• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Holy crap that was a lot of posts to read through.

Uh it's my editing reel. Kind of crappy but I'm a bad judge of myself. It's almost all from 48 hour film project stuff, which isn't the best of sources for material, and I can't find my favorite project that I've done. But yeah NO JOHNS, it is what it is.

So Cog, how bout dat Lost?
Last night was so good.
omg widmore

hey spawn sorry i didn't respond yesterday i have some terrible stomach virus i've been out of it for a couple days now. its been the worst past 24 hours of my life LOL.
Mogwai, i probably won't be able to play today, i should just sit around and recover for the weekend sorry >_< this came out of nowhere.
I think i need to go back to eating meat or something LOL i don't even think i've been so sick in my life i never wanna experience this again >_<
Whether you eat meat or not has nothing to do with stomach viruses. Trust me... the worst thing that could happen with not eating meat is becoming anemic/having low iron in your blood and that doesn't cause stomach flus. Drink lots of fluids and eat easy to digest food until it clears up. FEEL BETTER :ohwell:

Eat fish, I know of a few vegetarians that eat fish to avoid getting sick. I know my diet I try to avoid most meats, I just eat very rarely.
Then they're not vegetarians. And not eating meat doesn't make you sick :dizzy:

What decent fast food options are available to those who avoid meat?
none

also yeah, wouldn't not eating meat for a while only cause you to get sick really if you all of a sudden ate like a whole bunch of it causing like shock? or am i completely off the mark.
yep.

edit: eat it, *****es: http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/advocacy_933_ENU_HTML.htm

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
it's not that not eating meat directly caused a stomach virus, i've just felt rather weak because i probably don't follow a vegetarian diet correctly. it's pretty expensive to be a vegetarian so half the time i can't even afford to eat right :/ i dunno we'll see i guess.

Sensei

Smash Lord
I tried being a vegetarian for a week...did not work out so well. OMG, I had such a craving for meat one day that I told my Mom to make some meat. She gave me some SPAM, and SPAM never tasted so GOOD before in my life! ROFL!

I hope you feel better PC. I'll buy you a steak if come by this weekend xP

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
PC, it's perfectly understandable. No need to apologize. Just gimme a text if you start feeling better and we'll see if we can play this weekend or something.

Also happy belated bday DD. Yesterday I was like, yeahhh, gonna wish DD happy bday on time... then I forgot, lol.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
good god no, it's just flashy. shine jc grab is much more important, and frankly, neither of them are essential
Ok thats good for me then. I just see some videos everyonce in a while with a falco doing it for sheild pressure so I didn't know.

I have a sort of related question though, when I try to pillar my friend is there a way I can attack the front of his sheild so he can't grab me when I go

d-air>shine>wavedash>shine
I always get grabed after the d-air or after the first shine I wavedash and I get grabed out of it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ok thats good for me then. I just see some videos everyonce in a while with a falco doing it for sheild pressure so I didn't know.

I have a sort of related question though, when I try to pillar my friend is there a way I can attack the front of his sheild so he can't grab me when I go

d-air>shine>wavedash>shine
I always get grabed after the d-air or after the first shine I wavedash and I get grabed out of it.
um, no, if you WD>Shine, they can grab in the WD. you're supposed to just dair>shine>dair>shine>etcetcetc... but like, if they like to shield and then attempt to grab a lot, just do shine > JC grab.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
it's not that not eating meat directly caused a stomach virus, i've just felt rather weak because i probably don't follow a vegetarian diet correctly.
if you just eat a lot of junk food and beer then yeah. it forces you to cook a lot more for yourself so if you're not into that it can be pretty bad. btw I'm just assuming.
it's pretty expensive to be a vegetarian so half the time i can't even afford to eat right :/ i dunno we'll see i guess.
I thought you were the $10,000 blade breaker? :(

again just assuming but it's more expensive if while you ate meat you ate a lot of bad for you food like fast food since that's cheap and filled with meat. I hardly ever ate fast food and cooked a lot anyways so when I became a vegetarian it became cheaper because I wasn't buying meat to cook.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
again just assuming but it's more expensive if while you ate meat you ate a lot of bad for you food like fast food since that's cheap and filled with meat. I hardly ever ate fast food and cooked a lot anyways so when I became a vegetarian it became cheaper because I wasn't buying meat to cook.
yea, this. If I became vegetarian, it would be cheaper. But meat is too **** delicious.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Seriously if you haven't tried Quorn (PC & Mogwai) then just get the cutlets or something and fry them with some veggies and spices and crap. So nom.
Also the best sausage substitute is Gimme Lean sausage.
I'm so sagelike.

Mogwai tofu is so hit or miss, I hate it when it's soft but extra firm can be real good if cooked right (AHEM)

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
lollllll
id die if i went veggie, my gf's family is, minus her, she eats some meat, so im scared to eat dinner at her house
i need mah proteeeinn
and im allergic to soy >__<
i do love thems peanut buttar fellows though.

feel better christopher, i miss you. mebbe ill throw together a melee / brawl tourney very soon?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
PoF, really my question was for you. XD Wanna answer it instead of pointing out I asked a question? Lol.
<3 SPAWN.

Basically, if you have A REALLY REALLY old ps3 that you havent touched in a long *** time (a new one that you purchase wont work either) you can load a Nintendo Entertainment System emulator with ease...but its not exactly GREAT. Otherwise, you're looking at installing either Yellow Dog Linux or Ubunutu Linux and running your emulators from the command line. (You'll need a USB mouse and keyboard as well)

In my opinion, it's really not worth it yet. I'm waiting for someone to figure out a way to do it without having to install an alternate operating system. Basically, just use your ****ing Wii that I hooked you up with son. Also, don't you love me for giving that to you to flaring that up in Liz's face? That girls hot.

people should come play me and my brother tomorrow
Possibly...

anyone want to drive down to Stamford for Melee + possibly cold ones tonight? since Chris is dying and stuff, I has nothing to do.
Even more possible due to the fact that you always drive here to North Haven and I owe you in that sense and I'd like to drink. Do you need me to pick anything up? When do you get home?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Even more possible due to the fact that you always drive here to North Haven and I owe you in that sense and I'd like to drink. Do you need me to pick anything up? When do you get home?
I'll be home around 5:30/6:00. I'm gonna pick up some more beer and coke for rum and coke on my way home, so I can't think of anything you should pick up other than like, grabbing some dinner cause I don't have a lotta food in my house right now.

Anyone else? Budai, Chewman?

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Actually, i think Evan and I are playing tonight. He said he might come over around 9. If you guys wanna come here you're more than welcome (I has boozzz). I still have to wait to hear from him for confirmation though.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Eric-I could drive to your place and pick you and Evan up if you want.

Edit-Doesnt Evan have to drive North to get to your place? It would probably be easier for you and I to carpool. Whatever works, I just want to play smash tonight. Should one of us bring an Extra setup/TV to get singles going without having to wait as well?

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Evan's definitly not going to be able to play until 9 o'clock and the latest he could play is like 12. And since it's a 45 minute drive to stamford, that only leaves like and hour and a half to play b4 he'd have to leave. I would go, but then i'd leave Evan hanging, and there's no advantage to playing with 3 people, so it's better for me to stay in milford tonight.

Aesir

Smash Master
Then they're not vegetarians. And not eating meat doesn't make you sick :dizzy:
From what PC is saying it sounds like he isn't getting enough iron. Lack of Iron can make you sick, guess where most humans get their Iron from? I'll give you a hint, it starts with "M"

And yeah I agree seafood = meat, I'm just listing what most self described vegetarians do.

PC if you're going to continue being a vegetarian you need to plan it out LOL. Meat offers a lot of necessary things, though fortunately you can substitute them with non-meat food or just supplements.

Top Bottom