• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
gradius was soooooo hard

only things I can think of that were harder are probly contra and metal slug
My friend can practically speed run Gradius III on SNES. Hes ****ing amazing at it. I'm pretty good at the original Contras on NES. Ask Mike $. ;) My brother and I used to play that all the time.

Wow PoF your **** must be HUUUUGGGEEEE.
My NES collection? Yeah, when I was younger I used to clean up my dads office to make money and every weekend id go to Funcoland to buy a game or two. Sometimes, I stole some of the games too. It was so ****ing easy. One time I walked out with like 4 games. Two in my coat pockets and two in my jean pockets. :)

My friend Tim literally once offered me 3K...and wasn't joking. Closest thing to that was around 1500...but not anything in between 1500 and 3000.

I also forgot to add in Kid Icarus. That games amazing.

_milktea

Smash Lord
I dared Dustin to do a push up with me perched on him since his arms are hella ripped now in comparison to before.

That then resulted in this:

I don't know about you, but I found it hilarious, especially considering my height.

This was after he owned me in Smash T____T;.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I dared Dustin to do a push up with me perched on him since his arms are hella ripped now in comparison to before.

I don't know about you, but I found it hilarious, especially considering my height.

>_>...
If that your room? I think it is...since the PSP box is on your bed...or maybe that's your basement?
*confusion*

Anyways, I have my most recent Mewtwo hack video uploading to youtube right now, and I'm going to bed. G'nite CT.
-DD

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Bernard, I was wondering the same thing.

If you link me to an Wii WAD of Goldeneye or Perfect Dark than I might actually believe you.

Dazwa and SleepyK-How old are you?

I'm 21 and I grew up playing Nintendo more so than Super Nintendo.

FF 1
Double Dragon
RBI Baseball
Battle toads
Contra
Duck Hunt
Super Mario Brothers Series
Rad Racer
Metroid
Castlevania
Tetris
Crystalis
1942 and 1943
Legend of Zelda
Gradius
Donkey Kong
TMNT 1 and 3
Mega Man 1-6
Kung Fu
Star Soldier
Rampage
Shadowgate
Tecmo Bowl
Ice Hockey
Super Dodgeball
Blades Of Steel

>

Chrono Trigger
Mario Kart
Killer Instinct
Street Fighter
Gradius III
Super Metroid
Turtles In Time
Earthworm Jim
Mortal Kombat 1 and 2
Donkey Kong Country
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Mega Man X
Link To The Past
FF2
FF3
Batman Returns

SNES was awesome and I still own over 50 games for that system with ease but it didn't have the overall balance that NES had. SNES was strong with scrollers and RPG's while NES was all around strong with the zapper beating out the scope, sports games being better, RPG's being just as strong w Zelda, Shadowgate, FF 1, (FF2 and FF 3 if you're in japan) Star Tropics, and Crystalis and side scrollers being good too with mega man, contra, double dragon, battletoads, and gradius.

I don't know. I guess maybe its just because of my past and my memories w the system? I stillt hink NES will always be the most fun system to ever play with anyone. period.

I've had friends offer me for up to 3,000 dollars for my entire NES collection with the system (which exceeds over 250 games) and to date no one has offered me anything for my snes collection let alone any single game. The only game that I would probably want to add to my snes collection would be Chrono Trigger.
I'm 22 and I grew up playing SNES. I definitely had a NES as a young kid, but the SNES was the first console I REALLY played the **** out of.

There are some pretty serious omissions from both lists. Secret of Mana comes to mind along with Punch Out!!

I think it's worth nothing that Street Fighter II Turbo for the SNES is an arcade-perfect port. Fighting games for the NES, on the other hand, are virtually nonexistent.

There's no accounting for taste, but if we're comparing the two consoles apples to apples, the SNES wins hands down for the simple fact that its improved specs allow for greater variety of gameplay. I'm sorry, but games like Super Metroid simply cannot exist with the limitations of the NES.

Honestly, we should all just try to appreciate the two consoles for their own unique merits. NES games on the whole were suicide-inducingly difficult and nobody can take that away.

Kudos for acknowledging that you have your biases just like everybody else and for defending yourself without resorting to insults.

Also, River City Ransom for the ****ing win.

And wow. $3000? I'd do that **** in a heartbeat.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I don't know I kind of agree with POF. The thing I liked about like all NES games was that they were all pretty easy to just pick up and play. You didn't have a lot of games with save systems and complicated mechanics. Most of them involved continues and having to start the game over if you died enough. As time goes on single player games have gotten easier and more forgiving to accommodate the increase in casual gaming.

My friends used to call me over to beat a hard part of a game. I miss that.

Also, there apparently never needed to be any storyline for a NES game. Hell the game rarely had to make sense. One of my favorite games was called Guardian Legend (which did suffer from the horrific password flaw that many NES games had). The game starts as a vertical space shooter and then you're space ship turns into a person with like no explanation. But it was still mega-fun. Fun > Story or at least it should be.

Also, Crystalis was AWESOME.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
If you link me to an Wii WAD of Goldeneye or Perfect Dark than I might actually believe you.

Dazwa and SleepyK-How old are you?

I'm 21 and I grew up playing Nintendo more so than Super Nintendo.

FF 1
Double Dragon
RBI Baseball
Battle toads
Contra
Duck Hunt
Super Mario Brothers Series
Rad Racer
Metroid
Castlevania
Tetris
Crystalis
1942 and 1943
Legend of Zelda
Gradius
Donkey Kong
TMNT 1 and 3
Mega Man 1-6
Kung Fu
Star Soldier
Rampage
Shadowgate
Tecmo Bowl
Ice Hockey
Super Dodgeball
Blades Of Steel

>

Chrono Trigger
Mario Kart
Killer Instinct
Street Fighter
Gradius III
Super Metroid
Turtles In Time
Earthworm Jim
Mortal Kombat 1 and 2
Donkey Kong Country
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Mega Man X
Link To The Past
FF2
FF3
Batman Returns

SNES was awesome and I still own over 50 games for that system with ease but it didn't have the overall balance that NES had. SNES was strong with scrollers and RPG's while NES was all around strong with the zapper beating out the scope, sports games being better, RPG's being just as strong w Zelda, Shadowgate, FF 1, (FF2 and FF 3 if you're in japan) Star Tropics, and Crystalis and side scrollers being good too with mega man, contra, double dragon, battletoads, and gradius.

I don't know. I guess maybe its just because of my past and my memories w the system? I stillt hink NES will always be the most fun system to ever play with anyone. period.

I've had friends offer me for up to 3,000 dollars for my entire NES collection with the system (which exceeds over 250 games) and to date no one has offered me anything for my snes collection let alone any single game. The only game that I would probably want to add to my snes collection would be Chrono Trigger.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zNc...com/user/FanOfBats&feature=player_profilepage

AMAZING.
I'd also take the $3000, considering how much you repeatedly state you have all those games emulated anyways. Or is it more of a nostalgia thing?

Also, your age-math does not work out. If you are 21, I'm assuming you were born in 1988. Also assuming that you weren't some child prodigy, one starts properly playing games (especially of that era of harder games) around age 5 or 6 right? That would take you a year or two into the life of the SNES at your earliest game playing age, and 2 years away from the release of the 64. So I don't see how you could grow up with the NES as your primary nostalgic system unless you or your parents made a conscious decision back then to only get the old system.
Meanwhile, I am almost 29 and was 5 when the NES was released (6 for the true wide release). I had an Atari that I played the **** out of before then. Seeing Super Mario Bros. at a friend's sleepover for the first time in 1986 was like having God high-five me.
All that said, I can still say Super Nintendo was better. Some of my top 10 games of all time are on the NES but you really can't compare Zelda 1 and 2 and (****ing) Shadowgate to Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. Same with Metroid vs Super Metroid. Same with Castlevania vs Super Castlevania. (though of course there is an argument there that without the innovative predecessors the sequels/remakes/whatever wouldn't exist)
I will give you Mega Man, though. Nothing beats Mega Man 2.

*shrug* Guess it's just about taste mixed with a heady dose of nostalgia. Are there any Genesis apologists in here?

Sooooooooooo much sexual tensionnnnnnnnnnnnn arrrrrrrrr
:p

District 9 blew my **** away holy ****

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I would argue that you're an idiot but it wouldn't really be an argument since you're just wrong so there's nothing to argue about.

<3

I love that I have the purple pranked! name but kept my awesome beats small children title. anyone who wants an awesome title should basically hang out in the picture thread.

edit: not that crystalis is bad. it's actually similar to LttP, only with worse graphics, music, gameplay and story.
edit edit: which can be explained by the console BUT STILL I MEAN COME ON LISTEN TO THIS **** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-kqzc4gcnw

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Are there any Genesis apologists in here?
*slowly raises hand*

lol that was my first system and I played the living hell out of it. I had the most fun with the first Sonic, Sonic&Knuckles, and Tiny Toon Adventures (it was waaaay harder than it looks holy ****). I had several other games like Eccho, which I didn't particularly like, but played a bunch anyway. As much as I liked the Genesis, N64 will always be my favorite childhood system.

edit: not that crystalis is bad. it's actually similar to LttP, only with worse graphics, music, gameplay and story.
edit edit: which can be explained by the console BUT STILL I MEAN COME ON LISTEN TO THIS **** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-kqzc4gcnw
LISTEN TO THIS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ErE4l1EKM

47 seconds in, one of my favorite musical openings to any game. It's the very first game I purchased for my Game Boy.

noodles

Smash Champion
im gonna hate you two for along time if this makes me start playing ffx again XD. so much time is gonna get thrown away haha

thumbswayup

Smash Master
rofl a friend of mine has wanted me to speed run the game with him lol which I honestly think is impossible because of lack of training. The enemies get too strong if you don't train a lot in certain areas.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I'm 22 and I grew up playing SNES. I definitely had a NES as a young kid, but the SNES was the first console I REALLY played the **** out of.

There are some pretty serious omissions from both lists. Secret of Mana comes to mind along with Punch Out!!

I think it's worth nothing that Street Fighter II Turbo for the SNES is an arcade-perfect port. Fighting games for the NES, on the other hand, are virtually nonexistent.

There's no accounting for taste, but if we're comparing the two consoles apples to apples, the SNES wins hands down for the simple fact that its improved specs allow for greater variety of gameplay. I'm sorry, but games like Super Metroid simply cannot exist with the limitations of the NES.

Honestly, we should all just try to appreciate the two consoles for their own unique merits. NES games on the whole were suicide-inducingly difficult and nobody can take that away.

Kudos for acknowledging that you have your biases just like everybody else and for defending yourself without resorting to insults.

Also, River City Ransom for the ****ing win.

And wow. $3000? I'd do that **** in a heartbeat.
I have River City Ransom and Super Punch Out. I ran through it in 15 minutes before I headed down to Mattdotzebs last time. It's amazing. Thing is, I know that in time my NES Collection will be in fact worht more $$$ because I'm still adding to it and it took me sooooooo long to get all those games. On top of that I know that as soon as I get the $ and spend it....I'll just want my nintendo back.

I don't know I kind of agree with POF. The thing I liked about like all NES games was that they were all pretty easy to just pick up and play. You didn't have a lot of games with save systems and complicated mechanics. Most of them involved continues and having to start the game over if you died enough. As time goes on single player games have gotten easier and more forgiving to accommodate the increase in casual gaming.

My friends used to call me over to beat a hard part of a game. I miss that.

Also, there apparently never needed to be any storyline for a NES game. Hell the game rarely had to make sense. One of my favorite games was called Guardian Legend (which did suffer from the horrific password flaw that many NES games had). The game starts as a vertical space shooter and then you're space ship turns into a person with like no explanation. But it was still mega-fun. Fun > Story or at least it should be.

Also, Crystalis was AWESOME.
Crystalis was the ****ing **** and I just recently started to play that again. NES was a much easier system to dedicate yourself to and just pick up and play. The original Zelda IMO is still the best Zelda ever made. Its soooo fun and the sound of when you get a new item is amazing.

I'd also take the $3000, considering how much you repeatedly state you have all those games emulated anyways. Or is it more of a nostalgia thing?

Also, your age-math does not work out. If you are 21, I'm assuming you were born in 1988. Also assuming that you weren't some child prodigy, one starts properly playing games (especially of that era of harder games) around age 5 or 6 right? That would take you a year or two into the life of the SNES at your earliest game playing age, and 2 years away from the release of the 64. So I don't see how you could grow up with the NES as your primary nostalgic system unless you or your parents made a conscious decision back then to only get the old system.
Meanwhile, I am almost 29 and was 5 when the NES was released (6 for the true wide release). I had an Atari that I played the **** out of before then. Seeing Super Mario Bros. at a friend's sleepover for the first time in 1986 was like having God high-five me.
All that said, I can still say Super Nintendo was better. Some of my top 10 games of all time are on the NES but you really can't compare Zelda 1 and 2 and (****ing) Shadowgate to Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. Same with Metroid vs Super Metroid. Same with Castlevania vs Super Castlevania. (though of course there is an argument there that without the innovative predecessors the sequels/remakes/whatever wouldn't exist)
I will give you Mega Man, though. Nothing beats Mega Man 2.

*shrug* Guess it's just about taste mixed with a heady dose of nostalgia. Are there any Genesis apologists in here?
I have a Sega Genesis too.

I have like 20-25 games maybe including Aladdin, Zectorman, Mortal Kombat II, Beavis and Butthead, oh and MICHAEL JACKSONS MOONWALKER WITH THE CASE. IMO, Sega is one of the worst companies if not the worst for gaming. The only thing they did that was a breakthrough was the Gamegear which I also have. LOL. NBA Jam on that is ****ing amazing. I think that I generally appreciate the originals of any game more so than the newer versions because they are just purely classics.

Oh yeah, and as a kid I found all my brothers old NES games and was always more interested in playing NES because he would always talk about how his NES broke on him. I always wanted to get a new nes to try the system out and play his games such as Kung Fu, Rampage, Bad Dudes, and Tetris because they looked realy fun. Finally, my mom bought us the top loader at Toys R Us one day for Christmas when they re released the rare top loader and from then on I decided to start collecting games. I played NES more as a kid but I also devoted time to keeping up to date with the SNES nearly equally as much. NES was more fun for me.

I would argue that Crystalis is as good or better then Link to the past.
I think LTTP is overrated. Its a GREAT RPG but its not as amazing as everyone says it is.

Better RPGS-

Secret of Mana
FF 2 on snes
FF 3 on snes
FF 7
Chrono Trigger
Golden Sun
FF 8
Crystalis (I agree w pakman)
Ocarina of Time
original Zelda
Links Awakening.

Everyone's all time favorite VG song/music? You can only pick one.
hardest thing I ever had to answer?????? Hardly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avPSzGVCPH0&feature=PlayList&p=9D7E57804A33E752&index=0

Heaviest ****ing video game song I've ever heard to date. For SNES this soundtrack was sooooo ahead of its time.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
my golden age of gaming was DEF genesis(end half) and n64(all dat ****).

I liked NES and SNES alot but I never owned a SNES and with NES I never really got that many games. plus I feel like I was too young to appreciate the games for what they rly were(tetris being an example). In that respect N64 is my golden Era where I really started to understand games on a different level. I love that streak where the N64 seemed like it could NOT release a bad title on the mainstream. holy **** it has to be one of the most prolific mainstream runs in gaming.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
The only later LOZ game I found close to comparing to the original was Ocarina of Time.

Majoras-horrible
Wind Waker-different, but not even close.
Twilight princess-LOL
Links awakening-amazing, but i had more fun with original
Adventures of link-ummmm no. I have this as well of course.
LTTP-loved, but not the best.
Ocarina-definitely the second best

I just love the audio, bombing the walls, the way ganon looks, the three swords you get, the outfits, the guys who take your money, the immediate second quest zelda trick which to this day I have never beaten the second quest.

Its just got the classic audio and to me its a deeper game than any of the other zelda. North west south west to get to the 5th dungeon? The faeries on the map who heal you? The hidden hearts? The raft! The ladder! its sooooooo deep and it was ssoooooo ahead of its time.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
FFX is a great game overall. The music is spectacular.

Forest Temple > Water Temple

you know what, all the other temples were better. **** I ****ing hate that temple so much

Star Fox 64 is ****ing amazing

Top Bottom