• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Aesir

Smash Master
I'll play tomorrow if you want. However, I'm not going to MM. :ohwell: Work and making $700 on the weekend and stuff.

Do you have my number?

I'm kind of sad that I won't be going to any tournaments this summer. I'm trying to start saving up so I can move out of my house.

I still <3 to play though. Get at me.
Get on aim lol.

Nevermind, you were righ tunder my nose!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I completely agree. I was actually going to call attention to Sheik's dthrow in particular (holy **** it's so stupid) but I forgot because I was too busy making fun of the fact that they nerfed Yoshi's dair.
Nerfing Yoshi's DAir makes noob HRC really hard.
-DD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I love those videos so much because they're entertaining HRCs + Sin's music syncing is top tier :D

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Moral Orel is hilarious, but man it's such a dark show. I always feel double-depressed after I watch it, for the subject matter itself and for laughing at it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Guess Cog was right when he said this thread has mostly become the three of us jerking each other off.
And if we keep it up, we'll all be top 5!

*goes back to jerking Cog and Thumbs off*
guys you're making me uncomfortable hot

i think it'd be more interesting to talk about non-sequel movies, because sequels tend to 'disappoint' 80% of the time
Spider-Man 2
X-Men 2
Aliens
The Dark Knight
Terminator 2
um what else

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Fellowship is my favorite of the three, but I love them all.

Never saw Clerks 2, and I'd like to keep it that way. First one was soooo good though. And yeah LOTR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Star Wars (the prequels at least)

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
OKAY first of all Clerks 2 sucked balls. Secondly the SW prequels can't even compare to LOTRs
pillowpants was hilarious tho
I thoroughly enjoyed Clerks 2, but that may have more to do with my obsession with Kevin Smith movies.

But aside from the fact that the original Clerks was way better, what problems do you have with Clerks 2?

And I got bored watching the LotR movies. For real they were way too long.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
So did you enjoy Jersey Girl?

A great movie can never be too long.
I'll say this, I didn't hate it. I love George Carlin and the scene where Affleck is sitting in the waiting room and Will Smith comes in and talks to him was really funny imo. But it wasn't a good movie by any means. But did I enjoy it? Yeah I did. I really like Kevin Smith's humor. It can be subtle or right in your face. I like Kevin Smith's comedy style in the same vein that I like Quentin Tarantino's dialogue. Much of it is interesting outside the context of the movie, but in the movie it gives a lot of insight to the characters.

Note: I did pay to see it in theaters. It was on Encore or something.

A movie can be too long. When my butt hurts from sitting in the chair for several hours, my eyes are watering from staring at the screen and even though I ate before the movie I am hungry again, the movie is too long.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I thoroughly enjoyed Clerks 2, but that may have more to do with my obsession with Kevin Smith movies.

But aside from the fact that the original Clerks was way better, what problems do you have with Clerks 2?

And I got bored watching the LotR movies. For real they were way too long.
I used to loooooooove Kevin Smith. I still like his public persona. There's a video out there of him talking candidly and humbly about him and the internet, it's great. I'll try to find it.

Clerks 2 was the bottom of the barrel for him I think. Watching Dante's bull**** life for another 2 hours was the last thing I wanted to do. The way Clerks ended (including the original ending if you've never seen it) is a fine way to leave that little quaint story about people in a stupid small town. Clerks 2 seemed like it was a whole different director trying to do a cash grab directing a sequel that never should have been made. Also I don't enjoy seeing someone **** an animal for laughs >_>

edit: Seven Samurai wasn't too long was it? I love that movie...so underrated. I hate that people just see the poster and go "LOL TOM CRUISE ISN'T THE LAST SAMURAI LOL ***" when it's talking about Ken Watanabe

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Original ending? Doesn't it end with Dante and Randall cleaning up the store and Dante leaves with that walk of his and says, "You're closed" to Dante?

There's a vid on youtube of a college lecture Kevin Smith did. In it is a story about his involvement of what was then in the in development Superman movie. He speaks about a certain crazy producer and the end of his story is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the internet no joke.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Original ending? Doesn't it end with Dante and Randall cleaning up the store and Dante leaves with that walk of his and says, "You're closed" to Dante?

There's a vid on youtube of a college lecture Kevin Smith did. In it is a story about his involvement of what was then in the in development Superman movie. He speaks about a certain crazy producer and the end of his story is one of the funniest things I have ever seen on the internet no joke.
The original ending that he cut out after sundance (I think) is:
A guy comes into the store after Randall leaves and shoots Dante and takes the money from the register.

Yeah that story is from An Evening With Kevin Smith DVD I believe there's 3 of them out now and they're pretty great.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I used to loooooooove Kevin Smith. I still like his public persona. There's a video out there of him talking candidly and humbly about him and the internet, it's great. I'll try to find it.

Clerks 2 was the bottom of the barrel for him I think. Watching Dante's bull**** life for another 2 hours was the last thing I wanted to do. The way Clerks ended (including the original ending if you've never seen it) is a fine way to leave that little quaint story about people in a stupid small town. Clerks 2 seemed like it was a whole different director trying to do a cash grab directing a sequel that never should have been made. Also I don't enjoy seeing someone **** an animal for laughs >_>
I did see the original ending to Clerks and it changes the WHOLE MOVIE for me. I think it would have been a more powerful movie with that ending but it would have made it much less of a comedy imo.

As a character, Dante is very interesting. He somehow finds himself in these situations where he has to choose between what is easy and what is probably the better choice. I define his character by the "**** or get off the pot" analogy in the first movie. When posed that question he told the story about how he crapped his pants instead of making that decision.

But although Clerks 2 wasn't the indie masterpiece that Clerks was, I laughed real hard at some points. Elias had me cracking up the whole movie. I hope that actor (too lazy to look it up) has done some other stuff. I could have done without Kinky Kelly and the Sexy Stud.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I did see the original ending to Clerks and it changes the WHOLE MOVIE for me. I think it would have been a more powerful movie with that ending but it would have made it much less of a comedy imo.
Agreed. But it was always kind of a black comedy anyways.

Pakman said:
As a character, Dante is very interesting. He somehow finds himself in these situations where he has to choose between what is easy and what is probably the better choice. I define his character by the "**** or get off the pot" analogy in the first movie. When posed that question he told the story about how he crapped his pants instead of making that decision.
I completely agree, that line/conversation defined the character and the film and pretty much life in a crappy small town. But the point of the ending was that Dante made that choice and got out of there. Clerks 2 was like psyche jk he's still an idiot doing the same exact thing. Plus the ending to clerks 2 infuriated me.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
The opening scene in Chasing Amy where the black guy is talking about his comic and Holden and Banky start saying stuff from the crowd is one of my favorite scenes in comedy.

noodles

Smash Champion
ALEX STRIFE
[20:24] gameandwatch683: host a tourney on saturday near me i live in alabama k?
[20:27] lightxdream: uh
[20:27] lightxdream: how
[20:27] lightxdream: I live in nyc
[20:27] gameandwatch683: fly here i want it 200 ppl at least ive ben training my kirby and mr. game and watch
[20:27] gameandwatch683: mr game and watch is my favorite tho
[20:27] lightxdream: but im not anymore lolz
[20:27] gameandwatch683: and u host tourneys so host 1 here k?
[20:27] Meebo Message: Could not IM buddy
[20:28] gameandwatch683: k?
[20:28] gameandwatch683: this saturday
[20:28] lightxdream: how did you get my SN
[20:28] lightxdream: I live in nyc and im not gonna spend money to go somewhere to host someones tounrament >_< that's kinda weird to ask of sometone
[20:28] gameandwatch683: i found it on a tourney thread and ppl sed u host gud tourneys host 1 here
[20:28] gameandwatch683: idc lol u will do it
[20:28] lightxdream: uh
[20:28] gameandwatch683: u r a torney host i wanna test out my kirby
[20:28] lightxdream: this sat you seroius lol
[20:29] gameandwatch683: come to alabama my frends wil come 2
[20:29] gameandwatch683: yes
[20:29] lightxdream: ask someone in you are reigon
[20:29] gameandwatch683: idk i mite have a socer game
[20:29] lightxdream: go on smashboards and find someone there its easier
[20:29] gameandwatch683: no
[20:29] gameandwatch683: u come
[20:30] lightxdream: pay for my ticket
[20:30] lightxdream: I can't snap my fingers and have 200 people come to a tournament that's insane
[20:31] gameandwatch683: y not
[20:31] gameandwatch683: i have 20 dolars saved up
[20:31] lightxdream: cause that takes months of planning
[20:31] lightxdream: that's great you do
[20:31] lightxdream: I don't
[20:31] gameandwatch683: who cares
[20:31] lightxdream: how about
[20:31] lightxdream: you ask someone near you
[20:31] lightxdream: sorry man I cannot do that

i found this really funny

havent read any ohters yet but ill copy and paste them here if theyre funny http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=22308

Chum

Smash Apprentice
I'll play tomorrow if you want. However, I'm not going to MM. :ohwell: Work and making $700 on the weekend and stuff.

Do you have my number?

I'm kind of sad that I won't be going to any tournaments this summer. I'm trying to start saving up so I can move out of my house.

I still <3 to play though. Get at me.
I wish i would have seen this yesterday, I would have actually been able to play today but I made plans >.>

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
>_> I'm now beginning to burn my demo of Monster Hunter Tri.

<_< Before I play I will probably remove my pants, to avoid soiling them.

:D SleepyK is welcome to come over.
-DD

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Wish that was higher resolution so you could see the kid's eyes better. The eyes really sell it.

Top Bottom