• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Monster Rancher, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Syndicate Wars, Bushido Blade, Tenchu, Symphony of the Night... I know there are others, I just can't think of any right this minute.

Honestly, I think PS1 Chrono Trigger is worse than the SNES version. The characters pretty much all look like **** in the cinematics and it has loading times... Gay.

I never had a PS2.

Also, more video game music:

SS Anubis, Sekhmet, and Mizar's Palace from Jet Force Gemini are all great.

I appreciate the F-Zero X soundtrack for how amazingly cheesy it is. Also the song titles are hilariously bad in their localization and it's probably worth checking out just for this.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
chrono trigger remake with cinematics
The load times on the PSX version were terrible and not worth the cutscenes/bonuses. There were 3-4 second pauses before each battle...in a game that was pretty **** fast-paced as far as its dungeons/fights went, that put a HUGE drag on the flow of the game.

As for the cutscenes and bonuses that were in the PSX version, they didn't really add anything to the game (outside of a vague link to Chrono Cross that had already been implied by CC itself, and a bizarre scene that wasn't fully explained until CTDS). You can alternatively get them in the DS version, and they even throw in a few free Fiendlords, all without load times.

And since I just mentioned it...

oh my god Chrono Cross' entire soundtrack.

EDIT: and while we're at it, the 2 N64 Goemon games. Their soundtracks are really fun to listen to for some reason.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
That wasn't a tipper. With his DI/percent, a tipper would've totally annihilated him.

I have gotten quite a few inverted tippers, though. They always seem to happen against Falcons for some reason...

Dylan, I think mean the entire Chrono Cross soundtrack sans the random battle theme.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Monster Rancher, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Syndicate Wars, Bushido Blade, Tenchu, Symphony of the Night... I know there are others, I just can't think of any right this minute.

Honestly, I think PS1 Chrono Trigger is worse than the SNES version. The characters pretty much all look like **** in the cinematics and it has loading times... Gay.

I never had a PS2.

Also, more video game music:

SS Anubis, Sekhmet, and Mizar's Palace from Jet Force Gemini are all great.

I appreciate the F-Zero X soundtrack for how amazingly cheesy it is. Also the song titles are hilariously bad in their localization and it's probably worth checking out just for this.
I'm a PS1 guy too. I own[ed] both systems, and I played PS1 a LOT more. Monster Rancher was frick'n brilliant...putting other discs and getting monsters...omg my friend had a PS1 game called "Here comes Mr.Domino", and it gave us a "Domino" monster. It was sick!

PS1 > PS2...although PS2 had Monster Hunter...**** now they're tied.

Wasn't a tipper, but it was still pretty dumb.
-DD

EDIT:
OH****! POFFY GOT DOUBLE CALLED OUT. SHIIIIIIIIIIIT.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
When I was playing final fantasy 8, my game froze during the cut scene where the gardens were colliding.... It kept freezing at the beginning of the cut scene .... I never played it again.

Aesir

Smash Master
You can go die in a fire because I played 8 before I played seven. Ummm FF 4 is my third favorite FF behind 8, and then 5. Its definitely one of the best ones. Cecil, yang, tellah....rydia...amazing characters. The DS remake is ****ing amazing.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:laugh:You're a ******.:laugh:

I'm destroying you.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
Its going doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn!
-DD

noodles

Smash Champion
:laugh:You're a ******.:laugh:

I'm destroying you.
you should try to be more informed on players before you make statements like that XD
Noodles I wanna do more link dittos with you, it's really fun lol.

Anyone who mains marth or peach play more against me I fail at both those matches =(
yeah they are XD. yours is better though since you know what works. i used link when i first started then never looked back haha.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i couldn't think of something interesting to say

but i wanted to continue the combo

but the guy above me broke it while i was thinking

good job

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I posted this to Mogwai and I feel I should share it with my friends in CT.

[16:32] Pakman on Crack: I decided to demote Tyler Perry from general indifference to general dislike
[16:32] Pakman on Crack: like he is terrible and not funny but so are a lot of people in the industry
[16:32] WWRDude: lol
[16:33] Pakman on Crack: but he always throws "Tyler Perry's" in front of all his titles like he is some big shot
[16:33] Pakman on Crack: so **** em
[16:36] WWRDude: lol
[16:36] WWRDude: awesome

Top Bottom