• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Dazwa-

Pound 4 350 Melee compared to 150 Brawl

Genesis 298 Melee to 300 Brawl at Genesis
I explained this to...Hoggle, I think. Melee players are more willing to travel large distances for bigger tournaments, but lately their smaller events haven't really grown, while Brawl tournaments have an opposite effect. They run so many tournaments, that there's not as much reason or hype behind a national for them. Hell, they've got Viridian (as SleepyK) mentioned, and Tourneyplay4 (which I imagine had a large effect on West Coast Brawl's minimal attendance) both next month. Essentially, by limiting your data to two of the largest tournaments in recent history, you ignore a lot. I could just as easily limit the data I view, comparing two monthlies (which play an equally important role in keeping the longevity of the game), I could take this melee monthly (16 entrants) and this Brawl monthly (43 entrants) and make a similarly stupid claim, but I know better.

And I'm pretty sure Ally hates Brawl now and wants to start playing Melee but no one is near him to play. When a games top players play the game to make $ you know the game is not doing so hot.
That didn't stop him from traveling 8+ hours every weekend (to a point where he was going to be considered an Atlantic North player for Pound 4 Brawl crews, which didn't occur due to time constraints and a lack of outer-regional support) to play in Brawl tournaments and soften his winnings by travel expenses. And yeah, it's been made painfully clear over and over that Mew2King considers Smash a form of employment.

It's been a year and five months now, and Brawl is still running quite fine. I should've taken that bet :urg:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
daz makes an excellent point. i think if someone really hates the game and its competitive nature that they'd rly stop. ally playing melee would be beast but I mean its obvi that he has some sort of likeable tie with brawl.(which I dun object to)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
because sheik's Dthrow in PAL doesn't permit chaingrabbing or follow ups in general.

if you watch amsah i don't think he knew how to hit peach with uair out of a dthrow
=[ It was a joke about patching. Melee was so patched 3 times.[1.1, 1.2, PAL]

I explained this to...Hoggle, I think.
I got to school with Hoggle/Copacetic. They kinda got me hyped to play Brawl again. xD

Although I still wanna get a lot of people in Brawl+. Lucario is so beautiful t.t;
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
man i totally didn't catch that. thanks dd.

edit: wow that was super obvious. i should have read the quote.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Garrett, NOBODY IS ARGUING THAT JMAN SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN THERE ON TIME. My argument is that they weren't late for their LB match and shouldn't have been disqualified. That, and I believe Plank's motives for DQ'ing them in the first place are suspect.

No offense, but NY is a prime example of this and they have a history of showing up late.
I would love to see you try to back that up.

Not to mention, G Money is a horrible driver. lol.
What does that have to do with anything? Like, I could point out how you're annoying, ugly, dumb as a rock, and horrible at Smash, but that doesn't really relate to the issue at hand, now does it?

TO's are doing the COMMUNITY a favor by giving them a place to play and compete with little to no effort from them. They are in charge for a reason.
Correct, but that doesn't mean they're beyond reproach. Also LMFAO @ "little to no effort." People paid thousands of dollars to travel and support this tournament. Why do you think they call it a "venue fee?"

I notice my mistakes and bad spacing faster than I do against someone slightly better than me because I literally CANNOT edge guard top level players and they force me to constantly adjust. I'm wonderful at seeing my mistakes and where I suck....my execution is just horrible. I see everything in this game and know why I lose a stock or where I went wrong but I find I grow faster by playing really good people. Playing someone like Cort to me is a good 5x better than playing lets say Mike $ because once I stop playing Cort and then go play Mike I'll feel more relaxed and confident because his pressure and reactions are not better than Corts so I'll be more comfortable and confident. It's like playing through a game on EXTREME difficulty first and then going to HARD. You know you'll do better because you've seen the best and beat it before.
If you see everything, recognize your mistakes, and know why you lose, why are you still so ****ing terrible?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
For the love of god please edit that. Its going to start a wildfire. T.T I don't wanna burrrnnn.

@Jam:
DEAL. If you can ever take a ride up to Worcester I'll get it all done in under an hour ;3.

Otherwise, I'll drop by next time I get a chance I guess. Never been to your place, should be a fun adventure.

WAIT! You can play Brawl+ without homebrew now. Just get an SD card and I'll show you how.

-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
For the love of god please edit that. Its going to start a wildfire. T.T I don't wanna burrrnnn.

@Jam:
DEAL. If you can ever take a ride up to Worcester I'll get it all done in under an hour ;3.

Otherwise, I'll drop by next time I get a chance I guess. Never been to your place, should be a fun adventure.

WAIT! You can play Brawl+ without homebrew now. Just get an SD card and I'll show you how.

-DD
Awesome! As soon as I get my new apartment you can come over.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
...Hoggle lives in Maine, and plays Melee...
...REALLY?
Oh****.

>_> Well, its someone around here that has a tag/handle similar to that.

*bows in apology to Hoggle*

I meant HAGS. I think.
>:[ This is what I get for only seeing them once.
-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
my stuff in caps

Get off on what? The fact that I realize that this community does nothing but whine and complain after every tournament that is held and there is always drama? Go get off. I don't care. My points are valid.

OK. TIME TO GET OFF:

NO, THE FACT THAT U DONT KNOW JACK **** ANYTIME U OPEN UR MOUTH OR POST. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT CAME TO WHAT HAPPENED WIT JMAN AND M2K. U JUST ASSUME THAT THEY THINK THEY CAN BE LATE CUZ THEYRE GOOD AND WERE JUST LAZY WHEN A) M2K WAS THERE FOR A WHILE AND B) JMAN HAD A RIDE WHO WAS LATE. JMANS RIDE WAS WARRIOR KNIGHT WHO WAS IN DC. HE WAS ALLOWED TO PLAY BECAUSE WHEN HE GOT THERE HIS MATCH WASNT CALLED WHERE AS JMANS WAS

Ya know all Jman or anyone who was with him had to do was probably call someone at the tournament and let them know what their situation was if that "key" excuse was legitimate. I'm not saying his story was not true but any decent intelligent person would call someone if something came up. Not Hard.

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU EVEN SAYING? THAT HE'S DUMB BECAUSE HE DIDNT CALL AHEAD FOR A MATCH, ESP WHEN HE DIDNT KNO HE WAS GOING TO BE CALLED? HOW DO U SOUND? WHY MUST YOU INSULT PEOPLE?

Jman and all other top players aren't stupid. Some of them (not all) think they are "too cool" and can stroll in whenever the heck they feel like it.

WHAT THE **** IS THIS EVEN BASED OFF OF? YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ANYONE OUTSIDE OF CT PERSONAL ENOUGH TO MAKE JUDGMENTS ABOUT THEIR CHARACTER. YOU DONT KNOW WHAT WAS GOING THRU THEIR HEADS. YOU'RE JUST BEING A GIANT DOUCHE. CALL YOUR **** DOWN.

Jman DEFINITELY knew that he had to show up at 10:30 because I heard Plank announce it a good SIX times before we left Saturday night. No offense, but NY is a prime example of this and they have a history of showing up late. Not to mention, G Money is a horrible driver. lol.

HOW THE **** WOULD U KNO? U DONT GO NEWHERE TO KNOW THIS. YOU DONT EVEN KNOW NY SMASHERS LIKE THAT. AND AGAIN, YOU'RE JUST BEING A DOUCHE INSULTING PEOPLE.

You know maybe I troll on the boards pretty hard and I say stupid stuff-

NO CUZ TROLLING IS DONE WITH INTENT. YOU'RE JUST AN IDIOT.

Honestly, I believe Planks side of the story to the fullest because we know we have heard this kind of BS from Jman before.

A) WHO'S "WE?" B) WHAT BS? FOR LIKE THE 3RD OR 4TH TIME IN THIS POST, YOU'RE JUST POSTING BASED OF NOTHING

I notice my mistakes and bad spacing faster than I do against someone slightly better than me because I literally CANNOT edge guard top level players and they force me to constantly adjust. I'm wonderful at seeing my mistakes and where I suck....my execution is just horrible. I see everything in this game and know why I lose a stock or where I went wrong but I find I grow faster by playing really good people. Playing someone like Cort to me is a good 5x better than playing lets say Mike $ because once I stop playing Cort and then go play Mike I'll feel more relaxed and confident because his pressure and reactions are not better than Corts so I'll be more comfortable and confident. It's like playing through a game on EXTREME difficulty first and then going to HARD. You know you'll do better because you've seen the best and beat it before.
THIS IS BS AND YOU KNOW IT. THERES NEVER A TIME WHERE U REALIZE ****. YOU JUST COPY WHATEVER YOU HEARD SOMEONE ELSE SAY AND SAY THATS WHAT U WANTED TO DO. IF YOU GET *****, YOU JUST SAY "OMG I'M PLAYIN SO BAD." AND IF U GET A KILL YOU GO "YEA I'M PLAYIN SO MUCH BETTER." PLZ. YOURE A GIANT SCRUB.

AND DONT EVEN TRY AND COME AT MIKEMONEY LIKE THAT CUZ HES A **** TON BETTER THAN YOU COULD EVER HOPE TO BE.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
NO CUZ TROLLING IS DONE WITH INTENT. YOU'RE JUST AN IDIOT.
I laughed when I got to this and read it in a bunch of different people's voices. Mickey Mouse got me so bad.

*uses disney to attempt to restore happiness*
-DD

Sox

Smash Journeyman
axelslam, do you live in hartford? I live in west hartford and also want to get better at melee. we should play sometime maybe?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
dazwa: livestream also dropped significantly once brawl was on instead of melee. i'm sure that's partially because pound was way more hyped as a melee event, but most evidence points to melee coming back to dominance. not hating on brawl, i'm a tekken kid now anyway :X

speaking of tekken...why is no one ever playing when i get online? :(

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
daaamn people getting off on poffy. this all seems so familiar...
That Genesis/Pound Brawl example was really bad, even for POF standards. Yikes.

story behind gif? I dunno wtf it is...
>_> it's from the Golden GLOBES. <_<

Isn't that Red Head Christina Hendrix?
Hendricks.

Who watched the GFs?

Who agrees that that West Coast ****** is a total ****** for trash talking him. I almost ****ing screamed at that douche.

I forget who he was.
It's west coast what do you expect :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

...Hoggle lives in Maine, and plays Melee...
He also Hoggles people. Hoggled.

I have nothing else to add.

My beard is big.

How old is Tope?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
dazwa: livestream also dropped significantly once brawl was on instead of melee. i'm sure that's partially because pound was way more hyped as a melee event, but most evidence points to melee coming back to dominance. not hating on brawl, i'm a tekken kid now anyway :X
That's not what I was arguing against at all

He also Hoggles people. Hoggled.
...I just got hoggled through DD's post......I've still got a ways to go.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
>_> it's from the Golden GLOBES. <_<
ok... but I fail to see the epic. is it just that she's hawt?
(<-- not into redheads at all)

(would still bang the **** out of her)

How old is Tope?
like, I dunno, 25? (EDIT: wtf, Toasty, really? I would've put money on him being older than me...)

**** trade gettin' off :laugh:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
i lol'd when you posted that gif...and drooled a bit XD

sadly he's not as ancient as either of us...he's only 23 o_O

also:

I got to meet Dazwa.

:D!
23's kinda old for the smash community. He looked pretty old in that top 48 pound vid. I think I still have the record. Are you old? I should know this.

Oh son of a ***** just end your life. Hourglass redheads > the universe

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD please send me your editted ISOs of brawl and melee :p
:3 Next time we're both in Middletown, I'll make you copies of both.

who is that suppose to be?
well, i know that's joe, but yeah
who's movesets or w/e does he have
i'm tired
That is actually an edit of Captain Falcon. The guy who is making it is making a bunch of other custom animations first.

I got a big laugh out of that line before I read your post, and now I'm laughing even harder.
*bows*

...I just got hoggled through DD's post......I've still got a ways to go.
D: Wat.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
my stuff in caps

THIS IS BS AND YOU KNOW IT. THERES NEVER A TIME WHERE U REALIZE ****. YOU JUST COPY WHATEVER YOU HEARD SOMEONE ELSE SAY AND SAY THATS WHAT U WANTED TO DO. IF YOU GET *****, YOU JUST SAY "OMG I'M PLAYIN SO BAD." AND IF U GET A KILL YOU GO "YEA I'M PLAYIN SO MUCH BETTER." PLZ. YOURE A GIANT SCRUB.

AND DONT EVEN TRY AND COME AT MIKEMONEY LIKE THAT CUZ HES A **** TON BETTER THAN YOU COULD EVER HOPE TO BE.
I'll comment later because this post is arguably the funniest thing i've ever read. I have work, bye.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
like, I dunno, 25? (EDIT: wtf, Toasty, really? I would've put money on him being older than me...)
yeah...I mean I got INTO the scene when I was almost 23 and I had a huge weekend tourna-fest at my house in SoVa that Tope came to. He asked about a liquor store, which didn't seem odd because I already thought back THEN that he was like 25 or 26...but then he said "yeahhh just turned 21 yesterday *****essss" at which point my whole house was like =O

23's kinda old for the smash community. He looked pretty old in that top 48 pound vid. I think I still have the record. Are you old? I should know this.
it's not that 23 is young, it's that, if you've met and/or know Tope, then 23 is shockingly young XD

my age seems to be similarly ironic. most people I met at Pound guessed I was like 19-21...but I'm 25 XD [thanks mommy for the baby-face genes ^_^]

edit @ Mogwai :

Just leave Salma Hayek alone and we'll still be friends.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
:(

Although, I don't really see what's so attractive about her either.

I think I have odd taste in women... Anybody like Ellen Page? I do. <3

Toasty, it was nice to meet you FOR THE FIRST TIME at Pound 4.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Look, I'll just stick to half asians and hourglass latinas, and that'll leave more hourglass redheads for you. In return, I'm not going to end my life, sound fair?

ok, deal

and yeah I guess I'm a hourglass women racist.

yeah...I mean I got INTO the scene when I was almost 23 and I had a huge weekend tourna-fest at my house in SoVa that Tope came to. He asked about a liquor store, which didn't seem odd because I already thought back THEN that he was like 25 or 26...but then he said "yeahhh just turned 21 yesterday *****essss" at which point my whole house was like =O

it's not that 23 is young, it's that, if you've met and/or know Tope, then 23 is shockingly young XD

my age seems to be similarly ironic. most people I met at Pound guessed I was like 19-21...but I'm 25 XD [thanks mommy for the baby-face genes ^_^]

edit @ Mogwai :

Just leave Salma Hayek alone and we'll still be friends.
Some people look a lot older than they are and some look a lot younger. I look a little younger with a beard and A LOT younger w/o. I want to meet Tope just to compliment him on his one time beard and superior space animal tech chasing.

:(

Although, I don't really see what's so attractive about her either.

I think I have odd taste in women... Anybody like Ellen Page? I do. <3

Toasty, it was nice to meet you FOR THE FIRST TIME at Pound 4.
google some more pics of her.

lol Ellen is super cute but she will always look 15. She's in the new Chris Nolan movie (btw that trailer is rad) and I can't take her seriously as a woman.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
ok... but I fail to see the epic. is it just that she's hawt?
But Dave is soooo hot

Look, I'll just stick to half asians and hourglass latinas, and that'll leave more hourglass redheads for you. In return, I'm not going to end my life, sound fair?
half asians?

kirbstir is soooo hot

Top Bottom