• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Because you can play as DK in stages that don't scroll.

It might stop the scrolling, or (more likely) the scrolling won't be so fast as to endanger the DK player in question.

In the actual game (Jungle Beat), the only "scrolling" in Rumble Falls occurs inside of a bubble, and it's very, very slow. It certainly won't be as fast as Icicle Mountain. Probably more along the lines of Rainbow Cruise.

P.S. Rumble Falls is the best update ever.
The bolded part is what I was trying to say in my last post...I think stage interactions such as crumbling floors on Skyworld and King Bulbin on BoE stop, or at least get reduced, during FSes. Apparently I did that badly. Sorry Dyce. :p

Also, Dyce, did you give Sonic a FS in your moveset for him? I don't remember it...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
X-x-Dyxe-x-X said:
You've obtained a Smash Orb. Whoa, you're all glowy and on fire. You get your toosh handed to you before you can use it and end up dying. Do you keep the FS?
I don't think you would keep it, although it should be said that unless there's some serious lag leading up to the FS, or you're already over a couple hundred%...you'd really have to suck to die before using it.

twilight hero said:
The bolded part is what I was trying to say in my last post...I think stage interactions such as crumbling floors on Skyworld and King Bulbin on BoE stop, or at least get reduced, during FSes.
I could see that on most stages, but on the other hand, wouldn't it be weird if Big Blue stood still (for any amount of time)?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
^^^^
<3 We must be soulmates! <3... Ummm!... I mean...
...maybe!?
:grin: It's all-too possible. Who knows what's in store for us!

The bolded part is what I was trying to say in my last post...I think stage interactions such as crumbling floors on Skyworld and King Bulbin on BoE stop, or at least get reduced, during FSes. Apparently I did that badly. Sorry Dyce. :p

Also, Dyce, did you give Sonic a FS in your moveset for him? I don't remember it...
Ah ah ahhhh. Did we not read what Sakurai-san wrote for us?

"Oh, and jamming during screen scrolls and such is something you might want to...think about."

This statement, in true Sakurai style, means more than is readily apparent. He's telling us that the screen DOES continue to scroll during his FS, so one must be extra careful when deciding the time to utilize this ultimate attack.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
I don't think you would keep it, although it should be said that unless there's some serious lag leading up to the FS, or you're already over a couple hundred%...you'd really have to suck to die before using it.

I could see that on most stages, but on the other hand, wouldn't it be weird if Big Blue stood still (for any amount of time)?
Yeah, good point. Big Blue couldn't stand still. Hmm...

Oh come now... that's an easy guess even if you've never read my moveset at all.

He becomes Super Sonic of course! :)
Don't murder me, but I've never really played a Sonic game, so I have no idea what you mean.

:grin: It's all-too possible. Who knows what's in store for us!

Ah ah ahhhh. Did we not read what Sakurai-san wrote for us?

"Oh, and jamming during screen scrolls and such is something you might want to...think about."

This statement, in true Sakurai style, means more than is readily apparent. He's telling us that the screen DOES continue to scroll during his FS, so one must be extra careful when deciding the time to utilize this ultimate attack.
Oh, right. I forgot about that. But that doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the stage effects keep going...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
twilight hero said:
Don't murder me, but I've never really played a Sonic game, so I have no idea what you mean.
But you've seen DragonBall Z, right? So you know what a Super Saiyan is. Now just replace "Saiyan" with "Sonic", and voila.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^

...Wow. Culturally inept much? Oh well, just picture Sonic, only with gold, shiny fur and hair that sticks straight up. And he flies.

=Super Sonic.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Virtua Fighter...now there's a good fighting game...

The most recent DBZ game is actually pretty **** awesome, but I'm actually talking about the anime, which, if you really haven't seen it or even heard about it, does in fact make you culturally inept...however slightly.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Good thing you put that acronym there...Smash may be a whole helluva' lot of fun with three other friends, but it's in no way a particularly great fighting game.

RAWR its Luigi said:
**** those games its all about final fanasty biothes
Wait...that's not Luigi. That's Peach. Hmm...I'm confused...

Also, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Omgloldemonofinternet

Smash Rookie
I feel the need to point out this topic has gone far off from confirmed charecters <.< >.>

Also, Lol at it would appear that zelda is a heavy like charecter:
Her movement capabilities are not that good, but her magic adds power to her physical attacks

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^^^
Good thing you put that acronym there...Smash may be a whole helluva' lot of fun with three other friends, but it's in no way a particularly great fighting game.

Wait...that's not Luigi. That's Peach. Hmm...I'm confused...

Also, I have no idea what you're talking about.
First of all, I don't know what you mean; second, I have to disagree with you. Smash is a fantastic fighting game, IMO.

I feel the need to point out this topic has gone far off from confirmed charecters <.< >.>

Also, Lol at it would appear that zelda is a heavy like charecter: .
If not heavy, then slow...which blows. She needs to be so much faster!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Welcome to the Smash World Forums, Internet Demon! Zelda may have gained a few pounds due to her pregnancy with Ganondorf's baby, but that does mean she's any less attractive. Think of her as that sort of chubby girl you knew in highschool that you we're pretty sure you'd be ok dating, but didn't want to ask out. I do love similes!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
Shhh....don't tell the mods, or we'll ALL BE BANNED 4EVAR.

In all seriousness though...nobody minds. Except you. But this topic is so thinly stretched across the few characters we know of that us rambling off-topic is sort of inevitable.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Okay, I really dropped the ball here.

This:
Chief Mendez said:
^^^
Shhh....don't tell the mods, or we'll ALL BE BANNED 4EVAR.

In all seriousness though...nobody minds. Except you. But this topic is so thinly stretched across the few characters we know of that us rambling off-topic is sort of inevitable.
Was in response to this:
Omgloldemonofinternet said:
...and was certainly not some sort of attack on you, twilight hero.

Rx- said:
Zelda may have gained a few pounds due to her pregnancy with Ganondorf's baby...
THIS IS WHY MORE PEOPLE NEED TO USE THE FALCOMB PAUNCH!!

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Some thoughts,

Fawriel, (this being from awhile back), good to know you enjoy disagreeing with me. It's always good to have someone intelligent to disagree with, ain't it? Keeps us honest.

Twilight_hero, while I'd have to agree, its pretty crazy that you've never played Sonic or watched DBZ, you more than made up for it by referencing Pavlov in your sig (that's what you were going for, right?). However, I think its fair to note that you haven't actually lived until you've seen the Cell Games saga of DBZ or played Sonic the Hedghog 2 (which you can {and should if you ask me :p} download on the Virtual Consol). If you're in the US. Not sure about elsewheres.

Omgloldemonoftheinternet, two things;
First, welcome to the confirmed character thread, also known as Mod Poison. So long as things don't get ridiculous, they usually tend to have a "if you leave them alone long enough, they'll probably kill each other off" attitude about this thread.
Second, your name hurts to write. I think I got arthritis halfway through. From now on, I'm going to refer to you as either Omg, internet or emono, take your pick. Personally, I like the last one.

Rx - have you been taking some illegal Rx's? :p

As far as good, non-smash bros. fighting games, Street Fighter II: Turbo will always be the reigning champ in my book, but I'm old and I like the classics.

EDIT: My eyes have just been assailed. Cheif, you are one evil, evil person. I may call on you to aid in my campaign for world domination.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The rAt said:
As far as good, non-smash bros. fighting games, Street Fighter II: Turbo will always be the reigning champ in my book, but I'm old and I like the classics.
The great thing about that game is that it's SF, only without all the needlessly complicated "isms" and "grooves" of the later SFs.

I prefer Guilty Gear though, at least as far as 2D fighters go. Virtua Fighter, (VF5 in particular) however, is simply the deepest, most perfect fighting game ever made by man.

The rAt said:
EDIT: My eyes have just been assailed. Cheif, you are one evil, evil person. I may call on you to aid in my campaign for world domination.
The best part's the tiny little Ganon-baby Zelda spits up in the last panel.

And just so everyone knows, I didn't choose to post that. You see, there's a remote bomb ensconced within my ribcage, and if my eyes read text about Zelda being pregnant, I have to post the comic, or the bomb explodes and I die. Do not shun me; pity me, for I am afraid.

twilight hero said:
Also, don't forget the underscore next time.
I honestly cannot see an underscore in there.

twilight hero said:
Second...never again will you post that comic. NEVER.
Fine. I'll just explode then. Then I'll haunt you for the rest of your life. IS THAT REALLY WHAT YOU WANT!?

Fawriel

Smash Master
The above two posts were amazingly awesome and made me laugh for a minute or two straight.

Almost enough to compensate for the sleepless nights to be caused by Link's Falcon Punch.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
The above two posts were amazingly awesome and made me laugh for a minute or two straight.

Almost enough to compensate for the sleepless nights to be caused by Link's Falcon Punch.
:chuckle: I can only agree with you, Fawriel.

Although that picture with Link's Falcon Punch made me want to take the new item from today's update and hide inside the created hole... :urg:

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
Okay, I really dropped the ball here.

This:
Was in response to this:
...and was certainly not some sort of attack on you, twilight hero.

THIS IS WHY MORE PEOPLE NEED TO USE THE FALCOMB PAUNCH!!

omg that is freakin helarious man i laugh my *** off ofcourse it's because im not that eduacated but that was funny lin learned the falcon punch and put it to good use lol....

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Some thoughts,

Fawriel, (this being from awhile back), good to know you enjoy disagreeing with me. It's always good to have someone intelligent to disagree with, ain't it? Keeps us honest.

Twilight_hero, while I'd have to agree, its pretty crazy that you've never played Sonic or watched DBZ, you more than made up for it by referencing Pavlov in your sig (that's what you were going for, right?). However, I think its fair to note that you haven't actually lived until you've seen the Cell Games saga of DBZ or played Sonic the Hedghog 2 (which you can {and should if you ask me :p} download on the Virtual Consol). If you're in the US. Not sure about elsewheres.

Omgloldemonoftheinternet, two things;
First, welcome to the confirmed character thread, also known as Mod Poison. So long as things don't get ridiculous, they usually tend to have a "if you leave them alone long enough, they'll probably kill each other off" attitude about this thread.
Second, your name hurts to write. I think I got arthritis halfway through. From now on, I'm going to refer to you as either Omg, internet or emono, take your pick. Personally, I like the last one.

Rx - have you been taking some illegal Rx's? :p

Actually, I have played one Sonic game, and I liked it, but I haven't had the chance to play any more. I'll see what I can do about downloading StH2 once I get a Wii, which should be fairly soon. And yes, I was referencing Pavlov. About time someone commented and/or recognized it.

Yes, I also like Street Fighter (even though it's before my time), I just don't like it as much as Soul Calibur or SSB/M/B.

Hey, you can call on me to help you with world domination! I can be very evil if I need to be!

I honestly cannot see an underscore in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight hero
Second...never again will you post that comic. NEVER.

Fine. I'll just explode then. Then I'll haunt you for the rest of your life. IS THAT REALLY WHAT YOU WANT!?
First, the underscore's there if you move the cursor over the avatar. Second, that's not really important. Third...yes, that's what I've wanted ever since I met you. I'm sorry, but I have a tiny chip implanted in my brain that makes me tell nothing but the truth. I'm sorry to admit that, but I had to say it to you. I want you to blow up. And I already have seven people haunting me, so you won't really make a difference. Go haunt someone worthwhile after you explode. Someone who will notice.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Is it just my bad eyesight, or did anyone else notice that Link "charges up" the Falcon Punch in that comic in his right hand, but actually punches with his left?

. . . .

"WAY TO SUCK THE FUN OUT OF IT, CIRCUS."

Yeah, I know. Sorry.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Don't blame me, blame the schools for teaching abstinence only education. Throwing down the stairs is the number 2 contraceptive where I'm originally from.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
But games can be reprogrammed. That's like saying there can't be more than one Mario fighting at a time. Tom Nook has many different costumes (or aprons) that he wears so alternate colors aren't too far fetched. Also, they could program the stage so that if there's at least one Tom Nook fighting, no NPCs will be Tom Nook.

It wouldn't be hard to do. I took a Computer Programming class in highschool for half of my Junior year. If it can be done on Chipmunk Basic with circles and triangles, it can be done on whatever engine Brawl is running on with characters.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
^^^I'd say so too, but he's shown in the background of the AC stage pics so...nope...
Being in the background of a stage ± deconfirmation

Someone recently made a post that did a really good job of explaining why that it is, and I won't attempt to remember it all. But the gist of it was, duplicates of a character are commonplace in Smash. Four of the same character can fight on a stage at the same time, but no one raises an eyebrow over that. Plus, there's nothing saying he won't just mysteriously disappear from the background if you unlock him.

Still, I agree that an AC character probably won't be in Brawl. I've been wrong before though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom