• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
Alot of people already came to the conclusion it was FE stage, from the get go. The flags gave it away.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Man, I wish they used FE10 Ike instead of FE9 Ike. FE9 Ike is a pansy D:. FE10 Ike is one badass mothafugga on STEROIDS. Since they used the pansy version, he might replace Marth D:

Though in FE9, towards the end of the game, Ike would solo chapters <_<

-PM-

Smash Ace
the new stage is like movement heaven for mario =D the platforms are set up perfect and that weird middle slant is a perfect combo waiting to happen but the bottom floor looks more of a marth/ike/roy stage with those platforms and i cant wait to see what the underground looks like what if its like a flat surface like FD =) btw i cant wait to see the new FD if there is one the new battlefield is kinda not as B.A. as the other one =/ and i think the best stage so far is sky world and lylat cruise

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Not gonna lie, I think this is the most intriguing stage yet. For some reason, the first section of it reminds me of Hyrule Castle from the original SSB (that and the poke level being my two faves).

On a side note, Sakurai seems to be involving Ike in those screenshots quite a bit for a secret character. Maybe he really is a starter...

Andy
I agree wholly. The stage changes not once but twice, thrice if you count the clearing out of statues. My guess is that the underground area will resemble the LoZ Adventure Mode area: a dark dungeon, cracking and crumbling with age, pools in its recesses formed by water slowly seeping down from the world above. (And does anyone else find it ironic that the whole Marth's-realm-or-Ike's-realm debate was in vain?).

It's so hard to say about Ike. Sakurai has conditioned us over the course of some eight years to bounce up and down with glee at the sight of "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" As it has been said, they could have just been used to make an event of the announcement of a true newcomer.

On the other hand, Sakurai also references the secret character acquisition screens in Ike's bio ("From Fire Emblem, Ike appears!"). It could have been a mere courtesy for those who do not recognize Ike, but we cannot yet say for sure. Something else to consider: Ike has only been used heavily in the FE stage screenshots. All other screenshots have yet to show him at all (and for good reason). It is currently too early to tell whether or not Sakurai is actually using him for demonstrating the FE series or if he really will be joining the rest of them as a part of regular updates. Likewise, Metaknight has been used in screenshots as well, and it is speculated that he, too, will remain a secret character. Only time will tell, huh?

missionMARIO

Smash Rookie
With the launch of decemberr 3, that only means one thing....action replay for wii. If we could be giga bowser in melee,then we are defintly going to be able to be the assist trophie charcters. Bad news is we only get to use one move.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
I'm fairly certain that, even with AR, we're not going to be controlling any ATs in Brawl. Think about it: who could we take control of using AR in Melee? Giga Bowser, Master Hand, and Sandbag. Both Giga and Master had some form of A.I. and a set of attacks, and Giga and Sandbag were both set up as real characters with real physics that worked off the game's gravity (though Sandbag just didn't have any moves).

ATs are basically Pokemon from all corners of Nintendo. Throw a capsule, they pop out, they attack whatever is in their path. And while most of the Pokemon were invincible (like most of the ATs will be) the ones that could be damaged didn't follow the gravity scheme, they just flew off in whatever direction they were attacked. Could we control Pokemon in Melee? No, we couldn't. Just Pichu, Pikachu, Jiggs, and Mewtwo. I don't think we'll be doing it this time around either with Pokemon OR ATs.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
That's okay because I know that you don't. And neither do I.
No, you don't know that I don't, because you can't know something about me that I don't know, and if I don't know then you can't know either.

the new stage is like movement heaven for mario =D the platforms are set up perfect and that weird middle slant is a perfect combo waiting to happen but the bottom floor looks more of a marth/ike/roy stage with those platforms and i cant wait to see what the underground looks like what if its like a flat surface like FD =) btw i cant wait to see the new FD if there is one the new battlefield is kinda not as B.A. as the other one =/ and i think the best stage so far is sky world and lylat cruise
True. Although my favorite stage is the Castle Seige stage and BoE.

I agree wholly. The stage changes not once but twice, thrice if you count the clearing out of statues. My guess is that the underground area will resemble the LoZ Adventure Mode area: a dark dungeon, cracking and crumbling with age, pools in its recesses formed by water slowly seeping down from the world above. (And does anyone else find it ironic that the whole Marth's-realm-or-Ike's-realm debate was in vain?).

It's so hard to say about Ike. Sakurai has conditioned us over the course of some eight years to bounce up and down with glee at the sight of "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" As it has been said, they could have just been used to make an event of the announcement of a true newcomer.

On the other hand, Sakurai also references the secret character acquisition screens in Ike's bio ("From Fire Emblem, Ike appears!"). It could have been a mere courtesy for those who do not recognize Ike, but we cannot yet say for sure. Something else to consider: Ike has only been used heavily in the FE stage screenshots. All other screenshots have yet to show him at all (and for good reason). It is currently too early to tell whether or not Sakurai is actually using him for demonstrating the FE series or if he really will be joining the rest of them as a part of regular updates. Likewise, Metaknight has been used in screenshots as well, and it is speculated that he, too, will remain a secret character. Only time will tell, huh?
I like your description. If you wanted to, I'm sure you could be a writer.

I didn't know what to expect from the "Warning: Character Approaching!" thing. I wasn't following the updates last time. I didn't even know it exsisted for about a year after Melee came out, maybe more. I didn't even know about the original either. SSBM is part of the reason I bought my 'Cube, in fact. Anyway, I think Ike will have to be unlocked, but I hope not...he looks friggin' awesome!

Yeah, that's true about the Character Acquisition screen. And about the screen shots. But you know how every time a character is confirmed, Sakurai uses him or her in every screenshot there is for a little while. And, as I have said before, I seriously hope MK is available from the get-go. But after so long, why hasn't he been updated?!?!?!?

With the launch of decemberr 3, that only means one thing....action replay for wii. If we could be giga bowser in melee,then we are defintly going to be able to be the assist trophie charcters. Bad news is we only get to use one move.
Action Wiiplay, huh? And I think Dyce is right on this. We won't be able to play as ATs or Pokemon. Although we probably will be able to play as every major enemy (Wireframes(or their replacements), the hands, not GB though, 'cause of Bowser's FS), not ATs.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I like your description. If you wanted to, I'm sure you could be a writer.

I didn't know what to expect from the "Warning: Character Approaching!" thing. I wasn't following the updates last time. I didn't even know it exsisted for about a year after Melee came out, maybe more. I didn't even know about the original either. SSBM is part of the reason I bought my 'Cube, in fact. Anyway, I think Ike will have to be unlocked, but I hope not...he looks friggin' awesome!

Yeah, that's true about the Character Acquisition screen. And about the screen shots. But you know how every time a character is confirmed, Sakurai uses him or her in every screenshot there is for a little while. And, as I have said before, I seriously hope MK is available from the get-go. But after so long, why hasn't he been updated?!?!?!?
Ohh, thank you kindly, sir! That's quite a compliment. :)

The (Japanese) Melee site was quite a bit different than what we have for Brawl, or at least aesthetically. Secret characters in Melee were only revealed after the game's release; conversely, Snake was introduced to us during our first look at Brawl, and Sakurai has confirmed that he will be a hidden character. This could reaffirm the idea that Ike could be a secret character as well, but I think that Sakurai would like to keep something that special in store for later. Ike's status is contingent upon whether or not Metaknight is a secret character. Metaknight's update might shed some light on the issue; on the other hand, he might not get the "Warning!" sign, seeing as he was previously revealed in the E3 '06 trailer. Expect to get the Halberd update once we get MK's, though.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
well, with action replay, maybe theres a command to always stay in FS mode, so Giga Can be possible. playing as AT, no, as Dyce said, Pokemon from around Nintendo. and what i have to say about Ike's appearance, is that he is a secret character still, yeah he was in the screen shots, but if you look closely that he is Not doing a Single move, that means that his moves are still secret. and the "Challenger Approaching" that ever since the Original Smash, meant secret character. so i still think he is a secret, although he is in the screen shots, its just to represent his stage. like DK, he was on his stage.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
not sure, but the old AR, were not compatible with the newer game cubes, so with that in mind, the AR possibly wont exist for the Wii, because of the constant Updating. i think it would out the AR. because all Wii's are now on the same level if you have been updating.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Besides, I think it's interesting to see that those two statues are holding the platforms... which should make them drop down or at least tilt when the statues are destroyed.

I hope that this time, every game series presented by the fighter characters are getting their own stage...
The statues do tilt when destroyed, consult the fourth picture from today's "Castle Siege" update.

I agree, every character should have their own stage and, so far, that seems to be the case with Brawl. We've now seen a potential stage for every officially announced character except for Zelda/Link (It's one of them because there is but one Zelda stage, I'm just not sure who it belongs to...gonna go with Link though.), Wario, and Zamus/Samus (who will probably get the same stage). Maybe that's not the overwhelming majority of characters that some of us were hoping for, but I've just got a hunch that each character will get their own stage this itteration.

Oh. My. Goodness. "Queer" is not a true insult, nor is "qu33r", your "clever" alteration. Using that word in a derogatory sense only proves your ignorance. Think before you post, huh?
Yup yup, "Warning: Challenger Approaching" probably does indicate that Ike is an unlockable character. Gonna go ahead and say, in utter randomness tinged with intuition, that Ike will be unlocked after playing as each of the starter characters at least once. (Yes, I came up with that all on my own. :p)

On a side note, why do some people take offense to those who use words like "gay" and "queer" to describe that which is merely "stupid"? Ever heard of "Falcon being gayed by Marth"? No harm is meant by poor diction, that's just who we are. Sorry, but I get so tired of people bickering each time something or someone is refered to as "gay". It just doesn't make any sense. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that this entire argument is gay Matt Damon.

The rAt: LMAO, I never get tired of hearing your rants on a specific and irritating rodent, who shall remain nameless. It's Pikachu, right? :p

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
...On a side note, why do some people take offense to those who use words like "gay" and "queer" to describe that which is merely "stupid"? Ever heard of "Falcon being gayed by Marth"? No harm is meant by poor diction, that's just who we are. Sorry, but I get so tired of people bickering each time something or someone is refered to as "gay". It just doesn't make any sense. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that this entire argument is gay Matt Damon....
People take offense to it because using it to mean stupid is offensive! It's like saying all gay couples are idiots! Taking the word "gay" and using it to mean "stupid" is just plain wrong. Same goes with ********. People who are mentally ******** aren't stupid. "Retardant" means something like "slowing." Flame-retardant, for example. It just means that the person is slow. That doesn't mean stupid. It means their brains work differently than other people's.

I'm sorry if I'm offending you, but this is the truth. It offends me, not because I'm gay (I'm not), but because 1) it's wrong, and 2) I know a lesbian couple. It offends other people, and I wish everyone would just pick another word.

...and so ends the rant.

CHUK

Smash Ace
If they bring back Mr G & W I hope he is 3 - Dimensional. Just seeing him in sprite form seems to take away from the game. I think He should keep the 2-D movement but yeah.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Bahaha I've done so much preordering lately: Mario Strikers Charged (acquired!), Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Phoenix Wright: Trials And Tribulations, Super Mario Galaxy, and--last but obviously not least--Super Smash Bros. Brawl! =)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
^^^^
Not me, I've only got MP3C and Brawl on reserve. I want to reserve a lot more, but all my money's in a bank account now. My parents watch over it. I can't take it all out to buy video games, my grandfather was all Italian, so my mom grew up in a very Italian manner. "What did you take out all your money from the bank for?"; "I needed to buy some things..."; "Like what?"; "...video games... NO MOM NOT THE WOODEN SPOON!!!"

chansen

Smash Lord
can you use the regular samus to0?
i dont like zero suit
omg, sometimes i love noobs.
I especially liked the zero at the end of "too".

G&W prolly didnt make it, but if he did, the least they could do is make his shield a little better.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
can you use the regular samus to0?
i dont like zero suit
I would like to help you my Nooby frend, go to http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html , look through the Main page, it shows you recent updates.Theres a link is to the left of the page, it will say "caracters", once done loading, scroll downward and you will see the catagories of "Newcomers" or "Vetran Fighters".
you will see the answer there. Thank you and have a meaningful life.:)

Weed

Smash Lord
I just got the greatest idea ever.

What if, for Fox's final smash, he got a permanent shine around him, about 3 times the size, for 20 seconds?

xD

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I've said it once, I'll say it again, this topic piles up like a mofo. I can't even come up with any new ideas, because I'm too busy responding to what other folks have to say. Good thing I'm ADD enough to just scan half of them.

Chansen, sure it's all fun and games until someone starts talking L337 (or however they spell it.)

CHUK, Twilight_hero is right; changing Mr. G&W to a three dimensional character would be something like replacing Bowser with the Dennis Hopper version from the movie. Sure, they call him Koopa, but I've yet to see him can blow fire or crush innocent toads with his immense girth.

No, you don't know that I don't, because you can't know something about me that I don't know, and if I don't know then you can't know either.
Hmmm. How do you know? Is it because you can't know something about me which I do not know about myself? Because you can know things about me that I cannot know about myself. Like for instance, if I was a psychopath (and thus, out of touch with reality). That would be something I might not know about myself, but it would (hopefully) be quite clear to you.

Okay, so I get your point, but I couldn't resist breaking it down. You know me. Anyhow, I'm certain we can argue epistomology some other time. I find it interesting that you would highlight Aeris potential as a writer (something I would certainly agree with), and I'm curious as to what you've got to say about my writing voice.

That said, I'm going to get into the middle of a potentially lethal debate between you and Rhyme (speaking of which, it's good to hear from you as always, Rhyme) by highlighting the fact that it is a very sticky debate depending on your moral stance, and just as importantly from where that moral stance is based.
Twilight_hero, I believe you are treading a fine line by talking about it in terms of right and wrong, because it begs the question of what right and wrong are and from where you base any claims you might make about them. I do not mean that to say that there is no right or wrong (actually I believe very very strongly that they exist), but rather that addressing the deeper issues to which you are refering are inevitable when bringing up such a charged issue, and that is something which this is not the best place to discuss. That said, I empathize with your frustrations and would never advocate gay-bashing, but there is also truth to some of what Rhyme is saying as well.
Rhyme, I recognize that the issue you are trying to address is one of oversensetivity to "offensive" material, not to mention who gets to decide what is "offensive", and that you are advocating that we look at the intent rather than our own personal interpretation of what a person is saying (am I right in understanding you?). In fact, I agree with that, because I have, on more than one occasion been kept from saying what I believe because of the fact that what I believe is most often not very popular. The fact of the matter is that the masses get to label what is "offensive", and to tell someone that they cannot express an opinion simply because most people disagree is to invite one-sidedness, something which left unchecked breeds dangerous results. However, the intent of saying "Falcon being gayed by Marth" is, at its core, intended to be offensive, otherwise it wouldn't get the intended reaction from the person playing Falcon. For that reason, I see Twilight's point as well.

At this point, I've likely strayed so far from the topic that it is very likely no one is actually reading anymore (besides Rhyme and Twiight), but my intent is to try and keep the peace on an issue which I percieve as possessing the capacity for drawing us still further from the topic at hand. Which is still, and shall remain SUPER SMASH BROS. :cool: For now, let's all get along, shall we?

On the afor mentioned topic at hand, how has Ike's revelation affected people's predictions regarding who the next character revelation will be?
Also, I'm somewhat curious as to how Ike relates to the Fire Emblem series, as I've never played it, because everyone seems to have an oppinion on how he affects Roy and Marth, but I don't know enough about the series to understand why (maybe I should just play the games, but I'm poor, dangit!).

Andy

EDIT: Sorry for the ridiculously long post.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy that Peach is in Brawl, unless shes just in cutscenes and not playable. All I know is the update shows her :/.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy that Peach is in Brawl, unless shes just in cutscenes and not playable. All I know is the update shows her :/.
I really doubt she's just in a cutscene :p I think that video virtually guarentees she's in. Why, I wouldn't be suprised if she's confirmed Monday.

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I know, but I'm just saying. I knew she would be in since before Brawl was announced :p.

Also, whos that shiny person that Pits looking at? (Noob'd)

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
I know, but I'm just saying. I knew she would be in since before Brawl was announced :p.

i think his name is Palentina. idk i'm jus going off wat someone else said. n of course peach is n. is ****in peach lol.

neva mind. now i'm sure dats who it was

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Alrighty guys,
I may have just the jumpstart this topic needs. Check out this article.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14154

If this is to be believed, this not only confirms Shiek and Gannondorf, but could be construed to disconfirm Young Link. From my experience, Nintendo World Report (formerly Planetgamecube.com) is usually pretty reliable, but the root source is Game Informer Online (whose reliability I have no experience with).

Alrighty folks; discuss.

On a side note, were the boards just down for a few hours? Because I couldn't sign in or post or anything.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman

I posted this in another thread just then, but I believe it's Palutena from Kid Icarus, slightly revamped of course.

Ok is it just me, or is that woman in the screenshot alluding to Palutena? Guess they really are incorporating each character's own storylines into it ^_^ She seems to be slightly revamped of course, like Pit, but the design of the dress and long greenish hair just seem to fit.

Sorry if it was already obvious >.<

Fawriel

Smash Master
I hope you aren't implying that Palutena will be playable... because that's very unlikely. She's most likely just part of Pit's story...

..dammit, I don't even know where to START.
Go to the This World thread!

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I hope you aren't implying that Palutena will be playable... because that's very unlikely. She's most likely just part of Pit's story...

..dammit, I don't even know where to START.
Go to the This World thread!
No, no, no! I didn't mean that >.< I was just answering the guy's question when he asked who it was. Sorry.

Disclaimer: Palutena is NOT confirmed >.<

Again sorry for any confusion x.x didn't mean it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom