• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Nintendo's not cognizant of the tiers...for the last freakin' time.
Quoted for emphasis. If I hear one more stupid post about tiers, I swear someone's gonna die. And not a quick blow to the head. I'm an aspiring author so you know I've got an imagination.

And I expect him to be in whole-heartedly now. Before, I was fairly certain, but now it's like....jeah.
At first announcement, I'd have agreed with you. However, (I don't remember if it's posted in here or in the Light House topic), Sega did take the time to issue a statement that there were no plans for Sonic in Brawl. Granted, the word "yet" was used, and it was never refuted as a future possibility, but it still seems like if they already had Sonic/Brawl plans, they'd have just let us stew in our suspicions for awhile before announcing it, rather than discouraging our speculation.

I still agree that it's a possibility, but I'm not sure if I'd go so far as a probability.

Andy

Sensai

Smash Master
Oh ****. You up and done it now.

And rAt, are you saying that Sega issued that announcement right as this game came out? Or...earlier on, before this was announced?

The rAt

Smash Ace
Scratch that Sensai, I had two different posts spliced together in my mind. One of them was about an IGN interview, the other was one of X-x-Dyce-x-X's posts from awhile back involving Nintendo's comments (which upon further inspection, did not actually cite a source). Consider the first half of my previous post retracted.

And Number1Fanboy, don't be going to sleep anytime soon. ;)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
pirkid, I believe you got those mixed up. :-D

And I don't recall Sakurai ever saying that some characters wouldn't return. I DO remember him saying that some characters MIGHT not return...

Everyone jumps to conclusions. :-/
Sonic could be in SSBB. Him and Mario are staring in a game together, I have a link to a page on it right below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_and_sonic_at_the_olympic_games

I think that increases Sonic's chances. Considering Nintendo and Sega working together to make a game with both of their all-stars, he could be in SSBB. Actually I have a quote from the guy who was in charge of Sonic and the Secret Rings, Yojiro Ogawa who stated this:

[In my personal opinion, it would be great to have Sonic in it. But that would really involve Sonic and Nintendo's management, it's nothing to do with me!"
With that said, I don't think it proves anything, but whatever. Also note that most the Sonic games recently haven't been that good, and what better way to make Sonic gain publisity, and be liked by more audiences then SSBB? It is simply the most talked about game (only rival is Halo 3) at the current moment that many can't wait to get (myself included).

^^^ that is right, he said some might not return. Check this out: "Sakurai has stated that some of the characters in Super Smash Bros. Melee may not return." (source: Wikipedia). Might, not some characters are leaving, some characters might not return! It is most likely some will be removed, but not very many should be expected to be cut. :) :) :)

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Wikipedia is never, ever, ever a good source.

If you're going to quote Sakurai, why not just source the topic on this very board?

freddy 22

Smash Rookie
I think that the guy who voiced Ganondorf did a great job. If Ganondorf is in Brawl, one thing they must do is give him and sword and magic attacks instead of CF moves.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
IMDb also had 50 Cent listed as the voice of Epona in Twilight Princess for a very long time. And Richard Simmons as the voice of Tingle.

That said, IMDb is not a good source. They accept pretty much any info sent into them, regardless of whether or not it's true.

Sensai

Smash Master
IMDb is a worse source then Wikipedia. Fact.

Johnknight1, what exactly were you talking about in reference to my quote? 'Cause, I'm not seeing it.

Sensai

Smash Master
Actually, and I may have misunderstood your post, Nintendo has said that Brawl will be available this year.

Given, MP3 has just recently been delayed 'til 'after June', and since Galaxy is definitely coming out this year (Miyamoto promised!), Brawl might get shoved back a bit.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It says to be announced 2007..... They aren't saying it will be given to us in 2007.
I thought TBA 2007 meant it would still be released in 2007 but at an exact date is unknown. As long as I get at least some more character info by the end of E3, be it either of returning fighters or newcomers, I'll be fine...

(sigh) I guess... :urg:

The rAt

Smash Ace
I thought TBA 2007 meant it would still be released in 2007 but at an exact date is unknown. As long as I get at least some more character info by the end of E3, be it either of returning fighters or newcomers, I'll be fine...

(sigh) I guess... :urg:
C'mon you should know by now that when Nintendo says "TBA 2007" they really mean "Sometime within three years of 2007."

I just hope it comes out before I become an old man and develop chronic arthritis and alzheimer's. The latter doesn't really affect gaming abilities, but what's the point of owning people if you can't remember it?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well I think it'll come out 2008. I don't want it to but we aren't getting any information so it's possible that there's no information to give, thus resulting in the delay of Brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Well I think it'll come out 2008. I don't want it to but we aren't getting any information so it's possible that there's no information to give, thus resulting in the delay of Brawl.
I'm pretty sure they're holding information because they want to keep people enticed. They have to have at least 10 more characters since they released the info on Fox, I think E3 is the next big release of info: new characters, returning characters, stages, and HOPEFULLY a release date. Not all at once of course, just a few at E3 and then they will keep us updated probably monthly or bi-monthly. That's what Sakurai said he wanted to do on SmashBros.com.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I hope Wiiconnect24 allows us to download past stages, new stages, new modes and possibly new characters. The only downside is that they might try to remove any advanced techniques people find.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I hope Wiiconnect24 allows us to download past stages, new stages, new modes and possibly new characters. The only downside is that they might try to remove any advanced techniques people find.
Some one did mention this before,but for peeps who cant get accses for some reason would be left in the dust.

And if some people main peeps that others havent even seen yet,How would that be fair?

Sensai

Smash Master
People who can't access the internet can't play online, thus, wouldn't see these 'peeps' who main 'peeps' that the first party didn't see.

I wanna be a lawyer!

Da Man, I wouldn't believe it, honestly. The game industry, and Nintendo especially, is infamous for not doing much of anything in summer.

And the reason we're not getting information (once again, for the 100th time) is because of several things:

a) there haven't been any conferences to announce things at.
b) the recent GDC was unable to provide information due to the stock problems Nintendo had.
c) they hate you.

Depster

Smash Champion
I think brawl will come out soon after the new pokemon game for wii that comes out in june that has wifi, maybe in July?

icymatt

Smash Lord
They're probably waiting until it's as close to the final product as possible before showing more (ala Melee's first appearance at E3 2001). I mean, after two teasers, it'd be better to actually see what the game will definetly look like when you play it; with stuff like %s, stock, items, and all the default characters and stages on display.

I expect something within the next three months, before the info avalanche at Lobotomized-E3 in July.

Oh yeah, I'm gunning for an October release date.

And back into the shadows I go!

Sensai

Smash Master
icymatt, I'm hoping your right.

But October? Why's that? Care to explain that at all? I assume it has something to do with the placement of Galaxy and MP3, but...jeah. Please elaborate, I'm interested.

icymatt

Smash Lord
That's pretty much it. I expect it to come between MP3 in late summer/early fall and Galaxy at the end of the year.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
MP3 is metroid prime 3. But according to the wii thread in the light house, there might be a chance that MP3 is delayed till '08. Ha, if they don't give us any info on brawl soon, I think I'm gunna snap.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Looks like Wii [3 cheers for corny wii puns] will be having a very dry line up won't we[ii]?

icymatt

Smash Lord
I doubt MP3 will be delayed until '08. Super Mario Galaxy, I think, is the only one with that possibility.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Speaking of release dates IGN's website has brawl out tentatively out for Christmas of 07 in japan. Whats up with that.

Sensai

Smash Master
No, it's a placeholder date. It's because of the comment that all three (MP3, Galaxy, Brawl) would be out by 2007, meaning Dec. 31 is the LAST day that they could possibly come out.

Essentially, it's a placeholder. Don't worry about it.

And speaking of rumor, IGN had a release date for Galaxy set to Sept. 15th, 2007 for about 20 minutes and then took it down. I'm not sure if that's fact or fiction, but it's kind of a weird date to just throw out randomly.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
No, they've never given a specific date to Brawl outside of 2007, and MP3 has never been given one either after the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom