• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
Through sheer logic, I've determined it'll come out for Xmas next year.

The logic? Nintendo needs a game to sell consoles. That's it.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Logic? I would label that experience. Without the experiencial knowledge that Nintendo likes to announce big games, then slowly kill the hype surrounding it over long drawn-out waiting periods before releasing them, I would disagree.

But since this is Nintendo we are talking about, and I've had the experience of waiting for Zelda for the last three (is that right? I lost track after the first one) years, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Sensai

Smash Master
I have no idea. It seems like it's been forever....

The one thing I enjoy about that, though, is that since it's Nintendo, you know it's been delayed to be improved. With other companies, it's been delayed because they just haven't gotten off their ***** to do it yet.

Look at OoT. Delayed 51981891321.7 years and it's the best Zelda (if not GAME) of all time.

I haven't played through TP yet.

T-major

Smash Champion
i made another poop

o__________O!?..................................... yeeeeeeeaaahhhh.....

aaaaaannny ways... about Zero-suit Samus. we saw in the newest video, that she was changing the shape of her gun (I counted four forms) do you think this means she could change it for different attacks? maybe each gun form would give her a diferant neutral B move. or just different effects for it. what attacks do you think it will give her?

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer

o__________O!?..................................... yeeeeeeeaaahhhh.....

aaaaaannny ways... about Zero-suit Samus. we saw in the newest video, that she was changing the shape of her gun (I counted four forms) do you think this means she could change it for different attacks? maybe each gun form would give her a diferant neutral B move. or just different effects for it. what attacks do you think it will give her?
1)charge shot
2)light-saber
3)uzi type
4)stun...like mewtwos stun

^....I guareentee.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Or, it could be her standing idle animation. But more than likely, it's her taunt. I doubt she would have that many different attacks.
I agree with Rhyme. I could understand two different attack stances, but four!? That's a bit too much for one character.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
You mean like how shiek gathers needles? ZSS does re-aranging with her gun and loads it? That doesn't make any sense.
When I said sheik I meant sheik has a total of 7 b moves... sheik = 3 + transfor = 4, zelda = 3...3=4 =7...

baiscally...im suggesting

Pressing down B changes gun style...up to 4 different styles... and netrual B is to use the style.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
When I said sheik I meant sheik has a total of 7 b moves... sheik = 3 + transfor = 4, zelda = 3...3=4 =7...

baiscally...im suggesting

Pressing down B changes gun style...up to 4 different styles... and netrual B is to use the style.
But pressing downB to change Samus/ZSS would make so much more sense, and even that doesn't make sense. Dressing head to toe within 2 seconds...impossible.

Shifting through the gun styles would make for some interesting combinations and strategies in gameplay, I just don't think it'll happen. Nothing personal.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
But pressing downB to change Samus/ZSS would make so much more sense, and even that doesn't make sense. Dressing head to toe within 2 seconds...impossible.

Shifting through the gun styles would make for some interesting combinations and strategies in gameplay, I just don't think it'll happen. Nothing personal.
none taken, i think i can safelly say we both just want it to run smoothly.

Geofreak

Smash Cadet
T my understanding Fox was confirmed but he is definently not on the first page list. And I also could've sworn I saw wavedash confirmation. If you don't elieve me watch the part right before or after it shows Mario for a split second he seems to slide. Wavedash confirmation or my hopeful eyes playing tricks on me?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Wow, idealists. Didn't we all get the statement that ZSamus was going to have the pistol and the whip?
That is the first lead to my conclusion.

Second, didn't ANYONE else notice that when the gun changes, it goes through TWO phases? just back and forth? Starts as gun, changes to the other form [whip most likely, still no proof], back to the gun, and the screen cuts off as she's about to hit it to change again into the whip [or whatever it is].

It's two forms/phases/modes/whatever, not 4 or 14.

Sensai

Smash Master
Geofreak, I believe that that is just hopeful eyes finding what they want to.

But yes, Fox is confirmed. It's just that no one cares enough to update the first page.

T-major

Smash Champion
Wow, idealists. Didn't we all get the statement that ZSamus was going to have the pistol and the whip?
That is the first lead to my conclusion.

Second, didn't ANYONE else notice that when the gun changes, it goes through TWO phases? just back and forth? Starts as gun, changes to the other form [whip most likely, still no proof], back to the gun, and the screen cuts off as she's about to hit it to change again into the whip [or whatever it is].

It's two forms/phases/modes/whatever, not 4 or 14.
I watched the video agian. and your right. it does only have two modes. my memory of the video was a little foggy, because I've only seen it a few times. but yeah, one made is probably fot the beam whip, and the other for just a regular pistol. thanks for clearing that up for me.

supermarioman

Smash Rookie
Meta Knight will own over Snake.

Wario will own over Snake.

And, I hope, Pichu will own over all, including Snake.

Anyways, I hope some of the 3rd party characters won't get the game rated M. Blood, sexual themes, and gore just don't seem to fit in with Smash.
I think the moveset for him is going to be the simple punch punch kick punch kinda thing

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I think the moveset for him is going to be the simple punch punch kick punch kinda thing
Moveset for whom? You never really stated.

I think that Nintendo may have gotten rid of some invincibility frames. If you notice in the NWT during Snake's intro, the part on the FE castle level on the roof. He upercuts Pit, then does a slow roll, much like the Melee rolls, and hits Pit with his rocket launcher while he is rising. Two things stand out. One is that you used to be invulnerable while standing and Snake clearly hit Pit while he was rising to his feet. Second is the slow roll he does, which takes approximately half a second to complete. This shows that the roll was not speed up, it is kept the same. What we see Pit and Metaknight do in the trailer is obviously something new to the game, or possibly just what WDing looks like now. ^_^

T-major

Smash Champion
Moveset for whom? You never really stated.

I think that Nintendo may have gotten rid of some invincibility frames. If you notice in the NWT during Snake's intro, the part on the FE castle level on the roof. He upercuts Pit, then does a slow roll, much like the Melee rolls, and hits Pit with his rocket launcher while he is rising. Two things stand out. One is that you used to be invulnerable while standing and Snake clearly hit Pit while he was rising to his feet. Second is the slow roll he does, which takes approximately half a second to complete. This shows that the roll was not speed up, it is kept the same. What we see Pit and Metaknight do in the trailer is obviously something new to the game, or possibly just what WDing looks like now. ^_^
oh snap! I never noticed that before. nice find!

also, is it just me, or does it look like Snake rolls forward, and then back when he's going into his rocket attack (by the way, I think that will be one of his B moves, not a tilt or smash), or is that just part of the rocket attack animation?

Solid Smash

Smash Cadet
Pit looks awsome... im going to download Kid icarus over wifi when i get my wii, just for the fun of it.

And they would be crazy not to incorpirate some kind of sleeping effect for one of snake's moves.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Pit looks awsome... im going to download Kid icarus over wifi when i get my wii, just for the fun of it.

And they would be crazy not to incorpirate some kind of sleeping effect for one of snake's moves.
To bad that isn't gona be available for a while. If you check on the Nintendo website, it gives a huge list of games that will be available by the end of december. I went here in case it wasn't obvious enough.

oh snap! I never noticed that before. nice find!

also, is it just me, or does it look like Snake rolls forward, and then back when he's going into his rocket attack (by the way, I think that will be one of his B moves, not a tilt or smash), or is that just part of the rocket attack animation?
It might make sense as his downB attack. I'm a Samus main and therefore so incredibly tempted to say its Dtilt. :laugh:

I think that he just walked fowards before attacking. No one said that had to be part of the attack.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Altered Beast Sega Genesis
Baseball NES
Bomberman '93 TurboGrafx-16
Bonk's Adventure TurboGrafx-16
Columns Sega Genesis
Donkey Kong NES
Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine Sega Genesis
Dungeon Explorer TurboGrafx-16
Ecco the Dolphin Sega Genesis
F-Zero SNES
Golden Axe Sega Genesis
Gunstar Heroes Sega Genesis
Ice Hockey NES
Mario Bros. NES
Pinball NES
Ristar Sega Genesis
Sim City SNES
Soccer NES
Sonic the Hedgehog Sega Genesis
Solomon’s Key NES
Space Harrier II Sega Genesis
Super Mario 64 N64
Super Star Soldier TurboGrafx-16
The Legend of Zelda NES
Tennis NES
Toe Jam & Earl Sega Genesis
Urban Champion NES
Victory Run TurboGrafx-16
Wario’s Woods NES

Don't worry, though, it sounds like Kid Icarus will be among the first titles released in 2007. They're going to be adding 10 every Monday come January.

icymatt

Smash Lord
When was Kid Icaris confirmed? Did I really miss that?
http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744751p1.html

They were all registered on the ESRB website. That was how we originally discovered which Genesis titles would be appearing in 2006, too.

Besides SMRPG and Kid Icarus, the other confirmed games were:

Duck Hunt
Hogan's Alley
Kirby's Adventure
Pilot Wings
Pro Wrestling
Punch-Out!!
Wild Gunman
Kirby's Super Star
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
Super Metroid
Kirby Dreamland 3
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Excitebike
Ice Climber
Dr. Mario
Mario Bros.
Ice Hockey
Soccer

Now, it is to be noted that Mario Bros. is available right now, and Soccer and Ice Hockey are confirmed for later this year.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
http://wii.ign.com/articles/744/744751p1.html

They were all registered on the ESRB website. That was how we originally discovered which Genesis titles would be appearing in 2006, too.
Thanks for the link, it completely slipped my mind that I should check IGN.

BTW, I never played the Kid Icarus game, is Pit going to be able to draw moves out of it, or is it so simplistic that Nintendo is basically winging it saying, "Yea, he can do that...why not?"

Solid Smash

Smash Cadet
Darn, Icymatt beat me to it...oh well. Kid Icarus should be coming soon, along with other clasics(preys for super mario rpg)
Sweet! I've ben meaning to bring this up, alot of people I know are saying that the fox in the trailer is really fox Mc'Cloud's father James... i don't belive this(James has sun glasses) and I was wondering if anyone has a translation for the text under this character's portrait ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom