• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
np. I'd like to think that not every smasher thinks about it that way or even thinks about it at all. Im guessing that being able to perform in the situations mentioned are eventually gained through muscle memory and playing the right people who will provide varieties of the situations mentioned above. Putting it on paper, I'd like to think would help someone grasp the concept a bit easier(and maybe quicker).

only a few regions have the luxury of being able to play super high level guys of differnt variety all the time and build the muscle memory and the sight recognition without really having to see themselves playing [the outer body experience i've mentioned b4]. I mean its not a bad thing but some smashers just play and its comes to them or they've played enough of the right people at the right time etc........... I have never lived close to a few smashers who were significantly better than me and could bring about these instances so like I resorted to thinking in such a way and choosing very carefully how I practiced when i was coming on and first starting to go to tourneys.

edit: im not saying that my way of thinking about spacies shuffling is the cut n dry concrete way, but it does illustrate some fundamentals about human vs human game play involving primary actions(baiting/attacking).

edit2: practice does make perfect, but think about how much faster you would be able to grasp a concept if you had an instruction manual and the actual thing infront of you as opposed to just having the thing in front of you.(im not calling my theory the end all be all theory, but I think its highly applicable)

@mike$ oh u talkin about that grab release taj did on me?
holy **** mah jaw had to be put back together

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I saw Taj playing friendlies at Pound. Never seen some of that **** before. He was tooling on Foxes like it was his job.
D: The commentators were like "Taj is barely playing at 50% power."

Reason being that a good Mewtwo actually has a few noteworthy advantages over Fox. Sure, Fox will **** 90% of the time because he's Fox, but if the Mewtwo player is patient and technical, he can win. Mewtwo has a better match-up against Spacies than anyone else in Bottom Tier.

I'm sure I'll get flamed by SOMEONE over this, but ma doo DD will back me up on this.
Yeah son.
100% true.

I've been playing Mewtwo for so long I don't even understand how to play the matchup as Sheik anymore, haha. Fast Fallers eat Mewtwo's FAirs and NAirs and get gimped SO bad. Its crazy.

And by so bad, I mean moderately bad, and mostly avoidable.

he treated remen even worse.

yo he teleported into a turn around shadow ball hit remen with it's hit box cancelled it into a pivot grab. hes mad sick wit it
Lawl. I do stuff like that sometimes. When I'm in the zone.

Although I only learned it from Taj.
=P
You can say the same about anyone, we talk so much smack behind other peoples backs it's actually quite funny. I will say the people in CT who I use to dislike I can safely say I don't feel that way anymore.

tl;dc

D: People talk bad about me?
T-T I thought I was doing so well to be a likable, lovable, Mewtwo main.

-DD

bolt.

Smash Ace
I had never thought about it that way so it was really helpful to have you write it out. I have been trying to think more lately though and should start showing soon. Right now I have 2 styles of play. The one where I try to be as fast as possible and the one where I think a lot but I'm really clunky and slow. If I could combine them I should get a lot better.

And yeah dd I always say that you are too likable and too much of a mewtwo main when your not around. Get owned. ;P

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I had never thought about it that way so it was really helpful to have you write it out. I have been trying to think more lately though and should start showing soon. Right now I have 2 styles of play. The one where I try to be as fast as possible and the one where I think a lot but I'm really clunky and slow. If I could combine them I should get a lot better.

And yeah dd I always say that you are too likable and too much of a mewtwo main when your not around. Get owned. ;P
!D: !!

Well uh, as for the playstyle stuff.
I have 3 ways of playing:

1) Goof off and study stuff. Try new things, see how it works.
2) Try to use Techskill and do things that everyone does to you all day. Watch it not work. Feel puzzled and resort to #1 or 3.
3) Play nice and campy, using Mewtwo or Sheik. Maybe Jiggs. Do stuff you've been doing forever, or learned using #1, or are able to do well today based on #2.

Also:
Who likes BlazBlue?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XBi3lEfw1M&feature=sub

-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Garrett, I could go on about my opinions on the tier list and I did b4. But that's not what this is about. I'm a tool because I went roy? Omg I'm not playing peach it must mean I'm tryna make u look bad. Zomg. I go dif characters all the time. I could say how I 3 stocked u with doc but what would that mean?

My logic about marth swingin his sword is quite deeper than that but ur too much of a scrub to understand anything. That night at ur house, every arguement I said u just said "idk I still think blah blah". And every argument u presented was "blah and x smasher will back me up on this." Meaning that u just steal arguments and when they're contradicted udk what to say cuz u don't kno the logic behind it.

And what's this about things I do to piss u off? Plz elaborate. And if u wanna get petty or talk about the way I act we can go on for days cuz they have been plenty of times when ur character can be called into question, like when u yelled at sean to be quiet when he said he would, yelled at marc for not knowing what he wanted to order at wendys, made racist remarks when u first met me about my music choice and obama being assassinated. So I welcome anything u can say about me besides "omg he went roy."

O and I'm def not mad and I don't hate u as u think.

O and yea ur def a jerk cuz of what u did to bolt then and cuz of what u did b4 when u were like "gaiz I gotz bettr at smash zomg look" and posted vids of u playing bolt when he just started.
I admit that uploading those was pretty rude. Looking back, I agree with that. That time at Wendys was hilarious. lol. That was when we all went around ordering and Marc added something on after every person. I don't remember yelling at him though....if I did I didn't mean to be an ***. Marcs like one of my favorite smashers and I definitely see him as a good friend. He should know that though. I got him and Aesir a job w me during the summer and all we did was drink and play smash lol.

As for Sean, hes like the funniest guy ever. No disrespect towards Sean. I can't deny that I get a little hot headed sometimes....I definitely do. This also shows when I just play stupid or retardedly bad. I did this at pound too. When we first arrived I literally lost to a Ness and GAW. No Joke. Than I pulled away and instead of getting angry I took a break and came back to win three mm's and make it out of my pool. Back on topic though, Every time I see Sean i'm happy to see him and enjoy playing him.

There are little to no people in the smash community that I despise or look down upon.

What I say about our president really shouldn't have that much of an affect on you. All I said was is that I don't think our society is/was ready for a black president. Maybe I was wrong, but we still have a ways to go to really examine that one.

Personally, having thought about it I think the both of us are just holding stupid grudges against one another for no reason. :dizzy:

What are you basing this off of? and how many games do you play competitive? Please list them and your placements in those respective games.

You're taking this statement either completely out of context or looking at it in such a way to make your argument seem more valid. He has a point, nothings changed about marth the things you can do today are the same you could do back then. The only things that has changed is application, and how much we've progressed. Marth is still second best imo, so stop QQing.

Longest reach in the game? Second longest grab range? Great edge guard game? Great tech chase game? Has almost no bad match ups? Do you want me to continue?

Seriously the only thing he sucks at his survivability and high percent combos, which can be worked around if you don't suck.

Yeah that's why I agree with everything m2k says right? oh wait......

Actually the tier list is more of a representation on how characters are doing in tournaments. That's how Tier list placements have always been at least since I've been in the community. Furthermore Marth scores VERY high on those criteria so I don't see how this helps your argument.

Two bad match ups? already worse than marth based on your criteria you've already set up. Marth has 1 bad match up, 2 if you're like me and you think Falcon is a bad match up. But I concede at the point that if you get him off it's easysauce. So really it's 1 bad match up. Furthermore the Sheik match up isn't even a hard counter so much as it's just a huge up hill battle for marth.

You can say the same about anyone, we talk so much smack behind other peoples backs it's actually quite funny. I will say the people in CT who I use to dislike I can safely say I don't feel that way anymore.

tl;dc
Lets hangout. lol. Get a car man.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
was in fact not our septic tank and just some weird back up

our house now smells like a hospital

whaaaaaaa?

edit: ATM I hate SF IV. all it is is: Who can out camp the other person. Go Ryu, Akuma, and Sagat. bah, i just got ***** online because i hadn't played in like a month so i totally forgot my little tricks i like to use. This one kid i kept playing literally waited for me to pick my character and then went to go pick the best counter for that character. It was so dumb.

I go Abel...he goes Zangief.

I go Zangief....he goes Akuma.

I went Ryu.....he went Sagat.

Stupid.

bolt.

Smash Ace
I just want to say I wanted those videos to be uploaded so now when I watch myself in new videos I can see improvement. =D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I really hope ajp anton uploads my vids vs lucky/chu.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
whaaaaaaa?

edit: ATM I hate SF IV. all it is is: Who can out camp the other person. Go Ryu, Akuma, and Sagat. bah, i just got ***** online because i hadn't played in like a month so i totally forgot my little tricks i like to use. This one kid i kept playing literally waited for me to pick my character and then went to go pick the best counter for that character. It was so dumb.

I go Abel...he goes Zangief.

I go Zangief....he goes Akuma.

I went Ryu.....he went Sagat.

Stupid.
Play Championship mode, blind picks.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So my birthday is on Thursday. If anyone needs my shipping address, let me know.
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Play Championship mode, blind picks.
Forgot about that!!!! So good!

no grudge garrett, just gettin off

and how do u guys find ppl to play?
turn on fight requests from your status and go into arcade mode and wait for people to challenge you. you basically practice/fool around w your character in arcade mode until someone wants to play you.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Is anyone going to be playing TvC in a few days? Oh & hi.

I am thinking of renting out a space where my bands hosts / plays show and renovating it to hold v game tourneys and other ****, so if all goes well I should be able to start hosting again in a month or so. Shweet.

Top Bottom