• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

noodles

Smash Champion
shugo beat overswarms mk with sonic twice

and m2k almost lost a set to malcoms sonic

noodles

Smash Champion
its not sonic but tyrant lost to ness, who is 2 tiers lower than sonic on the tier list.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Me and noodles convo on phone:

"Hey, did you vote?"

"Yeah."

"Whatd you vote?"

"I voted no."

"Why?"

"Because I dont want to main Snake."

You know Meta Knight is stupid. Stop defending a character you once "despised" when you mained R.O.B.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Personally all the brawl players I have played with are around the same level. This is also noting that I am using a dead middle character (Fox) What does this mean in general? That means the MKs I go mostly even with in the region would lose if I so decided to main MK and practice for less then a week.

Yeah, theres something wrong with that picture.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Personally all the brawl players I have played with are around the same level. This is also noting that I am using a dead middle character (Fox) What does this mean in general? That means the MKs I go mostly even with in the region would lose if I so decided to main MK and practice for less then a week.

Yeah, theres something wrong with that picture.
Theory fighting!

You'll be good at it!

Smooth Criminal

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it isn't. what're pikachu's bad matchups in 64? what're fox/shiek/falco's bad matchups in Melee? what's the difference with Metaknight? he has a number of evenish matchups, right? so how is that different from the previous best characters in the older smash games?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
MOGWAI YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE INTRICACIES OF BRAWL CLEARLY YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE YOUR OPINION DIFFERS FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S

btw i'm uploading what HERB 2 matches i have.
if you went, help me out! I've only identified like 11/40 so far.

Aesir

Smash Master
it isn't. what're pikachu's bad matchups in 64? what're fox/shiek/falco's bad matchups in Melee? what's the difference with Metaknight? he has a number of evenish matchups, right? so how is that different from the previous best characters in the older smash games?
Fox/Falco/Sheik You do realize all three of those **** one another too right? Or the fact that in Melee knowing the match up often means more then the match up it's self.

MK has like two even match ups, Snake and IC. (Or last I checked that is.)

In melee the top 5 **** each other, with the high tiers having very good match ups against various top tiers. In brawl you either play MK or Snake, Snake has some pretty bad match ups, where as MK the most you can hope for is going even.

MOGWAI YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE INTRICACIES OF BRAWL CLEARLY YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT YOU'RE WRONG BECAUSE YOUR OPINION DIFFERS FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S
Oh darn, you caught me in my trickery haven't you!

noodles

Smash Champion
Me and noodles convo on phone:

"Hey, did you vote?"

"Yeah."

"Whatd you vote?"

"I voted no."

"Why?"

"Because I dont want to main Snake."

You know Meta Knight is stupid. Stop defending a character you once "despised" when you mained R.O.B.
i mained rob. mk ***** rob

IcyLight

Smash Lord
you do know the main reason mk is being banned, a difference from any other fighter, is that he has not a single matchup not in his advantage. he counterpicks every character in the game, and out of 36 characters, that is rediculous. he also breaks the stage counterpicking system, whereas every chracter has at least 1 bad stage, mk fails yet again at being normal where every stage is good for him

you guys should try playing a decent mk in brawl, or a smart player who has never used mk and then see what you think about the issue

noodles

Smash Champion
the characers that he "counter picks" arent even that bad of a match up where the other player has no means to win. most characters that he does wreck are characters that wouldnt be tournament viable even with his ban.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I voted no, because the whole argument is based on opinion.

When PockyD and I were arguing about wobbling in melee, he brought up the topic of arbitrary criteria for the ban. Meaning - if you want to ban a character or technique, you would need a standard rule or criteria that would apply to the every character and technique in the game.

Banning a character because some people want you too is not a good enough reason. Considering he is already in the competitive scene, and as far as I have heard tournament attendance is still really good. If this poll thing is seriously their criteria for banning, I would be upset. I think you would need a fair amount more than 50% saying yes for that to even be a slightly valid reason.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I voted no, because the whole argument is based on opinion.

When PockyD and I were arguing about wobbling in melee, he brought up the topic of arbitrary criteria for the ban. Meaning - if you want to ban a character or technique, you would need a standard rule or criteria that would apply to the every character and technique in the game.

Banning a character because some people want you too is not a good enough reason. Considering he is already in the competitive scene, and as far as I have heard tournament attendance is still really good. If this poll thing is seriously their criteria for banning, I would be upset. I think you would need a fair amount more than 50% saying yes for that to even be a slightly valid reason.
you don't know anything about the argument then. you do know it is 2/3 majority based on the SBR and that this public poll is only 10% of the actual votes by the SBR, meaning we barely get any say as a community.

you should try playing brawl before you vote on a brawl poll

also, the major argument is that mk fits the "ban criteria", the reason we ban items, stages, and techniques, is because they all fit that criteria, why should mk be any different? =/

Laijin

Smash Hero
you do know the main reason mk is being banned, a difference from any other fighter, is that he has not a single matchup not in his advantage. he counterpicks every character in the game, and out of 36 characters, that is rediculous. he also breaks the stage counterpicking system, whereas every chracter has at least 1 bad stage, mk fails yet again at being normal where every stage is good for him

you guys should try playing a decent mk in brawl, or a smart player who has never used mk and then see what you think about the issue
Magneto in MvC2 pretty much counters every character in the game, and thats waay more than brawl could ever dream of having. He has a significant advantage over just about every character in the game.
I'll name a few other characters that are quite similar:
Karas from TvC2
Eddie from Guilty Gear(Although Guilty Gear is extremely balanced, Eddie is clearly the best character in the game. He has strings that lead up to 3 unblockable attacks and pretty much destroys most of the game).
Chun Li from Third Strike. Clearly she has an advantage over every character in the game. Some of her match ups go as far as 8-2, which is just ridiculous.

In other words, all fighting games will always have a character that is just clearly better than the rest of the cast.

Your argument is stupid and just makes you look like a fighting game scrub. Go play a real fighting game. Banning MK just because he is the best character in the game just simply proves that anyone who agrees with that is ****ing ********.
I'm not trying to flame anyone, but its simply the truth.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Magneto in MvC2 pretty much counters every character in the game, and thats waay more than brawl could ever dream of having. He has a significant advantage over just about every character in the game.
I'll name a few other characters that are quite similar:
Karas from TvC2
Eddie from Guilty Gear(Although Guilty Gear is extremely balanced, Eddie is clearly the best character in the game. He has strings that lead up to 3 unblockable attacks and pretty much destroys most of the game).
Chun Li from Third Strike. Clearly she has an advantage over every character in the game. Some of her match ups go as far as 8-2, which is just ridiculous.

In other words, all fighting games will always have a character that is just clearly better than the rest of the cast.

Your argument is stupid and just makes you look like a fighting game scrub. Go play a real fighting game. Banning MK just because he is the best character in the game just simply proves that anyone who agrees with that is ****ing ********.
I'm not trying to flame anyone, but its simply the truth.

ok, every game has a bad character, and if they are truly that bad then they ban them, like akuma in SF2alpha

the other games you mentioned, they were beatable, look at the brawl ankoku rating list

MK--1223.9 (6x more than falco)
Snake--753.9(3.9x more than falco)
Falco--207.1 (3rd on the tier list)

this means every other character is greater than 6x worse than metaknight, with the exception of snake, who can actually be beaten. Other fighting games have their broken characters, but it's not that unreasonable compared to Akuma or Metaknight, in which a ban is needed

reason pikachu not banned in ssb64? well, the fact like everyone in the **** game has a 0-death

Fox in melee? Well, fox was pretty gay but he was beatable by everyone else in the top tier. in melee there are great characters that can win, but at least they can go even with each other

and now brawl, if you compare it to melee, mk is both fox falco sheik and marth in one character, fast, good range, very good priority, perfect recovery, why the hell is mk in brawl? he allows combos in a game that isn't supposed to have combos(according to you melee who never play brawl in a competitive scene), so that even goes against what you guys are saying

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
you don't know anything about the argument then. you do know it is 2/3 majority based on the SBR and that this public poll is only 10% of the actual votes by the SBR, meaning we barely get any say as a community.

you should try playing brawl before you vote on a brawl poll

also, the major argument is that mk fits the "ban criteria", the reason we ban items, stages, and techniques, is because they all fit that criteria, why should mk be any different? =/
I have played Brawl and I don't see what the big deal is. There are top tiers in every game.

I have been playing in several different video game communities since I was 14 years old. I have seen what discussions like this can do to a gaming community. (see Devil discussions from Tekken Tag)

I don't see the tournament evidence that MK is so dominant. Not every tournament is won by an MK player including Genesis.

If M2K played another character, I bet he would still get top placing at all the tournaments. Top players normally play top tier characters. MK is the best character.

I cannot support the banning of MK. Simply because I have seen what stuff like this does to a community, banning MK would be BAD for Brawl in general.

As of now, there aren't many people who are not going to tournaments because MK is allowed. People still go. If they ban MK and tournaments start adopting that, I assure you there will be plenty of people who don't go.

Banning MK is bad for the community.

And as Laijin said, there have always been overpowered characters at the top of every game. Brawl is no different.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I have played Brawl and I don't see what the big deal is. There are top tiers in every game.

I have been playing in several different video game communities since I was 14 years old. I have seen what discussions like this can do to a gaming community. (see Devil discussions from Tekken Tag)

I don't see the tournament evidence that MK is so dominant. Not every tournament is won by an MK player including Genesis.

If M2K played another character, I bet he would still get top placing at all the tournaments. Top players normally play top tier characters. MK is the best character.

I cannot support the banning of MK. Simply because I have seen what stuff like this does to a community, banning MK would be BAD for Brawl in general.

As of now, there aren't many people who are not going to tournaments because MK is allowed. People still go. If they ban MK and tournaments start adopting that, I assure you there will be plenty of people who don't go.

Banning MK is bad for the community.

And as Laijin said, there have always been overpowered characters at the top of every game. Brawl is no different.
meh, i guess your opinion is said then

noodles

Smash Champion
honestly whether or not they decide to "ban" metaknight sbr doesnt have any influence on most people anyways. theres already been mk banned tournaments and no one is stopping people from making more.this said i havent played brawl for about a month and with work once school starts and getting better at melee i dont really see myself playing brawl since ill
be getting paid. have fun camping your snakes

edit:@ cogsmooch http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=29020
dazwa endorse anti ban. that way, people will follow!

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I need to see more Kurosawa films, I seriously love them.

I'm also very terrified I might accidently say no johns to my boss for a random reason one day. Or maybe when he asks why my production level was low this week I'll tell him I was sandbagging.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Yeah im in some typing class.. im done with my work lol

go watch my combo video!!!

!!!!!!!!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
looool the best part was when i put the picture of u and me

then the guy did that cool noise

<33 lol

Top Bottom