• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oooooooh. Haha, sorry about that, I'm still kind of tired and a little too nervous from this update.
I'm leaving over the weekend.
I have the feeling I will miss THOUSANDS of posts.

...but woooooow.

I'll go ahead and copy my theses from the official thread...

-Subspace Emissary is the new Adventure Mode.

-It's awesome.

-There are tons of new locations, partially with old elements ( Bullet Bills ), partially with completely new stuff ( or has anyone ever seen that freaky GOAT before?! O_O ).

-The mystery things come in masses out of the Halberd, and are enemies. Metaknight, however, is a protagonist, as he's seen fighting monsters.

-THERE ARE A FRIKKIN LOT OF ENEMIES WITH AI AND EVERYTHING!

-Hammer Bros are also enemies you can fight. That raises the possibilities of Assist Trophies being playable, as they seem to possess movement abilities and certain animations you just need for the game to work.

-It's well possible that every character will have a certain own storyline, with their own intros. This is, however, not guaranteed.

-Mario and Kirby DO NOT break the rules, it seems.

-Peach is in.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN

historyisold

Smash Rookie
Sakurai's past projects are interesting...

Pretty heavy on the Kirby games.
Which brings me to how much from the Kirby games are now in Brawl.
Pattern much?
I also can't deny that King DeDeDe has been an intriguing idea for a new character.
Maybe he'll be the new Giga Bowser?

CoquiMan

Smash Rookie
I know, but I'm just saying. I knew she would be in since before Brawl was announced :p.

Also, whos that shiny person that Pits looking at? (Noob'd)
That light is the clashing of Meta knight's sword with his own. You can sort of see the sword.

I don't think they're removing any characters fro the previous games. I think they're adding Daisy probably just to accompany her.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
For me this is the best update ever! It cleared up that messed up Chibi-Robo thing. Told about the story mode. and even confirmed a character.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
For me this is the best update ever! It cleared up that messed up Chibi-Robo thing. Told about the story mode. and even confirmed a character.
I'm confused,I'm assuming by Chibi-robo thing you mean those strange puppets things

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Alright friends, I updated the main list. Yoshi, Ike and Peach are confirmed. Sheik and Ganondorf are not -- I put them on a new "rumored" list. If I get a bit more confidence, I'll move them up to "semi-confirmed," but they definitely are not yet confirmed.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
That was the best update ever!!! It looks so fun cant wait to try it out. And does anyone else notice the awesomeness that Zelda and Peach ran ninja style?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Alright friends, I updated the main list. Yoshi, Ike and Peach are confirmed. Sheik and Ganondorf are not -- I put them on a new "rumored" list. If I get a bit more confidence, I'll move them up to "semi-confirmed," but they definitely are not yet confirmed.
Very good. Thank you.
That was the best update ever!!! It looks so fun cant wait to try it out. And does anyone else notice the awesomeness that Zelda and Peach ran ninja style?
Haha, I didn't really pick up on that. But yeah, how else are you going to properly run with them high-heels? Wait, Zelda doesn't have those anymore... oooo.

Hmm, anyone remember the big discussion about Peach's dress?
What's the result of that now? I don't know much about her history.

Well...
Now that that's out of the way: I'll be gone for the week-end, so... don't discuss too much without me!
But since that's inevitable anyway...
Rat, Aeris, Rhyme and all the others, make me proud. *salutes*

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
That said, I'm going to get into the middle of a potentially lethal debate between you and Rhyme (speaking of which, it's good to hear from you as always, Rhyme) by highlighting the fact that it is a very sticky debate depending on your moral stance, and just as importantly from where that moral stance is based.
Twilight_hero, I believe you are treading a fine line by talking about it in terms of right and wrong, because it begs the question of what right and wrong are and from where you base any claims you might make about them. I do not mean that to say that there is no right or wrong (actually I believe very very strongly that they exist), but rather that addressing the deeper issues to which you are refering are inevitable when bringing up such a charged issue, and that is something which this is not the best place to discuss. That said, I empathize with your frustrations and would never advocate gay-bashing, but there is also truth to some of what Rhyme is saying as well.
Rhyme, I recognize that the issue you are trying to address is one of oversensetivity to "offensive" material, not to mention who gets to decide what is "offensive", and that you are advocating that we look at the intent rather than our own personal interpretation of what a person is saying (am I right in understanding you?). In fact, I agree with that, because I have, on more than one occasion been kept from saying what I believe because of the fact that what I believe is most often not very popular. The fact of the matter is that the masses get to label what is "offensive", and to tell someone that they cannot express an opinion simply because most people disagree is to invite one-sidedness, something which left unchecked breeds dangerous results. However, the intent of saying "Falcon being gayed by Marth" is, at its core, intended to be offensive, otherwise it wouldn't get the intended reaction from the person playing Falcon. For that reason, I see Twilight's point as well.

At this point, I've likely strayed so far from the topic that it is very likely no one is actually reading anymore (besides Rhyme and Twiight), but my intent is to try and keep the peace on an issue which I percieve as possessing the capacity for drawing us still further from the topic at hand. Which is still, and shall remain SUPER SMASH BROS. :cool: For now, let's all get along, shall we?
I was still reading! I'm a patient little boy. :) The problem I have with using the word "gay" to mean "stupid" and the like is that "gay" already has its own definition. "Gay" is synonymous (in modern times) with "homosexual"; to use that word in a derogatory sense is not malice, but sheer ignorance. Most of the people that misuse the word are not gay-bashers or homophobes, just people who do not see the other side. While I am not gay myself, I do feel that I can accurately empathize and relay the idea on to others. Calling something "gay" instead of "stupid" unintentionally--or so one might hope--belittles a concept with which many gay people strongly identify. Those individuals who advocate gay rights and support the struggle for equality feel as though they are being demeaned, the name for their community being kicked around in the dirt until the word is so tarnished that the dictionary spits it out and absolutely NO ONE will touch it. I know I sure wouldn't touch dictionary-vomit. :chuckle:

Really, though, I hope that sheds some light on why people find it offensive.

Alrighty guys,
I may have just the jumpstart this topic needs. Check out this article.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14154

If this is to be believed, this not only confirms Sheik and Ganondorf, but could be construed to disconfirm Young Link. From my experience, Nintendo World Report (formerly Planetgamecube.com) is usually pretty reliable, but the root source is Game Informer Online (whose reliability I have no experience with).

Alrighty folks; discuss.
Nice find! I'm glad to hear that YL has been (basically) deconfirmed. I can't say that I'm surprised by any of this, really, but the Sheik bit makes me wonder if she will be separate this time around. Aonuma is presumably working on a "hypothetical" TP Sheik, or Sheik in the style of TP. As far as the storyline goes, OoT Zelda is very different from TP Zelda; since Sheik was an exclusive alter-ego to OoT Zelda, it would be odd to see the two technically unrelated characters (TP Zelda and Sheik) be used in conjunction. It also seems likely that Sakurai acknowledges that Zelda-Sheik did not work out as planned (rack up damage with Sheik, KO with Zelda) and has remedied the situation in Brawl by separating the two and probably nerfing Sheik a bit.

Something interesting, though, is that Aonuma makes no mention of the Zelda model, but he does mention Link. Could he have meant "Sheik" as a Zelda-Sheik combination? One might expect him to mention both Link and Zelda, considering that they are the two most prominent figures, Ganondorf aside. Perhaps Aonuma and company are not actually working on the Zelda model? I find that unlikely, though, because having that kind of oversight over only three of my four (or five) characters would drive me mad. If I were asked for input on the situation, I would want to make sure that all of my characters looked as good as they possibly could.

Let's hear from someone else, huh? :)

Oh, yeah, and about that update:

ZOMG PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACH! YAYYY!

Okay, Peach is SO getting her bio next week, consarnit. The one thing that worries me, though, is that her parasol is more like the one she had in Sunshine--NOT Parry from Super Princess Peach. That doesn't do anything to deconfirm Toad as her punching bag! :ohwell: I can only hope that Sakurai alludes to Toad's inclusion as a PC in Peach's update. THAT would be the best update ever.

(Blah, I overused CAPS in that last paragraph. Whatever. Sorry about the long post!)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Nice find! I'm glad to hear that YL has been (basically) deconfirmed.
Hey hey hey hey hey HEY HEY!
Don't jump the gun, sir, with such cocky words to boot!
The interviewee merely confirmed that the designs the interviewer asked about were submitted, but makes no mention of any other possible entrants.
Don't make me WW Link dair you! I'd regret it. :(

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hey hey hey hey hey HEY HEY!
Don't jump the gun, sir, with such cocky words to boot!
The interviewee merely confirmed that the designs the interviewer asked about were submitted, but makes no mention of any other possible entrants.
Don't make me WW Link dair you! I'd regret it. :(
I'd just as easily pop through it with my new-and-improved Parasol, graphical update and all. ;)

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
I hope WW Link still has a chance, especially the release of Phantom Hourglass, that would be extra publicity...
so, this was a pretty interesting update, it seems this week had the best updates so far, no?
i think peach is in it(with a new costume to boot!) it would be HIGHLY unlikely that she is just there to be a pretty face(although she does have one(wink) she is most likely a PC still. and also I'm pretty sure they have all the classic modes from the previous games, but then again, thats a lot to fit into a disc..... I'm pretty sure it will make it. I LIKE Classic mode, thats how you unlock JIGGLYPUFF!!!!

n64dude

Smash Cadet
i just thought of something. there is mario so there is his brother luigi, since wario is there, wouldnt there be waluigi??????

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
I hope WW Link still has a chance, especially the release of Phantom Hourglass, that would be extra publicity...
so, this was a pretty interesting update, it seems this week had the best updates so far, no?
i think peach is in it(with a new costume to boot!) it would be HIGHLY unlikely that she is just there to be a pretty face(although she does have one(wink) she is most likely a PC still. and also I'm pretty sure they have all the classic modes from the previous games, but then again, thats a lot to fit into a disc..... I'm pretty sure it will make it. I LIKE Classic mode, thats how you unlock JIGGLYPUFF!!!!
lol hell yea peach lover will not kill them selves and is zelda like kirby's gf?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
D@mn it! God f**king d@mn it!

I went to post a reply to The rAt's post, but when I hit "Preview Post" I got the "This page cannot be found" piece of crap. When I went back, everything I had written had been deleted, leaving only The rAt's original quoted post. So, since I had a lot, I say f**k it, and I think we should just send this whole issue to a fiery grave. Okay, rAt and Rhyme?

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
ZOMG PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACH! YAYYY!
Haha! I knew you'd be the one to get excited about Peach. And what was that move? You know the one that Zelda uses to get over to Mario and Kirby? It looks like... is it... kinda reminds me of... Farore's Wind! Oh my goodness! ANOTHER OoT move!? Wow... I wonder if she'll keep Nayru's Love? And her dB... which whatever it was and whatever it did and whoever it transformed her into has seemed to slip my mind...

Also, I have a question regarding a certain screenshot we were given...

This question is: ZOMGWTF!? PALUTENA!?
Will we be able to play as her? Or is she there solely to give Pit's story relevence? I hope it's the prior!

And my third and final question: What's with Meta Knight being the courier of little robot forming clouds? Is he evil? And what in the world is he fighting in that one screenshot that look strangely similar to him in shape?

Can we call the robot making clouds Agent Purple? Y'know... like Agent Orange. Only instead of a deforesting mutagen used in the Vietnam War, it's a robot forming cloud used in Smash.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Alrighty guys,
I may have just the jumpstart this topic needs. Check out this article.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14154

If this is to be believed, this not only confirms Shiek and Gannondorf, but could be construed to disconfirm Young Link. From my experience, Nintendo World Report (formerly Planetgamecube.com) is usually pretty reliable, but the root source is Game Informer Online (whose reliability I have no experience with).

Alrighty folks; discuss.

On a side note, were the boards just down for a few hours? Because I couldn't sign in or post or anything.
How does that disconfirm YL? He didn't say YL wouldn't be in Brawl. He just confirmed Ganon and Sheik. There's a difference.

If I'm wrong, please explain...

I'm glad to hear that YL has been (basically) deconfirmed.
Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey! I mained Young Link! And like I said, he hasn't basically been deconfirmed. If you try to over-prioritize the Dair of Death, I'll use the Fire Spike instead! That or the down-A tilit spike.

yaung27

Smash Apprentice
In the winners circle Mains: JigglyPuff, Gannondo
^^^^It could quite be Sir Kibble(the guy who gives you the Cutter Ability) but I dont think that is the case, it dosen't look enough like him, sure it has the helmet, but i think thats where all the similarities to Sir Kibble end....
and also i think its all OoT moves, because all she does in Twilight Princess(Correct me if i am wrong) is give up her life and die...
and The Pit thing, I think they would only make her part of the story... not a Pc....
@ Twilight yes i agree it only proves there existance, not disproving the others tough...

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
^^^^It could quite be Sir Kibble(the guy who gives you the Cutter Ability) but I dont think that is the case, it dosen't look enough like him, sure it has the helmet, but i think thats where all the similarities to Sir Kibble end....
and also i think its all OoT moves, because all she does in Twilight Princess(Correct me if i am wrong) is give up her life and die...
and The Pit thing, I think they would only make her part of the story... not a Pc....
@ Twilight yes i agree it only proves there existance, not disproving the others tough...
You are wrong. She doesn't give up her life, she puts her soul into Midna's body until the end, when it comes back to hers and she helps you fight Ganon.

Yeah, Sir Kibble doesn't wield a sword.

I agree about Palutena. And you know who should be an AT? The eggplant wizard!

Thank you. I sincerely hope Young Link (or maybe PH Link) returns. YL was my main, and I always loved taking on Bowser with my little eleven-year-old elf in an awesome green suit. (Gotta love the hat!)

where did you find this NCL?
where is it?
and YLink secret....
i think he should be better if he were secret...
It was in the Sheik/Ganondorf article.
He would be better secret.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Ike has been confirmed,but roy and marth are dropped out,roy was good at cruel mode.......why did they put Fire emblem characters......THEY NEED TO ANNOUNCE LONGWAITED OR MOST REQUESTED CHARACTERS......i hope Mewtwo comes back......characters that have to be not confirmed are:
1.Young link(replaced with windwaker link is good)
2.Sheik(an all new character just with a button in zeldas character)
ice climbers(PLZ REMOVE THEM THEIR STAGE IS REPULSIVE,BUT CAME BACK AS DK'S STAGE
Ness( a young boy who dosent have a big role......his moves are annoying)

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Ike has been confirmed,but roy and marth are dropped out,roy was good at cruel mode.......why did they put Fire emblem characters......THEY NEED TO ANNOUNCE LONGWAITED OR MOST REQUESTED CHARACTERS......i hope Mewtwo comes back......characters that have to be not confirmed are:
1.Young link(replaced with windwaker link is good)
2.Sheik(an all new character just with a button in zeldas character)
ice climbers(PLZ REMOVE THEM THEIR STAGE IS REPULSIVE,BUT CAME BACK AS DK'S STAGE
Ness( a young boy who dosent have a big role......his moves are annoying)
(1) Roy and Marth have not, repeat, not been disconfirmed.

(2) Sheik has basically been confirmed. Go back a page or two and you'll see a link to the article.

(3) I agree, the Ice Climbers have to go.

(4) Ness is probably returning. He's been in the past two games.

(5) Ike is a long-awaited (and most requested) character.

(6) If YL doesn't return, WW or PH Link should appear to take his place.

(7) Mewtwo may or may not come back, either is fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom