• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Alright Im finally done reading. First of all y are u guys still talkin bout sheik shes gone just like G&W, young link, and ice climbers. OoT is old now move on. A new zelda character might be in the works since she fights with u in TP. Why would sheik return If Zamus mimics her speed and kicks so she is no longer needed. Not only that in brawl u are now able to customize your characters power, speed, clothing etc. The point in smash bros. is to bring characters from there current games and have them brawl. So y in the hell would sheik be there if shes not in TP.
It's people like you who give n00bs a bad name.
First of all, who ever said that G&W, Young Link, and Ice Climbers were gone? You're acting like it's a fact, when, in reality, it's probably not true. Maybe one of them is out, probably Young Link, but certainly not all of them.

Second, Smash Bros. is not about characters from current games. Pit hasn't had a game since like NES or SNES. He's in the game. When Melee came out, Ice Climbers hadn't had a game since NES. So, your point is invalid. And geuss what, Sheik wasn't in TP, but I don't remember Zamus being in the latest Metroid game. Once again, your point is invalid.

Third, just because OoT is old, it was still by far the most popular Zelda game there ever was. Also, just because Zamus has speed and kicks doesn't mean Sheik is automatically out. It's still a different character, it doesn't have to be a clone.

Lastly, customizing speed, power, and clothing? Wtf? Maybe clothing with alternate costumes but speed and power? Wtf?

Gosh.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Actually yes Zamus was in the last metroid prime game, both echoes and hunters if u pass it 100% I think...

Also check what ur saying, both ICs and pit are retros, u cant compare them with sheik, shes far from retro, not to mention yet again BOTH pit and ICs are stars in their own game, is sheik? no, shes just a character to help u out, teach yeah a few songs, and hide zeldas true identity, big whoop...

I do agree in the GaW/Ylink/ICs part, but ur wrong in the sheik part, yeah lets make TP zelda transform into her alter ego from 100 years ago, something she didnt do in TP! hey why dont we give her another transformation and transform her into Tera from WW while were at it!! [/sarcasm]

Red Exodus

Smash Master
ICs, GW, Ness and Pit are retros, they aren't really affected by time, as a matter of fact, it improves their chances of getting in somewhat.

Wrath`

Smash Master
ICs, GW, Ness and Pit are retros, they aren't really affected by time, as a matter of fact, it improves their chances of getting in somewhat.
Plus,IC are on the back of the mellee box,and better known characters like c falcon,peach....ect are not on there.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Heh, that would be so weird if Yoshi didn't make it.

That'd be like... Samus not making it.

As far as the costume thing goes (being as I'm not going to read through 208 pages just this second), who's hoping for like various era costumes, not necessarily with different attributes or anything, but like Samus with her Super Metroid outfit, as well as her Prime outfit as options?

I'd love to see Wario's classic outfit available for example. And Snake better have the option between full on mullet and 3 and 4 day beards.

As a complete aside, remember in melee the really weird Mario costume? The brown and grey, looks like an italian construction worker from the 1920s outfit?

KalimariDark

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't be exactly like Samus not making it. Because Samus is confirmed, completely, in the last issue (May-ish?) of NP, in that little Brawl sidebar thing. And that was a Yoshi's Island stage (not Story), so maybe it will be a Yoshi's Island style Yoshi? All extra cartoon-y and ****~

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Okay, you're right, not exactly... but that's a technicality.

You know what I mean, a main Nintendo character (regardless of him also being part of the mushroom kingdom) not making it into smash, after already being in the first two incarnations.

As for more cartoon-y Yoshi than the original, I'm all for it. Variety is the spice of life.

Depster

Smash Champion
Okay, you're right, not exactly... but that's a technicality.

You know what I mean, a main Nintendo character (regardless of him also being part of the mushroom kingdom) not making it into smash, after already being in the first two incarnations.

As for more cartoon-y Yoshi than the original, I'm all for it. Variety is the spice of life.
only if yoshi gets amped up, i dont want him to be stupid looking AND a wimp, that would be a disgrace, being that yoshi is my favorite character EVER

EDIT: BTW, I'm back!

Fabes

Smash Rookie
ok first, can somone post up another running list of who's been confirmed (also not reading 208 pages)

second, we cant count shiek in or out. i would personally love for shiek to be in it just because i like the character, and seeing as how most of the games will have atleast 2-3 reps i dont think it would be too hard to believe shiek would be returning. but i do expect gannondorf aybe not so much young link or anyone else especialy from tp because there wasn't anyone who stood out, i mean who? midna? although that would be pretty cool.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ok ok... lets not get into the sheik thing. That topic is in basically every thread and it's annoying as hell. We don't know if sheik will return, we don't know if she won't. No opinions, because either you love or hate her, and frankly, no one cares about anyone else's opinion. But here are the DEFINITELY confirmed characters:

-Returning-
>Mario
>Link
>Pikachu
>Kirby
>Fox
>Samus

-Newcomers-
>Pit
>Metaknight
>Zero-Suit Samus
>Wario
>Solid Snake

That's all, no new definite confirmations since the last trailer.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
-Newcomers-
>Pit
>Metaknight
>Zero-Suit Samus
>Solid Snake

That's all, no new definite confirmations since the last trailer.
Have you already given up on Wario? ;p

I hadn't realized how wide-spread the Shiek debate was. Everyone here should just agree to let it die for a while, let it soak in before saying anything more.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
I think everyone should give up on Wario. I mean watching him in the trailer is bad enough but I could never actually consider useing him haha. I can see him being another Mewtwo character. That's simply just my personal opinion about Wario. Other then that I do wish we knew who else was in this game. Didn't Brawl come out in Japan. Why haven't we been told who is in the game?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Marth, all characters can't be just another Fox, some have to have different advantages and disadvantages or the game will become repetitive.

Anyway I'm tired of talking about Shiek, new topic plzzz.

Depster

Smash Champion
how powerful do u suppose zamus' laser gun should be? does it charge in metroid: fusion? or does she even use it as a gun at all in her games? and doesnt the trailer show that samus becomes zamus when she does the charge shot/special brawl move?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
In Metroid Zero Mission it's a stun gun that charges, I don't think it does anything if you don't charge it because the shots are too weak.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
where did all these new people come from?
[singing]Sooomewheeere...ooover the raiiinbow...Waaay up hiiigh![/singing]

:p I have no idea.

In Metroid Zero Mission it's a stun gun that charges, I don't think it does anything if you don't charge it because the shots are too weak.
That would be interesting, having another projectile weapon with no stun. Perhaps there will also be a feature which allows you to charge up an attack and then fire at some opponent. I'm not suggesting it be like Samus', but a shot which you could charge while remaining imobile, and you can't stop and hold the charge. In order to move and fight, you must release it at some point. Picture Roy's neutralB, the longer you hold the stronger it gets, but you can't move. Also, this attack doesn't hurt ZSS and she can hold it as long as she likes. Don't worry though, the attack doesn't get nearly as strong and stops gaining power after several seconds. Just a thought.

EDIT:
And yes I'm sorry I totally spaced on Wario. My bad everyone. I have failed you all. (Gunshot... the sound of a body hitting the ground...)
Awe...and I was just about to forgive you for your inadequacy.:)

blackcat13

Smash Cadet
So yeah.............sheike...........Quite a topic Huh.
Hey whats the chances of roy being in brawl? Anyone?

Depster

Smash Champion
there was a deal about roy maybe 10 pages or so back. Many people want him to be dropped but i dunno i kinda want Ike to be in brawl WITH Marth and Roy, that would be cool

Red Exodus

Smash Master
He'll release info when he feels like it. Sure E3 would be a good time but he isn't rushing the game so when he's ready he'll fill us in.

Depster

Smash Champion
im just so ancy, melee against comps over and over again is too easy, i want to go against really good players via wi-fi

Red Exodus

Smash Master
CPs are too good in certain senses. They grab through Fire foxes, they reflect perfectly, they powershield often. It's no fun at all.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
im just so ancy, melee against comps over and over again is too easy, i want to go against really good players via wi-fi
Go get friends... haha...

And this might be jumping the gun on technology here by at least 50 years or so, but how about the intelligence of your computer opponent raises and learns your tricks. Every nametag's opponents raise their intelligence every time you beat them in battle until they're almost as good as you. That would not only make playing alone more fun (which I can't do anymore, it bores me :p ) and it would make contenders better during tournaments and such.
Yea like I said, about 50 years ahead of the game on that one.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277

And this might be jumping the gun on technology here by at least 50 years or so, but how about the intelligence of your computer opponent raises and learns your tricks. Every nametag's opponents raise their intelligence every time you beat them in battle until they're almost as good as you. That would not only make playing alone more fun (which I can't do anymore, it bores me :p ) and it would make contenders better during tournaments and such.
Definitely ahead, but you maybe if the level of the cpu went up every time you beat them until they are unstoppable and you curl up into a little ball and cry because you broke your wii trying to beat the computer

Depster

Smash Champion

I'm a Smash god compared to my friends...

Sensai

Smash Master
Dyce, that's already been suggested a bunch, but I think that is a little too forward thinking...kinda.

Anyone remember the Soul Caliber II arcades? They had something like this. No, it wasn't great, but it was something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom