• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm pretty sure Darc made that entire thing up.

If he didn't then KevinM isn't lying.
-DD

trademark0013

Smash Champion
im not talking about BC raids im talking about vanilla wow like before bc. thats when the game actually took skill and like some bosses took mass consumables/ 40 people perfectly on point. /tear those were the days.
in case ppl havent noticed, video games in general have been dumbed down. its so sad

in other news:

RAKIM WAS THE **** SON!!!

busta rhymes, jim jones, and the game are all comin 3 consecutive days in march. i think i'm gettin into the busta rhymes one for free. might go to the jim jones one too if anyone wants to go

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Is Salo basically 2 girls 1 cup with ultraviolence for 100 minutes?
No, that would be stupid. Salo is a masterpiece. Like I said, Salo isn't trying to gross you out. For instance, there is a scene where
one of the fascists takes a dump on the floor and makes a girl eat it with a spoon, which the director used as a metaphor for consumerism(the people in government or power, who control everything we buy, while we eat it up).
Certainly it grosses you out, but there's more to it than just some internet clip made for attention. It's widely considered one of the most important films ever made.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
No, that would be stupid. Salo is a masterpiece. Like I said, Salo isn't trying to gross you out. For instance, there is a scene where
one of the fascists takes a dump on the floor and makes a girl eat it with a spoon, which the director used as a metaphor for consumerism(the people in government or power, who control everything we buy, while we eat it up).
Certainly it grosses you out, but there's more to it than just some internet clip made for attention. It's widely considered one of the most important films ever made.

metaphor or not seems pretty disgusting to me
That sums it up.
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
<3 darc
i'd prefer korean bubblegum pop to
"Homies over hoes"
and the Boss Ni99a theme song.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
That's a pretty ham-fisted metaphor.

I'm sure you could find all kinds of subtext in the Saw series if you looked for it, but if the filmmaker makes it their objective to shock the audience as much as possible, it kind of discredits or at the very least distracts from their whole message, IMO.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Kevin's going to be in Cumberland today, so depending on whether or not he has to stay at his gf's, he and I might be going to GameZone.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
In my game...
I have managed to sprite...
BOUNCY BOOBIES FOR THE FEMALES.
:D
I am too good at this sprite stuff.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Did Sandra help?
T-T I wish.
>_> I told her how proud I was of my accomplishment and she kinda gave me a "..." kinda response.

You also mind-gamed me and made me think you were Darc and I was upsidedown.

I used to play quite a bit. DoD is better.
dod is good but i cant make up my mind which is better.

do u remmber/know anything about rates in cs?
and BOTH OF YOU mind-gamed me, because DoD is the shortened version of the game I'm currently working on.
-DD

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
That's a pretty ham-fisted metaphor.

I'm sure you could find all kinds of subtext in the Saw series if you looked for it, but if the filmmaker makes it their objective to shock the audience as much as possible, it kind of discredits or at the very least distracts from their whole message, IMO.
No, actually, you couldn't. The message is either there or it's not, you can't just make up your own interpretations. Besides, you don't go looking for art in a movie like Saw. The list of ways for a director to convey a message are limitless, that's the beauty of art. It can be ugly, pretty, humorous, sad, scary, or even disgusting. It's not his objective to shock you, shock just might be your reaction to the message he's conveying, he could care less if you're shocked. The metaphor is pretty direct if you watch the film instead of me just telling you one scene. Pier Paolo Pasolini was a genius artistic filmmaker, he's not some random horror film director no one's ever heard of with some crappy hollywood script trying to shock people. All his other works are nothing like Salo and are well renowned.

For the record, I really liked Saw, but all the sequels suck pretty bad.

Top Bottom