• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
****'n Bullnutt sounds kinda catchy, Dazwa.

You could probably get away with it, too. Cause you're Dazwa.

Edit: OH GOD TALES OF SYMPHONIA 2 FAILS. DO NOT GET THAT GAME.

Smooth Criminal

Laijin

Smash Hero
They made a Guilty Gear for the Wii? I'm trying to think of a good game for the Wii. Anyone? Anyone? I liked Wii Sports and Wii Fit for like a day and oh yeah RE4 was prett straight. I haven't bought a game for the Wii since Brawl....and I sold that lol

Edit-

Boxman: Who cares? What are you even talking about?
Check out No More Heroes.
One of the best games on the Wii. Cool idea, but whoever the **** designed that game needs to get punched in the face. Its only halfway decent. But still one of the best games on the wii by comparison.
Why is this game only half way decent despite what Dazwa says?
1. They were obviously rushed. About half way through the game, you stop going to dungeons altogether and the extremely boring in between missions are well..extremely longer. :\
2. Only half the boss battles are good. The game itself has some really awesome boss battles that makes it worth playing alone. But about half way through the game the boss battles become more annoying than fun(If you play the battle with Henry more than once(as in twice). Your hand will be more sore than playing melee for 10 hours).
3. The story is just plain horrible. You don't realize this till about half way through the game(see the pattern here?). Actually. Even if you are hoping it'll get better, it only gets worst. Its as if the game literally has 0 story in it. Because thats exactly what it feels like.

Anyways. The game is obviously rushed. Hopefully they are not rushing No More Heroes 2 and they fix all the mistakes in there.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom is awesome too :O

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
1. They were obviously rushed. About half way through the game, you stop going to dungeons altogether and the extremely boring in between missions are well..extremely longer. :\
The inbetween missions weren't longer, they progressed higher in difficulty but I never got the feeling that they were "long." As for the dungeons, I was glad to be rid of them, while the beat-'em-up portion of the game was fun, running through a dungeon, killing the same 1-2 goons over and over got a bit annoying for me, and I started to hate having to do it...around the same exact time the game stopped pitting me against them. It actually felt like really smart timing on Suda51's part. And if I ever got the urge to go back and fight those same 2 guys over and over, I could always do the Free Fight Missions or just redo an old mission, so it's not like that portion of the game was entirely removed, it just wasn't forced onto players after they had to play through it 5-6 times.

2. Only half the boss battles are good. The game itself has some really awesome boss battles that makes it worth playing alone. But about half way through the game the boss battles become more annoying than fun(If you play the battle with Henry more than once(as in twice). Your hand will be more sore than playing melee for 10 hours).
The boss battle with Henry was really fun, and if you knew when you could shadow step his main combo, and time rolls vs his charging attacks, it isn't really hard (Although I admittedly didn't give the game, and thus, this fight, a second run through on the hard difficulty which you unlock after beating the game). In fact, the boss battles in the second half of the game grew progressively more fun (especially the rank 1 fight), so I guess it's another difference in opinion here.

3. The story is just plain horrible. You don't realize this till about half way through the game(see the pattern here?). Actually. Even if you are hoping it'll get better, it only gets worst. Its as if the game literally has 0 story in it. Because thats exactly what it feels like.
"I'm ranked 11 on a list of assassins and I'm going to kill higher ranked people until I'm #1." It didn't take me long to figure out I wasn't going to get that great of a story playing the game <_<. I actually laughed at how much back story they just kind of jammed into the final chapter, fourth wall breaking included
I also lol'd @ "What if the game gets delayed? You don't want this to become More Heroes Forever, do you?"

As for the game being rushed, I can definitely agree that the in-town sequences felt that way. It seemed to parody GTA (even the mini-map) but with a complete lack of any fighting. Really boring, especially after I had gotten used to using the tricks on the bike to constantly boost.

But yeah PoF, check it out.

Travis Touchdown for Smash4 :D

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Boxman, I actually really approve of those rankings for the most part.

Leta is a completel monster who should've been on the PR WAAAAAYYYYYYYY earlier by virute of sheer ******** numbers (almost 70% win rate, WTF!?!?)

Bisu shouldn't be over leta cause he hasn't done much of anything recently. Beating Skyhigh in a Bo5 is something I'd expect from most decent PROtoss players, and I'm frankly shocked that SkyHigh managed to take down Best. The only reason he's in any position to do anything other than lose to JangBi @ GOM is because BackHo ****ed up his back and gave him a window of opportunity in the OSL.

Jaedong appears to have figured out where he left his game for past couple months and is bashing skulls in once again.

JangBi shouldn't be higher yet, but after he shows Bisu what a real Protoss player can do, he'll jump.

Flash is totally slipping if you watch him recently. People are starting to learn his timing because it's predictable as ****. He needs to learn how to win a game in less than 20 minutes with a less than maxed terran army before I'm back on the Flash ban-wagon. The new maps don't allow you to just have perfect marco and auto-win.

Luxury honestly might deserve to be higher the way he's ripping people apart in the winner's league.

I'm not gonna keep going, but I really think the rest of the choices were easy besides stork, who, like the rest of Samsung, is playing like complete *** and probably should have been knocked off the rankings for someone who's playing well recently like Hiya or something (he TKed STX soul and is 11-3 since christmas).

Bakasquad5

Smash Apprentice
Ride the Hurricane Road Artist formerly known as t
WHHATTTTTTTT?

The wii is horrible because pretty much most of the developers have given up on the Wii because the system is not next gen material. It was nothing but a mere fad system. It's quite sad actually, the Wii had the most potential out of all the new systems.

What ar eyou doing Tuesday night Jam? Please tell me you magically dont have work and we can get high, play video games, and drink? :)
define potential becuz the wii is definitely lacking in the hardware department... and software... the wii just sucks all around... in everyway... its sad that its doing so well, hardcore gamers get ur kicks now... the wii killd all games for us in the future =/

also yah flash needs to step his game up... its funny how his name is flash, but he takes ****ing forever to finish his games

edit: everyone with a wii should own metriod prime 3.. its one of the best games for the wii hands down.. if not the best.. do yourself a favor get it

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
edit: everyone with a wii should own metriod prime 3.. its one of the best games for the wii hands down.. if not the best.. do yourself a favor get it
I KNEW I forgot something in that list. That is one I definitely want to try but I've been avoiding it thinking "I should beat MP2 first"...and never getting around to beating MP2. >_>

Laijin

Smash Hero
"I'm ranked 11 on a list of assassins and I'm going to kill higher ranked people until I'm #1." It didn't take me long to figure out I wasn't going to get that great of a story playing the game <_<. I actually laughed at how much back story they just kind of jammed into the final chapter, fourth wall breaking included
I also lol'd @ "What if the game gets delayed? You don't want this to become More Heroes Forever, do you?"
D
Here. A breakdown of the boss fights and how I felt about them by rank. See if you agree with me or not.

10. Death Metal: Not bad. Kinda a tutorial boss. Does'nt really count
9. Dr Peace: Not bad, once again. Picks up the pace in difficulty. I enjoyed it
8. Shinobu: One of the most fun bosses in the game. I loved this one.
7. DestroyMan: Awesome Boss. But not so fun of a fight. It was far too easy and pretty boring
6. Holly Summers: Awesome. Awesome fight. I loved this battle
5. Letz Shake: Uhh...and heres the part where the game starts feeling like its being rushed. Not even a boss fight as the game kills him for you
4. Harvey: Cool idea. Bad execution. This boss fight was more frustrating than anything. That frustration canceled out all of my fun :[
3. Speed Buster: Not fun. wtf srsly? Not even a boss battle. Just felt like a washed up dungeon they just through in.
2. Bad Girl: Uhh..no. The only cool part was being able to bat the bodies back at her. But wtf @ her instant kill. You don't know its an instant kill until you get hit by it. Thats the most ******** **** ever. seriously. Its not even hard, its just ****ing stupid.
1.??? : Cool. The game kills off another boss for me
0: Jeane: By far the best boss battle in the game. The game really makes up for the past 5 bosses for this one. and wtf @ the ridiculous plot twists lololol.

Henry: It was fun..but oh wow. Its like a 30 minute boss battle of the same **** over and over again. Quite quite boring after the first half of it. And if you die..playing it second time will make your hand cramp so badly :[

So what do you think Dazwa?

Spife

Smash Master
That game did look mighty good. Not good enough to get a wii but still! Prettttyy good.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Here. A breakdown of the boss fights and how I felt about them by rank. See if you agree with me or not.

10. Death Metal: Not bad. Kinda a tutorial boss. Does'nt really count
9. Dr Peace: Not bad, once again. Picks up the pace in difficulty. I enjoyed it
8. Shinobu: One of the most fun bosses in the game. I loved this one.
7. DestroyMan: Awesome Boss. But not so fun of a fight. It was far too easy and pretty boring
6. Holly Summers: Awesome. Awesome fight. I loved this battle
5. Letz Shake: Uhh...and heres the part where the game starts feeling like its being rushed. Not even a boss fight as the game kills him for you
4. Harvey: Cool idea. Bad execution. This boss fight was more frustrating than anything. That frustration canceled out all of my fun :[
3. Speed Buster: Not fun. wtf srsly? Not even a boss battle. Just felt like a washed up dungeon they just through in.
2. Bad Girl: Uhh..no. The only cool part was being able to bat the bodies back at her. But wtf @ her instant kill. You don't know its an instant kill until you get hit by it. Thats the most ******** **** ever. seriously. Its not even hard, its just ****ing stupid.
1.??? : Cool. The game kills off another boss for me
0: Jeane: By far the best boss battle in the game. The game really makes up for the past 5 bosses for this one. and wtf @ the ridiculous plot twists lololol.

Henry: It was fun..but oh wow. Its like a 30 minute boss battle of the same **** over and over again. Quite quite boring after the first half of it. And if you die..playing it second time will make your hand cramp so badly :[

So what do you think Dazwa?
(lolol edited in spoiler tags for ye)

Wow, looking back at that list, I realize that the only boss fight I didn't like was
DestroyMan, although his Captain Falcon-esque war cries were entertaining >_>. Speed Buster was kind of fun, not my favorite but it replaced a boss fight with an entertaining dungeon. Bad Girl's OHKO is silly because it's pretty obvious she's going to hit you with a super counter when you hit her like that, but I hit it on accident because I was trying to punish an opening and she just happened to take that counter stance <_<. I don't count Rank 5 as a boss fight, but more of a chance to hear Travis utter the the best line in the game, "Mister Sir Henry Mother****er", but the lack of Rank 1 was at least filled in by Jeane. If we exclude 5, and include Henry, my boss fight tier list would look like...Jeane>Henry>Shinobu>Harvey=Holly Summers>Bad Girl>Dr. Peace=Speed Buster>Death Metal>DestroyMan. Taking into account when they happen, my list looks like 0>-1>8>4=6>2>9=3>10>7

Cort

Apple Head
Yeah....and then you link us to an asian site.........

Seriously, is everyone in CT like super uber asian? All you guys ever talk about is super asian video games, asian music videos, asian girls, make asian faces (DD, Solid Jake, Nus, Axel, Khaly) XD and talk about asian anime shows. The only people that should be legit asian are Nus, Milktea, SleepyK, Khaly, and i'm sorry but DD....because he just acts too asian for his own good.
ur dum

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
1-I said you guys post stupid ****. I did not specifically say Starcraft was stupid. Personally though; I think Starcraft, wow, and basically any PC game is a waste of time.

3-Anyone who is anyone should know that megaman was originally called Rockman.
Megaman is called rockman in japan and megaman in western countries. His correct name in english is Megaman.
By that same token, how come you don't call pac-man Puck-man? Or Mario Jumpman? Or Kirby "kah bee"?
Fox Mccloud = Fokkusu Makuraudo
etc.

I think any video game is a waste of time overall. Smash bros is a huge waste of time. We could be out partying and getting drunk and knocking up women and not taking responsibility for them.

or we could be doing research and solving the world's problems.

btdubs getting drunk is stupid.

People talk about things they like, pof.
You happen to like playing smash bros and getting drunk.
Boxman and pocky and mogwai and etc like starcraft. what's the problem?
emoticons are emoticons.
trying to insinuate insults toward people because they like certain things is, you know, uncool.
unless they deserve it, like chinks.

also, I continue my campaign against calling Japanese cartoons "anime."
they're just japanese cartoons. They don't deserve their own special name.
Korean and chinese animation studios pump out a lot of good cartoons, but it's always awkward when you say "korean anime" or "chinese anime" because it's geared specifically for the jap cartoons.

edit: wat, jap is censored but chink isn't? Vbulletin is a japanophile.
gook, chink, slant, banana, dink
NONE ARE CENSORED GGGGHHGHGHG

Laijin

Smash Hero
I like japanese cartoons.

oh and wtf. how could I miss that? Tales Of Symphonia 2 does not fail. People hate it cause its not Tales of Symphonia 1 and they ***** and moan about the main character. Well **** you.
Its an awesome game and its defiantly worth your money rather than like..Wii Fit.
Even the combo system has vastly improved. I mean ****, did the orignial Symphonia have their own combo videos that looked this awesome and fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y2g2_7ZPk4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3raSnHg2U0&feature=related

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Also, Jam, did you hear about that Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus or whatever its called being brought over to the states, I think? I could be wrong on that news because the subtitles confused me >_>
Yeah, it's called Accent Core Plus. Basically, it's just a slightly tweak version of Accent Core (like they changed little things to balance it more), they added a 1-player story mode and included two boss characters (Cliff and Justice) as playable characters.

The big reason to buy it is for Cliff and Justice, but they're so broken and unbalanced (being boss characters and all) that it's really not worth it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
starcraft is a ****ing *****in game, the scene for it is much bigger than the smash scene and I get so perplexed by it's amazingness that I can not see how it could be a waste of time.

I figured you were insulting it since you posted a paragraph about asian things in the same post you said that people post stupid crap. I deduced you were being a hypocrite. Also i assumed it was your wii since when I played you and asked why we were in japan mode you said "because it's kawaii" or some ****

That's stupid that you would call a game by it's japanese name on an english website. That's like calling melee SSBDX and brawl SSBX, or using the japanese names for the Street Fighter characters.
welcome to PoF-land. enjoy your stay.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
That vid that Cort posted is crazy. Had **** in it I've never seen before.

I played Melee, Starcraft, and Brawl while the Superbowl was happening lol. 2v2 in SC is WAAAAY too much fun. I greatly prefer it over singles. And how come this Leta guy isn't on GOMTV winning that tourny if he's so good? I've never heard of him, yet most of all the others on that list are on GOMTV.

LOL

edit- the majority MD/VA plays Tatsunoko vs Capcom about as much as Brawl now lol it's probably even more popular. It's a pretty fun game and we already have so many people here who ****ing **** in it.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
edit- the majority MD/VA plays Tatsunoko vs Capcom about as much as Brawl now lol it's probably even more popular. It's a pretty fun game and we already have so many people here who ****ing **** in it.
As I understand it, there are some pretty broken teams in that game.

Sliq

Smash Master
- No More Heroes is incredibly fun and crazy, and zomg there's a sequel coming out! Sliq suggested it to me and it's the one time he's ever been right about anything! Anything! (lol Sliq if you search for your name and find this) It's also the only Wii game I've played where the waggle was actually an enjoyable control thingy for me (but it still felt tacked on)
- Super Paper Mario was fun but it seemed like not many people enjoyed it due to its different gameplay from the first two Paper Marios.
- I loved Galaxy (although the
Luigi
-side of the game felt really lazily added on)
- I love Brawl (although there's obvious disagreement amongst many in this site).
- I never tried Twilight Princess, but heard both good and "meh" things about it.
- Was debating Tales of Symphonia 2 but I've been told (by Sliq) otherwise.
- Was debating Animal Crossing but I'm so afraid it's going to be the same old stuff so I haven't tried it
- Mario Kart Wii looked good but I guess I was never truly interested in it.
- Tatsunoko vs Capcom is really fun and it looks like a bunch of people in the smash community are getting into it. Sliq also informs me I am wrong about Viewtiful Joe being bad in TvC. I'm so sorry :(. Speaking of TvC, I should make one of those MD/VA sigs for the TvC characters I use but it's hard to come up with funny names for Rock Volnutt (I think that's the official name of that particular Mega Man, it's at least his name in the guides I've read so lol) and Ryu since they're pretty well known <_<. Any suggestions?

upcoming games
- I randomly started hearing about "Fragile," like it was known about forever, looks okay but I'm not that interested in it, maybe if I see more...
- No More Heroes 2 omg omg omg omg omg
- I'll just mention it here because DD does every day - Monster Hunter 3 Tri
- That TMNT fighting game that Ubisoft + Brawl Team is developing. It's apparently going to play like a Smash game with life meter (still keeping in ring outs but I'm guessing they're no longer center stage), but it comes out September =( Rat King for god tier
- Dragon Quest 10 will probably be good but I found it funny they announced 10 for the Wii when 9 for the DS hasn't even been released lolol

Also, Jam, did you hear about that Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus or whatever its called being brought over to the states, I think? I could be wrong on that news because the subtitles confused me >_>
Hey guys, what's going on in this thread.

Also, Tales of Symphonia 2 was disappointing.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i'm sorry but DD....because he just acts too asian for his own good.
o.O What are you talking about?
>_> I don't act asian. That's silly :3.
I just like acting uber-kawaii and stuff :D!
<_< Who wants to make a gigantic bowl of ramen with me?
^____^; Then we can eat it with oversized chopsticks.

=3=; I wish I could type vertically without it taking so much time.

Instead of watching the super bowl I played GG. >_>
>_> YES!

It does Jam, though it was the Wii one so that might have been worse in your book x_X
>_> OUCH!

Also i assumed it was your wii since when I played you and asked why we were in japan mode you said "because it's kawaii" or some ****
LOL I CANNOT IMAGINE POFFY SAYING THAT.

I'm still trying to figure that out, I was playing with dizzy and liked her a lot. My friend told me to use eddie but I didn't click with eddie that much. I sometimes use order sol too.
D: Millia is fun. I use her!

- I love Brawl (although there's obvious disagreement amongst many in this site).
- I never tried Twilight Princess, but heard both good and "meh" things about it.
- I'll just mention it here because DD does every day - Monster Hunter 3 Tri
:D Barwl <3
TP has some epic boss fights, but they're all mad easy. Its really pretty though!
>:O **** YEA MH3!

Madworld looks kinda coo
Madworld is going to be the ****.

LOL.

DesuDesu
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
And how come this Leta guy isn't on GOMTV winning that tourny if he's so good? I've never heard of him, yet most of all the others on that list are on GOMTV.
Well, first off, GOMTV tournies aren't exactly the end all, be all of professional starcraft. In fact, some of the rankings systems don't even count games from GOM -_-; (I remember hearing something like Flash is still 4-1 vs. Bisu according to KESPA or something, so I imagine it's not endorsed by KESPA).

That being said, the real reason he isn't there is that for some reason or another, his team was one of the teams that did not participate in the GOM tourney. OnGameNet SPARKYZ and MBCGame HERO did not participate and I can't remember why, but that's why there are no Leta, YarnC, Light or Sea games to watch on GOM.

And I mean, seriously, the dude's 44-11 since July. I don't care what individual leagues you're in and how you're doing in them, if you win 80% of your games over 7 months, you're one of the best **** players on the planet, without a doubt.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Well, first off, GOMTV tournies aren't exactly the end all, be all of professional starcraft. In fact, some of the rankings systems don't even count games from GOM -_-; (I remember hearing something like Flash is still 4-1 vs. Bisu according to KESPA or something, so I imagine it's not endorsed by KESPA).

That being said, the real reason he isn't there is that for some reason or another, his team was one of the teams that did not participate in the GOM tourney. OnGameNet SPARKYZ and MBCGame HERO did not participate and I can't remember why, but that's why there are no Leta, YarnC, Light or Sea games to watch on GOM.

And I mean, seriously, the dude's 44-11 since July. I don't care what individual leagues you're in and how you're doing in them, if you win 80% of your games over 7 months, you're one of the best **** players on the planet, without a doubt.
Ah, I see. That's pretty crazy. Has this guy ever played against Jaedong or Stork?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
So, to reiterate:
I thought by now we'd reached a tacet understanding that nothing Garrett says is to be taken seriously.
Nick, you're so ****ing cute I can hardly stand it sometimes.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
I think that one of the only things I remember learning in school is your work is always left for interpretation regardless of what you initially wanted it to mean.
agreed. human nature is dumb sometimes
lol
shock value is shock value, but there's a difference between mindless shock value, like the Saw films or the pain olympics,
i resent that. saw is def much deeper than standard shock value. it has more mindgames and baits than any movie in the genre and for that matter most movies in general
those shirts are sick. do they sell them anywhere?
God the game was so ****ing good. i love sports, watching them at least (I'm fat).
agreed. no fat johns. i'm fat too but i still play sports
Doesn't matter if the wii fails now as it's already sold so much and they still can't be found at some stores
wow. never thought of it that way before. guess its successful to a different audience of gamers
LMAO

i love dave

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I think the most fun I have had on the wii aside from virtual console is Geometry Wars Galaxy. That game is mad addicting. That and playing the Dr Mario and Tetris wiiware games.

But I have had a PS3 for 6 months and have gotten like infinitely more fun out of it then my wii which I got the day it came out. Dead Space, Tekken 5 DR, Mirror's Edge, Metal Gear, hell even the Stars Wars game was more fun than most Wii crap.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Speaking of PS3, is there anywhere that still sells new 60 gigs without outrageous markups?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i resent that. saw is def much deeper than standard shock value. it has more mindgames and baits than any movie in the genre and for that matter most movies in general
right, but the main reason people watch them is for the shock value.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Ah, I see. That's pretty crazy. Has this guy ever played against Jaedong or Stork?
it's been a long time since he's played either of them.

using teamliquid's awesome game archives, he appears to be 0-1 vs. Jaedong and 1 - 1 vs. Stork.

I expect great things from him in OSL and MSL, but who knows, he might just be another Sea[Sheild] and start to fail miserably in individual leagues.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
They exiled him THEN shot him as he was walking away.

Actually they probably strangled him with his own mouse.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I bet that Korean was exiled/and or shot immediately in front of his her village.
guessing from the way said Korean played, it was probably a mentally handicapped, inbred, 4-year old girl, but hey, it was my first win on iccup vs. a korean, so I'll take it. They still played at 180 APM in ZvZ and completely out produced me in mutas, but they were dumb and didn't know that spore colonies **** mutas and hence gave me the game on a silver platter.

Top Bottom