• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I like how the "decline of fighting games" begins just as soon as Smash 64 is released.

Sounds like johns from Capcom.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
The reason Melee isn't on that image is because it transcends all other fighting games.
-DD

Spife

Smash Master
No I think smash isn't included cause it's not a fighting game.
If it were on, the title of the image would be "some of these things are not like the others"

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
No I think smash isn't included cause it's not a fighting game.
If it were on, the title of the image would be "some of these things are not like the others"
>_> But Brawl and 64 are on there.

OH WAIT.
You mean "One of these things is a good game, unlike the rest".
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
So Tichinde's hacked Melee has the best custom skin I've ever seen. It's Falco wearing Falcon's helmet, mask, and jacket.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
So I played SSF IV last night and here are a couple of things I noticed/thought I should share

(Read on jam, swift, noodles, trade)

T Hawk dittos are the funniest thing in the entire world. I can do them for hours. LOL.

Hawk is pretty fun but hes really not anything special. I feel for his character his command grabs should do more damage. His anti air is solid and his rush in game is not that bad. Hes par. Nothing special...not horrible

Juri is confusing but i think has potential. Her spin wheel kick is pretty safe and i think maybe only ibuki and rog can punish it. Juris anti air standing HP is good, wheel kick, and shes a combination of keep away and a little bit of pressure IMO. Shes incredibly slow but her grabs look sick and shes decently fun.

Cody is god and really is going to be a popular character. Rock throw is great, the knife has REALLY good range (chips too if blocked) and his combos are really great. He also has a good 4-5 anti airs ranging from back mp, crouching HP, standing HP, and QCF HK. He covers cross ups with his back MP (I THINK) his ultras are both very good and have their perks. Cody will be popular.

Dudley is ****ing dumb. I'm not kidding. Hes a mix of E Honda, Rog, Ryu, and Sagat. His Rolling Thunder Ultra is an anti air and will do full animation if timed right. Corkscrew is the preffered ultra and will combo from nearly ****ing any one of his moves. His super is fantastic and hes EXTREMELY fast. Dashes are good, defense is good, EVERYTHING is good. Hes dumb.

Dee Jay is SOLID. his crouching mk puts you into a wakeup situation and his pressure game is what guiles should have been. I haven't played with him much but hes good. Not my kind of character....but hes good.

I LOVED Adon actually because all of his kick moves are cross ups if you space it right. EVERY ONE. He was really fun but his anti air kick move has no priority and its startup is a little slow. His overhead is fantastic (f mp) and he can get in fast if you space nicely. Hes basically a Marth character with less potential. I like him though, definitely going to learn his BS.

Ibuki is A-m-a-z-i-n-g BUT is really high exectuion. Her ultra I is good but only against certain characters...it does more damage but its harder to land unless your opponent is dumb. target into ultra 2 lp mp hp is the way to go everytime and shes complete mix up. If you don't have a good mix up game with her....you'll lose. Shes high risk high reward but she has one of the best punishers in the game with her neck breaker. its insanely fast and goes under projectiles. I don't think I'll hate Ryus as much anymore. yay.

I love makoto actually. You'll love her Swift. Her pressure game is really nice and her command throw is the business. Her anti air options are weird with MK and crouching HK and her movement is SLOW but if you work with it and get used to it....shes awesome. Her overhead command QCB MP is awesome and the EX version i think has armor frames. Ultra I IMO is the way to go but you can combo after Ultra II so maybe people might use that? I think its preference with her.

I'm basically going to be using Adon, Ibuki, Cody, and Makoto out of the new characters. I totally did not think id like adon since I heard he was bad from Justin Wong but I think hes not too bad. His combo ability is pretty bad though.... :(

If you want to ask me stuff about other characters let me know.

Sagat is still ********. his new move is dumb.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
K. Hakan is also really good. His anti air ultra also covers cross ups. Jump at all and you get *****. After any throw you basically oil up. He's trash w out oil. So in a sense keep away when he's oiled up and pressure him when he's not. I. Hated this match up as ibuki. I didn't get into guy much...didn't care for him. I basically think ibuki cody dudley and dee jay and makoto are the best of the new characters.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I played Super last Wednesday, and all I learned is that I have a long way to go before I'm proficient on stick. It's actually not that bad though, I can do more than I thought I would be able to after a week, although I'm terrible with quarter circle motions (charge ftw).

How's it going for you Swift, or have you always been a stick user?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I realy did not fool around w guy that much. I like that he has the command grab ultra or the combo friendly ultra. I think he's solid and pretty god but I'm really not interested in him. All his outfits are cool tho. White is too classy. I only played guy once. I did trials w guy and ibuki and they are both not too crazy difficult.

Ibuki and cody both have limited wake up options so you can't mash shoryuken lol.

From what I've seen it looks like if you guess wrong on guys run mix up you'll either be put on the defensive or punished hard.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I realy did not fool around w guy that much. I like that he has the command grab ultra or the combo friendly ultra. I think he's solid and pretty god but I'm really not interested in him. All his outfits are cool tho. White is too classy. I only played guy once. I did trials w guy and ibuki and they are both not too crazy difficult.

Ibuki and cody both have limited wake up options so you can't mash shoryuken lol.

From what I've seen it looks like if you guess wrong on guys run mix up you'll either be put on the defensive or punished hard.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Sorry about posting...motorola devour johns.

Ill play w anyone online tomorrow. I want to get all taunts colors tonight which should only take 30 mins and do trials to learn chains and ultra set ups. Gotta get that target combo into ultra down too.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3YHJcGAmY
kind of hard to see the screen buuut
This is Anders, he went to college with my brother in San Francisco for game design, and finished top of the class(above my brother lololol)
Anyways.. he made a video game , made his gf play it.. as a proposal to her :D

cutest thing ever!

Anders works on farmville lol >_>

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Yeah i played alot of super on saturday. Makoto's okay... she's just gimmick central tbh. Rog vs Makoto is freeeeeee. I didn't see any good Ibuki's, but she's whatever. Dudley's lookin pretty good though :)

Cody is definitely the new ryu, ppl are jus gonna abuse the **** out of him.

Jam, i think you play chun... chun definitely got better. They gave her a really good anti air. They improved her little backflip kick (you press downfoward diagonal and lightkick) it either AA's or trades... it's real good. If it trades, you can just straight ultra 2, if it AA's you can dash forward, ex legs Ultra 2. They also improved her standing medium punch.. so that ****'s cheeeeap :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e3YHJcGAmY
kind of hard to see the screen buuut
This is Anders, he went to college with my brother in San Francisco for game design, and finished top of the class(above my brother lololol)
Anyways.. he made a video game , made his gf play it.. as a proposal to her :D

cutest thing ever!

Anders works on farmville lol >_>
MAN! **** HIM FOR STEALING MY IDEA.
>_>.
Yeah. It was totally my idea.

Also, applying for jobs sucks. This is what I was trying to avoid in applying for college. Too many apps. Its like a ****in' iphone.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah i played alot of super on saturday. Makoto's okay... she's just gimmick central tbh. Rog vs Makoto is freeeeeee. I didn't see any good Ibuki's, but she's whatever. Dudley's lookin pretty good though :)

Cody is definitely the new ryu, ppl are jus gonna abuse the **** out of him.

Jam, i think you play chun... chun definitely got better. They gave her a really good anti air. They improved her little backflip kick (you press downfoward diagonal and lightkick) it either AA's or trades... it's real good. If it trades, you can just straight ultra 2, if it AA's you can dash forward, ex legs Ultra 2. They also improved her standing medium punch.. so that ****'s cheeeeap :D
Yes sir, I have been reading all about it. It's going to be nice to have an ultra that always links. I hit the jackpot this year, my mains in SF 4 and BB both got mega-buffed.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
@ Nick's vid-That's one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

Got my copy of SSF4, **** JUST GOT REAL

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
who xbl is pretty flawless lag wise and those who have been to my house know I have crappy internet.

XBL is kinda ****. hmmmmm

Wii traded ultimately for a $30 xbox arcade?
I'll take it all day.

Top Bottom