• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Octave

Smash Ace
Naw, I completely forgot I had money in my savings account so I can just transfer money from there into checking and then put my paycheck into savings. The problem was I needed a way to get from the convention to work + the bank and back to the convention on friday but this eliminates it. :L

S l o X

Smash Champion
raaaape. now we can add one more too our wolf pack
I was thinking this :D

plus he's jamaican so now we have three shades of skin. All we need is a SleepyK and we're set.

i don't know when your graduating buttttttt by my senior year, i'll be pretty g00t at this game.

also everyone

GO TO NO JOHNS

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The video has amazing tech skill, but as a presentation it is lacking in flow.

Still ****ing amazing though.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I thought it was pretty bad.
dave would've just CC grabbed them and comboed out of uthrow. *yawn*

seriously though, there was some ridiculous **** in there. they looked mad gay doing the same **** at the same time though :p. i mean, i guess it was impressive, but ****, couldn't they pause and be like, "no homo" after doing it.

Roman.

Smash Champion
i kinda disagree with you there

the main parts that impressed me was when they were both doing the same **** perfectly

it's not that hard to record yourself until you do w/e without messing up but 2 ppl at the same time? that's pretty good

most of the **** they did is the same **** they always do and a lot of the fillers were mediocre

honestly, if they spent more time and effort in making these instead of just spending 1 night, it'd definitely be much more diverse and impressive

still entertaining as **** though

Octave

Smash Ace
They made that in one night? It's **** impressive in itself that they could do the synced stuff but the fact that they made the video in one night makes it even better.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Finally back from Cali, are the last dozen pages worth reading?

Also, did anyone else see how much Air Bender got DESTROYED by the critics and people who saw it? Sounds like a contender for worst movie of the year already lol

Octave

Smash Ace
Finally back from Cali, are the last dozen pages worth reading?

Also, did anyone else see how much Air Bender got DESTROYED by the critics and people who saw it? Sounds like a contender for worst movie of the year already lol
Oh god it was awful. ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. You watched the cartoon, I assume?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I saw it through your Facebook post, Seb..
Oh god it was awful. ABSOLUTELY AWFUL. You watched the cartoon, I assume?
ROFL nope I never saw the cartoon, but Roger Ebert's brilliant review on it is enough to keep anyone away. Here's just the first PARAGRAPH

""The Last Airbender" is an agonizing experience in every category I can think of and others still waiting to be invented. The laws of chance suggest that something should have gone right. Not here. It puts a nail in the coffin of low-rent 3D, but it will need a lot more coffins than that." -Roger Ebert

he's so god **** good at what he does

Octave

Smash Ace
He got it exactly right. Me and my friends had a 4~5 hour discussion about how bad it was and decided to have a marathon of the cartoon to wash away the filth that the movie spewed.

For example, an Earthbender can take rocks around him and bend them to whatever shape he wants. He is limited to the earth, though, which for some reason (even in the cartoon) excludes metal except for those earthbenders who are strong enough. So in the cartoon, the fire nation imprisons earthbenders on a metal ship so that they can't earthbend and escape. M. Night Shyalaman, however, imprisons the earthbenders in A STONE QUARRY and somehow it has the same effect as a metal ship. I almost walked out at this point.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
link please that quote was hilarious
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100630/REVIEWS/100639999

Always read Ebert's reviews, this man is the greatest film critic that ever lived. He always finds the perfect words to either destroy or praise a film, and always dissects it flawlessly.

To avoid spoilers, I usually just look at his star rating or read the first paragraph if it's a great movie or a movie I really want to see, and then I'll come back after I see it and read the rest of it. Not with bad movies tho, I read the whole thing right there to see exactly why I shouldn't waste my time with movies like that. Shyamalan has now made 4 bad films in a row, I hope he dies so he can't do more harm than he already has.

S l o X

Smash Champion
How much you think GameStop will take a working / used Nintendo DS + Pokemon Heart Gold for?

NERDRAGE!!!!11

Who's going to No Johns this weekend?
If I go, Swift is taking me. Spawn is trying to go. I don't know about anyone else from CT.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Sounds good, Slox. We should play!

Toy Story 3 was one of the best movies I've ever seen.

MEGA AWESOME high five to anybody who caught the Miyazaki shout-out!

MentokJebus

Smash Journeyman
How much you think GameStop will take a working / used Nintendo DS + Pokemon Heart Gold for?

If I go, Swift is taking me. Spawn is trying to go. I don't know about anyone else from CT.
ds fat? if in good condition, you can probably get $20-$30 for it

I know pkmn heartgold and soulsilver get trade in values of about $17 about 2 weeks ago

but you have to buy stuff from gamestop while you trade in

if you want cash they take off 20%

yeah its a ripoff

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> If you can't make it to CTCon, I have a feeling its going to be okay...they changed up some things.

Time to damage control like a mother****er.

Also, if you were planning on me getting you a pass, have $60 to spend just in case they made that impossible too.
-DD

Top Bottom