• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depster

Smash Champion
....he knows it's not a glitch. He was comparing it's unfairness to that of a glitch.

And Rhyme, why didn't they unveil Yoshi, then?

AND I LIKE SMASH 64 JIGGLY!
thanks

(ya jiggly humans can put up a HUGE fight, specially since b down on 64 for jiggly, didn't it instant KO instead of near KO like on melee?) but she probably was still on of the not-so-best characters, like how pikachu, samus, and link were maybe THE best on the game? (I still KOed them easy with Yoshi rofl)

I just dont get why they introduced kirby from the beginning when yoshi is known by neary everyone, gamer or not

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Maybe because Sakurai created Kirby >_<

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
well im thinking that if they show yoshi next, it will mean they just dont want to give us any more news, and that they are just releasing that stuff to say they are releasing information...however, if they show either a) a new character, or b) a returning current high tier character, then i think that the fox WAS a nod to the competitive scene. if they show any other character, then i dont know what id think. either way, any more characters we find out are in brawl is better. i dont care who they show. ANYONE! JUST SHOW US MORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sensai

Smash Master
Right, Sakurai came up with Kirby. That's why Metaknight was also announced early on.

And by this point, Petre, I'm pretty much willing to accept anything.

Stryks

Smash Hero
That makes 2 of us...

A new character, a new super move, item, stage, event match, or just seeing pit shoot an arrow at wario's @$$, its all good...

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I'd kill for a glimpse at Peach's new model. I can see it; Mario, Link, Kirby and Pikachu are having an intense fight when suddenly a turnip hits Link's forehead ^_^

Rhyme

Smash Lord
remember about the wi-fi connection.
That was a joke. Even with Wi-Fi, Smash strikes me as a strictly 4 person game. Any more and you would have trouble seeing your character, most people stick to 1v1 anyway.

I was just wondering, what's this thread's policy on discussing semi-confirmed characters?
;p You are free to talk about anything you want, quite literally. I think that the mods have forgotten about this topic.

And as for that poll...Wolf seems to be the only sensible Starfox villain while there are plenty of characters who could potentially replace Roy. My vote: Wolf. (I might actually be better with Roy in Melee than Marth. 0.o)

Sensai

Smash Master
You people forget that more then 90% of the people who PLAY this game play it for the chaos. Remember: we're a very small group of competitive players. More then 4 players wouldn't actually be all that terrible of an idea to implement.

And I'm pretty sure they would allow for 5 characters to be in one trailer....well, maybe not; that would send a shockwave through the community.

Anyways, case in ponit: more then four people is a distinct possibility, although it's probably not going to happen.

Depster

Smash Champion
3 ppl comin at u is enough for me lol, i dont think i could win cruel melee with real people instead of wire frames

EDIT: want to say i wont be on here for a week so see you guys later

Rhyme

Smash Lord
You people forget that more then 90% of the people who PLAY this game play it for the chaos. Remember: we're a very small group of competitive players. More then 4 players wouldn't actually be all that terrible of an idea to implement.

Anyways, case in ponit: more then four people is a distinct possibility, although it's probably not going to happen.
I hadn't realized that the competitive smash community made up such a small percentage of the total smashers. There is, however, one reason that I am resistant to the idea of more than 4 people on any stage at the same time:

GAME DETAILS FOR SUPER SMASH BROS. 3

"Published by: Nintendo
Developed by: Nintendo
Genre: Fighting
Number of Players: 1-4
Release Date:
US: TBA 2007
Japan: December 31, 2007
MSRP: $59.99

Features: Online"

That's directly from IGN, which I tend to trust religiously about information. They havn't failed me yet!:) Either way, believe what you want, I'm not telling anyone what must be.

3 ppl comin at u is enough for me lol, i dont think i could win cruel melee with real people instead of wire frames

EDIT: want to say i wont be on here for a week so see you guys later
You could have 6 players with AR, but that was only because the game needed a program to run Cruel Melee, which featured 5 CPUs and 1 Human. I doubt that we will be seeing 6 or 8 player brawls any time soon.

Bon Voyage!!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I hadn't realized that the competitive smash community made up such a small percentage of the total smashers. There is, however, one reason that I am resistant to the idea of more than 4 people on any stage at the same time:

GAME DETAILS FOR SUPER SMASH BROS. 3

"Published by: Nintendo
Developed by: Nintendo
Genre: Fighting
Number of Players: 1-4
Release Date:
US: TBA 2007
Japan: December 31, 2007
MSRP: $59.99

if (checkLocale('uk')){ document.getElementById("MSRP").innerHTML=''; document.getElementById("gameContentRating").style.display = 'none'; document.getElementById("gameContentRatingDesc").style.display = 'none'; } if (checkLocale('au')){ document.getElementById("MSRP").innerHTML=''; document.getElementById("gameContentRating").style.display = 'none'; document.getElementById("gameContentRatingDesc").style.display = 'none'; } if (checkLocale('jp')){ document.getElementById("MSRP").innerHTML=''; } Features: Online"

That's directly from IGN, which I tend to trust religiously about information. They havn't failed me yet!:) Either way, believe what you want, I'm not telling anyone what must be.

You could have 6 players with AR, but that was only because the game needed a program to run Cruel Melee, which featured 5 CPUs and 1 Human. I doubt that we will be seeing 6 or 8 player brawls any time soon.

Bon Voyage!!
If what you say is true, then WE get Brawl before Japan does, is that it?

Are we being guinee pigs (forgot how to spell it right) for all the Wii stuff or what?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, that's IGN, Rhyme; there's nothing to suggest more than 4 players from what we know. The NA and JPN Nintendo sites don't have profile pages for SSBB and it doesn't mention anything on the official site.

The European Nintendo site lists 1-4 players and this list from a conference a few weeks ago lists SSBB (the game on the Wii list with an 'X' on the end) as having an undecided number of players so I dunno. An option for five to eight players would definately seem to be a bigger draw than any gimmicy new modes that could be added for those without access to the online mode.

I dunno...5+ players FFA does sound rather hectic and crazy. :/

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I dunno...5+ players FFA does sound rather hectic and crazy. :/
That is quite hectic, I'd certainly never use that mode.

If what you say is true, then WE get Brawl before Japan does, is that it?

Are we being guinee pigs (forgot how to spell it right) for all the Wii stuff or what?
Guinea pig would be the correct spelling. That check was as much a correction for you as it is a personal enrichment exercise for me, since I didn't know how it was spelt either.

A Brawl release in the US or Europe before Japan is not impossible, I like to think that it will release at the same time everywhere(same day), but anything is possible.

Wrath`

Smash Master
^6players wouldnt,just look at the multi man melles where there is 6.
But then you would have to buy somthing that allowws you to have 6 wiimotes

Stryks

Smash Hero
not really, u can use 4 GC controllers and 2 wiimotes to fight, thats why 8 player is possible, GC controllers + 4 wiimotes/nunchucks = 8 player madness...

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman

yeah its cheap but for Paint its pretty good i geuss.
the new characters going counterclockwise...(in case u cant read the names)
Megaman
Sonic
Paper Mario
Banjo
Viewtiful Joe
Bomberman
Master Chief
Zero
Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Pit
Arthur (from ghosts n goblins)
Captain Olimar
and Crash Bandicoot

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok:
1) we can abrely see the characters and their names
2) not all of the melee characters will return
3) U have a total of 8 3rd party characters... thats BS cause theyre going to be only 3 3rd parties...
4) Wanting master chief in brawl= retardness...

Sensai

Smash Master
Rhyme:

This is going to come hard to you, but it must be said: this is the Internet. Not everything on the Internet is true...sorry. IGN has the date set in Japan based on the assumption that it will, in fact, see release in '07. Thus, setting it as the LAST day is the safest bet. The same, well not exactly but y'know, could be said for the 4 player thing, too. They're just going on a safe bet.

They have some GC game (I'm pretty sure it's that unreleased Kirby game) with a release date set to sometime in 2999, or something crazy like that.

Everyone:

You could get it so that you could have more then 4 people playing with Wii remotes. Notice that there are four lights? You could have more then one light up. For example, 5 has 1 and 4 lit up (1+4) and 6 is 2 and 4...etc. That'll work all the way up to 10 people.

And some people enjoy chaotic. That's why people play Hyrule with Pokeballs on INCREDI-high: they enjoy getting to 400% and watching Fox fly off the stage. I think Mute City with 6 people would be WAY too chaotic, but some people might enjoy that.

And don't even say you wouldn't use it. Imagine having 5 friends over and wanting to play Smash. Do you just have two people sitting out the whole time? No, you allow everyone to play.

And I don't think that it'll happen. Dunno if I've made that clear or not, so there it is. Although it could happen (and should happen), I don't believe it will come to pass.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Id like to welcome n00bs to a place I call reality, makin sure they undertsnad that:

Wolf wont be a fox clone
Dark samus wont be a samus clone
ridley can get in, he can be rezised
Megaman wont be a samus clone
Sheik will probably not return
there ar eonly gonna be 3 3rd parties
master chief will NEVER b in brawl...

and the list goes on and on...

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but smash with 6 people on a stage like Yoshi's Island would be out of the question. OMG, the chaos, it makes me sick just thinking about it, and don't get me started with the lag issue as in the infamous Fountain of Dreams. I've already ran into lag in DBZ on the Wii, and I for one will be pissed if it rears it's ugly little "slow" head in Brawl.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Id like to welcome n00bs to a place I call reality, makin sure they undertsnad that:

Wolf wont be a fox clone-------------------------Approved!
Dark samus wont be a samus clone-------------Approved!
ridley can get in, he can be rezised--------------Approved!
Megaman wont be a samus clone---------------Approved!
Sheik will probably not return-------------------OH GOD NO! NEVER!!!:mad: **Bangs head against keyboard**
there ar eonly gonna be 3 3rd parties----------Approved!
master chief will NEVER b in brawl...-------------Approved!

and the list goes on and on...
Why do you people hate Sheik so much? So what if she's broken, Kirby and Yoshi were broken in SSB64! So what if she only appeared in 1 game, **cough cough NESS & Pit cough cough**

Stryks

Smash Hero
Its not that i have a porblem with her, but seeing how she laced a role in TP, theres no reason for her to stay...

Let me explain, U c, like link, both ganondorf and zelda will probably have their look based on TP, and also zelda may get a new moveset, prumary the B moves, she has now used the light arrows in 2 zelda games, something that seems will continue, and thus should be represented in brawl, ganon will probably have the sword of sages from TP, thus:

Ganon with sword = new moveset

But thats not the point, u c if once zelda has the TP look, she'll become TP zelda, and since TP zelda doesnt transform into Sheik in TP. why would she in brawl, seriously, it would be like Link keeping the hookshot instead of the clawshot, link getting ice arrows in brawl (something he doesnt have in TP), and so on... not to mention zelda transforming into her alter ego from 100 years ago seems pointless...

Yes sheik is godly in melee, take notice sheik is not an important character in the zelda series, shes just an alter ego of zelda, that seems will never return in LoZ games, why? the point of havin shiek in OoT was to hide zeldas true identty, if shiek were to return, what the point? we know who she really is... so she will probably never to return, keepin shek in brawl is like keeping ganondorfs clone moveset instead of using his new look and his primary weapon to make him unique...

Sheik is pretty much gone, not to mention zamus seems like her replacement, cmon she pretty much has the same moves (yes 3 moves where shown, still they seem way too similair), other characters like WW link, midna and zant deserve the shot, WW link can be quite unique, and seeing how many are saying that Ylink is the true link, havin WW link wont matter, midna is a very important character, at least in TP, havinga bigger role than ganondorf and zelda, and zant, hes the 1st major boss in a home console LoZ game apart from ganondorf/ganon to appear, not to mention he may return in future zelda games (ill explain that l8r if I have to...)...

Point has been made... sheik is pretty much gone...

also master shiek pit appeared in 2 games: Kid icarus and kid icarus: myths and monsters (think that was the name)
and ness I believe he apepared in mother 1 & 2, im not sure tough...

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
^^^Not that I disagree with your point, but Ness and Pit were both the main protaganists in there games. And I believe there were a few mother games released in Japan.
This is true, but Sheik is SHEIK because of Smash, certainly not because of Oot! On top of that, she has such a huge fanbase as compared to someone like Pichu, lol. Nevertheless, I will trust Sakurai to do what is best for the world of smash, if that mean Sheik gets “Ze Boot” then out she must go, (BUT SOMEONE BETTER PLAY LIKE HER....I’m looking at you Zero-Suite Samus!)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Banning characters from tournaments is ********, only scrub tournaments do it.

And Shiek is not 'too good' either. Yes she's easy to pick up and play but she's difficiult to master, not unlike most characters. She's probably gone for the reasons Stryks stated, at first I didn't want to agree but he's right so it would be foolish of me to go against it [much like how tha guy keeps going on about YL].

Sensai

Smash Master
Who the HELL said Yoshi was broken in 64? You get a cookie for making me laugh so hard (you're joking, right?).

I'm sorry Stryks, but it's you who needs to wake up to reality in two points, which are that Wolf and Dark Samus could very VERY easily be cloned. I'm not saying they will be, but it's not a very far fetched idea, and you, me, and his grandma all know it.

Does that count as one or two? Either way, another problem: there's a chance that Sheik will return (although doubtful). The main school of thought for this theory is that Sheik has attracted so much attention in Smash that she wouldn't be thrown out sheerly due to the fact that she's popular in Melee.

Red Exodus, I play Ganon; that means Sheik is too good, haha.

And I'm kinda worried about Metaknight...he honest to god looks scary. I fear that this game might see the first 'universally banned' character, and it might just be him. Thoughts?

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
well i dont think he would be banned, he doesnt look as good as everyone is saying...maybe its just for the flashiness of the trailers. however, if he is that fast and rapid attacking, its probably going to come at a price. aka, very light, and weak attacks. its proabably going to take a good 20 attacks to get someone into KOing range with him. and he would probably die at very low percents. remember, mewtwo could have been heavy, but wasnt because he 'floated'. combine that with meta knights size, and you have a very light-weight character (a.k.a. ko'ed at 60-80% off the top/side barriers). so i wouldnt worry too much.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hey I know the chances of wolf and dark samus becoming clones are some what high, still remember all the clones in melee were made clones due to lack of time, they were running out of time and thus they didnt have time to make a unique moveset for all the other characters...

Its not the case here, sakurai has had over a year now to make the game, and has all '07 to complete the game, yes theres a chance, but due to the fact that sakurai has way more time developing this game than he had with melee, I believe every character will turn out unique...

Sensai

Smash Master
It's cool Stryks. I figured you realized the possibilities of them being clones, just wanted to bring that to other's attention. And do you have a link about that whole 'clone' thing and running out of time? I knew it happened for Ganon, but I had no idea 'bout the others.

And it definitely looks to me like Metaknight's going to be brok-ed. Sure, he'll be light. Probably like Kirby. And he'll probably be weaker. But we've already seen he's dayamn fast, and looks like he can get multiple hits in in a very small amount of time. Combine that with the fact that he might have a spike (as can be seen by him doing a Dair in a trailer that looks EXACTLY like Marth's), and you might have a flying Marth.

Given, since he'll be weak, he'll have no knockback. Probably lots of CC on him will break him.

Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom