• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I agree with cogsmooch. we'll just ask Dazwa and go with what he says.

i get the feeling it'll involve special ops.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Pak daddy

I actually said oh girl the other day for no apparent reason.

Then resumed my normal every day activities with a slightly larger *****.

Which given the size of it already was rather uncomfortable.

Therefore I'm filing suit against you.

Sorry man.

SleepyK

what is the correct usage for "Oh Girl!"?
I want to make sure I've been using it correctly.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
John: It's just "oh my god" with the "god" replaced with "girl."

Or how about if an amazing Falcon reads them perfectly they won't stand a chance? Not just stage dependant, PLAYER dependant, thus the beauty of Melee.
I don't really care enough to reply to the rest of your post, but this is just too dumb to ignore. I'm pretty sure I could beat M2K with Bowser if I could "read him perfectly."

I know you're a Falcon player, so I'll assume you know how badly Fox ***** him.

Yeah, Fox can shine spike gimp all the characters, but guess what? You can come back to life and zero to death them and even it back up!
Or they could gimp/0-death you again and extend their lead even further. Man, Fox obviously should be banned.

I don't feel like quoting more posts, but LOL @ Aesir thinking he has any understanding of high-level Brawl or Melee and LOL @ people still thinking MK is even remotely close to as good as ST Akuma.

There are plenty of fighting games where the best character has no unfavorable matchups or all favorable matchups. You guys need to do some research.

And for the record, I think Brawl would be a hell of a lot more fun without MK. But I don't think that's a good reason to want him banned.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Dave *****, its why we love each other.

Also Mango your combo video was very entertaining but the best part was definitely PoFs post where he *****ed at you for your Lillian quote.

***** gettin mad defensive over **** he can't mack on. Just add that to the list of names

**** quit life.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
And for the record, I think Brawl would be a hell of a lot more fun with MK. But I don't think that's a good reason to want him banned.
You mean "without MK"?

Dave *****, its why we love each other.

Also Mango your combo video was very entertaining but the best part was definitely PoFs post where he *****ed at you for your Lillian quote.

***** gettin mad defensive over **** he can't mack on. Just add that to the list of names

**** quit life.
Fuuuuuuuuuuu I love you Kevin. Your failed prank call yesterday made my day.

Look at those 3 RI posts in a row. ****.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
oh girl is just a generic exclamation. if you would say wow or jeez or something along those lines, you can interchange oh girl for it. it can also be used as a verb to describe comboing someone, typically with Luigi (a recent development, i.e. "I'm going to go to that scrub tourney and oh girl the **** out of everyone there")

oh my girl literally translates directly to English's oh my god.

what the girl literally translates directly to English's what the hell.

GOTM

Smash Champion
oh girl is just a generic exclamation. if you would say wow or jeez or something along those lines, you can interchange oh girl for it. it can also be used as a verb to describe comboing someone, typically with Luigi (a recent development, i.e. "I'm going to go to that scrub tourney and oh girl the **** out of everyone there")

lol. wesley your funny.

GOTM

Smash Champion
SCOTMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

we need to get the bros back together again and be idiots :p
I agree. We should watch "Wedding Crashers" again, ha. Maybe you will laugh at a single joke this time :laugh:

And what was that "South Park" line that we cracked up about for like an entire 3 days?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer

History of Oh Girl!

Creator is Matt Trip, a local to Sharon Hill PA and a pretty intense gamer.

Original usage is one of surprise or astonishment. It can also be used to audibly express impending doom. eg. you are offstage without a jump and Falcon is flying off stage after you is an appropriate "Oh Girl" moment.

I took it upon myself to adopt said phrase and thus brought it into the community.

On a fateful trip to Pittburgh, Oh Girl was taken by Mogwai and the potential for permutations was found in the phrase "What the girl!?"

Since then exclamations along the lines of "Oh My Girl (OMGirl), Holy Girl!, Where/What/How the girl?, Shut the girl up, and Girl Oh" have arisen.

I couldn't think of a clever or original name for my combo video so I used the phrase that had become attached to my name which even furthered its prevalence.

I have tried to drop the phrase several times but it is way to ingrained in my personality at this point.

SleepyK

thanks a lot, guys.
i've been using it correctly!

zomg @ gif

so good

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
the characers that he "counter picks" arent even that bad of a match up where the other player has no means to win. most characters that he does wreck are characters that wouldnt be tournament viable even with his ban.
MKs counterpicks will still always be an uphill battle.

This is concluded from factual data. Just as the thread said thanks to brawl+ frame data on everything MK tells us
that he is pretty much broken. When most of his moves come out on ten frames it tells you something.

pockyD

Smash Legend
wow i can't believe i missed this opportunity to argue about something i don't care about yet be completely right against people who have been playing the game intensively for a year and a half and are just whiny because they're not good

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
wow i can't believe i missed this opportunity to argue about something i don't care about yet be completely right against people who have been playing the game intensively for a year and a half and are just whiny because they're not good
Yeah I can't believe it either.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Also in regards to Aesir's post, your right theory really does not work when trying
to debate ones point but I beleive I have proven myself enough in the brawl
community with a Mid tier character to make a valid stand point.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
God guys if you quote Pocky I actually have to his posts, that defeats the purpose of me trying to enjoy the CT Thread.

Rofl its like brawl I just ban **** I don't like

broken or not.

Edit: Thanks Darcie Poo

pockyD

Smash Legend
God guys if you quote Pocky I actually have to his posts, that defeats the purpose of me trying to enjoy the CT Thread.

Rofl its like brawl I just ban **** I don't like

broken or not.

Edit: Thanks Darcie Poo
well if you guys go back to talking about what costumes to wear while watching cartoons, i probably won't post

_milktea

Smash Lord
I officially hate the lolita show.

The show starts 5:30PM Friday.

Guess what?

I have to be there and made-up by 10:30AM.

That means I can't dress up. Or cosplay.

Fantastic.

Oh the worst part is...they won't let me wear eyeliner. I think at least.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I officially hate the lolita show.

The show starts 5:30PM Friday.

Guess what?

I have to be there and made-up by 10:30AM.

That means I can't dress up. Or cosplay.

Fantastic.

Oh the worst part is...they won't let me wear eyeliner. I think at least.
o.O But with boobs as big as yours eyeliner should be the least of their problems when trying to make everything loli.
They should at least let you wear eyeliner.
-DD

Top Bottom