• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Haha! I knew you'd be the one to get excited about Peach. And what was that move? You know the one that Zelda uses to get over to Mario and Kirby? It looks like... is it... kinda reminds me of... Farore's Wind! Oh my goodness! ANOTHER OoT move!? Wow... I wonder if she'll keep Nayru's Love? And her dB... which whatever it was and whatever it did and whoever it transformed her into has seemed to slip my mind...

Also, I have a question regarding a certain screenshot we were given...

This question is: ZOMGWTF!? PALUTENA!?
Will we be able to play as her? Or is she there solely to give Pit's story relevence? I hope it's the prior!

And my third and final question: What's with Meta Knight being the courier of little robot forming clouds? Is he evil? And what in the world is he fighting in that one screenshot that look strangely similar to him in shape?

Can we call the robot making clouds Agent Purple? Y'know... like Agent Orange. Only instead of a deforesting mutagen used in the Vietnam War, it's a robot forming cloud used in Smash.
Well, of course I got excited! How could I not? :)

As far as Palutena goes, the latter is my guess, and probably the more likely of the two outcomes. Exciting as the prospect may be, I think it's safe to say that she is only included for the sake of Pit's storyline in Adventure Mode.

And, um..."is Metaknight evil?" Is hydrogen the first element on the periodic table. Duhhz, my friend. ;) Hahah, joking aside, it would seem that Metaknight remains a villain in Smash Bros. as well.

And I love the name! Any references to U.S. History--good and bad--get me excited. Good name. Agent Purple ahoy! :grin:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
But Meta Knight was never actually evil (as far as I've read from Wikipedia). He's been a rival to Kirby, as Wolf is to Fox and as Vegeta (post Freiza saga) is to Goku. He cares for his homeworld of Dreamland, and was only fighting Kirby because he was duped by King Dedede somehow. Maybe Meta Knight was somehow duped by Master Hand or whoever the new main force is in Brawl? Giga... Hand?

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
D@mn it! God f**king d@mn it!

I went to post a reply to The rAt's post, but when I hit "Preview Post" I got the "This page cannot be found" piece of crap. When I went back, everything I had written had been deleted, leaving only The rAt's original quoted post. So, since I had a lot, I say f**k it, and I think we should just send this whole issue to a fiery grave. Okay, rAt and Rhyme?
I hate when that happens. I'm so long-winded that typing things twice could be dangerous. Anyhow, consider the issue dead.

How does that disconfirm YL? He didn't say YL wouldn't be in Brawl. He just confirmed Ganon and Sheik. There's a difference.

If I'm wrong, please explain...

Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey! I mained Young Link! And like I said, he hasn't basically been deconfirmed. If you try to over-prioritize the Dair of Death, I'll use the Fire Spike instead! That or the down-A tilit spike.

I don't think it "officially" deconfirms Y. Link by any means, but I think some people could read it that way. If nothing else, it raises suspicion. Actually though, I think the key thing to consider (contextually) is the absence of Zelda. Why would she be omitted? I came up with three reasons. One of them has already been mentioned; that Zelda/Shiek are the same character once again, and Aonuma (sp?) merely meant both.
However, the other idea is that Link and Zelda having already been pulled straight out of Twilight Princess, Aonuma was being asked about characters which were not featured prominantly in Twilight Princess, but were needed to fit into TP's style. In that case, he could actually have been refering to Young Link (after all, we the fans are more apt to refer to him as "Young" Link, because we are all still refering back to OoT). Then again, there's option three; Sakurai just wanted to do Zelda herself on his own, in which case we know nothing new about Y.Link.

On a side note, Ice Climbers d*** well better come back. More variety = awesome.

Andy

P.S. how about the new font? Yes? No?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
twilight_hero: No, I wasn't offended...why exactly would I be? I understand that some people are infuriated when words similar to "gay" are used in this fashion, what I remain unsure of is "why". But yeah, let us not argue anymore about this. It's not fun, and it's certainly not why I come here (as rarely as I do at that).

Dyce: XD Those italian families. (See the plastic on my furniture, people? Italian here!)

Haha, we get it, you're still obsessed over
Shiek
returning. Give it a rest, will you? ;p

I like the name "Agent Purple", it's very fitting. Sakurai and his team will have to give me another VERY creative noun if it's to replace this one.

The rAt: Yes, you understand me correctly, just another reason I despise conformity and the majority's ability to decide upon the criteria for normalcy.

Fawriel: -returns the gesture- ((Nothing 'important' ever happens here anyways. ^^))

Aeris: Connotation is a bi-haach, ain't it? Sorry to keep bringing this up, but I wanted to address everyone who was involved. Remember what happened with a certain "N" word? *Hilarious mental image I elect to not share for fear of offending someone.* Last time, promise. :3

Nice posts, didn't mind that some of them were long, partly because they are ALL WELL written. Don't worry about spamming capital letters, everyone has their own weakness, mine is tags. ^^

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find Peach when logging onto the Dojo Monday morning.

[WARNING!]
[N00B QUESTION APPROACHING!]​
What is everyone's thoughts on Pichu for Brawl. :chuckle:

EDIT: I vote up on the new font, it's stylish and, more importantly, easy to read. <.< What's everyone looking at me for? >.>

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
@Dyce, yeah, I like Meta Knight. he is always like a "bad guy" but he is actually a guy who REALLY loves where he lives.
I mean, in Amazing mirror, he helps Kirby w/ his sword.
oh well, unless the fighting is ruining the ecosystem or something, i think he is evil....
or some one hijacked his plane :p
:smash:

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well, I for one am guessing that Ike will be my main, he looks fast and ranged, or maybe strong and ranged..

Either way, I have learned from experience that range is just too good, what can your opponent do if he cant really land a solid hit =P

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
that link to a post of the moveset u made for Link/WolfLink. it sed single post on the top left of it after i clicked on the link. if u cant understand wut i jus wrote, im srry. i dont really know how to put it :p
Oh. Go to the post and right-click. Go to "Properties" and highlight the URL. Then copy and paste it.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

I don't think it "officially" deconfirms Y. Link by any means, but I think some people could read it that way. If nothing else, it raises suspicion. Actually though, I think the key thing to consider (contextually) is the absence of Zelda. Why would she be omitted? I came up with three reasons. One of them has already been mentioned; that Zelda/Shiek are the same character once again, and Aonuma (sp?) merely meant both.
However, the other idea is that Link and Zelda having already been pulled straight out of Twilight Princess, Aonuma was being asked about characters which were not featured prominantly in Twilight Princess, but were needed to fit into TP's style. In that case, he could actually have been refering to Young Link (after all, we the fans are more apt to refer to him as "Young" Link, because we are all still refering back to OoT). Then again, there's option three; Sakurai just wanted to do Zelda herself on his own, in which case we know nothing new about Y.Link.

On a side note, Ice Climbers d*** well better come back. More variety = awesome.

Andy

P.S. how about the new font? Yes? No?
The same ideas came into my head about the Zelda controversy-of-sorts. Really, I mean the exact same thoughts. Crazy.

And I enjoy the new font! I agree that it's easier to read, which is always a plus. Keep it.

^^^^
But Meta Knight was never actually evil (as far as I've read from Wikipedia). He's been a rival to Kirby, as Wolf is to Fox and as Vegeta (post Freiza saga) is to Goku. He cares for his homeworld of Dreamland, and was only fighting Kirby because he was duped by King Dedede somehow. Maybe Meta Knight was somehow duped by Master Hand or whoever the new main force is in Brawl? Giga... Hand?
I just played through Kirby's Adventure again (thanks, VC*!), so I guess that's why I see MK as a villain. In fact, I'm hard-pressed to say that I haven't yet played a game in which MK did not play an antagonistic role. :dizzy: Either way, I do suspect foul play on the part of the Hands.

Aeris: Connotation is a bi-haach, ain't it? Sorry to keep bringing this up, but I wanted to address everyone who was involved. Remember what happened with a certain "N" word? *Hilarious mental image I elect to not share for fear of offending someone.* Last time, promise. :3
Agreed. No worries; I'm glad that we can discuss it. I know that the N-word wasn't always offensive, but it's just sad that people opt to propagate hate by using words with offensive connotations.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Note: Skip to the last line.
Aeris said:
And, um..."is Metaknight evil?" Is hydrogen the first element on the periodic table. Duhhz, my friend. Hahah, joking aside, it would seem that Metaknight remains a villain in Smash Bros. as well.
Aeris said:
I'd liken Meta more to Knuckles (from Sonic) than Wolf (who actively tries to kill Fox & Co. on a regular basis).

He's also not a rival, "rival" meaning someone who's trying to beat you at something, but not in an overly evil (like, homicide) manner. In the games he appears in, he's either under some outside influence, or has been tricked into fighting Kirby. So yeah; Knuckles.

Okay, so that didn't have too much point. The POINT is...it seems strange for Meta-Knight to invade some stadium full of innocent people (and there must be like, a bajillion people in those stands) and unleash a whole ton of sinister pixie-dust.

So yeah, he's probably being controlled by the purple stuff.

SUMMARY: I agree with Dyce.

chansen

Smash Lord
Not only does wolf link stand a **** good chance at being in brawl, I think hes confirmed. Not only is Link in his TP getup but with the whole palutena thing, I'm pretty sure more people know wolf link, therefore it leads me to beleive that he'll not only be in brawl but He'll be closely tied to Link somehow.

Does anyone have a Kirby Superstar ROM, I know its hard to find but its worth a shot.

What were we actually talking about?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
I think what you meant to say was:

"Go die in a fire".

Much more insulting that way.

In all seriousness though, I mean no disrespect. My bad.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Question:
Why is there no screen captures of snake on the site?....

I just noticed that today....EVERYONE else is at least in a few photos that we know are in but don't have a page....except snake...tell the truth, the LAST thing on snake was the second movie...we didn't even SEE him in the E3 one!

....Maybe Sakurai is rethinking about snake...maybe they said he was going to be a BIT too early...Maybe im reading WAY too much into this...But do think about it...Because even metas in a few screen captures to this day yet...

chansen

Smash Lord
Snake is on a sneaking mission, he's hiding. He'll pop out when he has the best chance at looking really cool, light up a cig, and start the pwn.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
Question:
Why is there no screen captures of snake on the site?....

I just noticed that today....EVERYONE else is at least in a few photos that we know are in but don't have a page....except snake...tell the truth, the LAST thing on snake was the second movie...we didn't even SEE him in the E3 one!

....Maybe Sakurai is rethinking about snake...maybe they said he was going to be a BIT too early...Maybe im reading WAY too much into this...But do think about it...Because even metas in a few screen captures to this day yet...
hes a secret char. hes in... stop worrying..... you ARE reading into it too much

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Lipucd said:
Maybe im reading WAY too much into this...
That's the one.

We didn't start seeing Zamus or Pit in the screenies until they were featured in an update; the same will happen with Snake.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
The same ideas came into my head about the Zelda controversy-of-sorts. Really, I mean the exact same thoughts. Crazy.

And I enjoy the new font! I agree that it's easier to read, which is always a plus. Keep it.

Well, you know what they say; great minds think alike. Not sure what that means for us crazy folk, though...

Seriously, though I don't always say it, but you've verballized a lot of my thoughts as well. You're a very articulate fellow (or fellowette, as the case may be). If eyes are the windows of the soul, then words are the bullets of the mind. Er... Anyhow, I try not to get too attached to the smart folks in this thread though (wait, no I don't! Drat!), as sooner or later they all seem to move on to bigger and better debates.

Speaking of which, where's Sensai?

Rhyme, I agree about how confirmity sucks. Unfortunately, I don't think I can actually really win, because if I become a non-conformist, then I'm just conforming to non-conformity. ****it! I'm just gonna do what I do and to **** with them both. :cool:

Anyhow, that makes two votes for the new font, and none against. New font it is.

Andy

blanko33

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for not posting to much here butt I was cheking in a page that they show some new media"it appears the character select from classic"I dont now if you guys saw it,youst informing!

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
I think Snake is in, i mean, in the Nintendo World movie(now going to be referred as Movie 2) it looked like they already had some of his move set. so i don't think Sakura'is going to say, "Nah, never mind, lets not make a character EVERYONE is anticipating and we already have Half done, no one will CARE!"
so i think he is in,(no disrespect intended(i.e. not a insult)

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
We didn't start seeing Zamus or Pit in the screenies until they were featured in an update; the same will happen with Snake.
With Pit, he was on the site within a couple days, so they didn't give him any time to not be in screenshots, but Zamus was indeed in other screenies before her updates, like... the banana peel, the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

About Snake not being in screenies though, I think it's just because Sakarai doesn't want him to be revealed too much... he doesn't want people to figure out his movesets. But that shouldn't stop him from being in screenshots where he's being beaten up or doing nothing...idk...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Well, you know what they say; great minds think alike. Not sure what that means for us crazy folk, though...

Seriously, though I don't always say it, but you've verballized a lot of my thoughts as well. You're a very articulate fellow (or fellowette, as the case may be). If eyes are the windows of the soul, then words are the bullets of the mind. Er... Anyhow, I try not to get too attached to the smart folks in this thread though (wait, no I don't! Drat!), as sooner or later they all seem to move on to bigger and better debates.
Bahahaha, that's true. We're a regular McMurphy and Chief Bromden. ;) (If you caught that allusion, I commend you).

It's fellow; don't let the name mislead you, haha. I already explained to Fawriel that the account was created by my 12-year-old self oh-so many years ago after playing FFVII for the first time. Aeris was my favorite character. Blame it on my youth! Had I not played FFVII so recently prior to joining SWF, I very well might have been "GobiTheCamel" (if anyone knows who that is, I officially love you) or "Toad", most likely an alteration of the latter: "ToadKid" or something, I suppose.

Fear not, however; I have no desire to leave this thread and / or its numerous debates. When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, eh wot? :chuckle:

chansen

Smash Lord
(no disrespect intended(i.e. not a insult)
I didnt even think it was...nor would anybody.

Snakes in, they can't not have him in, that like false advertising or something. I'll probably weep for a while if snakes not in. Then...we riot.\

/completely serious

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Bahahaha, that's true. We're a regular McMurphy and Chief Bromden. ;) (If you caught that allusion, I commend you).

It's fellow; don't let the name mislead you, haha. I already explained to Fawriel that the account was created by my 12-year-old self oh-so many years ago after playing FFVII for the first time. Aeris was my favorite character. Blame it on my youth! Had I not played FFVII so recently prior to joining SWF, I very well might have been "GobiTheCamel" (if anyone knows who that is, I officially love you) or "Toad", most likely an alteration of the latter: "ToadKid" or something, I suppose.

Fear not, however; I have no desire to leave this thread and / or its numerous debates. When you're a Jet, you're a Jet all the way, eh wot? :chuckle:
isnt gobi the camel from banjo kazooie. you meet him in that one desrt stage, and you can go inside the sphynx. i think thats where hes from. ( and if hes not, tham there is another camel in banjokazooie)...peace

EDIT: "Gobi's Valley: An Egyptian-themed desert world named after the camel Gobi, containing pyramids, quicksand, and a bear-modeled sphinx."

I WAS RIGHT AERIS!!!! DO YOU LOVE ME?

EDIT2: i loved the banjokazooie games, they were great

-hiroshi

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
With Pit, he was on the site within a couple days, so they didn't give him any time to not be in screenshots, but Zamus was indeed in other screenies before her updates, like... the banana peel, the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

About Snake not being in screenies though, I think it's just because Sakarai doesn't want him to be revealed too much... he doesn't want people to figure out his movesets. But that shouldn't stop him from being in screenshots where he's being beaten up or doing nothing...idk...
Snake is an unlockable, Saki said it himself... He's not in any screneis cause they aren't gonna show things you have to Unlock. When we get Brawl and he's not there but he's been on the website, @ chansen: then it's "false advertising"

isnt gobi the camel from banjo kazooie. you meet him in that one desrt stage, and you can go inside the sphynx. i think thats where hes from. ( and if hes not, tham there is another camel in banjokazooie)...peace

EDIT: "Gobi's Valley: An Egyptian-themed desert world named after the camel Gobi, containing pyramids, quicksand, and a bear-modeled sphinx."

I WAS RIGHT AERIS!!!! DO YOU LOVE ME?

EDIT2: i loved the banjokazooie games, they were great

-hiroshi
BANJO & KAZOOIE the next new comer
CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!!

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
Snake is an unlockable, Saki said it himself... He's not in any screneis cause they aren't gonna show things you have to Unlock. When we get Brawl and he's not there but he's been on the website, @ chansen: then it's "false advertising"
I'm quite aware that Sakarai said that Snake is unlockable, but I don't think that that is nessecarily the reason. I mean... Ike was shown and based on the fact that it said CHALLENGER APPROACHING right above his update makes me believe he's probably unlockable as well.

Fartemup

Smash Journeyman
I think Ike is just a New Challenger...After all he's a challenger and he's "approaching" as of Brawl but he's never been seen before in the trails ect...
Notice it doesn't say Challenger Approaching when you look at him under characters, just on home.
Ya true... my resolution is big so I could already see part of Ike right when the page loaded, but I bet for most people, they would have seen Challenger Approaching first, and then thought, Oh my god, its a new character, then scrolled down to find Ike... but idk, that makes sense...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
BTW If you main IC's,
Peach FTW
Then IC's FTW and the IC's are gonna KICK FREAKING @$$!!!
Falcon. then Ness after that
1 or 2 new comers before those four are done too

I dea for the IC's (better survival when it's just one IC):
Foward B change:
Dives directly forward (Pickachu, Luigi but no charging and maybe not quite as far) holding out a pitchfork infront of them. When they hit a surface, (with the pitchfork, so a little more range in the hit box in front of them) they cling to it (Samus, Link) and can throw themselves back upward with it. Not bad eh?

P.S. It'd be cool if Yoshi could grab the edge with his toungue and finger grip too. Not quite like Link (or IC's) because Yoshi haas to basically be touching the surface to reach for it and hold on.

Wreked

Smash Lord
BTW If you main IC's,
Peach FTW
Then IC's FTW and the IC's are gonna KICK FREAKING @$$!!!
Falcon. then Ness after that
1 or 2 new comers before those four are done too

I dea for the IC's (better survival when it's just one IC):
Foward B change:
Dives directly forward (Pickachu, Luigi but no charging and maybe not quite as far) holding out a pitchfork infront of them. When they hit a surface, (with the pitchfork, so a little more range in the hit box in front of them) they cling to it (Samus, Link) and can throw themselves back upward with it. Not bad eh?

P.S. It'd be cool if Yoshi could grab the edge with his toungue and finger grip too. Not quite like Link (or IC's) because Yoshi haas to basically be touching the surface to reach for it and hold on.
About yoshi

That would be fun if it would only work on an icy level then every once in a while yoshi gets stuck. Wait A Chirstmas Story confirmed for Brawl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom