• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
twilight_hero said:
Like, Sonic good.
I see what you did there!

Cuz, cuz--cuz like, Sonic's a real fan-favorite to be in the game, and like, him being announced would be like, totally fulfilling. But like, the phrase, "it's Sonic good" is also a slogan for the restaurant coincidentally named "Sonic"!

Now THAT'S what I call a pun!

X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
Do you think Sakurai is doing this on purpose because he wants us to sleep and not wait up for the site to update? Cuz if that's what he's doing then he should have told us, and not be a jerk about it.
The Pitfall hit at around 3:20 yesterday, so that's probably not the case.

4:25

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I see what you did there!

Cuz, cuz--cuz like, Sonic's a real fan-favorite to be in the game, and like, him being announced would be like, totally fulfilling. But like, the phrase, "it's Sonic good" is also a slogan for the restaurant coincidentally named "Sonic"!
Hahahaha! I didn't pick up on that! And I don't think Twilight did that intentionally either! Hahaha!

God that was too funny. I'm losing it here. I NEED TO SLEEP! UPDATE ALREADY YOU ****ING WEBSITE!!! :mad:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
twilight_hero said:
who here's actually ever eaten at Sonic?
I have, once. It's strange that they air commercials for the place in PA, yet I haven't seen one above the Mason-Dixon line.

And to note: their food isn't anything special. If you're in that region they exist in, go to a White Castle or Checkers instead.

My little brother thinks it's magically become Saturday, and we're all too stupid to notice.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Me and my friends talk about Sonic all the time but I don't think they have any Sonic's in New Jersey. Watching those ads is like false advertising. It doesn't exist! No one has ever seen one! Sonic isn't real!

(The hedgehog is real though. And he should be in Brawl. The restaurant isn't real though. But should still be in Brawl too.)

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
You know, I think Sakurai's been watching this site and noticing that we know when he updates, and now he's just screwing with us.

EDIT: It wouldn't be so bad, except I've already seen the episode of Full Metal Alchemist, and there's nothing else worth watching right now.

EDIT II: Woot. 400th post. And it only took me four years.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Me and my friends talk about Sonic all the time but I don't think they have any Sonic's in New Jersey. Watching those ads is like false advertising. It doesn't exist! No one has ever seen one! Sonic isn't real!

(The hedgehog is real though. And he should be in Brawl. The restaurant isn't real though. But should still be in Brawl too.)
Sonic the Restaurant does, in fact, exsist. And it should be in the game as a stage. SONIC FTW! (Both of them)

You know, I think Sakurai's been watching this site and noticing that we know when he updates, and now he's just screwing with us.
Yeah, probably...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The rAt said:
EDIT: It wouldn't be so bad, except I've already seen the episode of Full Metal Alchemist, and there's nothing else worth watching right now.
That's why I'VE got Super Mario Bros. on VC, and a really, really foul-mouthed little brother (who also happens to suck at SMB).

X-x-Dyce-x-X said:
At 4:30 in the morning, little brother logic is as good to me as Einstein's logic.
What's really great, is that I just found out that until five minutes ago, my brother thought that when Super Mario from the first game jumps, his legs go like...like Chun-Li's during her victory pose in SFII.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
That is true.

Mine is terrible at it (Smash). But to this day, he still plays Adventure mode at least once a week. Weird.

EDIT 1 - Rap music and Madden can be combined for some pretty hilarious results, so long as beer is involved.

EDIT 2 - 4:52!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rAt

Smash Ace
You know, for the last hour or so, I've had this foreboding, sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, like Sakurai is going to make us wait until all hours of the morning for some ridiculously stupid update.

EDIT: On a side note, you should all go see the Bourne Ultimatum. It's pretty good.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The rAt said:
EDIT: On a side note, you should all go see the Bourne Ultimatum. It's pretty good.
Or, better yet, go see Ratatouillie.

BEST. PIXAR. MOVIE. EVER.

I know what you mean about getting a stupid update after all this. An alternative could be that Nintendo HQ had a gas main break, and all the data for Brawl is gone, Sakurai is dead, and all of Nintendo's money (which they keep, of course, in giant treasure chests, all made of gold bullion) was blown into the sky and landed on top of Sony HQ.

EDIT - I spelled Ratatouille wrong. Stupid French language.

The rAt

Smash Ace
I dunno, I tend to think strategy is overrated. I just go on intuition and adapt as necessary. Seems to work for me, considering nobody will play with me anymore, and most of the folks who used to play with me I can beat with even Pichu.

EDIT: Okay, 4:08 AM, this is ridiculous.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Indeed.

I'll leave 'strategy' for Guilty Gear and Virtua Fighter, not something as simplistic (well, comparitively simplistic) as Smash. I just play like I always do.

Although, once Brawl's out and we're all playing each other...that might have to change.

The rAt said:
Ha! Try 5:18AM.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I dunno, I tend to think strategy is overrated. I just go on intuition and adapt as necessary. Seems to work for me, considering nobody will play with me anymore, and most of the folks who used to play with me I can beat with even Pichu.

I prepare and know who to fight when to fight, and all that mumbo jumbo, and I fight quick on my feet and adapt. The best strategy is to prepare and have a gameplan, and to "Never Give up, trust your instincts!" Don't forget, "Do a Barrel Roll!":laugh:

Edit: The update isn't happening, face the facts. Maybe tomorrow we'll get Sonic or something rather than nothing! ;) Here's to hoping! :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I prepare and know who to fight when to fight, and all that mumbo jumbo, and I fight quick on my feet and adapt. The best strategy is to prepare and have a gameplan, and to "Never Give up, trust your instincts!" Don't forget, "Do a Barrel Roll!":laugh:
Luke, you've turned off your targeting computer.

Edit: The update isn't happening, face the facts. Maybe tomorrow we'll get Sonic or something rather than nothing! ;) Here's to hoping! :)
Or I could just go watch Fooly Cooly for an hour and check back then.

I don't think they'd just mysteriously miss an update without any forewarning.

The rAt

Smash Ace
You know amongst the regular 2:00 AM updates (3:00 am, for most of ya'll right?), I'd forgotten that there was one update early on which was near the end of the day. Actually PAST the end of the day, because I remember reading the date on the update and looking at the calender (it being shortly after midnight here at the time) and wondering how that worked. Point being we've got the next 19.5 hours (here anyway) of Wednesday left. With our luck, it'll be that last hour when we get the update.

EDIT: Waitasecond, today is the 1st of the month. Y'all think maybe they've got something big planned for the update and that's why are making us wait for it?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Alright. When you're up so late that you meet your mother who's going into the restroom to take her morning shower after making a hotdog at 5:34 in the AM, you know it's time to give up the ghost, as they say.

So unless it's updated--and I'm checking once more right now...wait...wait...nope--okay, I'm gonna' go and play FFVI while I eat my cheese-filled, cheese-covered hotdog, then go to sleep and check tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom