• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yes, it is not only okay, but it's necessary. Stop saying he did it through "shock value" because you're simply wrong, he did it through the most necessary means ever captured on film. You clearly know nothing about the director. Stop arguing about a film you've never seen because you can't put what little I've revealed to you into context. It's necessary because in order to show people just how awful facism really is, you have do it in the most extreme and disgusting way possible, because that is what facism is. How easily people are quick to obey authority when they are afraid. How quickly they allow themselves to be ***** and sodomized and eat crap. If you don't show it in the most extreme way, then it discredits the directors true feelings toward facism, hence why it was NECESSARY. Also keep in mind that this film is based on truth. Things of this nature have literally been done in facism, so how can you deny someone from making a film about it, that's like saying Spielberg made Schindler's List for "shock value". You're still my favorite ginger, but i won't argue about this film anymore.
Point taken. Honestly, I only got into this discussion because I thought
the metaphor of eating **** for consumerism was ham-fisted and stupid.

I've been arguing with you about a film that is not open to any and all interpretation. OBVIOUSLY if an artist leaves their work entirely open to interpretation, then like I said, there are good interpretations, and stupid ones. It's all a matter of taste (which is a very sensitive subject, blah blah) But in the end, there is good taste and there is bad taste, and a little in between. This is all dependant upon aesthetic value. If an artist doesn't have a message to convey then it doesn't matter, as long as the person gained aesthetic value from it. But what I've been talking about is material that is not open to free interpretation, so if you're finding aesthetic value there that the artist didn't intend...then i'm calling that person an idiot. The guy who walks out of "Saw" and say's "you know, that was a great movie in relating torture with the rise and fall of the Roman Empire", is an idiot. Remember Billy Madison. Remember the Puppy Who Lost His Way....I rest my case.
You can call that person an idiot, but whether they are or they aren't is honestly beside the point.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
You know what else is besides the point......you and me doing falcon dittos at the RR next weekend...and then since i'll lose miserably....doing Marth dittos right after so I might win some matches.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Charlie Bartlett was a pretty good movie.

http://watch-movies.net/movies/charlie_bartlett/ Streaming site, you can only watch half of it then you have to wait like 54 mins or something. Anyone know how to get around megavideo without paying or waiting?

Also, I got all my ds stuff in the mail today, hooray.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
As some of you guys know, I submitted a short story to the literary journal Glimmer Train back in November. I found out last week that it wasn't accepted for publication. While I knew that was going to happen (it's almost impossible to get published on your first try), I was surprised by just how disappointed I was. I'd prepared myself for the reality of getting rejected many times, but it still hurt when it actually happened. Even though I didn't get accepted, I hoped that I would at least make the list of 25 finalists. That didn't happen either.

I talked to my English professor about this, and he suggested to me that I turn around and send the story out again to as many different publishers as possible. He told me that getting rejected is just part of the business, and I need to get used to it now by getting rejected by as many different publications as possible. I know he's right.

So I'm going to send out the story to ten more publications over the next two weeks. I expect to get rejected by all of them, but at least I'll build up a tolerance to it. Like anything, the only way to learn is to try, fail, and try again. Although I was very disappointed, I'm surprised at how glad I am that I sent the story out in the first place. No one can say I didn't take a shot at it, and that's enough, for now.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
dear sleepy

do you still have the yearbook picture of boa?

my friend is an intense boa fan and does not believe that you went to school with her.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Also I wouldn't have been able to go to the tourny this weekend anyways. Being sick sucksss.

Browser>Mcfox's

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Also I wouldn't have been able to go to the tourny this weekend anyways. Being sick sucksss.

Browser>Mcfox's
>_> Good, because aren't you the one that should be calling up the Battleground or w/e its called and making sure we can do the RR there?
XD It would suck if you were sick.

-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Instead of playing through ff9 you should be playing xenogears the best RPG of all time.
Chrono trigger (<3 you baka) but xenogears is super ultra deluxe tier.

dear sleepy

do you still have the yearbook picture of boa?

my friend is an intense boa fan and does not believe that you went to school with her.

tell him to stop. she's a horrible person.

if he wants i can go retake pictures with my name and face in them or something.

Laijin

Smash Hero
So I was reading an old gamepro from 98..and they actually said something like "Xenogears is mediorcre and does not even compare to the far superior FF7".
Man. People were really blind back then :|
Xenogears = Best RPG of all time.

SEXY

Smash Cadet
So I was reading an old gamepro from 98..and they actually said something like "Xenogears is mediorcre and does not even compare to the far superior FF7".
Man. People were really blind back then :|
Xenogears = Best RPG of all time.
i saw a similar review by "boba Fatt" who said xenogears was uninteresting and lacked character development as well as had no solid plot line as you are left not knownig what you are suppose to do.

i played that game when i must have been 10 and never had any problem.

i would agree xenogears is prolly the best rpg but if it wasnt for the 2nd disc... my feeling is that it is one of the best rpgs instead

**** 2nd disc xD

Laijin

Smash Hero
If only they were not rushed for time. They SHOULD have delayed the game.
**** in b4 holiday season. They should have delayed it to make whats already golden platinum.

The story is retardely complex though. You will understand what is going on as you play, but there is a far deeper meaning to everything in the story, which requires research if you cant figure it out. Which is ****ing awesome. What other games out there have such a deep story that they are already forcing replay value on you by making you go look up references and stuff(especially if your not super familiar with the bible).

If only Xenosaga lived up to its older, beautiful cousin. But it did not. :[
I really do not understand at all how Saga was able to take just pieces and parts of Gear's battle system and turn it into some boring crap. like wtf. srsly?
The story is understandable. But really guise? rly?

and thats my rant for the day.

SEXY

Smash Cadet
If only they were not rushed for time. They SHOULD have delayed the game.
**** in b4 holiday season. They should have delayed it to make whats already golden platinum.

The story is retardely complex though. You will understand what is going on as you play, but there is a far deeper meaning to everything in the story, which requires research if you cant figure it out. Which is ****ing awesome. What other games out there have such a deep story that they are already forcing replay value on you by making you go look up references and stuff(especially if your not super familiar with the bible).

If only Xenosaga lived up to its older, beautiful cousin. But it did not. :[
I really do not understand at all how Saga was able to take just pieces and parts of Gear's battle system and turn it into some boring crap. like wtf. srsly?
The story is understandable. But really guise? rly?

and thats my rant for the day.
well i didnt know much about xenogears sells, i found out about the game through a bootleg copy my brother got off a friend of his when he bought his ps1. idk about the story being so complex though.

i havent finished xenosaga or got close to anything with it but it really is bad imo. plus with the connections they made between both games then announce them not to be connected, lame. (last i heard)

Laijin

Smash Hero
well i didnt know much about xenogears sells, i found out about the game through a bootleg copy my brother got off a friend of his when he bought his ps1. idk about the story being so complex though.

i havent finished xenosaga or got close to anything with it but it really is bad imo. plus with the connections they made between both games then announce them not to be connected, lame. (last i heard)
http://guardian.leamonde.net/
The game is a lot deeper than it seems...
go there and read up. its pretty interesting.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Over?

Over for the Cardinals maybe.

I'm really just rooting for the Steelers and having a Troll argument with you

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
New sig. Bai SNSD.

By the way I dislike this silly sig enabling system. STEELERS FTWWWWWWWWW

Top Bottom