• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Nope. Nada, never. After MP3's delay, it has never had a date pinned to it aside from random placeholder dates that retailers have given it. Same with Galaxy, except that has never been delayed, it's just never had a date to begin with.

Sensai

Smash Master
When people say that Smash was supposed to be a launch game (or launch window, etc), they're refferring to something Miyamoto said about the Wii being online from day one, saying he hoped that he could kick Reggies *** at Smash.

Something like that...

Devastlian

Smash Lord
No no no. They're talking about the Nintendo Press Conference when the Revolution was unveiled when Mr. Iwata said, "Even now, as we speak, a team is hard at work bringing a Super Smash Bros. sequel to take advantage of the Revolution's online out of the box capabilities at launch." (Or something like that.) This statement was made before Mr. Sakurai was asked to be a part of the project.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Hell, that statement was before any production had even begun on Brawl. Production didn't start for another five months.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Yup. So technically it's never been delayed. And, from interviews with Reggie and Beth Lewelyn, still seems to be on track for '07. Let's all just hope it stays on track. :/

Sensai

Smash Master
Who is this Beth person? And when was this interview?

And thanks for correcting my inaccuracies. I didn't get into gaming news until recently, so everything I know is from the very little I paid attention back then or the little I've picked up along the way about the past.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Beth Llewellyn's the Senior Director of Coporate Communications at Nintendo of America. Go here and, under the Popular Videos heading, click The State of Nintendo Interview. It was at GDC at the beginning of March. She mentions it around the three minute mark and says we should hear more about them soon. :/

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I'm so tired of all these videos, can't they just scream information about Brawl from a tall building?
In a way, I do agree with you. I myself want more info too... but, it's much harder than you think... Remember, they don't want to give away all info(espicially because it may come out on June 1st)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No one really cares about who will be better about who on this thread. Make your own thread to discuss that.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'm kinda feeling like we're getting shafted concerning info, too. It bothers me, considering that they want this game to be out by the end of this year.

It's not coming out June 1st. I promise you.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I see E3 as being the closest date in the future that we will be getting any more info. Since we've all been waiting like good little boys and girls, we're most likely going to get quite a few details.

I'm estimating at E3: at least 3-4 returning characters (fingers crossed for 5), 1 newcomer (fingers crossed for 2), a few more levels (not really elaborated on, just in videos and such [UNLESS they are incredibly unique and they catch reporters attention enough to ask questions about them]), some single player and multiplayer modes details (maybe another 1p quest mode, returning favorite minigames, Special Melee/(Brawl?) modes), and maybe some item info (I'm curious as to what the Nintendog item will look like). From that point on we will be getting small bits of info periodically, depending on the release date of the game (which I've got DOUBLE FINGERS CROSSED for at E3), I'm saying a character update either monthly or bi-monthly until release. They WILL give us all of them by release, Sakurai promised me... and if he doesn't deliver... I'll cry...

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I see E3 as being the closest date in the future that we will be getting any more info. Since we've all been waiting like good little boys and girls, we're most likely going to get quite a few details.

I'm estimating at E3: at least 3-4 returning characters (fingers crossed for 5), 1 newcomer (fingers crossed for 2), a few more levels (not really elaborated on, just in videos and such [UNLESS they are incredibly unique and they catch reporters attention enough to ask questions about them]), some single player and multiplayer modes details (maybe another 1p quest mode, returning favorite minigames, Special Melee/(Brawl?) modes), and maybe some item info (I'm curious as to what the Nintendog item will look like). From that point on we will be getting small bits of info periodically, depending on the release date of the game (which I've got DOUBLE FINGERS CROSSED for at E3), I'm saying a character update either monthly or bi-monthly until release. They WILL give us all of them by release, Sakurai promised me... and if he doesn't deliver... I'll cry...
Indeed. After E3 (which will be a literal treasure trove of new Brawl info, bet on it), we'll likely get a constant stream of updates on smashbros.com, similar to what happened on the official Melee website, which got an update every week after July 7th. Considering E3 is in July now...

All we have to do now is... wait... for July 11th...

*groan*

Sensai

Smash Master
Why do I have a sneakin' suspicion that there is another conference or something before E for All....

Ugh. I'm thinking hard, but I don't think there is one, which is too **** bad.

Yep...looks like we sit idle and on our hands and wait it out.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Why do I have a sneakin' suspicion that there is another conference or something before E for All....

Ugh. I'm thinking hard, but I don't think there is one, which is too **** bad.

Yep...looks like we sit idle and on our hands and wait it out.
I don't know if i'm correct but, isn't TGS before E3..?

Wrath`

Smash Master
We need to send a group of ninjas to skura's house and were the game is being developed,so we can stel the plans for brawl.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
If you don't mind, can you tell me who Sakurai is?! And I agree with you, I would've wanted a conference before E3 too... (He might be talking about Naruto show)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Oh my goodness... Sakurai is the lead developer on EVERY Super Smash Bros game to date. Also some early Kirby games. He lead Hal Laboratories through Super Smash Bros 64, and again through Super Smash Bros Melee. He had just about called it quits when Miyamoto called him up personally and asked him to develop Super Smash Bros Brawl. For some time he was even working on Brawl all by his lonesome. But then he had assembled a small team of Super Smash addicts, which I'm sure have grown significantly by now, to help him produce the game to completion.

Sakurai is a genius. I would be mad at you if we didn't have the same interests in threads (I see you everywhere) and if your name didn't remind me of Oreos, which makes me smile.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I'm glad I could make you happy... Thank's for the info on Sakurai... And yes I see you everywhere as well... ( by the way, Sakurai is a genius!!)

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah, I thought E for All was what they had renamed E3. My bad, and thanks for correcting me.

Alright, well, we'll just sit idle.

Stryks

Smash Hero
God how may times does it have to be said?!

A yoshis island stage has been shown in the 2nd trailer, how could yoshi not be in yet hes stage is on the trailer? hes semi-confirmed cause even tough we have seen the stage, yoshi has not yet been revealed by sakurai...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom