• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'll make it for you post work when I can snag the vid of youtube. in fact, if you want to make sure I do it, just link me to a youtube vid of it with what segment you want by like 6ish.

@Thumbs, I played through them and enjoyed them, but like, I dunno, having a challenge is what'll make me play a single player mode through again.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i loved mario galaxy

Steve Carrell was horrible in Anchorman, are you kidding me? He was the worst part of that movie. He was good in 40 year old virgin which was only good the first time you watch it and also in The Office....other than that hes pretty bad. I mean he's funny...but nothing epic.
is it weird that this guy disagreeing with me only reaffirms my opinion

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah, replay value is always a good thing.

I loved Golden Sun. I've beaten four or so times when I was a lot younger. And I'd play it again right now, that's how good that game is. I sadly never played the seond one :(

edit-

is it weird that this guy disagreeing with me only reaffirms my opinion
That's the funniest thing you've ever posted

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
The only game in the past like half decade that has challenged me on a Nintendo system has been Contra 4 for the DS. I miss continues.

As far as replay value goes, Dead Space, The Force Unleashed, MGS4 and probably inFamous are the only recent single player games that I actually plan on playing again.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Mario Galaxy 2 looked like MG1, copy and pasted the engine with new levels, oh, and Yoshi.

With that said, I'll probably play and enjoy it, but I hope they don't expect me to
do any Luigi levels
again >_>

I'm liking NSMBWii though, because I really liked Four Swords <_<

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Mario Galaxy 2 looked like MG1, copy and pasted the engine with new levels, oh, and Yoshi.

With that said, I'll probably play and enjoy it, but I hope they don't expect me to do any Luigi levels again >_>
I got all the stars in Mario Galaxy
With Mario and Luigi. Come on how could I not play through with Luigi.
and there were one or two pretty tough levels.

megaman 9 was a challenge to me
I forgot about that one. I beat it my first run through only using the mbuster. It was quite difficult.

pockyD

Smash Legend
That's the funniest thing you've ever posted
hard to believe you've followed me around and read all my 8000+ posts

I perfected the final boss of Galaxy on the first try, sorry, but that's bull****. I'm not that good at video games. I shouldn't be able to **** your final boss without getting hit on the first try...
i feel like that's oversimplifying; the final boss never makes or breaks a game for me... a lot of the stage designs in mario galaxy were absolutely amazing, and that's what sticks in my head

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Dazwa, Yoshi is a big deal. Like, have you seen how cute that muther****er is? it's not even fair!

Well, yes, it's an oversimplification, but it wraps up my gripes with the game into a nice little anecdote. Level design was cool but never asked much of me as a gamer (aside from the like, lava 8-bit Mario/Luigi stars on the toy world, which were mildly challenging).

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
MOGWAI said:
I perfected the final boss of Galaxy on the first try, sorry, but that's bull****. I'm not that good at video games. I shouldn't be able to **** your final boss without getting hit on the first try...
i feel like that's oversimplifying; the final boss never makes or breaks a game for me... a lot of the stage designs in mario galaxy were absolutely amazing, and that's what sticks in my head
That is a good point. Most of my favorite moments in mario games are usually just certain levels. (The shoe level in SMB3 is my favorite level in the whole franchise.) Like the boss fights are fun, but they are rarely what makes mario games challenging.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I got all the stars in Mario Galaxy
With Mario and Luigi. Come on how could I not play through with Luigi.
and there were one or two pretty tough levels.
Same here, but upon finishing all I could think was "I shouldn't have done that, that was a waste"

Dazwa, Yoshi is a big deal. Like, have you seen how cute that muther****er is? it's not even fair!
After playing against a certain New England Brawl Yoshi, I'm convinced I hate Yoshi. He's an annoying butt :mad:

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Completely agreed. I feel like breaking a game down just to its difficulty level is pretty shallow.

Edit: Daz that vs yoshi match on jungle japes just HAD to convince you even just A LITTLE that brawl was gay?

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Same here, but upon finishing all I could think was "I shouldn't have done that, that was a waste"
Yeah I get what you are saying. I did have a sense of accomplishment, but it was definitely a little too much time.

However, the greatest waste of time I ever spent was getting every single gap in Tony Hawk 2. Every. Single. One. I also played through MGS4 without being caught or killing an enemy on hard mode. That took forever.

I was really close to getting work done today, but then this thread got exciting. Good work CT thread!
I am in the same boat.

CT thread is the best.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
The greatest waste of time I ever spent on a game was capturing ten of every single monster in FF X.

Every one.

Ten.
Same ;_;

But I ended up wasting a LOT of time playing Blitzball

Which was totally worth it

DOO, DODO, DODO, DOO DOO DODO, DODO

blitzball theme is too gud :D

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
omg god of war

I think it will be one of the best games ever. Like its soooo mature and soooo badass. I mean who wants grandma and stuff to play video games anyways? God of War is refreshingly gory and its nice that I can do simply so I can enjoy is deep and totally original storyline.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
omg god of war

I think it will be one of the best games ever. Like its soooo mature and soooo badass. I mean who wants grandma and stuff to play video games anyways? God of War is refreshingly gory and its nice that I can do simply so I can enjoy is deep and totally original storyline.
Its not totally original. Its based off of Greek Mythology.... Its not that deep either. God of War is all about gameplay, and that gameplays is fantastic.

pockyD

Smash Legend
bleh, the only comparable thing i've done is catching 'em all

i don't really spend much time on 1-player games, mostly because i get frustrated so easily

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I had about 40 hours of blitzball logged before I realized that while the concept was cool, the actually system for playing blitzball in that game was pretty boring :p. I've also wasted a good deal of time getting OKish scores on Melee HRC, but it impresses all the *****es and gets them to put out at tournies, so it was well worth it.

And I think Pocky and Cog are mad shallow for completely ignoring difficulty in their analysis of Galaxy.

OK, no, I don't really, but I think it's bull**** that they're giving me **** about judging it for it's difficulty. The game was easy. I'm not saying I hated it cause it was easy, I'm saying that I didn't play it again cause it was easy. I'm not giving a review of the game, I'm talking about a particular gripe, I don't need to address what I liked about the game when I'm just talking about a particular aspect.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well you said you were bored with the game, and i feel that if so, you might have been placing too much emphasis on one part... though obviously we can't control what's 'fun' for us or what's 'boring', so if it bored you, i'm sorry to hear that

there was that one stupid speed comet with one stock with all the lava crap and the twisty mountain at the end that was incredibly annoying and hard though (and also that other speed comet on the sand place with the hole in the ground that turned you upside down)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
well you said you were bored with the game, and i feel that if so, you might have been placing too much emphasis on one part... though obviously we can't control what's 'fun' for us or what's 'boring', so if it bored you, i'm sorry to hear that

there was that one stupid speed comet with one stock with all the lava crap and the twisty mountain at the end that was incredibly annoying and hard though (and also that other speed comet on the sand place with the hole in the ground that turned you upside down)
I had trouble with the one comet that gave you 1 HP and you had to fight that rock boss.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I had about 40 hours of blitzball logged before I realized that while the concept was cool, the actually system for playing blitzball in that game was pretty boring :p. I've also wasted a good deal of time getting OKish scores on Melee HRC, but it impresses all the *****es and gets them to put out at tournies, so it was well worth it.

And I think Pocky and Cog are mad shallow for completely ignoring difficulty in their analysis of Galaxy.

OK, no, I don't really, but I think it's bull**** that they're giving me **** about judging it for it's difficulty. The game was easy. I'm not saying I hated it cause it was easy, I'm saying that I didn't play it again cause it was easy. I'm not giving a review of the game, I'm talking about a particular gripe, I don't need to address what I liked about the game when I'm just talking about a particular aspect.
Well that's the first thing you said about the game, and you pretty much said it ruined the entire thing so in that case it's not just one particular aspect.

GO WIEBE! http://www.justin.tv/g4tv_wiebecam

noodles

Smash Champion
DAMMIT

i was playing wifi and i heard final fantasy 7 so i figured it was a remake ;_:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Well that's the first thing you said about the game, and you pretty much said it ruined the entire thing so in that case it's not just one particular aspect.

Exhibit A:

galaxy was fun enough, but I'm frankly bored out of my mind with how easy Zelda and Mario games this decade have been. I mean, I always enjoy them, but I don't think I've given any of them a second playthrough since like, Ocarina...

Seems you need to get your facts straight.

I enjoyed Galaxy, but I'm tired of games having no obstacles other than time between me and the credits.

pockyD

Smash Legend
so maybe these games aren't true 'classics' like their snes (and maybe even n64) counterparts were, but as long as you enjoy the game the entire way through, i would say that it meets expectations

Top Bottom