• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Or a Down B...

And Wario will definitely be slow, no question. I doubt he'll be the slowest, seeing as how Bowser will probably be making a comeback.

Anyways, gotta go, Zelda!
Reading that just gave me an awesome idea! What if the rocket explodes as soon as it hits a surface. If you are in midair, it will continue down at that same -60 degree angle until it hits either a midair opponent or the ground. Imagine being able to bombard people while recovering? That would chase away a few determined edgeguarders.

It would also be crazy if it were optional to hold B after pressing downB to explode it at any point. That would seem to me to be the more logical approach, since automatically detonating on a midair opponent would be too easy.

Sorry, this was at least 20 posts ago, regarding Snake's RPG.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I saw it in a youtube video. That's about as vived as it gets.
Are you sure it wasn't supposed to be more? I would have figured 40 at least. Well, whatever Nintendo can accomplish for us impatient fans.

Sakurai? I have yet to hear about this.

Rhyme...welcome back. Where ya been?
Well, I tend to drift away for a few days periodically. This time it was more along the lines of a week where I was busy with the holidays slash playing Paper Mario The 1000-Year Door.

Don't wait up for me, I just stopped in for today because I didn't want to become completely lost in the discussion, but it would appear that there is already way too much for me to read over. I will probably be gone until the beginning of January, once my school schedule becomes more regular I get back on track with Smashboards as well. There is just too much I want to do and I actually have time now.

I'm sure Sensai missed my refreashing input over the past week. You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.;)

keroku_the_thunderwolf

Smash Apprentice
Reading that just gave me an awesome idea! What if the rocket explodes as soon as it hits a surface. If you are in midair, it will continue down at that same -60 degree angle until it hits either a midair opponent or the ground. Imagine being able to bombard people while recovering? That would chase away a few determined edgeguarders.

that would be the next level to Samus' missile spammage. And if that were the case imagine how bad Fox's laser would/will be.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol, as a gamer, I never get any games for christmas, never. It's a curse, everyone I know who doesn't play games gets a Xbox 360,Wii, PS3, DS etc. and they don't even use it! ARGH!

Sorry for going off topic.

Sensai

Smash Master
I got a bunch...speaking of which....

I just beat Zelda. Excellent...god, so good.

Rhyme said:
I'm sure Sensai missed my refreashing input over the past week. You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
They also say 'cold silence has a tendency to atrophy any sense of compassion.'

:-D

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
Snake could possibly be an awesome character to play, since they don't want to use guns because of bullets. They can always use his traqulizer gun, rations, c4 (pull them out like link, and let them stick!) I was going to say the katana, but Rayden uses that. They might even give him some original moves. I was just zoomin through the thread, i think he'd be a formidable foe, and his roll would be terrible if his box was his guard because he would have to crawl for the roll. Unless they choose to give Snake a wacky new look. I don't know. I think that metaknight will be pretty weak, but with fast attacks, also as fast as kirby. He just might be really similar to kirby but more badass, as for zero suit samus. She seems pretty cool and from the looks of the trailer, she does that windmill kick like shiek. She might be a faster samus.

And for the kid who posted about beating zelda.
Hellz yeah that crap was awesome! That game kicked so much ***!

Sensai

Smash Master
Jeah...that game was freakin' sweet. Too bad we're gonna have to wait for another hundred years for a new one now. :-(

And I seriously SERIOUSLY doubt Snake will use sticky bombs of any type. Why? It's entirely too powerful.

Picture this: Snake knocks Link off. Snake walks over to the ledge, and plants 2 or 3 sticky's on the ledge. GG.

xCUREx

Smash Rookie
it would be cool if king dedede came in and had moves like donkey kong w/ a hammer

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
Wow, I didn't even think of King Dedede. He would be badass. Toad would be kinda cool to see as a smash character. I thought he was badass in Super Mario 2. If they do put him in that'd be awesome.

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
1. Giving snake c4's will make snake broken as sensai said.

2. Can we please not talk about the Zelda game, i haven't even played it yet and already ppl r spoilin it for me.

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
Also, Daisy and WaLuigi. I don't know about him, I never liked him. He was just a rip off of luigi and a rip off of the idea of Wario/Mario. His name is even stupid. WaLuigi? Diddy Kong would be sweet. Also, I read that Nintendo is waiting for a response for Sega to allow sonic in super smash brothers? I think sonic would kick so much *** as a smash character.

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
And for snake's C4. there should be a count down similar to how long it takes links bombs to explode. Just they stick and you can plant multiple ones. When they stick to players, you can roll them off you or something.

TheGSF

Smash Cadet
Even if the C4 does hit you on the ledge, its not gonna spike you down, you can always up and b back up again. Also, you'd have to activate the C4 by pressing B or something and then he would have some significant lag. I really can't think of any thing for snake, I haven't played the games in a while. The Nikita? The camera missile gun thing you use on sniper wolf? Thad be cool. kinda like samus's missiles.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Just because this stupid thread is so off, I'm going to make the obligatory, "**** I hope there's a skin coloured suit for Zamus..." comment.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
O_o???? Skin coloured suit?? For Zamus! LOL.

Anywho...

Does anyone think Rayden from MGS4 will make it?

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
I just beat Zelda. Excellent...god, so good.
Dangit, you too, Sensai? I swear I'm going to be the last person in the world to start that game, let alone finish it.

Anyhow, I remember it being said multiple times that Snake wasn't going to have real world weapons such as guns (and if you think I'm going to search all 136 pages to find it... well, I don't really have a clever way to say it, but you're wrong. Go find it yourself.), but I really don't remember if that extended to explosives or not. Something to consider, one way or another, I guess.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's a translation thread in the other SSBB forum that has Sakurai's comments translated. And it's true Snake won't use real world weapons.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Um...grenades and RPGs do exist in the real world as do a good majority of the weapons in MGS. I think a more accurate description would be "weapons that may be accessible to children who are a part of the target audience" IE civilian weapons that aren't archaic and novelties nowadays like swords.

Also, the new Zelda game for the Wii is supposedly well under way and is supposed to be out before we would've expected but I'm sure there will be enough time for some of the more unlucky people to finish TP before then.

Sensai

Smash Master
2. Can we please not talk about the Zelda game, i haven't even played it yet and already ppl r spoilin it for me.
I'm sorry someone's ruining it for you. I'm trying my best not to scream out that ZELDA'S REALLY A FAT GUY NAMED EARL Z0MGZ0MG!!11.

No, mate, I wouldn't do that to ya.

SubparSmashBrother said:
Maybe Samus' taunt removes the suit for the rest of the match, so it's like two different characters but not really???!
Wow. I hadn't even thought of that. Plus rep for you, and shame on everyone else for ignoring it. Excellent thought....although, would Zamus's taunt be putting the suit back on?

The rAt said:
Dangit, you too, Sensai? I swear I'm going to be the last person in the world to start that game, let alone finish it.

Anyhow, I remember it being said multiple times that Snake wasn't going to have real world weapons such as guns (and if you think I'm going to search all 136 pages to find it... well, I don't really have a clever way to say it, but you're wrong. Go find it yourself.), but I really don't remember if that extended to explosives or not. Something to consider, one way or another, I guess.
Don't worry too much about Zelda..it's worth the wait, I promise.

And I think that the whole 'Snake using weapons' thing is getting blown out of context. I believe that what they mean by this, like Devastlian said, is that he won't use handguns, as they're easily found and purchased by the public. Rocket launchers and explosives are fine, I assume, as they're not easy to find on the open market.

Devastlian said:
Also, the new Zelda game for the Wii is supposedly well under way and is supposed to be out before we would've expected but I'm sure there will be enough time for some of the more unlucky people to finish TP before then.
When was the last Zelda game that came out on time? When was the last Zelda game that didn't take over a year to complete? Hell, even the DS's Phantom Hourglass is being pushed back...

At any rate, the earliest I will be expecting a new Zelda is Q4 '08, if even that soon.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Heheh, ya, that's a pretty reasonable guess. PH is supposedly getting an overhaul, though, so I guess that's justified. And most (good) games take over a year to make nowadays anyway so, if production really has already began on Z15, then fourth quarter really is when we should expect it.

And stuff.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.... Oh well, Raiden from MGS4 looks kick ***, probably too kick *** for SSBB he looks like a real assassin or something...

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
keroku_the_thunderwolf;2012169(from kinda a while ago) said:
woah, triple post? this guy is daring. Plus he's talking about characters not confirmed.
he's still a smash n00b, cut him some slack.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
He's new to forums too, he doesn't even know what flaming is, he made flamebait on the melee forums. The thread was, 'Who's the worst character in Melee'.

I'll give him some time to adjust before I go harsh on him.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol you can go check it out, I don't have a link my pc is a bit laggy now so I don't wanna switch pages excessively. Some people started flaming each other when I lasted checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom