• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm in-between maining Fox right now, I feel kinda of weird knowing that people play characters based on the tier list and don't even play characters that fit their style. I guess I'd be just another one of them if I changed my main because of that, so I'll stick to Fox.

Right now my Fox sucks, my Marth sucks, my ICs suck, my Samus sucks, my C. Falcon and my Mario sucks. I can't even practice since I don't have a GC so I'm stuck.

I'm slowly getting better it's impossible to get at least 2 of my mains up. Right now my best main is Marth and I **** anyone I play with him but they are all scrubs.

I can't find any other vids right now, I know a Mario one and a ICs one. If you wanna see them lemme give you the links. You can find most of the vids in the video section of the Melee forums too.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
When I played SSB64 my mains were Ness, Kirby, and Pikachu. But I have this friend who ***** everyone as DK. We can't figure out how he does it.

Well, HE may own SSB64, but I DOMINATE SSBM. My mains are Falco, Sheik, Marth, Ganondorf. I can not play as Fox at all. I've tried countless times but it just never works. Kinda like what you said about play styles. Fox isn't for me, so i said screw him.

Thanks, I could use the Mario one. I'm not too shabby with him, and sure I'll watch the Climbers vid too. I wonder if anyone lives in NJ? I really could use some new competition. My friends are getting stale and I know all their tricks already. Sad story, I know.

Depster

Smash Champion
I main with yoshi, but i have a decent link and samus, and i can play a bit with jiggly and pikachu, but i wouldnt choose them in a tourney, just yoshi or link, MAYBE samus

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
What does this have to do with anything? Let's get back on track before this goes somewhere totally irrelivent.

I think the way it looks in the trailer, it's kind of implied that Doctor Mario is out because Mario's Fair has characteristics of both Doc's and Mario's Fair from Melee, and it's kind of implied that Young Link is out since Link moves a bit faster. Having a faster Link and a stronger Young Link would be like having two of the same character... No?

Depster

Smash Champion
ya, and ive heard a lot about the mario thing, but im glad they're out if they are, a balance of speed and power between clones is good IMO

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
What does this have to do with anything? Let's get back on track before this goes somewhere totally irrelivent.

I think the way it looks in the trailer, it's kind of implied that Doctor Mario is out because Mario's Fair has characteristics of both Doc's and Mario's Fair from Melee, and it's kind of implied that Young Link is out since Link moves a bit faster. Having a faster Link and a stronger Young Link would be like having two of the same character... No?
Your absolutely right... (by the way, where do you find the wii # on your wii..?)

AngelGod

Smash Rookie
I went onto the site where they are translating the game interview with the creater, I forgot his name, but he said that they might add the Fire Emblem characters because they are so popular but in that same sense they might not because of that popularity in japan and so forth.

The Director

Smash Lord
Hmmm...Pit looks like he's going to be good...too good.

I mean, come on! He's got a sword that splits into two, plus he can fly. Hopefully he's not over-used. :laugh:

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Metaknight will be where the pain is. I promise. He's going to be broken as all get out.

Hopefully not, but it kinda looks like it. It seems like he's going to have a spike...Spike + Flying character = God tier.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
He looks kinda light so it could take less blows for him to be KOd, but he's probably so fadt he can avoid it anyway. I'd like to see how they stop MK from being a flying Fox/Marth hybrid.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
It seems like he's going to have a spike...Spike + Flying character = God tier.
Kirby's Dair can be used to spike, and he's not God tier. In fact, he's the 3rd worst character in the game according to the tier list.

Marce

Smash Rookie
Kirby's spike isnt all that useful, but a captain falcon or a gdorf spike on jiggy would be intense.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
Kirby's spike is as useful as any other spike in the game...sorta. It's just alot slower. And it only works really good on fastfallers...

Sensai

Smash Master
But he was God-tier in Smash 64, where his spike was noticeable.

MK just seems to me like he's going to be Kirby mixed with Marth's moves. And that scares me, haha.

DarkDrai

Smash Rookie
But he was God-tier in Smash 64, where his spike was noticeable.
I knew there was a reason I loved that guy! Shame he got so crappy in Melee, though...

MK just seems to me like he's going to be Kirby mixed with Marth's moves. And that scares me, haha.
Maybe. More likely, he'll have his own kind of moves that'll largely set him apart. (Obvious already with those 3-hit combos on each attack, of course.) The question is how is he going to fare compared to Marth, Pit, Z Samus, etc.?

My 2 cents: Holy crap, I can't wait for this game! Nintendo really seems to be putting in a buttload of effort into making this the best game ever. I can't wait to try out Pit, MK, and Z Samus (pretty much in that order). I've never liked Wario, so I can't really say much about him. I kind of hope he's at least decent, but with him farting in the friggin' trailer, I doubt I'm gonna care about him that much. Snake'll be interesting to play, probably. I also can't wait to see what characters get unlocked...

What I really wonder is, what's the character select screen going to look like? Melee's character pics are already pretty small (compared to SSB). I wonder how much smaller they're going to get, especially since they still need some room for those larger ones that show who you are. Unless they decide not to have those this time. Nevermind, in that case.:ohwell:

DarkDrai

Smash Rookie
I was thinking something like that. The only game that comes to mind that has that is the one Naruto fighting game (don't know what it's called). And I don't think it worked very well in that one. Maybe they'll just squish the bottom part down and shrinky the pics a tiny bit. There's gotta be room!

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm sure the character select screen should be the least of our problems at this point. :p

But still, I too wonder what it's going to be. I've also thought of the 'too many characters' problem. (although that really isn't a bad problem)

DarkDrai

Smash Rookie
I never said too many characters was a problem!:p I was just wondering how they were going to do it. The more the merrier!

The more I think about it, the more I see myself making Pit my main... I hope Samus is fun to play, though. Seems like it so far, but only time...and playing Brawl once it comes out...will tell.

*giddy*

The Director

Smash Lord
This may sound crazy, especially to a lot of people on this board, but I think the lines between tiers are going to be blurred in Brawl. With Sakurai saying how Brawl's speed is going to be moderated, the effectiveness of all characters hopefully will be even.

A crazy theory, I know! :chuckle:

Wrath`

Smash Master
This may sound crazy, especially to a lot of people on this board, but I think the lines between tiers are going to be blurred in Brawl. With Sakurai saying how Brawl's speed is going to be moderated, the effectiveness of all characters hopefully will be even.

A crazy theory, I know! :chuckle:
It would be cool,but smashfreaks will find the "unfairites" or "brokeness" of characters

Sensai

Smash Master
The Director said:

A crazy theory, I know!
I've killed men for saying less blasphemious things.

Joke! :-D

The fact is that there's going to be a tier list, regardless. There's just nothing you can do about it, as some characters will be better then other characters at some area or another. Now, it might be overloaded with sidenotes about this and that....

And I think the Select Screen will probably look something like Melee's: simple, not too flashy, but elegant and respectful. I DON'T want it trippy or overly active.

And to whoever said something about 'too many characters' problem....when I first read that, I thought 'lol tihs guy hsa no idea wut hez tklaing about!11', but now that I think about it...you're right. Melee was pretty full with 25 characters and we all fully expect at least 10 more. It might actually be a problem....

Oh well. Faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom