• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
well look at Mario and then sonic sonic has small arms and legs and a round 1 by 1 foot round body that is small and his head weighs the most making him extremely light IMO now Mario is kinda chubby and in the real Mario movie that was pretty cheesy a fat guy played Mario cause thats how it was supposed to be a chubby plummer thats why his a little heavy. now in all the sonic shows his fast light and out smarts his enemy's he was never strong and definitely not heavy the heaviest people out of the sonic crew is BIG the Cat, Egg man, and prolly knuckles cause hes bulky and the strongest and around marios weight maybe a little bit heavier.
I don't think that's true, about Sonic's size. Hmm...we need a Sonic expert on this one...

DYCE!

-PM-

Smash Ace
I don't think that's true, about Sonic's size. Hmm...we need a Sonic expert on this one...

DYCE!
well heres how i think the physics of sonic will be hes really floaty and light but if you running stop speed he'll drop really fast just like in all his games well and the show (i kinda mixed em) also if they have sonic they would have knuckles or tails or shadow there the most popular of them and if that shadow would be like the falco to sonics fox and tails would be weak but would have the best recovery and knuckles would be kinda broke to me cause hes really strong and still pretty fast

and we rely on dyce to much lol

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
well heres how i think the physics of sonic will be hes really floaty and light but if you running stop speed he'll drop really fast just like in all his games well and the show (i kinda mixed em) also if they have sonic they would have knuckles or tails or shadow there the most popular of them and if that shadow would be like the falco to sonics fox and tails would be weak but would have the best recovery and knuckles would be kinda broke to me cause hes really strong and still pretty fast

If they show up in Brawl, they'll almost assuredly be ATs. Sonic is the only character from Sonic games important to make it into Brawl. IMO, of course.

-PM-

Smash Ace
If they show up in Brawl, they'll almost assuredly be ATs. Sonic is the only character from Sonic games important to make it into Brawl. IMO, of course.
yea he might be like yoshi that stand alone person without a counterpart LoL

btw debating is pretty cool normally i just check up on this thread to see whats going on but im putting my two centz in for sonic LOL and we'll have to wait for rat and dyce to see what they say

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Holy crap folks, slow down! I can only read so fast.

I am going to uncharacteristically side with the mob on the whole Sonic issue. As much as I hate the idea of 3rd party characters as a rule, I grew up during the Nintendo/Sega wars, and I cannot tell you how often and heatedly the Sonic vs. Mario debate was argued to death, resurrected, violated, beaten, killed again, ressurrected again, lit on fire, used as a weight scale for Michael Moore, stabbed, maimed, and then finally killed once more. Sonic is a major part of my and many others childhood(s), and the "who's better?" could finally be hashed out for real.

Don't get me wrong, I'll live if it doesn't happen, same as most everyone. But the long and sordid history between Sega and Nintendo has a lot to do with why folks want Sonic in Brawl more than any other third party character. History.

Also, twilight_hero, I found your Pichu/Sonic rant both informative and enjoyable. We share a mutal hatred for the little rodent.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Actually, I hope he's not like Yoshi, I do want Tails and Knuckles and such to appear as PCs. I just doubt they will. Now, who from Yoshi games could appear besides Yoshi? Baby Bowser? Baby Mario?

Anyway, back to Sonic...I think he'll be the sole playable representative of the series. I just wish he weren't. And thank you, rAt.

Oh! So, how big is Sonic in comparison to Mario, would you say?

-PM-

Smash Ace
no i ment as how yoshi doesnt really have anyone else in the roster that resembles him at all and if there is only gonna be sonic like you thought thats why i said he'd be like yoshi

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Sorry guys, I was out with my girl tonight. I didn't realize I would be talked about so much, though! Hehe! I've been very popular in this thread since I left! Did you guys miss me? I'm feeling some strong love in this room. And it's ok to need me, I don't mind. :)

@Twilight Hero:
Where did I get my name from? Not sure, I think it came to me one day. I was doodling and I ended up with some guy in a kilt with black eyes and a robotic arm. I was thinking of a cool name and "dice" popped up in there, so I changed the "i" to a "y" and low and behold "Dyce" was formed. I only drew that guy once, but the name stuck. (This was in about 7th or 8th grade mind you.)

Ummm... but what did you need me for? What would Sonic have to attack with? Well he has that homing jump (which could be his uB), it could work kind of like a cross between Falcon/Ganondorf's uB and a Footstool Jump. He rolls into a ball on the ground (potential dB), which could end up working like Jiggly's Rollout but hit like Yoshi's Egg Roll. He runs REALLY fast (I made this his fB) where he charges up and moves farther the longer he holds it, he would shoot out straight and reverse his enemy's direction, like a cross between the Fox/Falco Illusion and Mario's Cape. He can bounce off people's heads, which I made his aerial dB (yes, there's an aerial dB and ground dB). He does that little flash thing when he jumps which I made his nAir. I know there was a lot more though, I'll find the link.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
<My Sonic Moveset>
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2291880&postcount=460

But I made him a light character and a weak character as well. His stats would be like Fox's, only much faster and not as strong.

And what's with comparing Pichu with Sonic? That doesn't make sense to me.
Oh! -PM- said Sonic would be a blue Pichu, so I went on a rant about hiw Sonic is nothing like Pichu. I'm right, right? I said "back me up" and I meant it...am I right?

-PM-

Smash Ace
Oh! -PM- said Sonic would be a blue Pichu, so I went on a rant about hiw Sonic is nothing like Pichu. I'm right, right? I said "back me up" and I meant it...am I right?
ill give you this one for now but dammit im gonna win the next one

btw dyce that is a very good move set and maybe i did go a bit to far when i said hed be as weak as pichu but hed be one of the weakest

chansen

Smash Lord
I would laugh until the cows came home if they made sonic a mario clone

<_<

>_>

But sonic wont make it to brawl, if he's going to be in the series at all, it'll probably end up being the fifth installment: for the Nintendo brainchiip.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
You're right Twilight Hero, Sonic would play NOTHING like Pichu. First off Sonic doesn't have a tail, he would utilize his quills more. Sonic is like a bamillion times faster. And... what was that third thing?... I swear it was a big one... oh, right... Sonic doesn't have ANY electrity powers! How in the world would they be anything alike? Not to mention Sonic is bigger. I think maybe a tad bit bigger than Mario.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I would laugh until the cows came home if they made sonic a mario clone

<_<

>_>

But sonic wont make it to brawl, if he's going to be in the series at all, it'll probably end up being the fifth installment: for the Nintendo brainchiip.
Don't you dare say that!

You're right Twilight Hero, Sonic would play NOTHING like Pichu. First off Sonic doesn't have a tail, he would utilize his quills more. Sonic is like a bamillion times faster. And... what was that third thing?... I swear it was a big one... oh, right... Sonic doesn't have ANY electrity powers! How in the world would they be anything alike? Not to mention Sonic is bigger. I think maybe a tad bit bigger than Mario.
Thank you, Dyce.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm sorry, but I have to ask... Why are we talking about Sonic in the Confirmed Character Discussion topic?

-PM-

Smash Ace
i didnt mean he looked like pichu i ment in his movements cause you know sonic is a electric mouse ya know PSHHHH anyways yea i think iv been doubled and iv lost this debate but i do hope sonic makes it to brawl cause hes a beast and it id secondary him

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Because he's basically confirmed due to his pure awesomenessity? Duh?

Lol, no you're right. This really isn't the place but what the heck, we havn't had any big confirmed character news to talk about in a while.

Except for today... I guess that was pretty big news. But not that big...
Uhh...

i didnt mean he looked like pichu i ment in his movements cause you know sonic is a electric mouse ya know PSHHHH anyways yea i think iv been doubled and iv lost this debate but i do hope sonic makes it to brawl cause hes a beast and it id secondary him
Uhh...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Because he's basically confirmed due to his pure awesomenessity? Duh?

Lol, no you're right. This really isn't the place but what the heck, we havn't had any big confirmed character news to talk about in a while.

Except for today... I guess that was pretty big news. But not that big...
Well, you have to admit it was a lot better then an update about a character from a trailer we saw over a year ago. :laugh:

I was pretty excited to see a real newcomer. Still I want to see some more veterans. That can't be them all... can it? :(

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Man, if Sonic makes Brawl I'm going to main the crap out of him. Even if he doesn't end up being my best and he ends up sucking worse than Melee Ness, I'm going to play him every freakin' day until I can win every match against my friends.

Kirby Kid eat your heart out, Sonic Son is here.

-PM-

Smash Ace
im good with mario but my yoshi beats the crap out of my mario

mario is just so cool i have to be him all the time lol but ike is pretty sweet and sonic would rock oh noes im stuck again lol

-PM-

Smash Ace
nvm he does anyone think pichu and mewtwo are coming back i hope mewtwo is but pichu eh lol wouldnt be a loss. and what about G&W?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Hopefully Mewtwo and Mr G&W return. They were pretty bad characters, but they were original and could easily be worked with.

As for Pichu? I hope he's gone and never comes back.

EDIT:
WHOA! Where did that "Warning! Challenger Approaching" sign in the Dojo get put up? That wasn't there this morning when I woke up and looked. Does that mean Ike's going to be a secret character?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Hopefully Mewtwo and Mr G&W return. They were pretty bad characters, but they were original and could easily be worked with.

I have to agree with you on both counts. I hate the little b*tch rodent and want him to die FOREVAR!

And I just love how random Mr. G&W is...

Hey, I just edited my Link moveset a little...Here it is, please look but NO MOCKING!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2561928&postcount=484

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Marth is Fire Emblem he's the main character of the game! well first and third! why replace marth with qu33r guy who has the name of ike! Like my friend said picture someone saying: " I play as CAPTAIN FALCON" ....." I PLAY AS IKE!" "wow whatta qu33r"
Oh. My. Goodness. "Queer" is not a true insult, nor is "qu33r", your "clever" alteration. Using that word in a derogatory sense only proves your ignorance. Think before you post, huh?

EDIT:
WHOA! Where did that "Warning! Challenger Approaching" sign in the Dojo get put up? That wasn't there this morning when I woke up and looked. Does that mean Ike's going to be a secret character?
You and me both, brother. I hate Pichu more than any of the other characters.

To me, that graphic symbolizes a secret character. It's a basic association that dates back to SSB64. Isn't it an easy connection to make for most of us? I suppose it could just be the fact that he's a newcomer and Sakurai wanted a way to ring in the new month, but I still feel that he'll end up as an unlockable character with Marth taking a spot on the default roster.

The rAt

Smash Ace
I dunno folks, I think it's gonna be another late night. Personally, I don't think we're going to get two dynamite updates in a row, so I'm actually considering checking in tommorrow.

Aeris, you just hit the nail on the head (granted the same nail I've been hitting since the update, but I think you managed to actually drive it in) regarding Ike. Could be for effect being that he's a new character except the phrase "Challenger Approaches!" specifically denotes secret character, not just new character. Not like we got a similar message when we saw Shiek or Bowser last time around, right?

Dyce, too true regarding Mewtwo and G&W. Actually I'm pretty decent with the latter in Melee, so it can only get better for me. :cool: I don't think there's much danger of either being removed.

-PM- I like your sig

Since it's technically what we're talking about at the moment, can I finally express my deepseated rage towards Pichu? Last time I was chastized for it. I just want him to burn for five consecutive eternities in the firey depths of the deepest circle of H*** after being brutally murdered in such a way that cannot be repeated lest it invoke the wrath of countless pagan deities, is that too much to ask? He besmirches the name of the almighty rAt (Pikachu) by mere association through existence, and his insolence must be punished.

Okay, now that it's out of my system, I shall not speak of this until the name of the illegitimate youngest child of rodent and electical current is once again mentioned.

Andy (yes, I know my name is in my sig, but I like to personalize ****it)

EDIT: this is from awhile back, but of course you're still in the Doominators, Twilight_hero. Haven't heard back from Sakurai yet, though.

The rAt

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, I think this is the most intriguing stage yet. For some reason, the first section of it reminds me of Hyrule Castle from the original SSB (that and the poke level being my two faves).

On a side note, Sakurai seems to be involving Ike in those screenshots quite a bit for a secret character. Maybe he really is a starter...

Andy

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
That's okay because I know that you don't. And neither do I.
You guys are confusing me.

And yeah, I like the new stage as well. Can't wait to see how the underground area looks like! But I guess I'll have to wait for the game to see that...

Besides, I think it's interesting to see that those two statues are holding the platforms... which should make them drop down or at least tilt when the statues are destroyed.

I hope that this time, every game series presented by the fighter characters are getting their own stage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom