• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depster

Smash Champion
come on man, yoshi was in the original cast and then he continued to be at ssbm...yoshi IS confirmed in my opinion. not that it matters caus eyoshi is horrible.
yoshi is horrible? are you on drugs? i jsut dont think ur good enough for him, obviously you havent played me or any other actually good yoshi players that know what to do in every oppurtunity that arrises, how to counter almost anything, and the fastest way to KO anyone

IceZ

Smash Cadet
when you say most likely is that what you think or has there been ne actual evidence?

IceZ

Smash Cadet
well the guy running it may have come out and talked about certain characters chances, since some characters are already confirmed.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
All the director has said is that some characters won't be returning. Who these characters are is total guess work. Some people think it's popularity, originality, newness, non-cloneness, franchise abundance or whatever. There's just too little information to know for sure.

Depster

Smash Champion
well the guy running it may have come out and talked about certain characters chances, since some characters are already confirmed.
guy running it=Sakurai

And sakurai only revealed the characters on the first page, none others, i dont think he even talked about any

pirkid

Smash Lord
yoshi is horrible? are you on drugs? i jsut dont think ur good enough for him, obviously you havent played me or any other actually good yoshi players that know what to do in every oppurtunity that arrises, how to counter almost anything, and the fastest way to KO anyone
There are no bad players, only bad characters.

Sensai

Smash Master
pirkid, I believe you got those mixed up. :-D

And I don't recall Sakurai ever saying that some characters wouldn't return. I DO remember him saying that some characters MIGHT not return...

Everyone jumps to conclusions. :-/

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
pirkid, I believe you got those mixed up. :-D

And I don't recall Sakurai ever saying that some characters wouldn't return. I DO remember him saying that some characters MIGHT not return...

Everyone jumps to conclusions. :-/
...REally? That's what he said?

*PHEW!* Then I was worried over nothing!

Go ahead, tell everyone that!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
SamuraiPanda said:
"Sorry. I'm not very smart but I can't tell a lie so I'm just going to write it.
As for the previous game's characters, some of them will disappear. Definitely.

For the last game, we struggled to assemble 26 characters. We tried really hard and unintentionally reached that number.

But, although you'll see characters from the last game, this time, on a significant scale [Yes, this is exact], they will be remade. It is this sort of thing [This sentence is slang, so there really isn't a good English translation for it].

For argument's sake, no matter how much staff there is, with just manpower we can’t just put in everything, and as my own job [read: workload] does not decrease, there is a limit.

But, the consumer’s desired things to be included [There really isn’t a good English equivalent for that word] are weeeeell understood. You will be [he doesn’t give a subject to the sentence, so I’m using ‘you’] happy regarding the adapted characters moving around on different stages as well [The email he is responding to complained about how there are only 3 stages from SSB that are stages in SSBM, so I guess this infers that there wont be a whole lot of previous stages].

So, we will once again struggle to create characters. I cannot promise you anything other than that.”
There. Take that as you will. :/

Sensai

Smash Master
X-x-Dyce-x-X is my new best friend for that post.

And I agree, more information should be announced. I heard recently that Nintendo has signed up to be the 'flagship' developer at something in October, meaning that at absolute LATEST, we should get some stuff there.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I'd say getting info at the E3 Expo (lol redundant) on July 11th-13th is a sure fire thing. Despite E3's downsizing, Nintendo has not pulled any of their support for it.

Depster

Smash Champion
X-x-Dyce-x-X is my new best friend for that post.

And I agree, more information should be announced. I heard recently that Nintendo has signed up to be the 'flagship' developer at something in October, meaning that at absolute LATEST, we should get some stuff there.
Lol, i know that they are doing that flagship deal for a fact, it is on the Nintendo website on the front page =P

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
OH OH OH!!! NEWS!!! Ok everyone check this:

"Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games"!!!

YES YOU HEARD RIGHT!!! On the Wii, quarter 4 of 2007, Mario and Sonic will be together for the first time in the same game playing side by side and/or face to face!!! This may sound like good news for Sonic in Brawl, but the marketing director of Nintendo Europe has stated in an interview relating to a question pretaining to if Sonic will be part of the Brawl cast of characters: "That's not in the cards at the moment". But hey, who knows?

Wrath`

Smash Master
OH OH OH!!! NEWS!!! Ok everyone check this:

"Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games"!!!

YES YOU HEARD RIGHT!!! On the Wii, quarter 4 of 2007, Mario and Sonic will be together for the first time in the same game playing side by side and/or face to face!!! This may sound like good news for Sonic in Brawl, but the marketing director of Nintendo Europe has stated in an interview relating to a question pretaining to if Sonic will be part of the Brawl cast of characters: "That's not in the cards at the moment". But hey, who knows?
April fools is tommorow,so it could be a joke...

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
There's a thread about it over in the Light House (which I'd leave a link to, but let's face it; I'm very lazy), giving some compelling arguements as to why it isn't an april fools joke. Not the least of which being the expensiveness in obtaining legal use of the Olympic Games logo, and the likelyhood of a lawsuit given illegal use of it.

As far as Sonic for Brawl, they really do seem to be taking advantage of the fact that this game is a team up between Sega and Nintendo, and is using their flagship characters, and they had to know the Brawl question would come up. It doesn't seem far fetched to me that we'll see him in the game, regardless of what they're saying now.

As far as details at E3; I dunno, seems like they're really trying to scale it down to just developers, and the whole point of revealing stuff at E3 was to show the whole world, not just other developers. But, I guess you never know.

Later.
Andy

Sensai

Smash Master
It's not an April Fool's Day joke, for sure.

And I didn't mention that here 'cause I was sure that everyone had already heard of it....this is what I get for having faith in people.

Wrath`

Smash Master
No I'm pretty sure most people heard of it. TWoK is just The best person in the whole world. I have yet to read a logical thread posted under his name, excluding when he quotes someone else, and then gives a moronic reply.
I have heard of it,but i'm just saying that scince it came so close to april fools it could have been a joke.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
kk..that's it...i swear, when brawl comes out, i've NEVER BEEN MORE MOTIVATED TO KICK PIKACHU'S LACK OF A$$
Them's fightin' words. Off-topic fightin' words to boot.

Anyhow, I think we've established that this is not a joke. The question here is whether or not it will have any bearing on Sonic's inclusion/non-inclusion in Brawl. Granted there have been statements about, but I'm personally expecting that to change in the near future.

Andy

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Sonic would be in this because he is by far the most popular character voted to be in Brawl. Besides that he is one of the world's most memorable video game icons. And now that Nintendo and Sega have many license agreements between the Wii's Virtual Console and the upcoming game: Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, I don't see why he shouldn't be put in. And just because "edgehog" rhymes with "hedgehog" doesn't mean he will be... you jokester you.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't really care about Sonic. I don't love him, like him or hate him. I guess you could call me indifferent. At least he'll be another fast charater.

Sensai

Smash Master
Nintendo's not cognizant of the tiers...for the last freakin' time.

And I expect him to be in whole-heartedly now. Before, I was fairly certain, but now it's like....jeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom