• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Why would soccer moms pay for a 360 or PS3 when they either A) already own a Wii or B) could buy a Wii for much cheaper than either one of those?

Fox is dumb I hate him.

But playing as him is fun. Even though I'm bad.
Because the Soccer mom's kids already have a 360 and she wants to enjoy it too.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Nothing in melee feels better than killing a fox. One match I played against AOI on Yoshi's I started on the top platform and him below me. He immediately jumped up and I downsmashed for like 50%. I then fell through and baired him and he died. I then had a boner.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Even =/= a vulnerability. I mean, if you just wanna talk matchups, I'd argue that Falco's matchups are similar in that he doesn't have any that are worse than even.

I was also more referring to the fact that he's stupid fast, has a godly grab game, can gimp everyone @ 0%, has an unpunishable KO move that is equally effective from everywhere on the stage and kills most of the cast around 100% and can be done out of his stupidly fast dash and can be comboed into from his stupid ****ing grab game, has a 1 frame cancelable attack that makes him capable of pressuring shields with aerials and btw combos into that stupid grab game on the vast majority of the cast and has multiple good options while recovering.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I'm the hottest member of the CT thread recently though. I'm an up and coming monster that will be cracking the top ten like nobody's bizness.

I have 187 posts in the last month, which is even moar that other top performers this month Cog (170), Thumbs (133) and Noodles (105). No one else even had over 100 posts in the past month.

Aesir

Smash Master

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, I think it requires a more formal definition to actually start talking about what is and isn't trolling. and that saps all the fun out of it. as a sort of random abstract though, it's fun to talk about trolling.

and your welcome for my ally oop

EDIT: lol @ Swift trolling Genesis thread

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Let's talk about the most disappointing films you've seen. Mine are:

Miami Vice
Spider-man 3
Pirates 2&3
War of the Worlds
Unforgiven
Flags of our Fathers

and there's a ton more that I can't think of at the moment.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
X-men 3 was pretty bad. The second one was very good. Sooo entertaining.

I liked A History of Violence somewhat. Then again, I probably didn't have as high expectations as you did for it.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
X-Men 3
The Hulk (the non Ed Norton one)
The Matrix 2 & 3
Star Wars ep. 1 & 3 - I was content with 2.

Edit: The last few M. Night Shamylan(sp?) movies

thumbswayup

Smash Master
THANK YOU PAKMAN I had entirely forgotten about the Matrix films. Reloaded was sooo bad. Revolutions won't make my list though because I expected absolutely nothing from it after seeing the 2nd film.

Attack of the Clones also makes my list. Horrible trash, only good scene in the entire movie was Yoda's fight at the end.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
well, I mostly just hated a History of Violence. I dunno, it just missed on everything for me. I agree with Pakman's list except I was not content with SWEp2.

EDIT: @Thumbs there is nothing cool about Yoda fighting. I know that I'm very much alone with this opinion, but I think the Yoda fight scene was horrendous and I would've much rather never see the little ****er flipping around with a lightsabre.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i thought SW ep 3 was really pretty good (obviously with the standard anakin hate set aside)

hard to say whether it's simply because it was such a giant step up from ep1/2 though

edit: oh, and ocean's 12 tops my disappointing list. though at least it had 'ah, the laser fields'

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Well after the first one, I thought the second one was at least a step in the right direction.

Basically a movie disappoints me when it completely doesn't meet my expectations. After ep. 1 completely sucked, I didn't have too much riding on ep. 2 and it was at least mildly entertaining, and didn't leave such a bad taste in my mouth. It is nowhere near one of my favorite movies, but it did moderately claim my attention without pissing me off.

And I thought SW ep 3 had a lot of potential in developing Anakin's turn to the dark side (higher expectations). After watching the movie I really didn't feel like the way the character developed from sp. 1 through ep. 3 really allowed for him to so easily turn to the dark side.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
well, I mostly just hated a History of Violence. I dunno, it just missed on everything for me. I agree with Pakman's list except I was not content with SWEp2.

EDIT: @Thumbs there is nothing cool about Yoda fighting. I know that I'm very much alone with this opinion, but I think the Yoda fight scene was horrendous and I would've much rather never see the little ****er flipping around with a lightsabre.
The Yoda fight scene was cool to me, but let's not let that take our attention away from the fact that ep 2 was a total disaster.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Am I cool like the rest of you fancy movie-quoting people?

Top Bottom