• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PM-

Smash Ace
ike scares the crap out of me cause im a mario player and we dread marths =/ and ike looks stronger faster and just a big bag of hurt just waiting to destroy mario *tear*

awesome

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone think this helps or hurts Marth's chances? Also,will he be a starter or unlockable?
Didn't Sakurai once say that he wants to reveal all defaults before release and all unlockables after? If that's true, then Ike will be default. Not to mention that there will probably be one or two more FE characters that would be unlockable.

Cups

Smash Ace
I'm thinking they started fresh with Ike and made him a good balance of Marth and Roy, more of a harder to use Marth. He does look pretty cool and has a good shot of being the one I try first. Pretty sweet! Try not to speculate how he will play too much though, it will set up expectations: they might do completely new things with him.

Fawriel

Smash Master
ike scares the crap out of me cause im a mario player and we dread marths =/ and ike looks stronger faster and just a big bag of hurt just waiting to destroy mario *tear*
...faster?
You realize he has frikkin metal weights attached to his boots, don't you?
That guy is not fast.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
That may be the case awesome. I don't know if Sakurai said it, but that would seem to make sense to me. I'm thinking Marth will make the cut as the other starting FE character, and then there will be an unlockable one as well (Sigurd? Hector? Sothe? Ephraim?... a luigified Roy?).

I really don't like the fact that Meta Knight will probably be an unlockable character. I really wanted to start the game as him, but now I suppose I have to wait.

And Sakurai will probably tell us who the secret characters are in his updates. If he does it the smart way, he'll post a link as to not give it away to anyone who wants to not know yet, and maybe he'll just show a silhouette of them and drop hints as to who they are so we actually have to guess. This way, if someone does see the update who didn't want to by accident, they won't know who they are and have it ruined for them.

Personally, I want to know everyone who made the cut as soon as possible, but there are some people out there who don't want to know yet.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
well, i as some people do want to see all of them, but that would ruing the... lets say Magic of the surprise, yeah, he can list off all the characters but then what good will that do for us? then we know, yes, but then again it just loses its ... flare.....
I'm into surprises. like today, I wasn't expecting a character to appear today, and surprises like theses keep me, as well as many other fans alive.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
The first thing I do when I get the game is play every character in Vs Mode. (just to try them out, and that might get us another character)
Then I'm going to beat the main Single Player Mode. (most likely we'll get Jiggly from that)
And then I'm going to beat Classic Mode on normal difficulty with only 3 lives. (it's gotten us something both times so far...)
And finally I'm going to hit up Break the Targets, Home Run Contest, Board the Platforms, and whatever else they have for me. (that usually does something as well)

After that, I'm going to rely on my guide book to tell me everything else. I don't want to miss out on all my potential new mains/best for too long!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Like fawriel mentioned, the guy wont be fast, not only does he have metal plates on his boots, but hes using a two-handed sword, by that it means its a sword to heavy an average man needs to hand to caryr it, but Ike is uber strong he needs no 2 hands to use it... thus he'll be slower, but stronger than marth... *sakuria please no more tips!*

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I know this is off-topic, but since we're talking about speed...I hope they make both Link and Zelda faster than Melee. YLink was the only fast Zelda character, when Link especially should have been faster. He's way slower than he should be, compared to the actual LoZ games...it just always bugged me, how slow he was...

Also:
OH MAN I'M SO STOKED FOR THIS GAME! DECEMBER 3RD CAN'T COME FAST ENOUGH!
Too true!

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
ganondorf was fast.

I still think marth is gonna be in brawl.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
does anyone else think the main picture of Ike is terribly phallic?

it's fricken hot ...
LOL this post wins! (And it is rather phallic, I have to agree).

It's nice to know that Sakurai is willing to reveal new characters every so often. It would be neat to have a "Meet [new character]" video for each of the newcomers: just a brief compilation of clips showcasing a few special moves, the character's general fighting style, and some movement demonstrations to get an idea of what he / she / it is like.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yea, when I saw that little icon Sakurai showed us when the site first started up (the video reel that indicates when a video is present), I thought we'd be getting quite a few "How to..." and "Character Demo"/"Item Demo"/"Stage Demo" vids. Only for the really complicated stuff though, nothing crazy.

But those dreams have long since been dashed. The only video icon we've seen so far is for the 15 second teaser from E3.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Whoever commented about the hellstorm of n00bs was right, although I assume it'll get worse the more info we get. And I was just beginning to enjoy the clubhouse mentality we had going on. Oh well, I'm certainly not going to disband Crazytown that's for **** certain.

I get the strong impression that there will be at least another three pages of repetition by the update tonight (something trivial, I'll bet).

Anyhow, what's this Ike guy's story? I haven't had a chance to get to the FE games yet. Sounds like most people are suggesting a slow/heavy character, and that Marth will probably return as his foil, but I'm surprised everyone thinks he's a starter. I mean the caption said "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" Isn't that the exact phrase used in game when an unlockable character is about to show up?

Don't get me wrong, I can't figure out why Sakurai would reveal a secret character when there are clearly more starters to address, either. Dangit, even when we get a good reveal, we're still left with tons of questions. Sakurai you are one evil sob. Maybe I should recruit you to my World Domination Squad (now codenamed rAt's Doominators).

I think I'm going to hold off from saying anymore until the post count slows down. I just can't keep up, folks.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
you are quite right, i think that he is a secret, i mean he is a New Challenger. and also at this rate Metal Knight and Snake are secrets too,(more likely snake) because nothing of there even CHARACTER is posted. we know they exist though..
but you are quite right it is more likely that he is a secret character

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Yea, but they do show them in the screenshots. Though it is really strange they would pull someone out of the blue (no pun intended) like Ike and not have a single post dedicated to MKnight or Snake.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
It makes sense for Ike to be a new character based on the "Challenger approaching!" thing, but the part of my brain that controls wishful thinking tells me that might just be there because Ike is the first completely new character since the E3 movie. Maybe Sakurai thought Ike deserved it because he's the only 100% surprise character to be updated on the site. . . . ?

Or he's a secret character. You know. Whatever.

GenG

Smash Lord
I bet Aether will be his UpB move (offering vertical distance for recovery), while his Final Smash could be a call to the Greil's Army just like he does during certain sequence in GotD, but that would rule out these charactes from being ATs.

luca

Smash Rookie
This all but confirms that Marth will NOT be in Brawl.

Having both Ike and Marth would be so stupid.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Whoever commented about the hellstorm of n00bs was right, although I assume it'll get worse the more info we get. And I was just beginning to enjoy the clubhouse mentality we had going on. Oh well, I'm certainly not going to disband Crazytown that's for **** certain.

I get the strong impression that there will be at least another three pages of repetition by the update tonight (something trivial, I'll bet).

Anyhow, what's this Ike guy's story? I haven't had a chance to get to the FE games yet. Sounds like most people are suggesting a slow/heavy character, and that Marth will probably return as his foil, but I'm surprised everyone thinks he's a starter. I mean the caption said "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" Isn't that the exact phrase used in game when an unlockable character is about to show up?

Don't get me wrong, I can't figure out why Sakurai would reveal a secret character when there are clearly more starters to address, either. Dangit, even when we get a good reveal, we're still left with tons of questions. Sakurai you are one evil sob. Maybe I should recruit you to my World Domination Squad (now codenamed rAt's Doominators).

I think I'm going to hold off from saying anymore until the post count slows down. I just can't keep up, folks.
Can I still be on rAt's Doominators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom