• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
He's a stupid popularity hog. Sorry, But I don't like Yoshi that much.
Ohhhh, leave the Yosh-ster alone! He's been good to all of us, especially in Super Mario World and he's adorable to boot. Not only that, he's a very unique character and he doesn't play that badly (I only discovered the latter just recently). He'll probably be one of the next characters revealed so get ready boys and girls.

SliK

Smash Journeyman
lol no reason to bite my bawls off i thought they were only saying characters that the makers said were returning. So i thought maybe they hinted at it or something :( but yeah its pretty obvious lol.

Depster

Smash Champion
Ohhhh, leave the Yosh-ster alone! He's been good to all of us, especially in Super Mario World and he's adorable to boot. Not only that, he's a very unique character and he doesn't play that badly (I only discovered the latter just recently). He'll probably be one of the next characters revealed so get ready boys and girls.
That's right yoshi is awesome! I can beat anyone i know easily with him

Stryks

Smash Hero
hes saying marth, ganon, and roy > yoshi, thats just opinion, if hes talking about tiers then ok hes rite, yet IDK if he is indeed talking about tiers, and seeing how yoshi is far more well known and popular, I wanted to point out that he is wrong, and brought the sonic > amy in silver (seeing how he hes them in his sig) and point out that indeed sonic is better than amy and silver, both being not as well known as sonic is...

XD

Depster

Smash Champion
did u mean what ">" means? in math it is greater than symbol, so he is saying that Sonic "is greater than" amy and silver.

Marth, Ganon, Roy> Yoshi???????????

I own ganon roy and marth, so that cant be right...

you must mean Marth, Ganon, Roy< Yoshi, right?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yoshi isn't interesting to me at all so I don't really care what happens to him. Since he lacks a recovery move it makes him more 'ugly'. Hardly anyone plays as Yoshi now so they'll have to patch him up.

Wrath`

Smash Master
did u mean what ">" means? in math it is greater than symbol, so he is saying that Sonic "is greater than" amy and silver.

Marth, Ganon, Roy> Yoshi???????????

I own ganon roy and marth, so that cant be right...

you must mean Marth, Ganon, Roy< Yoshi, right?
If you were to play me you would see that my Gannon,marth and roy > your yoshi.

@stryks amy does have a grip on(love wise,wich makes sonic run away) sonic so amy>sonic

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yoshi isn't interesting to me at all so I don't really care what happens to him. Since he lacks a recovery move it makes him more 'ugly'. Hardly anyone plays as Yoshi now so they'll have to patch him up.
True that he doesn't have a recovery move, but its got good distance and hard to get him out of it! Plus, he's faster than Ganondorf(which lacks long range attacks as well) and Yoshis got some power too... IMO Yoshi would beat Ganandorf and I'm not going into Marth now! And that was to The wrath of Koarin and Red Exodus...

shazbot

Smash Apprentice
The fact that yoshi doesn't have a third jump makes him a pretty original character. IMO a djc'd air looks graceful not "ugly"

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Does anyone think Ness will return?!.(I think all 64 characters will because theres only 7 confirmed with high possibility of Sonic and DK)

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^I'm hoping that that doesn't happen...^^^

And I expect Ness to return. Sakurai loves him some retro characters, so there's no reason for him to be dropped.

But, like whoever else said, he is the most likely of the original Smashers to be dropped.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I've never played Earthbound so I don't know the difference, but from the sound of it, there aren't many.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
There's only 3: Mother, Earthbound (Mother 2), Mother 3. And Ness isn't really "retro". Well yes he is kinda, but only a little bit more than Lucas from Mother 3 and not as much as Ninten from Mother. I'd like to see Ness, but with a Ninten costume... or maybe they don't need one, they look exactly the same... and a Lucas costume. Or we could switch it around and have either Ninten or Lucas with everyone else's costumes. I'd be ok with that. Whatever.

Sensai

Smash Master
The thing that makes Ness more probable is the fact that he's been in a game that was released to the US.

No, Sakurai doesn't place priority on us, but it's not like he doesn't care about us.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah like sakurai said, he doesnt want japan only characters, and since mother 3 never came out over here, replacing ness for lucas would be kinda odd for us american smashers :p

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
It could still happen. Sakurai never said "no Japan only characters ever." He said he didn't want to include too many, and then immediately goes back on his word in the same sentence, remembering how well Marth and Roy were accepted in other regions.

Frankly, I'd be pretty surprised if Lucas doesn't replace Ness.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
I recently saw a preview for Super Smash Bros. Brawl and at the end it showed Fox totally remodeled. He looked AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope other people saw him too because it's hard to explain how cool he looked.
I saw that too, he looks like the Star Fox 64 fox

i like it a little but i like the ssbm one better. and BTW he looked like that in star fox command i believe

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It could still happen. Sakurai never said "no Japan only characters ever." He said he didn't want to include too many, and then immediately goes back on his word in the same sentence, remembering how well Marth and Roy were accepted in other regions.

Frankly, I'd be pretty surprised if Lucas doesn't replace Ness.
I wouldn't be suprised if Ness returns!.. From the conv. aboveEarthbound was realesed in US and Japan so I would believe he will return... If not, Make th EarthBound sequal..!

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
"The main character of Mother 3 for the Gameboy Advance (originally planned for the Nintendo 64), Lucas, was supposed to replace Ness, but because the game was delayed, Ness was kept."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros_Melee#Characters

Got that from good ol' Wikipedia. Personally, I wouldn't mind Ness being traded in for Lucas. It'll add some flavor to a nerfed character. But what they need to do is make him (and Kirby) back to how he was in SSB64.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
"The main character of Mother 3 for the Gameboy Advance (originally planned for the Nintendo 64), Lucas, was supposed to replace Ness, but because the game was delayed, Ness was kept."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros_Melee#Characters

Got that from good ol' Wikipedia. Personally, I wouldn't mind Ness being traded in for Lucas. It'll add some flavor to a nerfed character. But what they need to do is make him (and Kirby) back to how he was in SSB64.
Sometimes, Wikipedia isn't that reliable...

But whatever. I'd believe it.

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

Yes yes, I know that.

That doesn't mean that it will necessarily happen, though. It also says that the FE characters weren't supposed to be in the American version of the game. Shift happens.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Right, "shift" did happen, and that's why Lucas wasn't in and Ness stayed. I'm not saying Lucas will be in Brawl, I'm just saying that he was going to be in Melee and it never happend so they could bring him into Brawl, and it would be interesting to see him in it.

And Wikipedia is pretty reliable on past events, not so much on future ones. People like to play with those and make it say the Nintendogs will eat your soul.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol he said shift, not that other word.

I didn't hear much about Melee before it launched so I can't say what changed.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
There you go. Now I said shift too.

And I only read this news on Wikipedia. I really didn't hear much news before Melee came out. I was only about 12 at the time, my computer was still running on dial-up, and as a matter of fact I didn't think Melee was that good at first. Thank god I finally learned to love it. What would I possibly do with my spare time? Friends? Job? Homework? Girls?...

pffffft... forget that!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
There you go. Now I said shift too.

And I only read this news on Wikipedia. I really didn't hear much news before Melee came out. I was only about 12 at the time, my computer was still running on dial-up, and as a matter of fact I didn't think Melee was that good at first. Thank god I finally learned to love it. What would I possibly do with my spare time? Friends? Job? Homework? Girls?...

pffffft... forget that!
I'm going to take your "shift" word(to let you know). Also, I agree with you. Who needs all that stuff if you got Melee to bide your time.

^^^^(message above)
I don't want Ness to go either, but they will have (basically) the same moveset so don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom