• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
Woah? People were talking about me!? hahahah! sweet. And Daring? haha! And you saw that Thread? Wow, what a small world.

Sensai

Smash Master
GSF....calm down, take a few deep breaths.

Bad rep doesn't do anything, but if it really bothers you, I'll +rep you to make it equal out (and probably give you a little rep, to boot).

While this isn't the harshest forum in regards to new people, it's not the nicest, either. Keeping that in mind, that's why there's an 'edit' button in your box where you posted. Use it to avoid double posting (or in your case, triple posting), and everyone will like you a lot more.

<3

[Edit:]

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2013691#post2013691

Read that. It was created today, in honor of you joining the forums.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
Hey redexodus, have u seen your banner lately? cuz I was looking at it and it shows pit with the arrow thingy and these rings in the center. Do u think the rings might serve him more of a purpose?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, the rings are around his arrow when he is aiming his bow in that cutscene and on his wrist/forearm during when he's fighting sword/swallow style in the second trailer so my guess would be that they're the source of his magic arrows.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Hey redexodus, have u seen your banner lately? cuz I was looking at it and it shows pit with the arrow thingy and these rings in the center. Do u think the rings might serve him more of a purpose?
Maybe more rings appear if he charges up or something. Or it could be what the other guy said.

Sensai

Smash Master
You know it could be just cosmetic, believe it or not...

Metaknight has little claw things on his wings, but it's not like it's some new attack no one's mentioned before.

But, then again, it could be something new.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
You didn't see the flying cars? The aliens brought them. They were summoned seven years ago, by the Y2k bug. They brought Elvis and the apocalypse with them, proving that all government is evil and time travel is possible. Where have you been?

Happy New year, all.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I love it when people devote an entire post to telling people to get back on topic. Its so on topic of them. :p

I don't see why everyone is so pessimistic about 2007. I liked 2006 through about august or so. And what's the worst that can happen? Besides the end of the world.

On a side note, I hope everyone here has a good January. In a few hours, I'll be leaving to take a class in Europe (I'm from the US) and I'm not entirely certain I'll have any computer access at all until I get back. So, please, hold off on any important discussions until the 24th of January. :cool:

On a more on topic note, for those of you playing along at home, I have a thought on Metaknight. Anyone else worried by his excessively speedy arial attacks he might end up being a bit broken?

See ya'll in a few weeks.

Andy

Sensai

Smash Master
The rAt said:
...until the 24th of January.
That's the day after my birthday, actually. Oh joy! The rAt comes home for my birthday!

And yes....Metaknight looks like he might be Marth+Fox+Jiggly, so far as I can tell.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I love it when people devote an entire post to telling people to get back on topic. Its so on topic of them. :p
Spam. Agreed.

I don't see why everyone is so pessimistic about 2007. I liked 2006 through about august or so. And what's the worst that can happen? Besides the end of the world.
2007 will be as 2006 was...in my opinion '06 sucked like every other year so I don't look foward to '07, only Brawl.

That's the day after my birthday, actually. Oh joy! The rAt comes home for my birthday!
Yay! I'm so happy for you Sensai...you get The rAt for your Birthday! I'm so jealous.

On a side note, I hope everyone here has a good January. In a few hours, I'll be leaving to take a class in Europe (I'm from the US) and I'm not entirely certain I'll have any computer access at all until I get back. So, please, hold off on any important discussions until the 24th of January. :cool:
Oh don't worry, we would all be lost without you. Important shizniz only happens here when you're around.:p

On a more on topic note, for those of you playing along at home, I have a thought on Metaknight. Anyone else worried by his excessively speedy arial attacks he might end up being a bit broken?
No, why?

And yes....Metaknight looks like he might be Marth+Fox+Jiggly, so far as I can tell.
Metaknight won't be broken, his multiple strikes all hit for less for same damage, plus unbelievable lag if you miss. Not broken, just cool. Metaknight isn't broken, this post is broken. :laugh:

I just four-stocked this conversation.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
On another topic, I know it's probably just me, but I hope one of Pit's costumes will have black wings instead of white; or atleast another unique color other than white.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
On another topic, I know it's probably just me, but I hope one of Pit's costumes will have black wings instead of white; or atleast another unique color other than white.
Everyone would pick the costume with black wings and then there would be arguments over who gets to use that costume in tournys. Believe it or not, there are actually people out there who believe that the costume you pick matters.

Example: For Falcon: Black = less lag; White = more L canceling; Red = more aggressive; Green = more defensive; I forget what my friend said he thought Blue did, but the whole point was that he thought you got certain attributes based on the costume you picked.

So it really matters to some people. What I think should be done, and this has been suggested many times, is break the characters into skin sections. For instance, to the game Pit becomes 8 sections: Wings, Hair, Bow, Arrows, Torso, Legs, Boots, and Cuffs. The player can customize the costume by selecting from roughly 50 different hues for every different piece of the character's "skin". Then you save your custom costume to your tag, and you automatically get that costume everytime you use that tag. If you get tired of it, go to the edit function and change it to your liking and save. That would be very cool and convienent, and some characters like Kirby and Yoshiwould only have a few adjustable parts: boots, scales(yosh), body.

I am now going to set my timers and wait for someone to comment on how the discussion keeps cycling every few pages, ultimately leading nowhere.:p

Joner

Smash Cadet
OMG! This discussin cycles every few pages and leads to nowhere!111ONEONE

No really, full customisation of the characters' colours never really work out as goog as one wants it. Pit with Black wins FTW. :D

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Rhyme that would be cool, then our characters could have themes like, goth Zamus or goth pit (lol I'm not goth but it's the best I could think of) then characters would represent people much more.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
aw i'm not the angel fan on the boards n_n;;

The full colour customization bit sounds good and all, but you wouldn't want to be doing that every time before each match. Setting it for your profile would be fine... but in tournaments, if you're that superstitious and playing on other people's memory cards, you would end up doing it before each match and it'd annoy the crap out of people.

? I hope that reads right lol.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It did, I was thinking the same thing, I can see people in tournaments now...

Zamus player: Nooooooo I lost! Ahhhhh
Pit player: Haha I beat you with my lucky default coloured Pit! HAZZAH!!
Zamus player: If I had my skin coloured ZS Samus I'd whop yo' *** boi!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
aw i'm not the angel fan on the boards n_n;;

The full colour customization bit sounds good and all, but you wouldn't want to be doing that every time before each match. Setting it for your profile would be fine... but in tournaments, if you're that superstitious and playing on other people's memory cards, you would end up doing it before each match and it'd annoy the crap out of people.

? I hope that reads right lol.
Riiight:ohwell: Didn't think that one through...

Oh well, still a cool idea. I guess they could make it work, but it would be really complicated. Better to just make several preset costumes and let people fight over the angle of death.

Speaking of which, Angle of Death, White Marth, that's mine *****es! Just in case anyone was wondering...:chuckle:

Why wouldn't it read right? You using an online translator?

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't read right because I was tired and I tend to be long-winded to the point of incoherencey.

And don't get me wrong, I really like the idea. It's just kind of impractical.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Yep, if we still had it like 64 (with the memory card slot in the controller) it would work, but that memory card thing was weird o_O.

The 5th Police

Smash Journeyman
the only good thing with the back of the n64 controller was the pack to put your pokemon red,blue, yellow,silver,gold, and crystal for pokemon stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom