• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Gamerkid789, yes Metaknight will pwn, and for multiple reasons. Sakurai is creator of the Kirby series, plus his Marth-esque moveset and multiple jumps grant him a huge advantage when it comes to circum-level comboing. Does anyone besides me think that Metaknight will have too much of an advantage, to the point where it is unfair?
I have the slightest feeling...there gonna give him foxes exact weight, along with the fast falling but 5 jumps (broken) and links reach....(broken) = metaknight top tier no games...

Sheek

Smash Apprentice
The original 12 would have to be semi-confirmed. Well, you know, other than the ones that are already fully confirmed.

Oh, and you can't say Metaknight will be top tier just by the trailer or production facts. You have to play the game. Mario is the grandfather of Nintendo right? So one could assume that they would make him top tier. Also, just because he looks fast in the vid, doesn't mean he will be. If you show a newb a combo vid of just about anyone, I'm pretty sure they will instnatly assume that that character is good.

Buddha Fett

Smash Cadet
I'm worried about what little I've seen for this game. They haven't shown us much of anything as of yet, MetaKnight looks terribly broken, and I won't be able to afford it at launch. Truly a sad day for me.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Oh, and you can't say Metaknight will be top tier just by the trailer or production facts. You have to play the game. Mario is the grandfather of Nintendo right? So one could assume that they would make him top tier. Also, just because he looks fast in the vid, doesn't mean he will be. If you show a newb a combo vid of just about anyone, I'm pretty sure they will instnatly assume that that character is good.
^^^ I like this guy...good stuff never really thought about it that way.

sin360

Smash Rookie
Metaknight

MEtaknight seems ok to me ut in the trailer vid it showed metaknight after each jump he goes down a little so that could completly mess up sombody comboing when they try to jump. on the side any1 have ideas for hes special moves?

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'm worried about what little I've seen for this game. They haven't shown us much of anything as of yet, MetaKnight looks terribly broken, and I won't be able to afford it at launch. Truly a sad day for me.
Brawl probably won't come out for another year, so you gots lots of time to save up some cash.

Also, MK might even be getting Kirby's weight, so don't cry "Borken" yet.

GAMERCUS

Smash Cadet
Snake's move set

Snake's move set might be the B button for the M9 (gun that put you to sleep) and he might use a cigir as a taunt!

Nazi Ninja

Smash Rookie
ya, y isnt sonic in the semi-confermed? am i the only one that read either game informer or electronic gaming monthly, one of the two i dont remember right know. there a little section on the big game predictions. there was super smash bros brawl with a pic of sonic over it in the same caption area. sonic was holding a wii-mote and it said, "wii-mote new weapon of choice?" ill get the accuall caption in a little bit. anybody else know what im talking about?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
ya, y isnt sonic in the semi-confermed? am i the only one that read either game informer or electronic gaming monthly, one of the two i dont remember right know. there a little section on the big game predictions. there was super smash bros brawl with a pic of sonic over it in the same caption area. sonic was holding a wii-mote and it said, "wii-mote new weapon of choice?" ill get the accuall caption in a little bit. anybody else know what im talking about?
I think they are simply talking about the fact that Sonic gets a new game for the Wii, not his involvement in brawl. However, there would be riots in the streets if Sonic was not in brawl, so don't worry much.

Sorry for my n00bishness but, what does "Broken" mean?

some random freak

Smash Journeyman
we know there is a likleyhood that sonic will make it to brawl but we still don't know if there is a second sega character. most people(sonic fans) want either shadow, knuckles or tails to make it which is a shame because i want chaos zero for brawl. he fits perfectly as he has many attacks,(exentable arms,throw his own hand and a range of water attacks) and would go at an average speed. his brawl move could be a tidal wave.
this is extremally unlikely to happen but oh well:ohwell:

gamerkid789

Smash Cadet
sonic is not going to be in brawl but his games are. plus the only way to make this game good is to take out fox,shiek,marth,falco,and jiggly they are all broken and make the game boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
sonic is not going to be in brawl but his games are. plus the only way to make this game good is to take out fox,shiek,marth,falco,and jiggly they are all broken and make the game boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
So, you suggest that we take out basically every good character to make it fair for the others? Why would you want that? There are plenty of people out there who play low tier characters and win tournys, plus those characters are so much fun to be. It's not like it matters anyway, Fox will more than likely be nerfed in brawl, along with Marth, Falco, and Shiek(if she makes the game). No grudge here, I just don't see Shiek as a major character in the Zelda series. Jiggs will stay the same, she was decent in both 64 and melee, so the balancing act of her fighting ability is almost complete.

Nazi Ninja

Smash Rookie
okay, i got the caption right in front of me, it the Electronic Gaming Monthly, issue #209, Pg. 70. The title of this page is. "THE BIG ONES" and its got the most atisipated games on there like mgs4 guns of the patriots, The legend of zelda twilight princess, FFXIII, Halo 3, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. those are the only games on the page. now, theres a pic of sonic holding a wii-mote and it says, "is this sonics new weapon of choice?" right under the pic of sonic (the pic and this caption is even outlined with a black line so i know they go together) it shows,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I * (pic of sonic) I
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Super Smash Bros. Brawl I
I Wii - Nintendo - Fall 2007 I
I Mario versus Sonic--it's the matchup we've all been asking for. And apparently, so has I
I the legendary game designer Shigeru Miyamoto. During a recent interview, the man I
I behind Mario, Zelda, and several other Nintendo classics said that Sega's hedgehog I
I would be the perfect addition to Brawl's cast. Now use your power and make it happen, I
I Shiggy. I
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so how about we put sonic in the semi- confermed?

Zink

Smash Champion
He still has nothing to do with the game... I suppose he can advise, but Smashlabs is second party, he's not even involved with it.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
He still has nothing to do with the game... I suppose he can advise, but Smashlabs is second party, he's not even involved with it.
What did Yoshi have to do with the game? What did Falcon have to do with the game? What did Dr. Mario have to do with the game? None of those characters had ever been in a fighting game in the past, yet two of them made it into the N64 version and all three made it into melee. You can't say that a character has nothing to do with the game because that is not a requirement. The character simply has to be popular, interesting, and fun, thats it. Sonic is all three of those things, and therefore he should and most likely will be in brawl.

AS Juggernaut

Smash Journeyman
I read something that said that they want sonic to be in brawl, but they just needed to get permission.

Also, rather than just as a shield, wat if snake used the box to counter moves? Like marth's down b counter in ssbm. Cause if u read earlier in the pages, the box is relative to snake cause u could hide under it after killing sum1, then when sum1 lifted it up u could pop them in the face with a gun.

kerploplesteesh

Smash Journeyman
I really hope sheik and fox don't get powered down too much. They are my two mains and i don't know what i'd do without and incredibly fast woodland creature that is able to shine you to death.

Nazi Ninja

Smash Rookie
even if miyamoto doesnt have anything to do with the game, hes obviously got some conections. hes behind mario and zelda so hes got to have some say. if he wants it (and pretty much everyone) in the world wants sonic to be in it (i want tails to for a cool double team) so im pretty sure hes gonna be in it. so if theres not enough proof that sonic is gonna be in it to be semi-confermed, y even have that catagory?

icymatt

Smash Lord
Sonic would be semi-confirmed if Sakurai said 'We are actively trying to get Sonic in the game, but he's not in yet.'

icymatt

Smash Lord
Snake started on the MSX.

The rule is that 3rd party characters won't appear unless they STARRED IN A GAME ON NINTENDO CONSOLE, and it doesn't have to be their first game, either.

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
I hope they make Fox (yes I know he's not confirmed but you know he'll be in it) look like the Assault version instead of the 64/Command version. He looked way more mature and it'd be helpful seeing how they're using the Link from TP.

Legend :luigi:

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they'll change any of the moves from the returning characters?

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
yo I think they should add south park characters and have grudge matches like if Cartman was in the game he would have a grudge against Wario. I think that would be amazing!!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
yo I think they should add south park characters and have grudge matches like if Cartman was in the game he would have a grudge against Wario. I think that would be amazing!!
Um...how about they don't add South Park characters.

its almost garunteed that returning players will have some different moves
In fact, it would be odd if every character didn't get at least one new attack. Everyone returning from N64 to melee did.

I wonder if they'll change any of the moves from the returning characters?
Lets hope so, I can't stand to play Falcon in the N64 version anymore, what without his splended shinning knee of justice.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why they would put Zero Suit Samus in Brawl, she doesn't belong there at all. Sheikish with a sword? that's gonna be scary. But the main reason she shouldn't be there is that she's not that significant in Metroid.

SA-X or Dark Samus would be much better :)

I'm actually looking forward to Snake. The fact that we have trouble coming up with a likely moveset for him is a good sign towards originality. Smash needs that (down with clones!)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Maybe Zamus is taking the spot for Sheik hinting that Zelda will either have a different transformation or none at all.

The similarities between Sheik and Zamus are crazy.

1. They are both fast characters with light weight (Zamus's stats are explained on the official website).
2. They both use whips.
3. They are both female and even wear similar looking suits.
4. Zamus might even be able to use her emergency pistol to fire like the needles (this is just pure speculation)
5. They both are versions of another character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom