• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
why am I not at PAX? T_T

it was the weekend after my 8th birthday when i first played resident evil on the ps1 at a friend-of-the-family's house...the game just came out, i had no idea what it was, but it was the game in the system, the title screen and intro were ******, and i was so excited to play a playstation since the most modern console i had was the genesis. i walked around the first floor of the mansion confused as **** like everyone did for like 5 minutes, and finally found my way to the dining room and subsequent hallway. do do do do lala lala dododoooo OMFG A ZOMBIE IS EATING THAT GUY NOMNOMNOM OH **** HE TURNED AROUND AND NOW HE'S LOOKING AT MEEEE. OH ****, HE'S COMING RIGHT FOR ME...WTF AT THESE CONTROLS, RUN, *****, RUN!!! BARRY SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE, SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE! when that scene was over and i was through being mesmorized by the cutscene after that, i looked down to discover i had peed my pants. nothing in the 5th generation of gaming ever put a dent in me as much as that game did.

the first 4 resident evils (meaning 1-3 and code veronica) are all still really important to me, and even though i like the silent hill series a little bit more...i will nevar forget the one game that made me piss myself. super mario 64...cool but forgotten personally.
lol what an amazing story. can't say this has ever happened to me...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
no idea reno was that good at sfiv. much love to my fellow sheik main.

also, i am spending the next 2 days playing ps1 turn-based strategies/tactical rpgs. who wants to come over?

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
no idea reno was that good at sfiv. much love to my fellow sheik main.

also, i am spending the next 2 days playing ps1 turn-based strategies/tactical rpgs. who wants to come over?
Omg FF Tactics was amazing! I'm assuming you'll be playing it if haven't already. I think that's the only tactical rpg I played for PS1 though.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Omg FF Tactics was amazing! I'm assuming you'll be playing it if haven't already. I think that's the only tactical rpg I played for PS1 though.
brigandine (favorite game of all time), then tactics ogre, rhapsody (also so ****ing good), fft, vandal hearts, and suikoden tactics (konami+me=joy if you hadn't heard yet) is the planned order so far.

brigandine has a lot of scenarios to play so instead of playing all 6 countries i'm just playing the hardest one (iscalio ftw) on the hardest difficulty XD so far i'm getting my *** handed to me and going even with the AI. in easier difficulties you can just dominate battles even if your map strategy isn't great. on hard you have to have amazing world positioning/defense plans including considering counter-units which like...i never knew units countered each other until like a year ago, and they're soft counters but every bit counts on the hard difficulty. plus when the computer is on defense, they'll run away or just set up a choke with really strong creatures so you can't fight them to your own preference. best of all, the computer will straight up make cheap *** units and suicide bomb your good units 6v1 just so that their real generals with real units gain a gradual advantage one of those battles at a time. you have to do the same, or just keep 1 powerhouse team to constantly weaken the countries surrounding you so they don't have the funds to do that. man, the difficult setting is so awesome...the medium setting is fun, too, though. straight up watching a ton of your units level into huge beasts that just destroy anything that challenges you. i've entered battles where the computer immediately retreats without even moving towards you, **** is hilarious. i love brigandine.
i'll probably have to abandon it until after the rest are through, a good game can take 20 hours o.0

i really want to complete this collection with kartia someday soon but i'm in suuuuuch a long queue for it on goozex.

Octave

Smash Ace
I played the remake of Tactics Ogre on the GBA and loved it. I got to the last level but then I had to split my troops and only had a few really good ones so I couldn't beat it.

Also, I'd like to thank whoever said How to Train Your Dragon looked terrible because it gave me incredibly low expectations for the movie. It turned out to be excellent. Probably in my top 5 favorite Dreamworks films now.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Dazwa was fiending to play SSFIV yesterday. Hopefully he'll get to today.

Reno is a monster. Dude won a friggin' video card for getting second in a MW2 tourney. Who knew this dude even PLAYED MW2? Or any FPS, for that matter?

Yeah coming live from PAX.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
slow sunday in ct eh?
how could mario64 be overrated

player haters

=[
I loved the Sailing too. The music while sailing was just relaxing, and all those random little things you could find out on the high seas was just so cool. Its the last Zelda game I beat 100%.
relaxing is the best word to describe it for me. It actually inspired me to learn real sailing
____

Also I'm close to finishing chrono trigger for the first time but am unsure of what ending to follow halp me! Or should I save-state and do them all?
____

Also I got soul silver if anyone wants to battle/trade get at me :)

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yedispaghetti: drpp beat hbox
iaminterface lol: what the ****
iaminterface lol: **** you
iaminterface lol: you're lying
Yedispaghetti: NO
Yedispaghetti: IM NOT
iaminterface lol: that
Yedispaghetti: ARENT YU ESTATIC
iaminterface lol: is the best thing i've ever heard

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Dazwa-How are you playing SSF IV early? I want to play Ibuki sooooooooo badly. Tell me how good Cody, Dudley, and Guy are IYO? I really could care less about T Hawk, Juri, Dee Jay, and Hakan. Dee Jay is basically what Guile should have been, Juri is the next Ryu, T Hawk looks garbage, and Makoto is going to be trash IMO.

My roommate is a scrub and thinks SF IV is bad (yet he thinks Brawl is good. LOL) but at least hes intelligent enough to see how cool Ibuki is.

He also thinks Blaz Blue is more competitive than Street Fighter. He makes me want to stab a kitten.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Man, those videos are so cool.
Good **** to that awesome and handsome man who brought the recording setup.
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dazwa-How are you playing SSF IV early?
This is dazwa, pax is amazing, I get to play ssfiv tomorrow, Reno is a BEAST
There's your answer :laugh: Seth Killian showed up with 2 copies.

I only played a round as Abel though because there was a CRAZY line for the game and I had to leave early Sunday, but all of the impressions from other players about him are more or less correct. Faster sweep, safer Rekkas.

Other notes I have from watching matches

- Fuerte's new ultra is RIDICULOUS. It grabs you in 3 frames and it's like a slide kick...and it does awesome damage. Crazy good.
- Guy seems like he could either be really good or really bad, too hard to tell right now. His jumps are REALLY floaty though, it's kinda weird...
- Hakan's oiled focus attacks grant him the ability to move forward or backward during charge, it's both hilarious and awesome.

Top Bottom