• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
hint. i'm calling the video " i haz a sword"

i've maxed out my harddrive with 6 hours of HD recording =-(, i can't do any more, soz.
o_o But you have footage of us playing from the stone age! That's always good!
Q_Q

I haz a sword eh?

o_o I didn't know you played Link.
-DD

Aesir

Smash Master
So avoid google chrome? (was told originally to get that from a freind.)

and I'm DLing AVG largely because I don't have the money righ tnow to spend on anti-virus software.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Google Chrome seems aight.

I really like Firefox extensions is all. I didn't spend any money on NOD32, but lol I b a pirate

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I wish I could check Smashboards at work (it's blocked, blargh). I might have been able to work something out for tonight with peeps. I was kinda tired though so whatevs.

Unfortunately I'm busy the next 3 weekends in a row, so we need to just pick a day during the week in advance so I can play with you guys. Maybe this Tuesday? *shrug*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I use Zone Alarm Security Suite / Firefox.
Yay for finally getting all the updates for Vista 3 days after getting my new hard drive!

God **** there are so many o_o.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I wish I could check Smashboards at work (it's blocked, blargh). I might have been able to work something out for tonight with peeps. I was kinda tired though so whatevs.

Unfortunately I'm busy the next 3 weekends in a row, so we need to just pick a day during the week in advance so I can play with you guys. Maybe this Tuesday? *shrug*
ghostgiver.com

Use it, abuse it.

If you're running vista, make sure you have SP1 installed, or it'll do some funky IP error and BSOD you. Lol vista.

-DD

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I use Zone Alarm Security Suite / Firefox.
Yay for finally getting all the updates for Vista 3 days after getting my new hard drive!

God **** there are so many o_o.
-DD
I'd use Zone Alarm if I had more RAM

Also, I think IIRC Zone Alarm annoyed the **** outta me somehow.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'd use Zone Alarm if I had more RAM

Also, I think IIRC Zone Alarm annoyed the **** outta me somehow.
Zone Alarm is kinda pushy the first couple of days, but its pretty nice and learns your computer quickly and leaves you the hell alone after that.

o.o I was running Zone Alarm on vista with 2GB of RAM pretty nicely.
>.> As far as I can tell, its pretty compact and good with memory.

Except for when its like, running a ****load of scans.

-DD

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
CT knows any good scary movies???? :-3

where to ****in start!

my favs include: rosemary's baby, the haunting (original), dawn of the dead (remake is definitly scarier, but original is a classic), the shining (duh), Halloween, evil dead 1 (2 is mostly for laughs but still scary), the Vanishing (scandinavian thriller), Vampyr (german talkie from 1931 by Carl Dreyer), Nosferatu(original) and Nosferatu: A Symphony of Terror (Wernor Herzog film), Suspiria(Dario Argento), The Thing (john Carpenter), American Werewolf in London, "IT" (if u find clowns scary omg!), Shaun of the Dead(amazing!) almost any Hammer Film production, almost any Hitchcock film(though they're not all "scary", try Psycho, the Birds, Rear Window and Frenzy to name a few)....the list really goes on for miles.

A few new favorites to try out: The devil's rejects (rob zombie's best by a long shot), the Descent (hope ur not claustrophobic), Creep, and Audition(you won't like asian girls ever again!)

oh, and i won't mention the two most unspeakable films I have ever witnessed.....unless you really wanna know....I wonder if anyone can guess....cog maybe.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
V and I used to play DOTA, well not together but almost the same time. I played a older version and then he played the version where the game was like completely changed. I'm sure they're on a very different version now. I don't even know where my wc3 discs are. -.-
its like version 6.59 now.

crazy changes, new heros and stuff

void remains broken. hahah

Khaly

Smash Cadet
yeah, medusa isnt nearly as good as she used to be.
hahah

i dont play much myself but from what i heard, medusa was like void status now

void is pretty much the super broken hero now

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I forgot who void was. Yeah, medusa back then had 6 arrow shot and each arrow was strong as a normal attack by itself and she shot it every shot without using mana. Haha, 1 shot killed a whole group of creeps. Mad money = mad gear. Mana shield made mp be your mana except it took like half damage the damage. She could take more damage than like str characters. She had two other smaller garbage moves but whatever. I only used her for fun when I felt like being gay. It's funny when the other team tries to all attack you at once but you shoot six arrows so you attack all of them and you do more damage too since you have better gear from more money. >_> Then they try to run but you have frost mask so they are running slow and I find that hilarious. Then the version V played, the six arrows that weren't your main shot did like half damage and then the mana shield took double damage instead of half. <_<

I forgot my favorite character, I liked the tree dude that like summons trees. Early hero kills, teleport anywhere on the map and his ultimate got you like instant 500 gold. Haha, I actually liked almost all of the characters except that boar who is a melee fighter but relies on dexterity. Actually I sucked with any melee character based on dex if there were any others. That dude that plants nukes or suicides is always fun. Haha.

Off to bed.

Cort

Apple Head
So last night we did a half alt/half main 10 man naxx and one of our alt buddies died on Heigan.

That was our only death all night and we weren't even trying for Undying.

:(

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I thought he had puking too?

*going off memory?*

All I remember is first time vegetarians usually screw up their bodies at first because they're not getting the necessary nutriments they need which are abundant in meat.
nausea = puking. and no it's still not a symptom of anything going veggie would cause.

if by "first time vegetarians" you mean people that eat like **** and eat tons of fast food (pretty much all smashers - sorry) then yes... kinda sort of maybe.
Regardless what anyone wants to think, the nutriments in meat are vital for our body to function well it just so happens meat is the easiest way to get them.

There's always substitutes but I am way to lazy to do that.
I'm sorry but science disagrees. Check out the link I posted earlier. In nearly every category your health improves from going vegetarian (you still have to eat well, though, which is kind of a no brainer; if you eat unhealthily you will generally be unhealthy >_>), plus you get the added bonus of not contributing to the **** of Earth. ^_^d

oh, and i won't mention the two most unspeakable films I have ever witnessed.....unless you really wanna know....I wonder if anyone can guess....cog maybe.
lol I'm famous.
Um.
Cannibal Holocaust? Irreversible? Can I get a hint?

br4n

Smash Apprentice
So last night we did a half alt/half main 10 man naxx and one of our alt buddies died on Heigan.

That was our only death all night and we weren't even trying for Undying.

:(
naxx is lame now. i t was way cooler when i played and like clearing it actually took skill. idk.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
naxx is lame now. i t was way cooler when i played and like clearing it actually took skill. idk.
naxx looks cool and its bosses are nice and gimicy, but its kinda easy. maybe saph is the only real fight. i thought KT was pretty walk thru the park too. I've pugged and 1 shotted kt with 3 ppl who didnt know what they were doing. tru story ive wiped on saph more than ive wiped on all the bosses in naxx combined.

were BC's first end games raids kinda easy too way back when? i never did them

edit: gosh darnit

crystal castles; crimewave is holy crap amazing.........i think i'll put this on loop today. it sounds like im playing a hip version of megaman. its pretty orgasmic on the ears. i havent hopped into a good mood cuz of a song since first hearing justice(never be alone remix) last year

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Sorry to anyone who wanted to play me last night, I was on the phone with my gf until 9. serious conversations blow.

On a better note, Watchmen is an unbelievable book. Anyone who hasn't read it and was thinking about it totally should, it's unreal how impressed I was with it.

Next Tuesday is good for me. My place, yours, Chewman's, PoF's?

Aesir

Smash Master
nausea = puking. and no it's still not a symptom of anything going veggie would cause.

if by "first time vegetarians" you mean people that eat like **** and eat tons of fast food (pretty much all smashers - sorry) then yes... kinda sort of maybe.
I said it's symptom of lack of iron, which is something a poor veggie diet does. Not something a vegetarian diet would do.

Also no I meant people who think they can just eat a salad once a day and get what they need from that. (exaggeration)

I'm sorry but science disagrees. Check out the link I posted earlier. In nearly every category your health improves from going vegetarian (you still have to eat well, though, which is kind of a no brainer; if you eat unhealthily you will generally be unhealthy >_>), plus you get the added bonus of not contributing to the **** of Earth. ^_^d
I didn't see any link...

Also meat eating should be in moderation if you want to be healthy, in no way am I saying you can go crazy. But eating it isn't unhealthy. Eating McDonald's and other fast foods is, but going out killing an animal, going through the preparations and eating it isn't unhealthy.

If you have something that says otherwise post it.

And lol @ ****** the earth. I assume you're talking about Global warming, you realize that isn't from eating meat that's from slaughter factors right?

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Holy **** I'm off the boards for two days and miss 454325345 posts, including yet another arguement between Cort and PoF lol

Right, cause someone in CT thinks they can play a character better than me

LOL and it's PoF of all people *facepalm*
If you two ever do that mm, please record it and post the link here. I'd love to see that lol

Now whats that good video editing software? Sandra ordered me a Gamebridge for my birthday.

I know of Vegas, but I was wondering if the Adobe [Premier?] was better. CS4 and all that.

-DD
Adobe Premiere Pro is what you want. Vegas is good from what I've seen of it, but having and learning Premiere is more beneficial. It's a superior program, but it's not exactly user friendly (hard as **** to use sometimes).

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217194
people think i have a good mk. but my mk is terrible compared to most of the other people on that list

happy birthday dd
LOL I know the guys running that >_> they sent one of those to everyone in MD/VA I think.

So it's a MK-only tournament? That seems pretty ********.

CT is Roy country.
What the hell happened to your amazing name :( Bring back the Stunna!

I thought by now we'd reached a tacet understanding that nothing Garrett says is to be taken seriously.

Tom, your location caused me to lol.
LOL

Gimpy's new combo vid is really bad.

Is Meta Knight banned yet?
No, and he probably never will be. The sad thing is there are far worse things about Brawl than MK.

http://kotaku.com/5141355/competitive-starcraft-gets-uc-berkeley-class

Mewtwo dittos are still dumb

and dear god I forgot about Zelda dittos
That school is amazing.

Also, I've never done it, but I imagine Pichu dittos would suck.

If I owned a study of some sort and published an article, it would be titled:

"90% of humans suck, whether the play video games or not.
"
You have no idea how much I agree with this.

God, I love Starcraft.
Same, it's a shame I'm very bad at it.

Really? When does it start becoming bad for your health? Lol. Aka, what's a good amount of sleep to get a night? 8 hours?
Too much sleep is just as bad for you as not getting enough sleep. Around our age group I'd say 8-9 hours is exactly what you need. Try not to ever get less than 8 and try not to get much more than 9.

i have compiled 6 hours of footage, and will be making a combo video.

get excited, or something.
Looking forward to it.

CT knows any good scary movies???? :-3
Alien.

On a better note, Watchmen is an unbelievable book. Anyone who hasn't read it and was thinking about it totally should, it's unreal how impressed I was with it.
Whoa, thanks for reminding me. I have less than 2 months to read it before the movie comes out.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I said it's symptom of lack of iron, which is something a poor veggie diet does. Not something a vegetarian diet would do.
But... it's not. In severe cases abdominal pain can be a factor but it's uncommon.

Also no I meant people who think they can just eat a salad once a day and get what they need from that. (exaggeration)
how is that different than me saying people that eat a giant cheeseburger once a day...?

I didn't see any link...
http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/advocacy_933_ENU_HTML.htm

Also meat eating should be in moderation if you want to be healthy, in no way am I saying you can go crazy. But eating it isn't unhealthy. Eating McDonald's and other fast foods is, but going out killing an animal, going through the preparations and eating it isn't unhealthy.
Personally I don't think eating meat is inherently unhealthy (especially fish). But if you look at that link above, it says that a vegetarian diet can meet all the required and recommended nutritional needs for all stages of life. In addition, it says that a vegetarian diet has been found to have benefits over a non-vegetarian one. So from that it's not unreasonable to conclude that it's inherently better. *shrug*

And lol @ ****** the earth. I assume you're talking about Global warming, you realize that isn't from eating meat that's from slaughter factors right?
uh what? slaughter factories aren't good for the earth but I was referring to the entire cycle. the destruction of land for the raising of livestock is probably the worst part.

Aesir

Smash Master
how is that different than me saying people that eat a giant cheeseburger once a day...?
It isn't?

Personally I don't think eating meat is inherently unhealthy (especially fish). But if you look at that link above, it says that a vegetarian diet can meet all the required and recommended nutritional needs for all stages of life. In addition, it says that a vegetarian diet has been found to have benefits over a non-vegetarian one. So from that it's not unreasonable to conclude that it's inherently better. *shrug*
I'm assuming they based their results on US and Canada? but why not non-western countries? I'm skimming it now but it seems more like they're saying Vegetarian diets > Western Diets. Not omnivore diets.

uh what? slaughter factories aren't good for the earth but I was referring to the entire cycle. the destruction of land for the raising of livestock is probably the worst part.
That's what I meant... lol

Top Bottom