• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I'm tired, sick, and have almost completely lost my voice lol Pound 4 was spectacular. Worst part was me joking around with Spawn the day before that him and I would end up in the same round 3 death pool and then it actually happening... oh well, good **** Marc for 2-0ing Lucky LOL those matches were awesome. Great to see/play Sleepyk and Mogwai again.

And I finally got to play SS in many friendlies and it was more fun than I ever thought it could be.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i feel like i'm the only one who likes hbox. playstyle is sometimes boring but i don't want to root for a little kid who runs around saying (bundle of twigs) and (female dog) like he thinks he's constantly in a tarantino movie.

so many vids, i'm sure. watched way too many hours of livestream...
also, if apex has decent melee turnout i might ust go to CT like 2 weeks early before school starts. who would be willing to let me chill with them/house me for that time period if i came to CT? i wouldn't need to mooch anything financially :D

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Good **** to Hbox, but I couldn't believe how fast the hype subsided after losers finals. For SS versus Armada there was like a solid mass of bodies 15 feet deep around some random setup. People actually started a chant to have it moved to the projector.

I think the top Europeans are pretty much exactly as good as top Americans save a few obvious exceptions. Our top players are just more numerous.

Plank claimed he didn't want to give M2K and Jman special treatment but then he ended up DQ'ing them from losers because he didn't want them to mess up the losers bracket (which is still special treatment) LOL good ****.

PC Chris beat Zhu in pools. He got my hopes up then lost to Jman and PP Hax in the bracket. :(

Faab is the most brilliant troll ever in the history of Smash.

I played absolutely horrible and was really pissed at myself whenever I played for the entire weekend. At this point I'm thinking I'll probably take a looooooooooong break, but I really have no idea.

Fun tourney. This feels like the end of Melee for me in some odd way, even though I know deep down that it's nothing of the sort. Kind of hard to explain.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i feel like i'm the only one who likes hbox. playstyle is sometimes boring but i don't want to root for a little kid who runs around saying (bundle of twigs) and (female dog) like he thinks he's constantly in a tarantino movie.
if you're talking about Mango, I'll go out on a limb and say you have very little exposure to either Mango or HBox in person.

PC Chris beat Zhu in pools. He got my hopes up then lost to Jman and PP in the bracket. :(
he lost to Jesus and Aziz in bracket, no PPMD.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Oh, OK. I was sure he lost to Jman but not completely sure about LB. PP just sounded right for some reason. The reality of it is even worse though. :(

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Looking at Scar's post in Mogwai's sig (specifically the line about gay vertical kills lol) gave me a neat idea for a thought experiment.

If you could change ONE thing about Melee, what would it be? It can be a character, a move, a stage, a mechanic, anything, but it can only be ONE thing. And it has to be specific: you can say, "I'd get rid of platforms" or "I'd get rid of all platform stages" but you can't say "I'd get rid of all gay stages."

I have to think about it for a while; I don't just want to give a knee-jerk answer. Whatever I change would make a big impact on the game.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD the dino costume makes those vids transcendent
I thought so too. There are several other YT arists that do amazing work, but the costume just sells it.

Looking at Scar's post in Mogwai's sig (specifically the line about gay vertical kills lol) gave me a neat idea for a thought experiment.

If you could change ONE thing about Melee, what would it be? It can be a character, a move, a stage, a mechanic, anything, but it can only be ONE thing. And it has to be specific: you can say, "I'd get rid of platforms" or "I'd get rid of all platform stages" but you can't say "I'd get rid of all gay stages."

I have to think about it for a while; I don't just want to give a knee-jerk answer. Whatever I change would make a big impact on the game.
Get rid of crouch canceling.

-DD

Cort

Apple Head
Jam,

I would make Falcon's knee come out in one frame.

This feels like the end of Melee for me in some odd way, even though I know deep down that it's nothing of the sort. Kind of hard to explain.
Welcome to my limbo!

Also Jam, The Wire is too good. I hope you haven't seen the end of the first season yet cause your avatar keeps reminding me of one of the scenes.

Aesir

Smash Master

Phantom hits, should be hits. You have no idea how many matches I've lost because of a phantom hit.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

remove Jigglypuff is my knee jerk answer. she's taking the excitement out of tourney finals.

DD's no crouch canceling answer is actually really good IMO though. CCing is so stupid.

Phantom hits, should be hits. You have no idea how many matches I've lost because of a phantom hit.
phantom hits could also just not be hits too. either way works, it's just having a different result for hurtboxes and hitboxes making contact without overlapping is stupid.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Darc needs to step up his falcon game lol
He actually almost beat SS, it was EXTREMELY close.

Remove Jiggs.

edit- lol Wes, I didn't even watch Pound 4's grand finals. Sometimes a Jiggs in grand finals can be very exciting (Genesis proved that), but another Jiggs ditto? -_-

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I love crouch canceling.

Swap Falcon and Fox's down b.

But seriously... um I don't know.
>_> I'm tempted to make FOXKICK in BrawlBox now.

Also, don't be hating on the grand finals. Mango knew people hate jiggs dittos, he tried to play Fox first. Then got 2 stocked, said "**** it, I want some cash", and took Jiggs back up as everyone left.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Also Jam, The Wire is too good. I hope you haven't seen the end of the first season yet cause your avatar keeps reminding me of one of the scenes.
Holy **** yes I saw it!

I was literally crushed. I almost stopped watching the show after that

We just started watching season 2, and I'm really excited to see where it goes. I've heard it's great, and only gets better.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So we've got:

-No crouch canceling
-one frame Falcon Knee
-remove Jigglypuff
-reduce the roster to Falcon, DK, Ganon and Pikachu
-give Marth Roy's sword length
-no weak knee hits

Anything else?

bolt.

Smash Ace
Even when mango was fox nobody was watching grand finals. Lol.

Mogwai the videos were great for learning. Thanks.

I wouldn't get rid of anything, this game is too good.

Top Bottom