• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Wow, Aeris, that's harsh. Although I am inclined to agree somewhat.
I know. But it's not the PP fans with whom I have a problem; I just abhor the character, and I resent anyone who continues to employ this waste of space. Sadly, Sakurai might be feeling my wrath soon. :ohwell:

Fawriel

Smash Master
I know. But it's not the PP fans with whom I have a problem; I just abhor the character, and I resent anyone who continues to employ this waste of space. Sadly, Sakurai might be feeling my wrath soon. :ohwell:
No reason to feel uneasy. He's just a boss. There is no reason for him to be playable. =P

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
No reason to feel uneasy. He's just a boss. There is no reason for him to be playable. =P
I sure hope so. It would feel like such a slap in the face for Sakurai to include my two biggest pet-peeves: Toad as an NPC and Petey as a PC. Combine the two and one officially earns my anger. :mad:

(Although I love what he did with Peach and Pit, so my hatred won't last...or at least not in full force.)

Sensai

Smash Master
I can understand being upset about Petey if Toad isn't a playable character. But as a boss, or at least a big bad guy, Petey's cool for me.

.Connor_Wilberg.

Smash Rookie
Does anyone else besides me think that Wario will some seriously boring $hit and be a stupid addition? I just feel that way dunno why :p

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^ I feel the same way, at first I thought he was a cool idea, but after a while I just seemed to lost interest in him

.Connor_Wilberg.

Smash Rookie
Wario is the only character that i dont rly care about.....Pit/Ike/Snake/Meta all make me giddy like a school girl :D lol

Repryx

Smash Champion
Ecspecially The Fartmehameha WTFlux??? lolz BTW Petey cant be playable when he is the size of a stage...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Did everyone miss me? If so, then I'll be confused, because I didn't go anywhere; I just haven't had much to say recently. Also, I just recently downloaded Super Metroid and begun playing it for the first time. I'm stuck already...

Than what is on the T.V. then?
The color blue, I believe.

I sure hope so. It would feel like such a slap in the face for Sakurai to include my two biggest pet-peeves: Toad as an NPC and Petey as a PC. Combine the two and one officially earns my anger. :mad:

(Although I love what he did with Peach and Pit, so my hatred won't last...or at least not in full force.)
I can see it now; a seven-foot tall Fungus-Flytrap called Petoady. Either that, or one-foot tall mushroom with a giant gullet. Either way, they're both plants in the end, right?
I expect this conflict with Sakurai to be resolved peacefully. I will not have war among my Doominators.

I can understand being upset about Petey if Toad isn't a playable character. But as a boss, or at least a big bad guy, Petey's cool for me.
I agree. Nothing wrong with minor characters filling necessary holes, but I share in the rage towards unimportant or unoriginal characters superceding more important or more established ones.

On a different note, Shritistrang, to address what you said awhile back, I am one of those people who doesn't want more Mario characters. The reason boils down to two factors; variety and limitations. Smash Bros is supposed to be the best of the Nintendo universe. The WHOLE Nintendo universe. Three series' accounted for more than half of the characters in the last game; Mario (more, if you count DK and Yoshi, but I wouldn't), Zelda, Pokemon. Granted they are three of Nintendo's biggest guns right now, but that's just it. Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon are everywhere right now, and if I want to see more than a few major characters from each of them I'll go play a game from their series (which, I often do). What I want out of the Smash Bros. series is an amalgam of the best Nintendo of not only Nintendo's present, but it's past as well; characters like G&W and Little Mac, who've been around forever, but this is the only place you can currently see them.
If both could be accomplished, then you would hear no complaints from me, but the fact of the matter is that the number of characters in Smash Bros. will always be limited (that was what I meant earlier about limitations). And until Nintendo starts running low on new franchises to introduce to the Smash Bros. world, I just don't want to see any more from Nintendo's big three.

Of course, don't mistake any of what I said as a complaint about Melee or what I've seen of Brawl. I'm plenty happy with the current developments. I just wanted to clarify the other side of the story. :cool:

Not to abruptly change the subject, but doesn't this revelation sort of nix the idea of MK being the 'badguy' of Subspace Emissary? I mean, we've got our antagonist, right? That Ancient Minister dude?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Im Willing to bet that The Master(bation) Hand is gonn Return in the midst of all this and slap the ancient minister into oblivion and be the incredibly har Final Boss MUWAHAHAHAHAH

OmegaXXII

yeah I'm sure Master Hand or Crazy Hand are gonna do that and throw him down eternal darkness , but I wonder if Final destination will be around? with it's classic look

OmegaXXII

that's good to hear, but I'm guessing and hoping that it won't it will be totally re-done, but yea Petey Piranha playable FTW!!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Im Willing to bet that The Master(bation) Hand is gonn Return in the midst of all this and slap the ancient minister into oblivion and be the incredibly har Final Boss MUWAHAHAHAHAH
yeah I'm sure Master Hand or Crazy Hand are gonna do that and throw him down eternal darkness , but I wonder if Final destination will be around? with it's classic look
No mention of PP but yeah, i got this **** right! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamism
I think Kirby and Mario fight for the "royalties entertainment" sort of thing, then the black things come. Mario gets his *** kicked and he is captured along with the others. As the ship flies away with them inside, Zelda comunicates with Link through the triforce or something and he goes to save her but he needs help. She tells him Mario and Peach are there too and so Link goes to get Yoshi for help. He finds Yoshi but they are too late.
Mario: imprisoned
Peach and Zelda: escape and have to save Mario and Kirby
Kirby: Has to fight Meta Knight on the ship to his doom
Link and Yoshi: Travel following the ship
Along the way: Samus and Fox are imformed and come to help (Fox being shot at by Halberg)
Pit is on his own quest and Platuna tells him they're (Peach ect.) in danger and he later leaves to find them.
After Kirby fights Meta Knight, Meta Knight tells Kirby that the "dark magic guys" have taken over his ship and he's just playing along as a bad guy to find a way to stop them or find their plan.
At the end, Master hand has devised a plot to put an end to the SUPER SMASH BROS forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamism
ROFL
okay, he escapes too and meets with Link and Yoshi on the ground while he's fighting the remaining.....HOLY **** THAT'S IT

ok, the dark energy dudes just attack mario cause they're really after the royalty and Kirby (for Meta Knight) so they just fight Mario and stall him so he can't stop them all. While he's fighting, Yoshi and Link arrive and Mario tells them what happened. Mario and Link (make a great hero team) devise a plan to save them so they go their sepperate ways (together sometimes) to warn the other smash bros. They make it to Samus, Fox and Pit but....
BTW Yoshi is sent to track the ship.
Meanwhile: some of the other smash bros are attacked too, (Ike, DK, Bowsers catsle is invaded, Pickachu is caught LOL, ect.... are attacked
some escape.....some don't

I totally called it! Page 242 "Official Brawl Disscuss!"

FD will be awesome no matter what format/feel they make it in.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I am so pleased about today's update. I knew it was going to be a character, but I was expecting Falcon. This is 20 times better. I've wanted Diddy in Smash ever since Melee, and now I've finally got my wish! Even better, it looks like I won't have to unlock him!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm not as excited as I was about PT because this one was hella obvious. I just didn't expect it to come so soon. In any case, Diddy seems pretty comical. =)

wordman

Smash Apprentice
screw all of u who are not excited. this was overdue. Diddy Kong ***** you all.....NOW GIVE ME B00zer Jr, Sakurai!!!! And I will give in return 200 necromancing lambs in return.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I'm not as excited as I was about PT because this one was hella obvious. I just didn't expect it to come so soon. In any case, Diddy seems pretty comical. =)
You were excited... but in a bad way, I suppose! :chuckle:

For a while I was wondering if today's update would have been Petey Piranha... but that would have caused you to have a heart attack, right?

So, for the sake of Aeris' heart, let's all rejoice and celebrate the appearance of Diddy on Brawl! Yay Diddy! You finally made it!

I wonder if his Final Smash includes his electric guitar from DK64. DK himself already has the bongos, so...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
You know, with Diddy Kong on the list, that brings the confirmed character list up to 17 (19, if you're counting Snake and MetaKnight), with at least two more highly likely confirmed starters (Falcon, Ness/Lucas), that gives us a minimum assumed starting roster of 19-20 characters, and that's assuming none of the unlockables from Melee return as starters. Granted, I expected for the Brawl roster to be a bit bigger than Melee, but 20+ starting characters?

I'm a bit surprised by that, and it makes me wonder if perhaps these "Warning Challenger Approaching" characters are actually unlockables.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
warning challenger approaching is an incorect translation from the japanese site which has the same graphical gray/ black rectangle but also states the characters name

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well... wow. Unexpected. At least that he updated it today in the first place. No Dixie then, I suppose... fortunately. That girl looks frikkin creepy.
Diddy doesn't really do much for me, but at least a lot of fans are pleased now, I guess. Yay!

Hmm, Scav....ever update that list? Might wanna add Pokemon trainer, and diddy kong to it. I didn't see diddy kong coming either. Guess Nintendo going for that real SUPER smash bros. feel. And Just think, if pokemon trainer, ike, meta knight, ect. are just the pre-released characters....think of what could be the secret characters?! I'm sure nintendo will have a HUGE surprise for us at the end of the new smash game.

JPW

Smash Ace
it looks like my theory on the starting roster has gone to shreds.

if he keeps on revealing a character or 2 every week. chances are we could see full roster by the release date. the release date in Japan is what i'm going by.

i'm starting to believe Ike and Diddy. I would hope that Diddy is. which me think now that there could be a starting roster update.

Diddy, I think doing something with DK will unlock Diddy.

There is one thing i'm not getting though... where's Snake and Metaknight?

With Metaknight I always felt you'd be unlocking him with Kirby somehow, or the way it's looking we might be unlocking new characters via the "Adventure Mode." When you meet them, or defeat them you unlock them.
This will only be for newcomers that you meet though.

going back to these updates. i just have to say where's Falcon, Ness and Ice Climbers.

Link226

Smash Ace
it looks like my theory on the starting roster has gone to shreds.

if he keeps on revealing a character or 2 every week. chances are we could see full roster by the release date. the release date in Japan is what i'm going by.

i'm starting to believe Ike and Diddy. I would hope that Diddy is. which me think now that there could be a starting roster update.

Diddy, I think doing something with DK will unlock Diddy.

There is one thing i'm not getting though... where's Snake and Metaknight?

With Metaknight I always felt you'd be unlocking him with Kirby somehow, or the way it's looking we might be unlocking new characters via the "Adventure Mode." When you meet them, or defeat them you unlock them.
This will only be for newcomers that you meet though.

going back to these updates. i just have to say where's Falcon, Ness and Ice Climbers.
I remember reading (Don't remember where) the newcomers shown in Dojo won't be characters to unlock, so they are basically default characters. As for snake not being there, didn't Sakurai say he was going to be a character to unlock? Which would explain why he's not in dojo

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
with the addition of diddy and Red, it is confirmed that nintendo will add whoever the hell they feel like :p

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Ha...I wasn't surprised
I was expecting a character to trail off from a vet, Krystal or Diddy.
Krystal is next now, I can smell her...Diddy is not unlockable...he's already on the starting roster list (that's what that list is), snake is unlockable (won't be mentioned until after release)...it's weird how this Q is still getting asked? 0_o

I'm glad we have a "scambler" now. Another sweet concept MUHAHAHAHA! Diddy Konline Pwnage comin right up!

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I say that August 22nd, 2007 should be considered the International Day of the Diddy in honor of this great announcement. YES! YES! YES!
wow! this is tight, althought I can't get over myself that Dixie didn't make it with him as the new duo bot seeing Diddy by himself made me realize he's much better off by himself so yead Diddy FTW!!
I love diddy kong. I hope he can ride the Rino from dkc, and i hope his cartwheel is in the game. I'll probably main as either Z-samus, PokeTrainer, Zelda, or Diddy Kong. Maybe i'll have 4 mains!
(Diddy Kong Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom