• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
o **** i didn't know o_• plz forgive me lord miyamoto

-.<* I'm also gonna go get some sleep because I'm getting long winded. Too many asian's at the club last night. I'm tired ~_~...
You dare to insult the great one?!? We shall offer you in your unworthyness as a sacrifice in hopes that it will quicken the release of Brawl.^_^

That last sentence, is there something goine on that I missed?

However there was a new Ness model on it. Under the ad for the new DS Earthbound game.
It was a detailed 3D one too. Perhaps a hint?
Rreeallly...that should put to rest all the silly rumors about Ness getting the boot. If he is getting a brand spankin' new game then he has even more reason to be a part of the "Smash Family".

There's a DS Earthbound?
Um...apperantly. I actually hadn't heard anything about it either, but I am greatful.

Razed

Smash Ace
Err... It had been confirmed that no characters other than those in the vids are definitely in brawl... so why the pointless thread about it? and why 100+ pages of spam?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Err... It had been confirmed that no characters other than those in the vids are definitely in brawl... so why the pointless thread about it? and why 100+ pages of spam?
It has degenerated somewhat into a what would Nintendo do with this character IF (s)he were confirmed thread. We have been conversing about the so-called confirme'd ones, but not as much as general Brawl character discussion.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Screw Nintendo. Who do you think Jesus would put in this game, huh?

Better yet: Hideo Kojima

oh, and that asians in the club thing was totally irrelivent. I was tired and a bit nostalgic of the night before (or was it the same night?) More asians than usual at an industrial club I frequent. They were all stereotypically drunk, and amusing.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Screw Nintendo. Who do you think Jesus would put in this game, huh?

Better yet: Hideo Kojima

oh, and that asians in the club thing was totally irrelivent. I was tired and a bit nostalgic of the night before (or was it the same night?) More asians than usual at an industrial club I frequent. They were all stereotypically drunk, and amusing.
You do realize that I was joking about the whole sacrifice thing, right?

Aah, the usual. Haha just kidding.

SpincycleofDOOM

Smash Apprentice
hahaha. Yeah I didnt hear about the DS one until that issue either.

But I'll post whatever news I get out of NP on brawl here.

I have a 2 year subscription to it too haha.

EDIT: I read it wrong, it was re-visiting the old one. But it mentioned it getting onto the virtual console. Soo... it still could count. And that new model has to mean something too.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
See, Rhyme jokes about those kinds of things, I just do them.

Its a good point that this topic is supposed to be about the characters we know are in. In that spirit, anyone have any thoughts about any of Wario's non-flatulence based attacks? I'm kinda hoping they get back to the original Wario Land. I mean, nothing against Wario's current WarioWare kick, but its not really the basis for a fighting moveset. I'm kinda hoping to see that good old body slam back in action.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
wario will most defiently have to have his running body thrust (like in wario ware for the gc there was a minigame where he ahd to blast through a wall using it)

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
You do realize that I was joking about the whole sacrifice thing, right?

Aah, the usual. Haha just kidding.
^_^ but of course. I'll have to note that even though I seem rather cynical, most of it is all in good humour.

Where are you guys going with this Ness thing... ?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
^_^ but of course. I'll have to note that even though I seem rather cynical, most of it is all in good humour.
Gotcha.

Where are you guys going with this Ness thing... ?
Absolutely, positively, un-doubtedly, un-preventively nowhere.:laugh:

See, Rhyme jokes about those kinds of things, I just do them.

Its a good point that this topic is supposed to be about the characters we know are in. In that spirit, anyone have any thoughts about any of Wario's non-flatulence based attacks? I'm kinda hoping they get back to the original Wario Land. I mean, nothing against Wario's current WarioWare kick, but its not really the basis for a fighting moveset. I'm kinda hoping to see that good old body slam back in action.
So while Andy is a man of action, I'm more of a jester.

Well, if you watch the part of the trailer where it shows Pit doing his "fast-dodge", you will see Wario lurching fowards and punching, his fist becoming rather large. I believe this was one of his attacks in an old gameboy Wario game, but could be mistaken. Other than that, I could see him ripping off of some of Luigi's and Mario's moves. We can already see that he has Bowser's Bair. I couldn't really imagine someone of his dimensions kicking. Ooh, maybe one of his costumes(possibly an unlockable one) could be him with brass knuckles! Think Nintendo would go there?

What might Wario's recovery consist of?

Sensai

Smash Master
I imagine his recovery will consist of his farting prowess, sadly. I just don't enjoy fart jokes...

I hope he'll have a bunch of weird, out-there moves like G/W. It wouldn't be hard to put together, either, 'cause of all those ****able WarioWare games (that I love so much).

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Considering that Nintendo has shown that they're taking advantage of Wario's excessive flatulence, I'd put my money on a sort of "fart rocket" for his recovery.

And while we're at it, let's rip off Luigi and make it an instakill when done to someone at about +80%

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
I imagine his recovery will consist of his farting prowess, sadly. I just don't enjoy fart jokes...

I hope he'll have a bunch of weird, out-there moves like G/W. It wouldn't be hard to put together, either, 'cause of all those ****able WarioWare games (that I love so much).
**** you for less eloquently beating my post D:<

Rhyme

Smash Lord

Not enjoy fart jokes! You can hardly even be considered sub-human with that attitude. The very day after I add you to my hero's list, attrocity! You're under watch, mister. > \ / <

EDIT:
Considering that Nintendo has shown that they're taking advantage of Wario's excessive flatulence, I'd put my money on a sort of "fart rocket" for his recovery.

And while we're at it, let's rip off Luigi and make it an instakill when done to someone at about +80%
It would be very likely that they will rip off Luigi. I said that before, but not with the intention that Wario wouldn't even get origional upB moves.

I realize you are being sarcastic, just want to express my opinion that it would suck if Wario's KOed easily as well.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
Just like any other game Wario has appeared in... he'll probably be slow and considered a "heavyweight."

I'll give him a chance though... at least for you guys to try him out, certainly not me ;p

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Just like any other game Wario has appeared in... he'll probably be slow and considered a "heavyweight."

I'll give him a chance though... at least for you guys to try him out, certainly not me ;p
Fair enough, I'll definately try him out. I am good with Mario, so a slower version of one of my good characters probably won't appeal to me, but everyone deserves a chance.

EDIT:I figured it out! If you get a blue square in your "latest reputation recieved" section, it means that the total rep you have earned on that post is equal to zero. At least one person +repped you and at least 1 -repped you, and it broke even. Person didn't put who they were, don't see any problem with this post at all. It was on topic.
Lucky for me we just had that debate about disrespecting n00bs, I should fit right in here.:laugh:

I think that, in the time until Brawl's release, we will see the announcement of every Melee character that is returning plus 3 completely new characters. Any new additions such as third party characters should remain a secret. The 3 new characters will be released periodically to continue the hype surrounding the game. I also believe that we may see a new level which in some way reveals a returning character, rather than showing the character him/her-self. The 3 new characters that Nintendo introduces should conceal clue(s) towards figuring out at least 1 other character that they will never introduce, simply to keep us occupied.

EDIT: Here's a fun little game that we should play...the next person among us that finds reputable new information about Brawl gets free +rep.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Wario doesn't look like he's that slow...
Why say you? If you watch the NWT, he lags horrifically after his two ariel attacks.

Also, as long as we are on the topic of how the characters look, re-watch the Origional Brawl Trailer. Near the end of the trailer, when it shows Mario, Link, and Kirby fighting with Snake in the background, Mario does a roll to avoid Kirby's downB. Notice that it is a normal speed roll? Either Nintendo introduced something that wasn't final upon the release of the first trailer, or the quick-dodge is something only certain characters can perform. Think of it in a sense of only agile characters can walljump. Same deal, but for T-Major we will add DK to the list.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Sheik has horrendous lag after her Side B move but she isn't slow. I mean Wario isn't as slow as the current slow characters. Bowser and Ganondorf I mean.
Well now you are just spliting hairs.

Let us look at it in a different maner...Wario runs very slowly, so do all slow characters(ganon, bowser, DK, etc). Only exception being Roy, maybe. He is simply laggy, his attacks are fast.

Either way, because Wario runs slowly, uses attack animations from a slow character, and has been a slow, power character in every Mario Sport type game he has been in, I would say Wario is a slow character.

Might just be me...

EDIT: Wow, what a jerk I was, seeing for the first time as I re-read my own post. ^_^ I maintain the same message though.

Metaknight Alpha

Smash Rookie
I've seen a trailer that shows snake using an RPG launcher. It looks similar to Samus' downward power attack. The one where she makes an explosion with her arm...

Sensai

Smash Master
Or a Down B...

And Wario will definitely be slow, no question. I doubt he'll be the slowest, seeing as how Bowser will probably be making a comeback.

Anyways, gotta go, Zelda!

DynamicDuo

Smash Lord
(snake doing the rocket launcher) If u look carefully u see a star flash before snake fires. We all know u see this when u do a smash attack so it might be his dsmash!

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman

I think that's valid enough. Sorry about being so cynical about this transformation business, but weren't enough people pissed off about the shiek-zelda thing?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't think Samus will transform into Zamus like Shiek/Zelda, if you read the bottom of the page at the link given 2 posts above it says "Don't worry you'll be able to play as *standard* Samus too*.

Ipslne

Smash Journeyman
"under certain conditions"

Leads me to believe that Zamus will not be a seperate playable character, but a transformation of Samus. Of course you can paly as regular Samus, but when those certain conditions are met, you transform. What scares me is what Nintendo will make this "certain conditions"

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Okay, so this is a stretch, but "under certain conditions" could refer to the player choosing for happen. Like selecting her on the character screen. Yeah, I know its not what he meant, but it was going to be said eventually, and I figured it should come from someone who knows what they are saying is totally wrong :lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom