty awesome.

No offense to Melee but combo ability or punishing is a big reason as to why I can't look at it under the same light as I used to. Smash is all about being able to react to things over and over and over again consistently. That's cool and all and has its place but in most games you have a guaranteed punish such as a giant combo (blaz Blue, GG, melty blood,) a tag team combo (MVC series) or a ultra/super. (SF4, SSF4) Think about why people think MK II is a joke. Mileena has stupid bust offense and you can't do anything about it unless maybe your Jax. But then why is UMKIII competitive? Because there are punishers/combos and guaranteed ways to punish mistakes hard. Smash doesn't have "combos." Why? Because all smashes "combos" revolve around is reading techs. That's it. A combo is a series of attacks that can NOT be broken out of. When I hear people talk about or make combo videos I just hang my head and sigh. Even a chain grab done by Marth by spacies that leads to a dair or f smash is not a combo. It can be escaped from. Smash is just constantly reacting. It takes skill and its a difficult thing to do....but its not a fighter in my eyes. In the grand scheme of things what is the big difference between that and Brawl? You can do cooler things from tech chases? You can't hit them in the air consistently? Fighting games and basically any form of competitive ANYTHING will tell you for years that the defensive players win. period. V-13 in Blaz Blue, Sagat akuma ryu in SF4, E honda and Guile in SSF4, Jin in Tekken 4, Sentinel and Magneto in MVC2, Chess, (The people who set up their defense and react to their opposition...win more frequently) Checkers, Tic Tac Toe, Connect 4, Football (The New England patriots ****ing defense.) ****ing ANYTHING strategic.
First off, Jin is a guy :laugh:. Jin is also
Hakuman

I know many people don't share this opinion with me, but I enjoy BB:CT (Too cheap to pick-up CS, and noel being nerfed puts me in no hurry to purchase it) more than the other fighters currently out there (MvC2, TvC, SSF4). I enjoyed how technical her combos, and loops were. The combos in BB are pretty open to creativity, ignoring proration, and you're able to do a lot of things you want. Bursts, RC, CA, DDs, all require strategy to use, and execution of each of those (minus CA, only Taokaka and Noel really made use of it) decided the scrubs online, from the pros.

But, as much as I loved playing it, it became stale to me. Arakune cursing on block was annoying to deal with (I know that's fixed in CS). I hated playing Jin, because you're mashing out of the ice for the 239482309x time. Rachel is the only one of the Big 4 I enjoyed playing against, the wind dynamic is so unique. And V-13 is really gay, but I found that most v13 mains are easy to condition, until you get to the middle of the night (3am). It's fast paced, and I enjoyed it while it lasted (got hit with the 360 mod ban). It boils down to memorization though. There's nothing that really stands out to you after you've played it for five months, as you've seen it all.

I'll get in to more depth on this later, but I've enjoyed Melee because it didn't stagnate. It's always been changing.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Garrett, watch this set. It features the best Ragna in Japan:

Amazing video of ragna that made cream myself
So, want to play BB right now? That just hyped me.

I'll get in to more depth on this later, but I've enjoyed Melee because it didn't stagnate. It's always been changing.
A VERY solid point BUT every fighter is changing. As long as a game is continuously played...it grows. A big example would be Ness dropping like 4-5 spots in Smash 64 when he was top tier. Is this game really as big as it used to be? No...but...people still play it.

Any game that is still played will change.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
First off, Jin is a guy :laugh:. Jin is also
Hakuman

I know many people don't share this opinion with me, but I enjoy BB:CT (Too cheap to pick-up CS, and noel being nerfed puts me in no hurry to purchase it) more than the other fighters currently out there (MvC2, TvC, SSF4). I enjoyed how technical her combos, and loops were. The combos in BB are pretty open to creativity, ignoring proration, and you're able to do a lot of things you want. Bursts, RC, CA, DDs, all require strategy to use, and execution of each of those (minus CA, only Taokaka and Noel really made use of it) decided the scrubs online, from the pros.

But, as much as I loved playing it, it became stale to me. Arakune cursing on block was annoying to deal with (I know that's fixed in CS). I hated playing Jin, because you're mashing out of the ice for the 239482309x time. Rachel is the only one of the Big 4 I enjoyed playing against, the wind dynamic is so unique. And V-13 is really gay, but I found that most v13 mains are easy to condition, until you get to the middle of the night (3am). It's fast paced, and I enjoyed it while it lasted (got hit with the 360 mod ban). It boils down to memorization though. There's nothing that really stands out to you after you've played it for five months, as you've seen it all.

I know EXACTLY how you feel, this describes my feelings towards CT perfectly. CS does a better job alleviating the boredom in my eyes, the combos have really opened up for my main (Litchi), you can do literally anything with her, so that makes it alot more fun. Give CS a try, you might be pleasantly surprised.

S l o X

Smash Champion
?

oh i've taken some interest in watching brawl but i don't think i can play it. watching the matches of top players is fun, sort of like watching SSF4 matches but I just don't find the games fun and can't play them. maybe when i become a big kid? On the other hand, I can play Melty Blood but can't watch matches. I watch and don't realize anything because I don't know #### about the game, it's **** though, even when your playing with a keyboard.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Agree'd. There's only one game that comes to mind that has died.

SF3:3S

Everything has been figured out. It's metagame has been stagnated for a couple years. The hype died. It wasn't at Evo this year for that reason.

Anywho.

There's so many dynamics in Melee, it's really really rare to have two matches play out similarly. There's match-ups like Marth vs Spacies, that have a degree of memorization to them (CG: Timing, Reading DI, when you have to utilt, timing, percents). But there isn't that many "gimmie" combos, because of DI, stale moves, reads. It's more combo oriented than Brawl (not even gonna touch brawl with a ten foot pole), but it's definitely not on the same level as GG/BB/Any traditional Fighter. I feel more rewarded when I make a successful read on DI, or a tech chase, to continue a combo in melee.

In CT with Noel, a successful mix-up landing 6b netted a good 2.5k-3k 6b -> 6C -> 2C -> 3C -> 22b -> 22C -> 6C 22C loop -> BnB. It's awesome the first time you do a long *** combo in BB, but eventually it lost it's appeal. Predict -> IB -> ****. Or conditioning your opponent's pressure, then letting loose with a CA. RC allowed for "some" creativity in combos. They're all really good mechanics, it just got old when you're really high leveled, and it was always one of the Big 4, over and over. Arakune and V-13 made CA worthless, but made IB a godsend for getting free heat.

Now I wanna play CS lol and see just how bad Noel really is.

But I already know. I'm just gonna deny it until I see it firsthand.

Which platform do you guys play on? I hope ps3.

EDIT

Is proration more forgiving this time around? Or do you get ***** even harder for trying to be creative?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I play ps3. Add me when you get it and we'll play. Yourstillwithme

I used to have my doubts about Blaz Blue but in giving Guilty Gear and Blaz Blue more of an in depth look im beginning to respect it more. My only beef is that the defensive options once caught in a combo are literally nothing. The amount of "chess matches" or neu points in the match are nearly non existent. It's a constant "fight for that combo" engine. If you mess up a combo....you're screwed. Typical high level play though, dont mess up.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Everyone else: Read this and think about it carefully. I've given this a lot of thought lately and I've been trying to figure out a way to word why Smash simply is not a competitive game or should be looked at in such a way.

and then we have smash

MK-Brawl Giant reason as to why people dont play it. He breaks the offensive barriers of this game and makes it dumb. Hes miles above the rest of the cast and everyone knows this to date.
Fox-Melee
Pikachu-Smash 64 How stupid are Pikachu's combo setups? How impossible is it to escape anyone of his attacks with stupid bust priority? The creators of Smash 64 even tell you that it was made to be a joke. If thats not a convincing factor...I don't know what is.

Smash is a FUN game that I can't possibly understand anymore why people would look at it under the competitive light.

Why was m2k good for so long? He did his stupid **** and no one could get out of it.

Why is MaNg0 the best? He does stupid off stage **** and no one can do anything about it.

Also think about the fact that M2K WAS the best but now since he is playing BRAWL he is not. Why? Maybe because its a SLOWER game and he can't REACT as fast anymore? (That and losing to mango at pound 3 destroyed all his mentality of ever dominating ever again....)
I thought you left?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yeah, I always forget her name. Shes pretty awesome. I can do one of her combos pretty consistently too. Big reason why I'm using her and Ragna. There combos are so simple. Probably a big reason as to why Ragna is top tier as well. lol. I can do a few of hakumens but they are hard to pull off because one of them is from a grab and his dash is horrible on the ground. I cant do Air dash with him because any fighting game will tell you that being in the air is horrible unless your name is ibuki in SSF4. <3. Add me again (I deleted you because i didnt see you online for a long while) Yourstillwithme (Yes, its spelled wrong...I've had that for years. It was my AIM SN in high school and i use it for lots of things.)

and then we have smash

Fox-Melee
So, you definitely just explained how Smash isn't competitive because it lacks guaranteed combos then went on to explain how M2K was the best for so long because he "did his stupid **** and nobody could get out of it."

Basically, I don't think there's a single sentence in this post that I don't disagree with, so I'm just going to respond to everything that I think is especially egregious.

Smash doesn't have "combos." Why? Because all smashes "combos" revolve around is reading techs. That's it.
I don't want to downplay the importance of tech chasing, because it's a huge part of the game, but this is just completely wrong. I don't know how else to say it.

Smash is just constantly reacting. It takes skill and its a difficult thing to do....but its not a fighter in my eyes.
Again, having fast and solid reactions is important, but this is just wrong. Just like in any other fighting game, good players force you to guess.

Fighting games and basically any form of competitive ANYTHING will tell you for years that the defensive players win. period.
Depends on the game, but I think it would be more accurate to say that patient players win.

Magneto in MVC2
I don't even know where to begin explaining what's wrong with this.

I'll leave this one to somebody who knows Brawl better, but suffice to say that it's not by miles.

Fox-Melee
Hasn't won a major tournament in years.

Basically, you started off seeming like you were actually going somewhere, even if some of your ideas were a bit misguided, but then you just started rambling about unrelated ****. I still don't know exactly what you're trying to say or why. I understand that you don't like Smash anymore and that's fine, but that doesn't mean it's a bad game, nor does it mean that you should try to rationalize it as such.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
A VERY solid point BUT every fighter is changing. As long as a game is continuously played...it grows. A big example would be Ness dropping like 4-5 spots in Smash 64 when he was top tier. Is this game really as big as it used to be? No...but...people still play it.

Its not so much that a game CAN change, but how much it changes. Smash is just a rare gem that seems to be entirely changed based on a new discovery. With SF and most competitive fighters, the devs walk out and hand all the info out on a silver platter for players to just begin to master.

You don't get new discoveries on the same scale or magnitude, which is why it stales.

As for Brawl-MK thing...
uhh...well, MK is good. He isn't miles above the cast. He's better than most characters in Brawl like Fox is in Melee. He has more options, and is a safe character in a lot of situations. But MKs can be beaten, and they can be destroyed. You[Garrett] are just taking it to extremes to prove a misguided point.

Also, Magneto is probably the most defensive character in all of MvC2. Since Defense is making your opponent's offense useless, Magneto does that by constantly attacking and overpowering/outspeeding the opponent.
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Agree'd. There's only one game that comes to mind that has died.

SF3:3S

Everything has been figured out. It's metagame has been stagnated for a couple years. The hype died. It wasn't at Evo this year for that reason.

Anywho.
It's dead in the US. That doesn't mean it's dead period.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I freaking love that cd, just gave it a recent listen in my car the other day. I need more bands to listen to in that genre, any suggestions? I'm not sure if you're familiar with Cinemechanica or Tera Melos, but they are both beast.
As I'm sure you would agree, there's no band quite like TFOT and it would be impossible to put them into one genre, but I can maybe give a suggestion or two. Tera Melos are pretty cool, never heard of Cinemechanica. You could try Chiodos or The Sound of Animals Fighting (they have a lot of random **** but some of it is similar to TFOT and awesome). Possibilities - Circa Survive, At The Drive-In, Alexisonfire, Sky Eat Airplane. I'd suggest going to Pandora or Last.fm or somewhere and see what comes up when you put in TFOT.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
time for pof to ignore everything that decimates his posts!

it's like talking to a child.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I definitely read the last sentence and saw Fox - Melee and was like "lolwat? when was the last time that character actually won a national in AMERICA JAPAN EUROPE LOLWAT?"
You cant just use tournaments to justify a tier list/quality of characters. There are multiple things to consider. I'll just say this to shorten my point up. If Fox and Falco are not top tier why are they the most used characters in Melee?

So, you definitely just explained how Smash isn't competitive because it lacks guaranteed combos then went on to explain how M2K was the best for so long because he "did his stupid **** and nobody could get out of it."

Because I said that M2K could REACT. I meant his stupid **** meaning his edge guarding and his auto to death spacie crap on FD. No one ever beats m2k as spacies on FD....like....ever. Everyone lost to him because no one knew how to get around his "tricks" Combos do not exist in Melee.

having fast and solid reactions is important, but this is just wrong. Just like in any other fighting game, good players force you to guess.

The entire game is based around guesses and tech chases or putting you in bad positions to make bad guesses. The execution in that game....is executing guesses or following/reacting to those guesses. You said "good players force you to guess" So thats like saying a good player Vs not so good or as good player? That's not high level play then.. Lets just say M2K vs Armada? So then its two good players forcing guesses against each player?

Quick examples-Marth Vs Sheik- Marth gets d thrown right near ledge. cant di away or he dies to fair and if i DI IN I eat an u air and now am above sheik. Fox vs sheik-u throw to aerials. I just have to guess where you're going to land/tech to/your next move and i just have to keep throwing you up over and over until you die. What does Sheik do? Throw needles at Firefox, jump down, fair, upB. Each character just uses their little tricks to win.

Depends on the game, but I think it would be more accurate to say that patient players win.

Sports announcers have said for years that "defense wins championships"

Another match up example in smash- Fox VS Marth-General rule of thumb in this match up is whoever makes the first move will get *****. In any neu position where both players are spacing for position the person who makes the move to commit will get messed up. Either that or the opponent made a horrible mistake in positioning.

I'll leave this one to somebody who knows Brawl better, but suffice to say that it's not by miles.

Every single person who plays Brawl or has even touched Brawl competitively will tell you MK is the best character. Do you doubt this? MK has no bad stages, match ups, cant be counter picked. Snake (2nd best) loses to DDD, Falco, struggles w pikachu, close to even w olimar, and some Marths think Snake is even too. (I thought it was even when I played and so does Pierce7D) The rest of the cast can counter pick. He also has six jumps, a glide and can get back to the stage using any B move. Anyway, getting off topic here...

Hasn't won a major tournament in years.

(Look under Slox's response) So jigglypuff is the best character? Why isnt jigglypuff used more than fox and falco now? America tier whores and I dont see the Jiggglypuff bandwagoners.... arguing tiers always goes nowhere.

Basically, you started off seeming like you were actually going somewhere, even if some of your ideas were a bit misguided, but then you just started rambling about unrelated ****. I still don't know exactly what you're trying to say or why.

I'm just trying to find a reasonable/rational way to word why I dont think Melee could be competitive. I had fun and everything etc etc but when I started playing SF and other fighting games I realized smashes depth IS interesting but it is nothing more than a highly entertaining game with gimmicks and tricks. To top it off a fighting game where jumping is beneficial is kind of funny.

SleepyK

so, basically, the game doesn't conform to your standards.
are you done?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Combos most definitely do exist in Smash. Maybe we don't have mindless repeatable bnbs, but if you think Smash doesn't have combos, you're wrong and that's all there is to it.

I don't know why I'm even arguing this with you, because frankly it's completely beside the point. Fighting games aren't about combos anyway.

"The entire game is based around guesses and tech chases or putting you in bad positions to make bad guesses. The execution in that game....is executing guesses or following/reacting to those guesses."
Did you just string together a bunch of words that you thought sounded smart? This makes no ****ing sense.

"You said "good players force you to guess" So thats like saying a good player Vs not so good or as good player? That's not high level play then.. Lets just say M2K vs Armada? So then its two good players forcing guesses against each player?"
You're missing the point. Good players put you in situations where you are forced to guess, therefore the game isn't pure reaction.

"Quick examples-Marth Vs Sheik- Marth gets d thrown right near ledge. cant di away or he dies to fair and if i DI IN I eat an u air and now am above sheik. Fox vs sheik-u throw to aerials. I just have to guess where you're going to land/tech to/your next move and i just have to keep throwing you up over and over until you die. What does Sheik do? Throw needles at Firefox, jump down, fair, upB. Each character just uses their little tricks to win."
No matter how many times and how many different ways you say "Fox is uthrow uair," it's going to keep being ******** and wrong.

Speaking of which, wouldn't uthrow aerial be one of those combos you were talking about that Smash doesn't have? Huh.

"Every single person who plays Brawl or has even touched Brawl competitively will tell you MK is the best character. Do you doubt this?"
No. I didn't say that, or anything close to that. He's the best character, just not by miles.

"(Look under Slox's response) So jigglypuff is the best character?"
I definitely never said that.

"it is nothing more than a highly entertaining game with gimmicks and tricks."
You have no idea what you're talking about.

"To top it off a fighting game where jumping is beneficial is kind of funny."
KOF, Marvel, Third Strike, Melty Blood, off the top of my head.

Basically what I've been able to piece together is that you don't think Smash should be competitive because it doesn't fit the mold formed by conventional 2D fighters, which is dumb.

Garrett, I'm glad you found a new game to be bad at, but that doesn't mean you need to try to ruin Smash for everybody else. Please just stop posting this nonsense.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm just trying to find a reasonable/rational way to word why I dont think Melee could be competitive.
Who gives a flying **** about what you think could and could not be something, especially when you're not even, and choose not to be, a part of it?

Fact of the matter is that it IS competitive, it has been competitive, and it will remain competitive for some time to come.

Your arguments about tiers and what wins tournaments? Why does that matter what TIER they are? The only thing that matters at the end of the day is who won. It was the PLAYER who won the match, not the character.

Smash is like a high-speed game of chess^10.

There are a multitude of moves you can make at basically any point in the match, and the specific timings and slightest little changes in DI can make a world of difference.

When you scribble down your examples, Garrett, you only consider one of the thousands of options the player has at that moment in time. Which is thinking like you're playing SF or something, where you DON'T have control over your character's fate after they get inside your guard, and start pummeling away while you can get up and make a sandwich, and the opponent would literally not know the difference until he breaks the combo.

tl;dr:
Basically what I've been able to piece together is that you don't think Smash should be competitive because it doesn't fit the mold formed by conventional 2D fighters, which is dumb.

Garrett, I'm glad you found a new game to be bad at, but that doesn't mean you need to try to ruin Smash for everybody else. Please just stop posting this nonsense.

-DD

SleepyK

Dazby claims another group of victims.

I suppose it's time for pof to insult us for not conforming to his viewpoints.
Then complain about the community and how we're not SRK.

Top Bottom