• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-major

Smash Champion
When you alternate costumes do they fully change? For example: if you change Wario's costume would you be able to switch to the original one?
don't know if they would do that, but it would be a good idea. a lot of people remember Wario being in his original get up (like most of my friends), so giving them the option of playing as the version of Wario they remember most would be a plus.

as for your "who's faster; Metaknight or Pit?" question, I would have to go with them being about equal running speed (since Metaknight glides along the ground for his run, insted of useing his feet [on a side note, I think his mid-air glide might be an air dash]), with Pit being a little faster. in terms of attack speed, I would say Metaknight for obvious reasons, but weaker then Pits attacks.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Ok I'm lost, I don't know where I was but I missed a lot of pages so I'll just wait till a few replies come in until I get back into the convo.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
Maybe some of the clones and least popular characters might not come back, but I hope they do, since the game would be better that way. I like to see people's opinions on each character. If they like Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo, good for them. But the origional super smash bros characters have to come back, since they are pretty much Nintendo's most well known characters, at least the Mario Bros characters are.

TheHandz

Smash Rookie
They better bring back the Jigz, and CFalc - idk what i would do without the wall of pain and thaKNEE! :laugh:

T-major

Smash Champion
This isn't "who should return" thread.
As for the Metaknight having a air dash, maybe it's a Side B?
it's not a side B, because that would make him glide along the ground if used on the ground. and the ground glide is his run (he does a run attack out of it near the end of the second video). the side B is most likely that rapid slash. if anything, the glide is an up B or an air dash.

Out of the officially confirmed characters who would you main and who would you second?

I would main Fox and second Link/Pit
Metaknight and Wario (they should have been in Melee). Snake looks interesting too, I'll defenatly be trying him out. Zamus dosn't interest me. Pit does seem interesting, I just don't like him.

Sensai

Smash Master
Metaknight. Probably won't need a secondary if he comes out as bad arse as he looks.

But Link, for th hell of it.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I choose not to conform to answering the question presented. With 250% more characters still to be confirmed, why bother now?

I have been giving thought to the concern of the quick-dodges that Metaknight and Pit appear to have. We thought that origionally the roll speed was being increased for Brawl, I am here to enlighten you.

Have you ever taken the test where you are to count all of the "f's" in one short paragraph, and your brain skips over the "f" in of so you will come up short? Same deal here. We were already shown two rolls in Brawl that were normal speed, yet neither were noticed by general audiences. The first was at the end of the first trailer we were shown, when Mario rolls to dodge Kirby's downB, the second in the NWT right before Snake uses his RPG.

My solution, this manuver is a new type of counter. Rather than attacking back like Roy/Marth, this counter works differently. Like in Dragonball, when one character attacks and the other automatically teleports behind him, but doesn't attack. From there, you can decide what attack you wish to do while your opponent finishes the lag from their attack. Pit chooses ftilt/utilt and Metaknight chooses to grab.

Note that the above statement is based on my opinion and observation. But to me, it makes more sense than anything else said about the quick-dodge.

Sensai

Smash Master
Rhyme, that's an excellent thought. Perhaps what they're using to replace WDing?

And Ac, I doubt Snake's box is an item, although it would make sense. I mean, what would be the point?

Ac35Full701

Smash Apprentice
Sensai, yea it was just a thought..but what's the point of most items? To add a sense of fun to a more relaxed game. Make some interesting situations that couldn't happen without them. I'm sure it could be a well-made item that you can just hide under as any character. Maybe a limited time under it, or damage taken.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Maybe Snake's box is an item? I risk criticism by guessing that, but either way you look at it I don't like the whole idea. It's a box.
My topic changed very quickly, but such is to be expected if revisiting a topic. Especially when the masses were already satisfied with the previous conclusion.

As for the box, I hadn't given that much thought at all. I was tempted to say that it would be his shield, but how quickly could you don a cardboard box? Even in a video game, a couple frames is pushing it. It could always be an attack like Peach's Toad, which takes some startup lag, then allows her to attack enemies that attack her. Snake would pop out of the box as soon as it was touched and counterattack with a jab, kick, etc.

Perhaps it relates to these Super Smashes we have been introduced to? The box being an item would be cool too but one might sometimes wonder, "Why does EFing Kirby get a box?"

I never played MGS so, whatever Nintendo decides to do with it, I won't complain or care.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
The box is probably a down-b or something like that, but I personally would have not a clue as to how the thing would work or what it'd even do. I'm a big fan of the MGS series... but to be honest, I really don't think Snake has that much potential as a Smash character.

T-major

Smash Champion
My topic changed very quickly, but such is to be expected if revisiting a topic. Especially when the masses were already satisfied with the previous conclusion.

yes it did change fast, but I would still like to relpy. in fact, I'm surprised no one has brought this up yet... but did anybody besides me think that the dodge that MK and Pit do isn't something new? and that there nothing more then there versions of a regular dodge roll, that coincidentaly just happens to be fast and not an acual roll? I find it pretty silly that people are talking about "counters" and "WD replacment" after seeing them..

I never played MGS so, whatever Nintendo decides to do with it, I won't complain or care.
BY GOD WOMAN!!! D: (just found out that your acualy a girl) first Zelda and now this!?!? PLAY IT NOW!!11!!1!!1!!!!1!eleven1

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah...Rhyme's a chick. Dudette. Whatever she wants to be called, she's from the sex that can actually look good and get me all steamy.

Err-anyways...you should seriously go play MGS. It's really good, and REALLY short. You'd be doing yourself a huge favor. Go play. And T, I think she had played Zelda before. That was someone else.

T-Major, I find it hard to believe that the game would be so un-balanced as to give Metaknight and Pit super quick rolls. It's just a bad idea, one that I doubt the Smash Team will make.

Devastlian: Interesting, but what's the point?

Ipslne: You bring up a good point. If you had told me a week before Snake was revealed (or a week after....), I would've refused to believe he was in Brawl. Does he really have merit? IMO, it's up to the developers. If C Falcon made it, then Snake can too...it's just up to them.

T-major

Smash Champion
Err-anyways...you should seriously go play MGS. It's really good, and REALLY short. You'd be doing yourself a huge favor. Go play. And T, I think she had played Zelda before. That was someone else.

T-Major, I find it hard to believe that the game would be so un-balanced as to give Metaknight and Pit super quick rolls. It's just a bad idea, one that I doubt the Smash Team will make.
I'm pretty sure it was Rhyme that had never played Zelda, or rather, a Zelda that she liked.... oh well, she hasn't played MGS, which is just a bad.

and I don't see why you think it would be unbalenced... it would be the same as everyone else only a bit faster... you can think what you wan't, but I'm going to stick to beliveing something that I find to be quite obvious...

Sensai

Smash Master
Ipslne, it's only us desperate men who do this. (I'm joking, BTW)

And T-Major, by allowing certain characters to roll faster, it means that they have better ability to space and the ability to move quicker then a lot of characters. Look at C. Falcon. He doesn't really need the WD because his roll is good. Thus, these fast movements seem to be the replacement for WD, IMO.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Hey speak for yourself. I'm not kidding when I say I'm desperate ;p

edit: And to be a bit more on topic, I really hope that this "quick roll" isn't their replacement for the wavedash. The fact that wavedashing needs at least a little technical skill to pull off weeds out many people who just refuse to learn (and by that, usually refrain from most advanced tech).

Also, if wavedashing is taken out, think about what wavedashing IS. How you do it and whatnot. This would mean they'd probably fix the waveslide, which I hope they don't do by taking away L-Canceling (which I'm almost positive was programmed into the game). They could also remove the idea of fast-falling, to prevent ****** the physics.

So a quick-roll as a replacement? I hope not. And in my own opinion, I still think those were normal rolls. Those characters can just preform them quickly. They arne't much faster... and if you think about it, Pit and MK seem to have fast but weak attacks. Therefore it would make more sense if their recovery from their roll were short as well... to make up for their lack of strength.

Get ready for unbalanced characters guys ;p

JHoLLa

Smash Journeyman
they cant take wave dashing out without taking wavelanding out and i doubt that will happen. they will probably just make it easier to do.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
remember, wavedashing and wavelanding was unintentional. Not to mention, as far as they're concerned it doesn't even exist. Yeah... they know it's there. But considering no official has ever said anything about it, I would bet that they wouldn't do a think related to wavedashing, whether it be changing the physics so it can't happen or to make it easier. If they change the physics and you can't wavedash anymore, I wouldn't be surprised if it were for totally unrelated reasons.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think L-cancelling will be removed, mainly because it was in since SSB64. I don't know what the deal with WDing is so I can't say anything about it.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Ideas such as WDing and wavelanding were too abstract for the developers to forsee. They were smart enough, however, to include L-cancelling. This technical skill in Smash 64 was one of the only real dividers between amature and pro players, and Nintendo knew this. Why would they remotly consider removing this defining characteristic?

As for WDing and wavelanding, so far as I can tell from the trailers, they will both continue to exist. Aside from the moderately slower ariel speed, the physics of the game appeared relatively unchanged. Also consider that Nintendo did not forsee WDing and wavelanding(as previously stated by other users). If they didn't intentionally add these things and the game's physics appear to be the same, my best bet would be that there will still be WDing and wavelanding.

Of course, we all know developers play more video games then they design, it is quite possible that they have already discovered this 'exploitation' of game physics and just don't give a darn.

That was me that had never successfully played a Zelda game T (I like Sensai's nickname:chuckle:) I will add MGS and TP to my list of games that I must play. By the way, what is so mind-numbingly special about the GCN version anywho?

EDIT: If guys around these parts are so desperate, a girl would practically have her pick.:laugh:

Sensai

Smash Master
Saying something was in in 64 and going on that alone is kinda...I dunno, misleading. But to be fair, it does seem that L-Cancelling will stay, as it was tweaked in Melee and left in.

And I'm really starting to believe that Brawl might see the first banned from tourney's character.

[Edit:]

Dammit Rhyme...

It does look like (right now) that WD will make a triumphant return, which is a good thing.

And I doubt, Rhyme, a girl would want a 'pick' around these parts...I mean, I've seen Red Exodus. He's a beast.

(<3 Exodus, just joking)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Saying something was in in 64 and going on that alone is kinda...I dunno, misleading. But to be fair, it does seem that L-Cancelling will stay, as it was tweaked in Melee and left in.

And I'm really starting to believe that Brawl might see the first banned from tourney's character.

[Edit:]

Dammit Rhyme...

It does look like (right now) that WD will make a triumphant return, which is a good thing.

And I doubt, Rhyme, a girl would want a 'pick' around these parts...I mean, I've seen Red Exodus. He's a beast.

(<3 Exodus, just joking)
Hence the jp...Just Playin'...does everyone here live in the room with their computer hookup nowadays? Lol, that was a joke too. Man I suck at online sarcaism. :ohwell:

Who would be the first banned character great, wise, all-knowing lord of the cosmos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom