• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Garrett, how can you talk about landmark shooters and not mention Half-Life?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I never really played half life. I don't know much about it.

While I'm on the subject tho, greatest games to take games to a new level:

Metal gear: solid (ps1)
Mortal kombat II
Gta III
Goldeneye and pd on 64
Super mario 64
Cod mw
Final fantasy 6 and 7
Smash brothers melee.
Street fighter ii
Legend of zelda (nes)

Id comment on half life but I realy don't know much about it. Don't play much shooters outside of the classics.

Hey cort-stop being rude for no reason, thanks.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Honestly, I just see Perfect Dark as one of those games that somehow got pegged as a "classic," but anybody who didn't play it as a kid probably won't like it.

Anyway, I highly recommend you play Half-Life and Opposing Force. You can skip Blue Shift if you want; it was pretty terrible.

Hey cort-stop being rude for no reason, thanks.
That's like telling Gene Krupa not to go BOOM BOOM BOP BAM BOOM BOP BAM!

So like I said a few weeks ago, people should get on GGPO and play Third Strike with me.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Ggpo? Yeah, I should do that. I like classic games.

I honestly can't play anything new anymore aside from sf pretty much and sports games cause they never change. The ea sports games are still sweet as hell.

The problen w new games is that replay value is just balls. Heavebly sword, fable, god of war iii, arkham asylum, prototype, bioshock, red dead redemption... are all games I've either beaten or want to play but won't because it'll be cool but then in like two weeks or after I beat it I'm sick of it. That's why I love fighters more than ever now. They never get old. Always new things to explore. Like I'm always learning new combos or techniques in sf.

Dave-played ibuki in 3rd strike the other day for fun and she's nowhere near as fun/good. She's like high mid tier I think.....I just love the way all of her moves look.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
So I just watched Spaced with a friend, in one sitting. Mind = blown. 6 hours of non-stop comedy and it was all amazing. What happens to Nick Frost in the paintball episode STILL has me laughing out loud. SO sad now that it's over, only 14 eps but so much happened. Any fan of Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz should watch it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hey, where is the "SmashLabs" on here?
I was supposed to apply, but I couldn't find it LOL.
-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
I have no idea why when I played perfect dark I thought it was one of the most amazing games I've ever played.

I was like a freshman in high school too, so I had pretty low standards.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
lol trademark.

Anyone want to play melee today/tonight?
I would if you want to come down to EH.

Looks like Hakan is going to be worse than Dan. LOL.

go to event hubs for the clip.

I believe it.

-Does no damage on command throws
-defense is decent/not high
-NEEDS to be oiled up to be semi effective
-No overhead
-No cross up
-lacks solid anti airs
-Ultras dont do a lot of damage
-No combos

He has good normals....thats it. lol

Dan can at least combo into ultra, has projectile, cross up, and anti air options that are viable.

That aside, I like Hakan. LOL. Hes really fun. But he sucks.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i guessed from the 3 ep of the first season that they were all in purgatory.

LOST:
2.5hrs of closure that remained non-conducive to any of the subplots..........kinda want my 2.5hrs back but glad that I saw it end. wasn't expecting anwsers but at least a reference to some stuff. Like what about Michael his son and eccho? Ben was the only thing that kept me interested. I did miss a few chunks of the series like the whole japanese speaking guy and his group and a good amount of when jacob got lots of screen time....perhaps the story wouldve came together more if I had not missed chunks.

purgatory is such a cop-out but rly if i was a writer and i dug myself a hole of that proportion i wouldve copped-out too.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol they were like **** the black characters

i wasn't impressed, but i'm not sure what i expected.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
season 2 3 and 4 couldve been cut with the way that it ended.

lets see if i get this right:
season 1 was like, aite gilligan's island all dai then oh snap theres more ppl? then in s2 I was convinced that the logic behind the plot and the whole ordeal with the island was going to be scientific(with the button and all the dharma stuff being discovered.) then like season 3-4 was like hoooo- **** jacob in this bytch and the smoke monster thingy and Ben with like powers and ****. The whole dharma thingy quickly appeared to be a farce and then the more mystical elements of the show were followed. Then towards the near end, dharma **** came back and there was drilling and going into holes and a more logical/scientific theme/objective occured(then juliet died lol). Then WTF jacob and mystical **** happens again and like locke is merked but not really cuz he comes back like 18 times. then like 5 til the end was kinda random...people dying and coming back......lots of the cast getting NO time.....and a japanese dude....lets not forget desmond magically coming back and being pivotal in the storyline outta nowhere

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Season 1 seemed more inspired by Lord of the Flies than it did Gilligan's Island, lol.

But yeah, I'm hitting any Lost spoilers with spoiler tags, and I hope other people do the same :p

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I don't think I'm going to be in this thread the entire summer again lol.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
does hakan really have NO crossup at all? does that make him the only char without one?

EDIT: whoops dazwa reminded me of the boxing chars.
why does he have no crossup though? that's stupid.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I love you Jam haha.

Alexander: Idk, mad work to do and I outprioritized my time in here for other stuff. The main thing is I don't feel like sifting through conversations I don't care about. I'll be on aim more maybe?

Top Bottom