• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Ugh, I have to read from post#76291 until the most current page. This is also known as the ****ing 1908th page for us 40posts per page people. :(

Can someone really quick tell me if it's worth it/preferably summarize. T_T

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
pof stopped posting for a while, so the thread was actually pretty cool

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll put it on my **** to do once my finals are over list lol.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
SSF IV is the business

Ibuki is going to be a lot of work but she'll be wonderful once i get a grasp of her. If anyone needs a training dummy to do combos on my ibuki is your opponent of choice right now. lol.

T Hawk is amazing and hes going to be joining my Cody and Ibuki. **** Adon.

E Honda is going to be a top 8 character. No Doubts.

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
Who has a PS3 here? Add me: Arcane1129

I won't be able to play for 2 weeks though (still at college and can't get my ps3 online here). I'll be playing killzone, uncharted 2, mw2, and borderlands online, and I'm considering getting SSF4.

Edit: If I get SSF4 I'll be going Juri/Guile. How they looking?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
my straight edge friend hates mc chris. so i trapped him in a car and played wiid on repeat. word.

my ps3 is hazygoose, arcane. i play t6 and killzone 2 pretty often.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Holy **** Brawl- Fox is awesome. Only character in the game with Wavedash/Waveshine, and can cancel Phantasm into anything. Like Grab.
Phantasm is now like, the best move in his moveset.
*drools*
THIS GAME IS SO MUCH FUN.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
The trials are killing me, they're so ****ing hard.
55% done with everyone all together in the game already. lol.

Dudley is the dumbest thing ever. Just played my roommate a few hours ago and heres what happened in a nutshell: I got him in the corner and I did Ultra. LOL.

two ducking HK to ultra. Difficult

EX machine gun upper to ultra. Difficult.

LP shoryuken move to ultra w no FADC. Difficult.

Ibuki is sooooo much work. I still can't get Target combo into ultra. I'm going to unlock all my colors/taunts/do more trials before i focus on her though. I need to learn the new characters. Got a good grasp on Hakan, Juri, Cody, and T Hawk...but still need to learn more.

Don't expect my Ibuki to shine for a bit....err shes tough but the most fun ever. We need to do ibuki dittos jam. lol. They're funny.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
i wish my xbox didn't break :( wahhh at red rings. I might try to have a smashfest friday into Saturday. I can only have limited people over, but cort is a definite! PM/AIM me if you're interested. Spawn/Mogwai? you guys obviously have an auto invite too :p
But fux SSF4 and SSBM. You guys need to get into online poker. It's ridiculously profitable, especially if you get in a hand with idiots like this :D

Full Tilt Poker Game #20418138517: Table Apollo - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:23:41 ET - 2010/04/28
Seat 1: geopaokrhodes ($12.74)
Seat 2: FiVeMaTeO ($37.88)
Seat 3: DriesJes ($26.42)
Seat 4: PC-Chris ($93.02)
Seat 5: Me J Cole ($43.91)
Seat 6: PizzacatLV ($22.91)
Seat 7: nshadurin ($8.15)
Seat 8: alvaro677 ($25.65)
Seat 9: HornMe ($36.38)
HornMe posts the small blind of $0.10
geopaokrhodes posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PC-Chris [9h 9s]
FiVeMaTeO raises to $0.75
DriesJes calls $0.75
PC-Chris calls $0.75
Me J Cole folds
PizzacatLV folds
nshadurin folds
alvaro677 folds
HornMe calls $0.65
geopaokrhodes folds

*** FLOP *** [Kh 6s 9c]

HornMe checks
FiVeMaTeO checks
DriesJes bets $4
PC-Chris calls $4
HornMe raises to $8
FiVeMaTeO folds
DriesJes calls $4
PC-Chris calls $4

*** TURN *** [Kh 6s 9c] [8d]

HornMe bets $2
DriesJes calls $2
PC-Chris has 15 seconds left to act
PC-Chris raises to $9.25
HornMe calls $7.25
DriesJes calls $7.25

*** RIVER *** [Kh 6s 9c 8d] [3c]

HornMe checks
DriesJes checks
PC-Chris bets $21.75
HornMe calls $18.38, and is all in
DriesJes calls $8.42, and is all in
Uncalled bet of $3.37 returned to PC-Chris
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PC-Chris shows [9h 9s] three of a kind, Nines
HornMe mucks
PC-Chris wins the side pot ($19.92) with three of a kind, Nines
DriesJes mucks
PC-Chris wins the main pot ($77.26) with three of a kind, Nines
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $100.18 Main pot $80.26. Side pot $19.92. | Rake $3
Board: [Kh 6s 9c 8d 3c]

Seat 3: DriesJes mucked [Js Kd] - a pair of Kings
Seat 4: PC-Chris showed [9h 9s] and won ($97.18) with three of a kind, Nines
Seat 9: HornMe (small blind) mucked [Kc 5c] - a pair of Kings

Anyone who has a little extra time on their hands when their at a computer should give it a try. Just good solid by the book play will make you a lot of money. This graph just shows all the hands i've put in since THIS Monday (approx 6.5 hours worth of playing, Green line is actual profit +$187)

beats a real job i guess :(

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
(feels like an idiot for asking)...what's that? /SF noob :(

I'll add you when I get my my ps3 online Hazy
Input down, high punch and high kick and he puts on his shades!

EDIT- PoF, I haven't really tried Ibuki yet, so far it's just been Chun and Makoto.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Holy **** Chris. How do I find out where all these idiots are LOL. We'll have to talk about theory poker because I'm pretty decent but I would definitely like to learn from a semi-pro. :D

But yeah, comparing video games with poker, poker makes you ****in' bank because there are a lot of people that like to gamble in large amounts of cash. Videogames, everyone is only betting like $10 or so lol.

Aesir

Smash Master
Holy **** Chris. How do I find out where all these idiots are LOL. We'll have to talk about theory poker because I'm pretty decent but I would definitely like to learn from a semi-pro. :D

But yeah, comparing video games with poker, poker makes you ****in' bank because there are a lot of people that like to gamble in large amounts of cash. Videogames, everyone is only betting like $10 or so lol.
It's the internet. It's really not hard to out smart those people.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wow Chris, that's $28.77/hr. In today's society, with jobs being so limited, that's ****ing fantastic.

When I play poker with my dad and his friends I usually end up making somewhere between $12-18/hr and I only play for a few hours and it's limit with playing with nickels/dimes/quarters.

If you can play with idiots, there is serious money. I wish I was a poker pro and could make millions lol.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
55% done with everyone all together in the game already. lol.

Dudley is the dumbest thing ever. Just played my roommate a few hours ago and heres what happened in a nutshell: I got him in the corner and I did Ultra. LOL.

Ibuki is sooooo much work. I still can't get Target combo into ultra. I'm going to unlock all my colors/taunts/do more trials before i focus on her though. I need to learn the new characters. Got a good grasp on Hakan, Juri, Cody, and T Hawk...but still need to learn more.

Don't expect my Ibuki to shine for a bit....err shes tough but the most fun ever. We need to do ibuki dittos jam. lol. They're funny.
I originally wanted to main Dudley, but he seems weird to me. I have more fun with Balrog so he will be my main and maybe I'll learn Dudley on the side.

i wish my xbox didn't break :( wahhh at red rings. I might try to have a smashfest friday into Saturday. I can only have limited people over, but cort is a definite! PM/AIM me if you're interested. Spawn/Mogwai? you guys obviously have an auto invite too :p
But fux SSF4 and SSBM. You guys need to get into online poker. It's ridiculously profitable, especially if you get in a hand with idiots like this :D

Full Tilt Poker Game #20418138517: Table Apollo - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:23:41 ET - 2010/04/28
Seat 1: geopaokrhodes ($12.74)
Seat 2: FiVeMaTeO ($37.88)
Seat 3: DriesJes ($26.42)
Seat 4: PC-Chris ($93.02)
Seat 5: Me J Cole ($43.91)
Seat 6: PizzacatLV ($22.91)
Seat 7: nshadurin ($8.15)
Seat 8: alvaro677 ($25.65)
Seat 9: HornMe ($36.38)
HornMe posts the small blind of $0.10
geopaokrhodes posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PC-Chris [9h 9s]
FiVeMaTeO raises to $0.75
DriesJes calls $0.75
PC-Chris calls $0.75
Me J Cole folds
PizzacatLV folds
nshadurin folds
alvaro677 folds
HornMe calls $0.65
geopaokrhodes folds

*** FLOP *** [Kh 6s 9c]

HornMe checks
FiVeMaTeO checks
DriesJes bets $4
PC-Chris calls $4
HornMe raises to $8
FiVeMaTeO folds
DriesJes calls $4
PC-Chris calls $4

*** TURN *** [Kh 6s 9c] [8d]

HornMe bets $2
DriesJes calls $2
PC-Chris raises to $9.25
HornMe calls $7.25
DriesJes calls $7.25

*** RIVER *** [Kh 6s 9c 8d] [3c]

HornMe checks
DriesJes checks
PC-Chris bets $21.75
HornMe calls $18.38, and is all in
DriesJes calls $8.42, and is all in
Uncalled bet of $3.37 returned to PC-Chris
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PC-Chris shows [9h 9s] three of a kind, Nines
HornMe mucks
PC-Chris wins the side pot ($19.92) with three of a kind, Nines
DriesJes mucks
PC-Chris wins the main pot ($77.26) with three of a kind, Nines
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $100.18 Main pot $80.26. Side pot $19.92. | Rake $3
Board: [Kh 6s 9c 8d 3c]

Seat 3: DriesJes mucked [Js Kd] - a pair of Kings
Seat 4: PC-Chris showed [9h 9s] and won ($97.18) with three of a kind, Nines
Seat 9: HornMe (small blind) mucked [Kc 5c] - a pair of Kings

Anyone who has a little extra time on their hands when their at a computer should give it a try. Just good solid by the book play will make you a lot of money. This graph just shows all the hands i've put in since THIS Monday (approx 6.5 hours worth of playing, Green line is actual profit +$187)

beats a real job i guess :(
Been playing online poker for years and made thousands off it ;)

$28.77/hr isn't that good Ryan? In today's society, with jobs being so limited, that's ****ing fantastic.

When I play poker with my dad and his friends I usually end up making somewhere between $12-18/hr and I only play for a few hours and it's limit with playing with nickels/dimes/quarters.

If you can play with idiots, there is serious money. Look at the poker pros, they make millions, is millions okay with you Ryan?
The majority of people you encounter on online poker are straight up idiots, they're unable to fold top pair or a flush draw. It depends on the limit you're on, if you're playing .25/.50 blinds then of course you're going to meet more idiots than if you play on the $1/$2 games or higher. This is the same for tournament entries, the more expensive it is, the better the average player in them tends to be for obvious reasons. Still it's easy to spot out who's good and who isn't. Online poker is VERY different from real life though, making the transition can be tricky.

ALSO can anyone tell me WHY in SSF4 the ****ing trials are SO **** HARD. Not even just the million hit ones, even some of the two or three hit combos I can't get to work. For Balrog I think one of them was L Punch to M Kick and no matter how FAST I mash that button the second move doesn't come out to combo and it's pissing me off. I tried timing it, mashing it, everything except the right way it seems. HEEEEEELP

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Heh, I've finished all but five of Chun's trials. They weren't so bad, I just need to get better with my inputs.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I got up to the 20's before I really had problems, but for whatever reason I just can't do #12.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
$28.77/hr isn't that good Ryan? In today's society, with jobs being so limited, that's ****ing fantastic.

If you can play with idiots, there is serious money. Look at the poker pros, they make millions, is millions okay with you Ryan?
Hey Marc. I edited my post almost immediately when I realized my math error. Calm down.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
prog's ssf4 journal:

day 2.

getting used to stick (pause). doing makoto trials, and right now, i'm having trouble consistently doing HP to Hayate. negative edging it seems to be the only way i'm having any success with it.

also, having issues with doing ultra motions, i seem to only have EX moves come out. this stick will take time.

progducto.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
If anybody remembers Jinx, he basically made a living playing online poker for awhile.

As soon as I can start getting some money together I think I'm gonna give SSFIV a shot.

And as we all know, fighting games are all about performing difficult inputs.

Top Bottom