• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

pockyD

Smash Legend
i thought it was awful too, but i wasn't 'disappointed' by the time i got around to seeing it, since the only reason i had put off watching it for so long to begin with was that it never actually seemed good

i was severely underwhelmed by donnie darko (especially given all the love you hear about it from college kids everywhere)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
War of the Worlds was supposed to be another Minority Report and wasn't. Flags of our Fathers was supposed to be another Saving Private Ryan and definitely wasn't. Miami Vice was supposed to be amazing (Heat style) but wasn't. Unforgiven was supposed to be the best western and most definitely wasn't even close.

And now I hate all those movies because they didn't come close to the hype or quality they should have been based on the people who made them. Not only that, but by themselves without expectations they sucked ****.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I mean the appeal to the movie was basically building up to the dancing at the end. However, when he was on the bus and the farmer guy shoots the cow and all the kids scream, I was laughing pretty hard. However, the movie was godawful.

To Pocky: its much more rare to be disappointed with movies that don't have a previous version, because you have nothing to base your expectations off of other than actors and directors and stuff.

But based on non sequels I would say that I was disappointed with most of Will Ferrel's stuff after like Anchorman and Old School.

EDIT: I was also not impressed with Donnie Darko. It just wasn't that entertaining.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
It's been a long time since I saw Unforgiven, but I remember being really happy with it.

I was very disappointed with 2001 given it's acclaim and frankly didn't like FMJ very much either. I mean, I guess I wouldn't put FMJ up there cause the first half worked for me, but the 2nd half of the movie did nothing for me.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Omg Mogwai that's exactly how I feel about FMJ. It just got terrible after the first half. But I don't think I can consider it disappointing because I had zero expectations of it to begin with.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
No, he's not. I guess it's easy to think that when you isolate the strongest attributes of a character and act like they're totally perfect in every way.

If you think his usmash is "unpunishable," I don't know what to tell you. It's safe on block when spaced correctly. I don't know if that's what you were talking about, but that's... a bit of a stretch.

EDIT: Also, you don't need a shine to pressure shields.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
w/e Dave, I don't need your approval :p

I just think Fox is stupid. I've been playing the game long enough at a high enough level that just people talking to me about stuff isn't going to change my old stubborn opinion.

Honestly, I like playing against Foxes with Flaco (or DK/M2 if they suck), but that's not going to change my opinion that he's a stupid stupid character that should've been nerfed at least a little in R&D.

pockyD

Smash Legend
i don't believe peach got any nerf at all, whereas the nerfs on fox/marth/sheik alter their matchup with her a lot, and she already does decently vs falco

not saying she's better, but it's a possibility (i obviously have next to zero actual experience playing PAL)

pockyD

Smash Legend
i know as much/little as you do, which is to say, i pretty much know what is ever posted in 'differences' lists

ryoko would know

ZoSo

Smash Champion
PAL failed to address the major problem with NTSC, which is that the top tier characters are totally ridiculous compared to the rest of the cast.

That said, they nerfed the one thing that needed to be nerfed above all else. I am of course referring to Yoshi's dair.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Maybe, but it seems like all the top Europeans who aren't Armada play the same old gay characters as us NTSCfags.

Wes, combo to the next page. GO!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
any time next week good?
Yea, gimme your phone number and remind me where you live, and I'll call you when I'm in the area.

Cort 3,857
DarkDragoon 2,436
Khaly 2,404
Aesir 2,317
SPAWN 2,180
trademark0013 2,180
_V_ 2,115
Jam Stunna 2,113
thumbswayup 2,005
CogSmooch 1,905

top 10 baby
Yussss. I should post more.

I like how Khaly still is in 3rd without posting for the past forever
Lololol hes awesome.
-DD

pockyD

Smash Legend
PAL failed to address the major problem with NTSC, which is that the top tier characters are totally ridiculous compared to the rest of the cast.
it was certainly a step in the right direction though, in terms of intent at least (removing sheik's dthrow CG in particular stands out)

and remember that PAL wasn't released like 3 years into the tournament life of the game; it was something like half a year... based on the limited amount of 'blatant' brokenness at that point, i think they did a fantastic job of anticipating things that needed tweaking

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Mogwai, if you're familiar with Brawl Falco at all, Brawl Falco's dair is roughly the same thing as PAL Falco.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
it was certainly a step in the right direction though, in terms of intent at least (removing sheik's dthrow CG in particular stands out)

and remember that PAL wasn't released like 3 years into the tournament life of the game; it was something like half a year... based on the limited amount of 'blatant' brokenness at that point, i think they did a fantastic job of anticipating things that needed tweaking
I completely agree. I was actually going to call attention to Sheik's dthrow in particular (holy **** it's so stupid) but I forgot because I was too busy making fun of the fact that they nerfed Yoshi's dair.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
I think I might actually go to MM, anyone want to play before hand/maybe team?
I'll play tomorrow if you want. However, I'm not going to MM. :ohwell: Work and making $700 on the weekend and stuff.

Do you have my number?

I'm kind of sad that I won't be going to any tournaments this summer. I'm trying to start saving up so I can move out of my house.

I still <3 to play though. Get at me.

Top Bottom