• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
shieldgrab is ****, people just don't know when to time it.
D: You don't really learn to appreciate it until you're playing Mewtwo v. Falco. Frame perfect sheildgrab to stop Falco's pillaring is very satisfying.

crouch canceling is fairly game breaking in melee

:<
:3 That's why I nominated it. :D Its silly~

@VBM comments

Its better that VBM was an actual player, not someone who'd talk out their *** and then back out of it all. That doesn't make for a good story D:!
-DD

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I love how Lil can't go to a tourney without getting **** for basically doing nothing.

Mad fun tourney :3

Love/miss all you guys

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Before and during. Admittedly he got MAD GREEDY on that last stock but it's all made up for by how much awesome was generated during the set.

I mean, Hax's Uair INTO A REST?!

Really, Darc? Actually?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Never again ;_;

edit: to the shine spike

I shall always rest out of any move hax does
>=o should've teamed with your bro. On the livestream when they asked why you two didn't team, it sounded like he choked back some tears and said, "Because he wanted to team with Hax."

D:
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
>=o should've teamed with your bro. On the livestream when they asked why you two didn't team, it sounded like he choked back some tears and said, "Because he wanted to team with Hax."

D:
-DD
I wasn't really planning on entering anything, just Brawl+. I only entered Melee doubles with Copycat because he didn't have a partner and my entry fee was covered (by Ame, <3), so no, there were definitely no tears in my commentary :p. Teaming with Copycat was really fun, even if it was double Sheik.

I had an amazing weekend, I'll try to get out full shoutouts in the thread eventually, and I mean it this time >_>

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I wasn't really planning on entering anything, just Brawl+. I only entered Melee doubles with Copycat because he didn't have a partner and my entry fee was covered (by Ame, <3), so no, there were definitely no tears in my commentary :p. Teaming with Copycat was really fun, even if it was double Sheik.

I had an amazing weekend, I'll try to get out full shoutouts in the thread eventually, and I mean it this time >_>
D: How'd you do in Brawl+?
-DD

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
good **** seeding by region!
I've heard a lot of conflicting opinions about when you need to seed by region and when you should let the chips fall where they may.

The consensus among a lot of TOs I've talked to seems to be that you try your hardest to take region into consideration for all rounds of pools and not for bracket [unless there aren't any pools, of course]. Basically, everyone's been separated from their region for a ton of sets already, so if they got that far, it's fair to say "well they would have had to face eventually and it's not like this exactly counts as 'early' in the tournament."

too bad the bracket wasn't "randomly generated" at ALL XD

I was like 90% sure he was a legit player trolling us, so I didn't think it was that stupid.
LOLLLL dude that was so awesome though...it couldn't have worked out better (unless it was Isai?).

Faab was already an awesome troll on his own, but like one(thousand)-upping himself as VBM??? Too good.

All the guys from The Netherlands were mad chill [and they all liked Chipotle =D]

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i want to shoutouts

but where to shoutouts

ultimately i love you all

S l o X

Smash Champion
Do it.

Also thanking bolt, pof (even through those not so :D times), and sox for being brosephs.

Next big tournament I go to, I guarantee I won't get ***** nearly as hard. (Also got my recording setup to work but I have no laptop so I won't be putting any videos that aren't techskill or test stuff)

will be dropping slox soon because its gay and luckily nobody knows me so it wont be that hard, lol @ vidjo sox slox thing.

This --- is the life.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Also, I broke Silent Wolf's shield and we both giggled uncontrollably while I charged a fsmash.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Tipped Off 6 will be huge.

Chaddd and I will be on board with Fullmetal for this one [along with others, I'm sure =D]

It'll be long while before anything is concrete but just trust that we're going to make this amazing.
if i go will you house me and record 4 hours worth of ness dittos?

Top Bottom