• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
It's my birthday! Everybody wish me a happy birthday!
Too bad I'm dead :(
:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10655991

Tourney July 18th Sunday gogogo.

Don't be turned off by Melee running last. I'm trying to get it to run the same time as brawl. Bring Setups and TVs
*points up thumb for hitch hiking*

Also, sounds good. I'll just be flipping through the Guitars for Dummies book because everything there is pretty well detailed. XD

-DD

otg

Smash Master
DD chords are easy. just learn D A am G C E and you can play like 8 billion songs.
This is so true it saddens me.

learn 10 power chords
join a pop punk band
good for life
This is even worse, yet once again so true.

You should learn some of the basic Maj7 and min7 chords. The fingers are very similar to powerchords, and they will make your playing way more interesting and dynamic.

I'm going to be doing an open mic night next week and I'm trying to bang the bartender who's into Dave matthews band. Any suggestions? I was thinking #41

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I was actually gonna suggest #41, it's sorta perfect in that it's obscure enough that you have to have some knowledge of DMB to know it (unlike say Ant's Marching or Crash or something), and it's sexy as hell...

no homo, lol.

so yea, if you can pull it off, you'll definitely get a piece of that with that one.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Don't forget to take pictures and share it with the internet.
-DD

otg

Smash Master
I was actually gonna suggest #41, it's sorta perfect in that it's obscure enough that you have to have some knowledge of DMB to know it (unlike say Ant's Marching or Crash or something), and it's sexy as hell...

no homo, lol.

so yea, if you can pull it off, you'll definitely get a piece of that with that one.
Wait a minute, have you never seen my Dave Matthew impersonation? ****, the next time we chill I'm giving you a personal concert. Then we're going to go out to the bar and complain about our wifey problems.

/strong homo.

Octave

Smash Ace
I haven't logged into WoW since MLG Columbus. Before that it was all I would do. I'd say my life has improved since Columbus, I work out regularly practice Brawl on Wifi on a smash skype chat which is a lot of fun. I got some RPG's that I had been meaning to play on my 360.

It has really been a nice change of pace.
I noticed that when I stopped playing about the same time things have been going better. WoW is still fun, though.

Whats everyone's gearscores? 5.4k Resto/Enhancement Shaman here iirc (Greymane realm with friends from school)

Edit: Long time no see. Sup guys?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay!
So just to triple check and make sure I don't forget who I'm expecting at the con for volunteer work...
Myself, Spawn, Stephen, Sean, Manny, Noodles, MDZ[lol?], Gustav, Larx and Octave?

Anyone that I forgot?
-DD

Octave

Smash Ace
I think that I should be good for the volunteer thing. I just have to ask: Would someone be willing to drive me back to Middletown on Friday morning so I can grab my check from work and cash it so I can have more money for the con? I'll pay for the gas.

Octave

Smash Ace
I taught myself guitar. It's not that difficult. Imo just pick a few songs and get tabs for them. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day is the easiest song ever. It's got 7 chords all in the same area of the neck.

I got an acoustic electric for graduation and learned this song on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZTE4jIxERU . The only problem is that its in c# standard and its like.. the only song tuned down that low (besides Panic Attack by Dream Theater which is like A standard >>; )

ZoSo

Smash Champion
he needs to learn basic chords before maj/min/dim etc etc.

also take it from me, learning bar chords before open ones when you first start out is a bad idea.
Strumming all open strings = Em11. =D

The only problem is that its in c# standard and its like.. the only song tuned down that low (besides Panic Attack by Dream Theater which is like A standard >>; )
Meshuggah regularly plays 8-string guitars tuned with a low F.

Octave

Smash Ace
well, my middletown friend, i have no idea how we've never run into each other by sheer chance either in RL or online. i raided on greymane for 3 years. crazy coincidence.
Oh ****? I'm a WoW noob, though. Started in WotLK.

Edit: I'm dumb, I thought you were HAB for some reason :x

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Does anyone else only fingerpick with their thumb and middle and index finger?
I do sometimes, but I include the ring finger more frequently.

Wes Montgomery played with ONLY his thumb. As long as you can play the stuff you want to play and you aren't damaging your tendons and stuff, anything goes really.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Should I get Borderlands (PC) at this point? I feel like I might be too late to the party, but it's on sale for $10 on Steam until tomorrow. If so, which DLCs should I get since they're on sale too?

I enjoyed Diablo and Monster Hunter, so I'm assuming I'd like this game, just not sure if I should get it since MH3 has sucked away over 200 hours just in the last couple of months. Not sure I want to start up something similar, hah.

Octave

Smash Ace
Should I get Borderlands (PC) at this point? I feel like I might be too late to the party, but it's on sale for $10 on Steam until tomorrow. If so, which DLCs should I get since they're on sale too?

I enjoyed Diablo and Monster Hunter, so I'm assuming I'd like this game, just not sure if I should get it since MH3 has sucked away over 200 hours just in the last couple of months. Not sure I want to start up something similar, hah.
I'd play Borderlands PC with you if you get it. I heard Moxxi and Ned are a waste of money but I have Knoxx and it's definitely worth getting, especially if its on sale.

@guitar discussion - I never finger pick.. I'm a really mediocre guitarist though and don't really spend too much time practicing. :L

otg

Smash Master
I can only fingerpick with my thumb and pointer (index?) finger. I've tried incorporating the others, but it's not something I practice much at all and what I do works for me and is comfortable. I think that's really all it comes down to.

Top Bottom