• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
and your last paragraph isnt even on topic. i dont play fighting games. point being? that makes me a scrub because......? i've been playing in total for about 4 years, taking long breaks in btwn. your point is.........? marth isnt peaches worst match up. wife thinks marth is the best character in the game. guess hes a super scrub.....

No, my last paragraph was pretty on topic. You play ONE fighting game and have little to no concept of how a tier list is even made up. I know this from your statement, "The characters in the game never change. There are no updates or anything that changes. Marth is the second best." Scrap the opinion on Marth for a second. I'm pretty sure the way we look at a game changes. Sheik used to be top tier so does that mean shes still the best then? No. Definitely not. Provide good evidence as to why Marths second best and maybe i'll hear it out. I like good discussion but most people on here just cling to what one person says and go "Yup, thats about right." and no one presents any solid evidence.

-Space that a character controls
-High levels of play
-Character match ups
-Stage Dominance

That is how smash's tier list is made up of and I'm pretty sure most of the community will agree to most of those listed. You can't exactly use stage dominance in other fighters because stages do not matter.

Your argument to me about Marth being second best was the following, "All he has to do is swing his sword and no one can get in." Yeah? If Wife can provide good evidence that Peach is the best than maybe he might be onto something. Can't say I agree with that now but i've heard good arguments from people saying Jigs is the best. She really only has like two bad match ups and goes even w everyone and is good on all stages except Yoshis.

I can take so many personal stabs at you by how you act, the things you say, and what you say about other smashers.

Maybe if you took a step back and stopped acting like a tool around me then maybe I wouldn't be so rude to you. Simple as that. I just react to how other people treat ME. If you're gonna be a tool, I can have fun with this too. If not, then awesome. My attitude towards someone is based off of how they treat me.

Honestly think about how you treat me when I'm with you. "Hey, I'm gonna go bad characters against POF because I'm gonna (get off)." Yeah, that makes me want to be nice to you/listen to what you have to say. Have you ever thought that maybe the reason why I piss you off is because you actually gee I don't know PISS ME OFF.

I'm too lazy to reply to Dave.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Honestly think about how you treat me when I'm with you. "Hey, I'm gonna go bad characters against POF because I'm gonna (get off)." Yeah, that makes me want to be nice to you/listen to what you have to say. Have you ever thought that maybe the reason why I piss you off is because you actually gee I don't know PISS ME OFF.
POF you said your pichu could beat my falco, then you said the only reason why I have beat your falco is because I got lucky. What did I do to deserve that?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm a firm believer in the swift theory that if you aren't futtbucking someone for picking silly characters vs. you, you have no right to complain about them not picking their main/a good character vs. you.

Like, I don't pick pikachu to insult people, I pick pikachu cause I like playing him and want to get better with him, but he's not as good as my Falco, so I do tend to play him vs. worse players. So even though I do tend to pick Pikachu vs. worse players, I don't pick him to be disrespectful towards them.

*shrugs*

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I do the same with Yoshi. I probably lose 90% of the matches I play with yoshi (especially teams matches) but I play more Yoshi than weegie because he is mad fun.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
POF you said your pichu could beat my falco, then you said the only reason why I have beat your falco is because I got lucky. What did I do to deserve that?
I was bein an ***/stupid. I can't deny that. I think the only way I could firmly win would be to get lucky to get you off stage and fsmash/f tilt your illusion. I really dont know much about Pichu other than u throw CG sort of.

Mogwai and Pakman: Yeah its one thing to use a character because you like them but when you feel like being other characters just to make someone look stupid is another thing. Top level players or really good players do it because they don't want to go there main and utterly **** someone. They feel bad for the most part.

Like Trade literally tried to go Roy and make me look stupid. He NEVER uses Roy. Pretty obvious his intentions right there. I made him quit out but that still doesn't negate my point.

Edit: Does someone want to play Smash tonight like around 10 or 11 at my place? If so, text/call me. I'll be at work from 4-9....10:00 at the latest.

boy, I wish Pakman lived closer to me so we could play SF third strike. ahhh

trademark0013

Smash Champion
From my phone so idk how this will turn out:

Garrett, I could go on about my opinions on the tier list and I did b4. But that's not what this is about. I'm a tool because I went roy? Omg I'm not playing peach it must mean I'm tryna make u look bad. Zomg. I go dif characters all the time. I could say how I 3 stocked u with doc but what would that mean?

My logic about marth swingin his sword is quite deeper than that but ur too much of a scrub to understand anything. That night at ur house, every arguement I said u just said "idk I still think blah blah". Any every argument u presented was "blah and x smasher will back me up on this." Meaning that u just steal arguments and when they're contradicted udk what to say cuz u don't kno the logic behind it.

And what's this about things I do to piss u off? Plz elaborate. And if u wanna get petty or talk about the way I act we can go on for days cuz they have been plenty of times when ur character can be called into question, like when u yelled at sean to be quiet when he said he would, yelled at marc for not knowing what he wanted to order at wendys, made racist remarks when u first met me about my music choice and obama being assassinated. So I welcome anything u can say about me besides "omg he went roy."

O and I'm def not mad and I don't hate u as u think. Lifes too short for all that. Do I give a **** about u? No. But that's dif that hatred.

Idr what else u said cuz it takes a while to scroll up, but if u wanna keep it goin we can get it.

O and yea ur def a jerk cuz of what u did to bolt then and cuz of what u did b4 when u were like "gaiz I gotz bettr at smash zomg look" and posted vids of u playing bolt when he just started.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I have lost touch with the start and premise of this argument. hmm

maybe you guys should MM each other for liek 20 bucks.
that'll solve evertthing

O and yea ur def a jerk cuz of what u did to bolt then and cuz of what u did b4 when u were like "gaiz I gotz bettr at smash zomg look" and posted vids of u playing bolt when he just started.
*remembers that*
yeah kinda messed up

I'm a firm believer in the swift theory that if you aren't futtbucking someone for picking silly characters vs. you, you have no right to complain about them not picking their main/a good character vs. you.

*shrugs*

yea I be trying to MM mogwai with CF and be gettin f**ked up

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I do the same with Yoshi. I probably lose 90% of the matches I play with yoshi (especially teams matches) but I play more Yoshi than weegie because he is mad fun.
:D I do that with Mewtwo. I probably lose 95% of the matches I play, but I play more Mewtwo than Sheik/Fox because my Sheik/Fox suck and Mewtwo is more fun.
=[ Its okay...more time to get better at smash then.

Also,
Lol@Poffy saying not playing more than one fighter competitively means you don't know how tier lists are made.

I mean ****, Smash takes the most **** for tier lists, I'm pretty sure its common knowledge for every non-stupid competitive smash player.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yeah as far as that whole play secondaries/random chars because they're fun, I do that with falcon all the time, but the problem is I think he might be better than my main... >_> lol
D: Story of my life. Hence my main being Mewtwo.
-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
Also,
Lol@Poffy saying not playing more than one fighter competitively means you don't know how tier lists are made.

I mean ****, Smash takes the most **** for tier lists, I'm pretty sure its common knowledge for every non-stupid competitive smash player.
-DD
Yeah it's ****ing rocket science right?!

Fox 9.88
Marth 9.85
Sheik 9.69
Falco 9.15

High
Peach 8.35
Captain Falcon 8.00
Jigglypuff 8.00
Ice Climbers 7.88
Good job you'll never win a tourney

Middle
Samus 6.77
Dr. Mario 6.23
Ganondorf 6.04
Luigi 5.81
Donkey Kong 5.38
Mario 5.34
Have fun with your novelty

Low
Link 4.69
Pikachu 4.31
Young Link 4.15
Roy 3.60
Zelda 3.04
Game and Watch 3.00
Lol wut?
Bottom
Ness 2.50
Yoshi 2.46
Bowser 2.17
Mewtwo 1.77
Kirby 1.50
Pichu 1.15
You're a moron.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I saw Taj playing friendlies at Pound. Never seen some of that **** before. He was tooling on Foxes like it was his job.

MikeMoney

Smash Apprentice
From my phone so idk how this will turn out:

Garrett, I could go on about my opinions on the tier list and I did b4. But that's not what this is about. I'm a tool because I went roy? Omg I'm not playing peach it must mean I'm tryna make u look bad. Zomg. I go dif characters all the time. I could say how I 3 stocked u with doc but what would that mean?

My logic about marth swingin his sword is quite deeper than that but ur too much of a scrub to understand anything. That night at ur house, every arguement I said u just said "idk I still think blah blah". Any every argument u presented was "blah and x smasher will back me up on this." Meaning that u just steal arguments and when they're contradicted udk what to say cuz u don't kno the logic behind it.

And what's this about things I do to piss u off? Plz elaborate. And if u wanna get petty or talk about the way I act we can go on for days cuz they have been plenty of times when ur character can be called into question, like when u yelled at sean to be quiet when he said he would, yelled at marc for not knowing what he wanted to order at wendys, made racist remarks when u first met me about my music choice and obama being assassinated. So I welcome anything u can say about me besides "omg he went roy."

O and I'm def not mad and I don't hate u as u think. Lifes too short for all that. Do I give a **** about u? No. But that's dif that hatred.

Idr what else u said cuz it takes a while to scroll up, but if u wanna keep it goin we can get it.

Dam gettin off lol

I saw Taj playing friendlies at Pound. Never seen some of that **** before. He was tooling on Foxes like it was his job.
This, Swift! wen taj grabed u on bf during pools n edgeguarded u wit 1 hand on his controller me n kels just looked at eachother jaws droped for like 5 min lmao Id never seen that **** in my whole life

bolt.

Smash Ace
okay so
pof- I don't really care about the pichu thing and enjoy smashing w/ you. Sometimes I just like to stir the pot I guess... whatever.
To everyone- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT0M28gGoc
this is me vs mogwai
im blue hes green
he destroyed me the whole time we played except for a couple matches so I uploaded one of the ones that he didn't destroy me because it actually shows how I play. I would really appreciate advice. =D <3

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Reason being that a good Mewtwo actually has a few noteworthy advantages over Fox. Sure, Fox will **** 90% of the time because he's Fox, but if the Mewtwo player is patient and technical, he can win. Mewtwo has a better match-up against Spacies than anyone else in Bottom Tier.

I'm sure I'll get flamed by SOMEONE over this, but ma doo DD will back me up on this.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
This, Swift! wen taj grabed u on bf during pools n edgeguarded u wit 1 hand on his controller me n kels just looked at eachother jaws droped for like 5 min lmao Id never seen that **** in my whole life

he treated remen even worse.

yo he teleported into a turn around shadow ball hit remen with it's hit box cancelled it into a pivot grab. hes mad sick wit it

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
okay so
pof- I don't really care about the pichu thing and enjoy smashing w/ you. Sometimes I just like to stir the pot I guess... whatever.
To everyone- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT0M28gGoc
this is me vs mogwai
im blue hes green
he destroyed me the whole time we played except for a couple matches so I uploaded one of the ones that he didn't destroy me because it actually shows how I play. I would really appreciate advice. =D <3
i made a comment

<3 daz ive been sigged!!!!!!!

bolt.

Smash Ace
Thanks swift! =D I've been thinking a lot about how to add more into my game and that should help a lot. I knew I over used shine but I really didn't know what to do instead.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Thanks swift! =D I've been thinking a lot about how to add more into my game and that should help a lot. I knew I over used shine but I really didn't know what to do instead.
yea np its common among lots of space animal players to be honest. I still do it with my falco a bit(especially when i play in tourney and have that pressure on me). People make it seem like shine is the answer to everything lol its not. it can get you f**ked up especially since its hit box is not that big and only has an active hitbox for 1 frame.

about my l-cancel comment; I find myself being steps ahead of my opponent in those situations sometimes.

I shuffle so they think:

-DD away/jump above/ jump back/ spot dodge(but lets assume a DD)
*i miss aerial and l cancel
-DD back in and get a grab or w/e
* i jab/dtilt/dash attack them(which is most of the time in my experience not CC'd cuz they are already in their minds doing something else to me.

-or-

*I WD back and they've committed and now I get a free anything(unless they shuffled at me in response and also hit their L cancel, then the cycle could occur again or I could not get baited. spacing/execution come into play on this)

-or-

*I shield cuz I knwo they arent gonna grab(sometimes its me seeing them airborne) and are gonna try to hit me(or cuz im facing a samus). spacing/execution also comes into play on the tradeoff afterwards. he may/may not space a hit on my shield well and I may/ may not not have an opportunity to attack, or he may/ may not execute timely enough.

theres also cases where spacing and timing **** everything. you can still get DD grabbed or pivot grabbed even if you hit the lcancel and everything. hungrybox is good at this with puff.

i could probly think of a few more niche' situations involving a missed shuffle by a spacy against an opponent but like this is a good amount to think about. spacies attack so much more than the other char so like I think shuffle theory is rly rly important.

Aesir

Smash Master
No, my last paragraph was pretty on topic. You play ONE fighting game and have little to no concept of how a tier list is even made up.
What are you basing this off of? and how many games do you play competitive? Please list them and your placements in those respective games.

I know this from your statement, "The characters in the game never change. There are no updates or anything that changes. Marth is the second best." Scrap the opinion on Marth for a second. I'm pretty sure the way we look at a game changes.
You're taking this statement either completely out of context or looking at it in such a way to make your argument seem more valid. He has a point, nothings changed about marth the things you can do today are the same you could do back then. The only things that has changed is application, and how much we've progressed. Marth is still second best imo, so stop QQing.

Sheik used to be top tier so does that mean shes still the best then? No. Definitely not. Provide good evidence as to why Marths second best and maybe i'll hear it out.
Longest reach in the game? Second longest grab range? Great edge guard game? Great tech chase game? Has almost no bad match ups? Do you want me to continue?

Seriously the only thing he sucks at his survivability and high percent combos, which can be worked around if you don't suck.

I like good discussion but most people on here just cling to what one person says and go "Yup, thats about right." and no one presents any solid evidence.
Yeah that's why I agree with everything m2k says right? oh wait......

-Space that a character controls
-High levels of play
-Character match ups
-Stage Dominance

That is how smash's tier list is made up of and I'm pretty sure most of the community will agree to most of those listed. You can't exactly use stage dominance in other fighters because stages do not matter.
Actually the tier list is more of a representation on how characters are doing in tournaments. That's how Tier list placements have always been at least since I've been in the community. Furthermore Marth scores VERY high on those criteria so I don't see how this helps your argument.

Your argument to me about Marth being second best was the following, "All he has to do is swing his sword and no one can get in." Yeah? If Wife can provide good evidence that Peach is the best than maybe he might be onto something. Can't say I agree with that now but i've heard good arguments from people saying Jigs is the best. She really only has like two bad match ups and goes even w everyone and is good on all stages except Yoshis.
Two bad match ups? already worse than marth based on your criteria you've already set up. Marth has 1 bad match up, 2 if you're like me and you think Falcon is a bad match up. But I concede at the point that if you get him off it's easysauce. So really it's 1 bad match up. Furthermore the Sheik match up isn't even a hard counter so much as it's just a huge up hill battle for marth.

I can take so many personal stabs at you by how you act, the things you say, and what you say about other smashers.
You can say the same about anyone, we talk so much smack behind other peoples backs it's actually quite funny. I will say the people in CT who I use to dislike I can safely say I don't feel that way anymore.

Maybe if you took a step back and stopped acting like a tool around me then maybe I wouldn't be so rude to you. Simple as that. I just react to how other people treat ME. If you're gonna be a tool, I can have fun with this too. If not, then awesome. My attitude towards someone is based off of how they treat me.

I'm too lazy to reply to Dave.
tl;dc

bolt.

Smash Ace
Wow swift that was amazing. O_O
*claps* This is like a whole new way to think when playing. I need to save that post and read it before I play people because its not something I can do on a cpu. Thanks so much.

Top Bottom