• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
boys becoming men
men becoming wolves
*approves*

PockyD and I entered Pound 3 teams as Werewolf Bar Mitzvah iirc.

EDIT: CT POWER RANKINGS
1. Cort 4,066
2. DarkDragoon 3,097
3. Aesir 2,607
4. CogSmooch 2,592
5. thumbswayup 2,586
6. Khaly 2,408
7. trademark0013 2,402
8. SPAWN 2,381
9. Jam Stunna 2,274
10. _V_ 2,156
11. _milktea 2,036
12. Dazwa 1,923
13. NusCirtap 1,886
14. Prince Of Fire 1,841
15. Mogwai 1,832
16. noodles 1,828
17. Brookman 1,783
18. -Darc- 1,542
19. AxelSlam 1,469
20. SwiftBass 1,389

I got this!

Aesir

Smash Master
23's kinda old for the smash community. He looked pretty old in that top 48 pound vid. I think I still have the record. Are you old? I should know this.

Oh son of a ***** just end your life. Hourglass redheads > the universe
Maybe if we combine brawl and melee community than yeah, but just counting melee that's a pretty average age.

Aesir

Smash Master
23 still feels kinda old for melee. I'd say the average age is around 19-20, but i dunno, *shrugs*
THe games almost 10 years old, trust me 23 is nothing. It may be on the high end of ages but it's not shockingly high. Like say 25 or 26.

Also Red Heads are amazing they're right up there next to brunettes, though Auburn's are the only reason I could ever see myself believing in god.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
*approves*

1. Cort 4,066
2. DarkDragoon 3,097
3. Aesir 2,607
4. CogSmooch 2,592
5. thumbswayup 2,586
6. Khaly 2,408
7. trademark0013 2,402
8. SPAWN 2,381
9. Jam Stunna 2,274
10. _V_ 2,156
11. _milktea 2,036
12. Dazwa 1,923
13. NusCirtap 1,886
14. Prince Of Fire 1,841
15. Mogwai 1,832
16. noodles 1,828
17. Brookman 1,783
18. -Darc- 1,542
19. AxelSlam 1,469
20. SwiftBass 1,389

I got this!
OH SHI- GET ***** THUMBS! Top 3 here I come.

Maybe if we combine brawl and melee community than yeah, but just counting melee that's a pretty average age.
THe games almost 10 years old, trust me 23 is nothing. It may be on the high end of ages but it's not shockingly high. Like say 25 or 26.

Also Red Heads are amazing they're right up there next to brunettes, though Auburn's are the only reason I could ever see myself believing in god.
So is it average or on the high end?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i think 23 is slightly old for melee but it's not noticeable or anything

things like this will always be dominated by the college-aged

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm continually surprised that I'm on the older end of Smashers. My wife didn't even go to her first Melee tournament until she was 24 I think.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
speaking of ****, get ***** by my comeback on Brinstar :laugh:

what a ****-tarded stage.
LOOOOOOOOOOL like I said I only picked it cause you banned Stadium, I have almost no experience on that stage. Yes it is completely ********, the lava ****ed us both over but your 3 stock comeback was indeed epic hahahaha

noodles

Smash Champion
i duck at ct thread posting ;_;

garretts old account still has more post then me lol

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
*approves*

1. Cort 4,066
2. DarkDragoon 3,097
3. Aesir 2,607
4. CogSmooch 2,592
5. thumbswayup 2,586
6. Khaly 2,408
7. trademark0013 2,402
8. SPAWN 2,381
9. Jam Stunna 2,274
10. _V_ 2,156
11. _milktea 2,036
12. Dazwa 1,923
13. NusCirtap 1,886
14. Prince Of Fire 1,841
15. Mogwai 1,832
16. noodles 1,828
17. Brookman 1,783
18. -Darc- 1,542
19. AxelSlam 1,469
20. SwiftBass 1,389

I got this!
personally i think alternate accounts and inactive posters should be removed from the list.
that means prince of fire
annnd sadly... khaly.

this is just a ploy to get me on the PR faster thoug

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Okay Nick, I'm getting Brawl again tomorrow and I'll download the link you sent me then.

What exactly should I know about Brawl+ in the general sense? I was reading some stuff in the Workshop but the info is pretty scattered.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
women: thin but curved, medium-height, pale girls with green eyes and black hair. smart and funny imperative. dated 3 in a row, going for nonconsecutive 4th.
hell to the yes.

also, my hair is almost completely mexi-fro'd now. it's quite beautiful, i'm thinking about getting a pick.

edit: i miss you too, james! we need a four swords reunion day.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
*approves*

1. Cort 4,066
2. DarkDragoon 3,097
3. Aesir 2,607
4. CogSmooch 2,592
5. thumbswayup 2,586
6. Khaly 2,408
7. trademark0013 2,402
8. SPAWN 2,381
9. Jam Stunna 2,274
10. _V_ 2,156
11. _milktea 2,036
12. Dazwa 1,923
13. NusCirtap 1,886
14. Prince Of Fire 1,841
15. Mogwai 1,832
16. noodles 1,828
17. Brookman 1,783
18. -Darc- 1,542
19. AxelSlam 1,469
20. SwiftBass 1,389

I got this!
I'm surprised that I am still on this LOL :]

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
pretty much the same thing. late august. and i can't fxing wait to leave.

i will leave early august if anyone wants to house me for 2 weeks before i go back to school. will buy you/cook you food and play smash with youuuuuu...anyone? :(

Aesir

Smash Master
pretty much the same thing. late august. and i can't fxing wait to leave.

i will leave early august if anyone wants to house me for 2 weeks before i go back to school. will buy you/cook you food and play smash with youuuuuu...anyone? :(
I would totally say my place, but my moms totally against people staying over. =(

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Okay Nick, I'm getting Brawl again tomorrow and I'll download the link you sent me then.

What exactly should I know about Brawl+ in the general sense? I was reading some stuff in the Workshop but the info is pretty scattered.
Uhh, try to get a used copy, I heard that they patched the issue in newer released of Brawl.

Brawl+ has automated LCancels and increased hitstun/gravity.

They added some stuff across the board to a lot of characters, but they haven't really released the most up-to-date changelist but some major things:

NPCs can be used to practice on. They DI like beasts, and have killer offensive and defensive games[@Level9]. If you can beat a Peach or Luigi[the hardest NPCs on my save, anyways] on your first try without being gay about it, you're off to a good start.

ICs have pretty sick Desyncs and chaingrabs and stuff, they always end up with some form of an infinite, but they're pretty complex and awesome.

Ike is pretty solid all around, and his jab is top tier.

They took away Marth's SHDF, all Marth mains piss and moan about it because they made their character less campy.

Lucario can cancel his UpB into aerials, or he can use UpB from the ground, and then again in the air.

Lucas can use his Ropesnake as a ZAir, like Link/TLink/Samus.

There is an option called "buffer", which changes the amount of buffer frames from 0[Melee-ish, no stored inputs]-10[Brawl standard](0%->100%).

They made a lot of stage mods, like adding the Wifi Waiting Room[DK's waterfall thing], SSE Jungle[Hyrule Temple], Fixing SkyWorld and Pokestadium 2 into a playable CP and Neutral. They probably fixed a couple other stages, I just forget off the top of my head.

=D Its fun and doesn't get boring too fast. I stayed pretty entertained trying out different things on the NPCs/practice mode. You can always go to Brawlplus.net and find someone in the IRC to play with, hopefully the lag won't be too bad...there isn't really a way to fix that right now.

And uhh...that's all I can think of off the top of my head...which is really just the tip of the iceberg.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Basically,

Trademark got mad because it sounded like I insulted NY. He rides NY's/tristates junk pretty hard so I thought that was funny. What do I base my claims on? Oh, I dont know the ENTIRE SMASH COMMUNITY discussing how he and his car got arrested and we had to bail him out and Vanz actually told me hes gotten pulled over quite a few times. News Flash: You don't need to go to tournaments to know what goes on. I didn't even stick my nose into the pb nj quarrel and I basically got the jist of it because everyone in the smash community talks about everything like we're all in high school.

and Dave gets pissed off so easily by me now that it really makes me laugh.

And ummm I'm pretty sure that my last two "tournaments" that I entered Dave, are in fact evidence of improvement. Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt I perform nicely against Arcnatural at the end of Iron Chef as well? Also, my skills were shown IN TOURNAMENT. (You said yourself that is what counts.) Not to mention, you complimented me when I reverse upB gimped Arc VS his Fox which is a rare thing. I also made it out of Round 1 pools at Pound 4 and almost made it to round 3. Yeah, I'm not getting better and I suck. I also won three MM's at Pound, got Armada down to 2 stocks, and 3 stocked Irish Mafia on Livestream.

I'm not a great player, but I AM improving. Say whatever you feel like because I'm actually confident and know that I will improve as a player.

Basically, you both just hate me. Pretty sure Mogwai does too. It's ok....I think its hilarious. I pretty much have grown to appreciate everyone else in the community for the most part.

Also: In no way did I INSULT Mike, Bernard. All I did was compare me to playing Cort as opposed to him. In no way does it imply that he sucks. So as usual, you did not read and you felt like being obnoxious and stupid.

Oh yeah, I'm a scrub? How long have you been playing Melee? How many fighting games do you play? Who bases a tier list off of strictly what goes on in tournaments? These insults are also coming from the same person who thinks Marth is easy to play and is the 2nd best character in the game. (Scrubbiest thing I've ever heard.) You dont play fighting games and your strictly biased towards marth because its your mains worst match up. Kind of like how I used to think Sheik was the best because she ***** Marth. Difference is I've learned to accept my characters weaknesses and look past 2 match ups.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I turn 17 in June :Ddd

Playing with 12/13 year olds at Pound made me feel like I wasn't THAT young. (The 12 year old asian kid, sorry I missed his name, was pretty cool and good Marth. Another was BEAR from...I wanna say Ohio but I know I'm wrong, he was a young Sheik).

(I've never played fighter games like...ever. Anyone want to tell me what the numbers 1-6(?) and the letters are on the joystick? I really want to play some other fighter games and possibly in a few years -- competitively.)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Basically,

Trademark got mad because it sounded like I insulted NY. He rides NY's/tristates junk pretty hard so I thought that was funny. What do I base my claims on? Oh, I dont know the ENTIRE SMASH COMMUNITY discussing how he and his car got arrested and we had to bail him out and Vanz actually told me hes gotten pulled over quite a few times. News Flash: You don't need to go to tournaments to know what goes on. I didn't even stick my nose into the pb nj quarrel and I basically got the jist of it because everyone in the smash community talks about everything like we're all in high school.

and Dave gets pissed off so easily by me now that it really makes me laugh.

And ummm I'm pretty sure that my last two "tournaments" that I entered Dave, are in fact evidence of improvement. Correct me if I'm wrong but didnt I perform nicely against Arcnatural at the end of Iron Chef as well? Also, my skills were shown IN TOURNAMENT. (You said yourself that is what counts.) Not to mention, you complimented me when I reverse upB gimped Arc VS his Fox which is a rare thing. I also made it out of Round 1 pools at Pound 4 and almost made it to round 3. Yeah, I'm not getting better and I suck. I also won three MM's at Pound, got Armada down to 2 stocks, and 3 stocked Irish Mafia on Livestream.

I'm not a great player, but I AM improving. Say whatever you feel like because I'm actually confident and know that I will improve as a player.

Basically, you both just hate me. Pretty sure Mogwai does too. It's ok....I think its hilarious. I pretty much have grown to appreciate everyone else in the community for the most part.

Also: In no way did I INSULT Mike, Bernard. All I did was compare me to playing Cort as opposed to him. In no way does it imply that he sucks. So as usual, you did not read and you felt like being obnoxious and stupid.

Oh yeah, I'm a scrub? How long have you been playing Melee? How many fighting games do you play? Who bases a tier list off of strictly what goes on in tournaments? These insults are also coming from the same person who thinks Marth is easy to play and is the 2nd best character in the game. (Scrubbiest thing I've ever heard.) You dont play fighting games and your strictly biased towards marth because its your mains worst match up. Kind of like how I used to think Sheik was the best because she ***** Marth. Difference is I've learned to accept my characters weaknesses and look past 2 match ups.
T~T Please stop! Not in front of the kids! CAN'T YOU SEE YOU'RE TEARING US APART?! *takes Stephen into another room to calm him down*

Like, seriously you guys. We've been together for 7+ years now. Maybe not as an entire community kind of together, but as smash players. If you guys want a divorce after putting all this effort into our mutual relationships, then I suggest YOU be the one to call a motel and see if they have rooms because I'm going to kick you out of the house SO HARD you'll wish you never told me about all that cheating.

I mean ****. You scrubbed people?! YOU 2 STOCKED PEOPLE!? 3?! ARE THERE ANY GAY ORGIES I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT? Why couldn't you have just been straight forward about all this while we were dating. You should have just said "Hey, I'm a freak who loves doing strange things like shining foxes, spiking falcos, nipple spiking full grown and muscular men, and resting people". Then I could have ended it there. I could have been like, "Hey, lets not get married, spend half a decade together, produce marvelous smash playing children, and then FIGHT FOR MONTHS ON END AND BREAK IT ALL UP, LEAVING THE CHILDREN STRANDED AND CONFUSED AS TO WHY THEIR PARENTS DON'T LOVE EACHOTHER ANYMORE. YOU KNOW WHAT? YOU CAN STAY IN THE HOUSE, I'M GOING TO MY MOTHERS. YEAH, MY MOTHERS, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT? GOOD.

SEE YOU WHEN YOU WANT TO APOLOGIZE.
-DD

Top Bottom