• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Holy... check it out, Scav updated the confirmed character list!

Thank you to the 100 people pming me that Fox is confirmed and Yoshi is semi confirmed. Sheesh :p

A reminder to everyone: If you're sig is bigger than your post, don't put your sig in your post. If you're posting a one liner response (which hopefully you aren't) then turn it off.

jankons

Smash Rookie
i dont rely care how long it takes uno i dont care if its three years from now I want all melee characters and more. Though the 1 player was kinda small it was only three modes What im looking forward to is atleast 5 1-player game modes. For melee the internet capability went to waste(yes gamecube had online gameplay fer 1 game only lol(some rpg stuff)). They coulda made melee online I think that went to waste But now that nintendos being rely loud about online capability ssbb HAS TO NO MATTER WHAT BE ONLINE. if its not im not buying it im just renting it for a weekand thats gona be all.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Holy... check it out, Scav updated the confirmed character list!

Thank you to the 100 people pming me that Fox is confirmed and Yoshi is semi confirmed. Sheesh :p

A reminder to everyone: If you're sig is bigger than your post, don't put your sig in your post. If you're posting a one liner response (which hopefully you aren't) then turn it off.
Did you know that Yoshi is semi-confirmed?!?:chuckle:

And what's the deal with you haten' on one liners? Sometimes those are the smart people who can say what they need to say without wasting everyone's time. I had to think of lots of random crap to fill this post, when all I wanted to say was the first sentence. By the way, what about people like me with long sigs?

On a more topic-related note, what of ZSS' gun? We have seen her do plenty of physical attacks, but so far no shots and no lazer-whip. What might the settup be? Smash attacks down and up use whip, then gun is a short range blast? Or special attacks use the gun more prominently? Or maybe all gun functions will be reserved as special moves, and her A attacks will be physical.

Just wanted to get some opinions because, as of now, I can't imagine what the whip might possibly be used for, or how it relates to smash. I mean sure she could whip people with it, or do some fancy jump-rope move where she swings it under her feet hiting on both sides, but will anything origional actually come into play?

Sensai

Smash Master
/gasp

Scav, you're a cool guy. Seriously. /bow/ I enjoy how the post after you mentioned those one-liners, someone posted one line. Ah, good times.

I'm back from North Carolina, BTW. Y'know...if anyone even noticed I was gone.

Rhyme, that idea about customization is really cool and pretty well thought out. Like someone else pointed out, though, it would be a hassel (hassle?) to do that everytime you went to a tourney. Which I why I will point this out:

It could be done online.

Now now, before you flip out, it could be done online. Wii's are always online. Perhaps Nintendo could make it so that you register your tag (good idea, especially if there's any type of lobby/ranking system/communication/anything). Then, you could just save certain things to your tag (profile, if you may).

Rhyme: you, nor anyone here including me, have any idea how Metaknight will be. Based on what I've seen so far, though, if he's given any type of spike at all, it's just gonna be Kirby from 64 again.

Boom! Points for Sensai!

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'm guessing all of ZSS' gun functions will be specials. The gun itself stuns at full charge, so there's your B attack. She could use her whip to deflect projectiles, among other things.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I'm guessing all of ZSS' gun functions will be specials. The gun itself stuns at full charge, so there's your B attack. She could use her whip to deflect projectiles, among other things.
Interesting...

/gasp

Scav, you're a cool guy. Seriously. /bow/ I enjoy how the post after you mentioned those one-liners, someone posted one line. Ah, good times.

I'm back from North Carolina, BTW. Y'know...if anyone even noticed I was gone.
What? Sensai was gone?!?:laugh:

Rhyme, that idea about customization is really cool and pretty well thought out. Like someone else pointed out, though, it would be a hassel (hassle?) to do that everytime you went to a tourney. Which I why I will point this out:

It could be done online.

Now now, before you flip out, it could be done online. Wii's are always online. Perhaps Nintendo could make it so that you register your tag (good idea, especially if there's any type of lobby/ranking system/communication/anything). Then, you could just save certain things to your tag (profile, if you may).

Rhyme: you, nor anyone here including me, have any idea how Metaknight will be. Based on what I've seen so far, though, if he's given any type of spike at all, it's just gonna be Kirby from 64 again.

Boom! Points for Sensai!
Are you referring to the comment I made waaay back when about characters, including Metaknight, having quick-meteors again like in Smash 64? I thought we already got over that discussion.

Only problem about registering tags online is that you couldn't ever have the same tag as another person, which would suck major balls if yours was taken already. Saving it to a profile or even a cube memorycard and toting it around with you would work though.

You don't get points...they removed repping while you were away, because you apperantly left.

Sensai

Smash Master
These are like brownie-points. They're non-abuseable.

And what I was saying about Metaknight was not in reference to you and your quick-spikes (I didn't even read that, actually). A few pages back you were talking about how Metaknight would be balanced, and I just commented on the fact that him having a spike might make him a little overpowered.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Next they'll remove post-count so we wont know who's new... so I wont be able to b**** when someone says the same thing the other n00b did on the previous page ;p

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
God I haven't posted anything in the Brawl Character Room in ages. I suppose I should get in on the conversation. After 140 pages I suppose you guys are talking about the most insignificant details though huh? So what are we talking about?

Drewz

Smash Cadet
Kinda surprised Luigi hasn't been announced, starting to get paranoid :(. Bah, I'm sure he'll be in there.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Agree with Ipslne, has to be dsmash, at first I tought i could be downB, but what good would it do as a downB if its just shoots at the ground, so yeah Dsmash FTW...

T-major

Smash Champion
Agree with Ipslne, has to be dsmash, at first I tought i could be downB, but what good would it do as a downB if its just shoots at the ground, so yeah Dsmash FTW...
Dsmash seems to be the most reasonable, if it's only fired at the ground. it could be a forward B that you can aim, but a Dsmash seems more reasonable.

and this has been brought up a lot, but what could Snakes up B move be?.... Box warp?

Stryks

Smash Hero
I believe its the kick he does to link after they show the punch, punch kick combos on the second trailer, i gotta sya that, in the air he raises and does the kick, in the ground he just does the kick, no rise...

T-major

Smash Champion
I believe its the kick he does to link after they show the punch, punch kick combos on the second trailer, i gotta sya that, in the air he raises and does the kick, in the ground he just does the kick, no rise...
seems reasonable. I was thinking more along the lines an Fair, but an Up B could work too. although it does seem a little boring to me... then agian, what else is there to work with?

also, the Box would more then likey be a down B. you would be able to move while useing it, and be invulnerable to damage. but you can't attack while useing it, and it has big lag after it to even things out.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
seems reasonable. I was thinking more along the lines an Fair, but an Up B could work too. although it does seem a little boring to me... then agian, what else is there to work with?

also, the Box would more then likey be a down B. you would be able to move while useing it, and be invulnerable to damage. but you can't attack while useing it, and it has big lag after it to even things out.
Or maybe it only lasts so long like Kirby's Down B and he is still capapble of being grabbed.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah, when I found out that he was gonna use box I imagined he was gonna use it as kirbys rock form, or maybe just as a shield... meh we got less than a year to figure it out...

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah, when I found out that he was gonna use box I imagined he was gonna use it as kirbys rock form, or maybe just as a shield... meh we got less than a year to figure it out...
I don't think it will be his shield. if you look at the screen shot with the Nintendog in front, you can see his box on the stage. it looks like it kind of in the back ground, and not in the main... path, as every one else. I think it will be a tanuki suit Mario statue type deal. where people cant hit you, and just walk past you. only you'll be able to move (slowly) while useing it.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I don't think it will be his shield. if you look at the screen shot with the Nintendog in front, you can see his box on the stage. it looks like it kind of in the back ground, and not in the main... path, as every one else. I think it will be a tanuki suit Mario statue type deal. where people cant hit you, and just walk past you. only you'll be able to move (slowly) while useing it.
You have to keep in mind that the first trailer is almost (or enitirely) cinematic. If you watch the second trailer, the box is no longer on that stage and the second trailer consisted mainly of in-game footage.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
up-b could just be rediculous rocket launcher to the ground. when in the air this somehow propells him up? <_< actually i have no idea. don't know why i tried... lol.

T-major

Smash Champion
You have to keep in mind that the first trailer is almost (or enitirely) cinematic. If you watch the second trailer, the box is no longer on that stage and the second trailer consisted mainly of in-game footage.
the part with the dog in the first trailer was gameplay footage, and it showed Snakes box with everybody else fighting around it. that means it's in the game. the fact that it wasn't in the second trailer was probably because there wasn't much Snake footage, or because they already showed it in the first video and wanted to put in some new stuff.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I believe it with the bg, I say that if indeed snake is a hidden character, the box will stay there, as if he were spying, after all hes on the reconissance mission (spell right?), and until u unlock him the box will disappear, again this is IMO...

T-major

Smash Champion
I believe it with the bg, I say that if indeed snake is a hidden character, the box will stay there, as if he were spying, after all hes on the reconissance mission (spell right?), and until u unlock him the box will disappear, again this is IMO...
... thats a silly asumtion... why would Snake's box be part of a stage background that has nothing to do with him? (thats what you mean by 'bg' right). I can say wihout a dought that thats wrong, because we've seen the stage the without the box.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
the box should be like an impervious shield but he could still be grab. As for upb the kick, i guess theres nothing else seems like a lame comeback like roy's.

Sensai

Smash Master
I assumed that the box was either Snake's shield or his Down B. Either one, I'm happy with.

The rocket-launcher, however, is a little more intriguing. It could be his Down B, his Forward B, his D smash, or his D tilt. Of these, it's probably not the Forward B, nor his Down B. I would guess that it is his D tilt, exactly like Samus's (not being his D Smash, like Mew2's).

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Dammit, quit hopping from character to character. It's getting me all confuzzled and I'm a wee bit light headed from the hooka bar that just opened up near by. I can't coherently reply to all of this at once (not that my ramblings have been that important anyways xD )

Sensai

Smash Master
If anything, Wario seems closer to Bowser then to the Mario Bros.

I wonder if Waluigi gets in if he'll be a faster clone or Wario, a clone of Luigi, a near clone of Wario, or a completely independant person...

Not a clone of Luigi, as that wouldn't make sense (Wario's not a clone of Mario, thus Waluigi isn't a clone of Luigi). But, it could still happen...

Sorry, just talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom