• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

noodles

Smash Champion
get at me for getting all the states with 4:13 left?

i consider it an accomplishment anyways

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
The CT thread has never been a CT thread.

it's more like a Cool Kids Club.

It's basically the Public Backroom

ZoSo

Smash Champion
26/30 on the '90s games.

17/30 on the '80s games, but I have an unfair advantage because my girlfriend's stepdad has an arcade populated by old-school games in his basement.

Also, backtracking to movies a little bit... Big Trouble in Little China. 'Nuff said.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Big Trouble in Little China. 'Nuff said.
Word *pound*

And Cog, yes, Sofia is awful for ruining the godfather 3 and being a spoiled *****, BUT, LiT I thought was shot very well, the soundtrack was amazing, and Bill Murray(my favorite comedic actor evar!) was at his best. His subtle, dry humor is perfect to me in that movie, every nuance is just gold imo. You can't always let animosity towards a famous person affect how you judge their work, i mean 99% of them are either snobs or rich or lucky or whatever. And with 80 four star reviews from critics, i mean, you gotta give credit where credit's due sometimes. There's a laundry list of people I can't stand personally but still admire some of their work.

noodles

Smash Champion
oh . ithink its worth watching it. im asking because my idea of a good movie differs alot from others. anything that makes me laugh alot is good in my book. (i laugh easily)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Steve Carrell was horrible in Anchorman, are you kidding me? He was the worst part of that movie. He was good in 40 year old virgin which was only good the first time you watch it and also in The Office....other than that hes pretty bad. I mean he's funny...but nothing epic.

and Hot Fuzz was nothing but a Shaun of the dead with a different story. It was dumb. I'd rather watch Mr. Bean. At least he was funny.

I think hes an underrated performer/actor. It takes skill to make people laugh without using your voice. If you dont like his volumes 1-3.......die in a plane crash.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
hot fuzz didnt make me laugh alot though >_<
o_o You make me sad.

Steve Carrell was horrible in Anchorman, are you kidding me? He was the worst part of that movie. He was good in 40 year old virgin which was only good the first time you watch it and also in The Office....other than that hes pretty bad. I mean he's funny...but nothing epic.

and Hot Fuzz was nothing but a Shaun of the dead with a different story. It was dumb. I'd rather watch Mr. Bean. At least he was funny.

I think hes an underrated performer/actor. It takes skill to make people laugh without using your voice. If you dont like his volumes 1-3.......die in a plane crash.
Steve Carrell had an awesome part in Anchorman. He killed a man with a trident. And had a pants party.

>_> Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead were parodying two different things, the only reason they seemed similar is because when you pack action and funny together with basically the exact same set and actors, not everyone sees it for what it is.

I liked Hot Fuzz more than Shaun, personally.

Mr.Bean is the man.

-DD

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Word *pound*

And Cog, yes, Sofia is awful for ruining the godfather 3 and being a spoiled *****, BUT, LiT I thought was shot very well, the soundtrack was amazing, and Bill Murray(my favorite comedic actor evar!) was at his best. His subtle, dry humor is perfect to me in that movie, every nuance is just gold imo. You can't always let animosity towards a famous person affect how you judge their work, i mean 99% of them are either snobs or rich or lucky or whatever. And with 80 four star reviews from critics, i mean, you gotta give credit where credit's due sometimes. There's a laundry list of people I can't stand personally but still admire some of their work.
See this would be true if I hated her and then let that affect my opinion of her films. But it's the opposite. I didn't really give a crap about her until after I watched Marie Antoinette.
Then it all clicked.
All three of her movies are metaphors for her life. She based the douche bag husband (boyfriend?) guy in LiT on Spike Jonze, who she was with for a while.
She was born into Hollywood royalty without a choice. She was forced into richness, into getting everything she wanted, but she never got what her heart REALLY WANTED (cry me a ****ing river).
They're all about female loneliness which is fine if explored in an honest way. Instead you have Scarlett J. whining about how she doesn't know what to do with her life even though she's in Japan staying in literally the nicest hotel in Tokyo. It's filled with stereotypical cartoon portrayals of Japan and its people: they're all short, they talk really fast, they mix up their Rs and Ls (SCARLETT ACTUALLY SAYS THIS IN THE MOVIE HOLY SHIIIIIT WHAT A REVELATION), they have quirky weird TV shows etc etc etc. Meanwhile both Murray and Scarlett's character condescend and whine and mope about like spoiled b!tches. I have no problem with mid-20s quarter life crisis movies but I like ones that don't take themselves so seriously and are more honest: Garden State, Reality Bites...

I liked Marie Antoinette better than LiT but.... let's just say I see why the French had their revolution.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I also enjoyed Hot Fuzz more than Shaun of the Dead. It's one of my favorite comedies. Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright, and Nick Frost are all comedic geniuses and I can't wait for the next movie in their blood and ice cream trilogy.

Top Bottom